Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Goqua

Post by Jabroniville »

GOQUA
Role:
Trickster Demons
PL 13 (212)
(PL 16 Defensively)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 7 PRESENCE 7

Skills:
Deception 7 (+14)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+13)
Expertise (Demon) 6 (+13)
Expertise (History) 3 (+10)
Insight 4 (+11)
Persuasion 4 (+11)

Advantages:
Benefit (God), Daze (Deception), Fascination (Deception), Ranged Attack 9

Powers:
"MDC Being" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 5) [9]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Immunity 3 (Aging, Poison, Gases) [3]
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Senses 4 (Vision Counters Concealment) [4]
Concealment 2 (Vision) [4]
Comprehend (Languages) 3 [6]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]

"Bite" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Magic" (4D6 Spells from Levels 1-6, All Rituals/Circles Level 8-15)
"Psionics" (All Sensitive Powers, Meditation, Empathic Transmission, Mind Block Auto-Defense, Hypnotic Suggestion, Hydrokinesis, Mind Bolt)

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Bite +13 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +19, Fortitude +15, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Power & Conquest)
Rivalry (Other Demons)- The Goqua are opposed by nearly every other type of demon, and are nearly always treated as inferior. This has made them spiteful and happy to oppose them.
Power Loss (Magic)- The powers inherent to their Staffs and Armor is not limitless- they will eventually run out of "juice" to activate any spells, and need a day to recharge.

Total: Abilities: 128 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 44 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 13 (212 + Magic & Psionics)

-"Masters of Deception", the Goqua look like giant slugs or larvae in spiky shells- huge Mega-Damage beasts that can easily kill and are Dragon-tier in durability. They are intelligent, curious beings, and are fascinated by humans being so mercurial and unpredictable, finding them wonderful pawns. They like to create competitions for humans, or fabricate wars between them- they are demonic tempters and may be the origin for a lot of myths about how humans are the playthings of the gods (Loki-G, one of the false Asgardians, is a Goqua, for example). Despite their power, they are treated as inferior by all other demons, which has made them just as likely to manipulate and endanger them- even slipping humanoids the chance to kill these adversaries!

-Goqua are incredibly expensive and powerful, hitting PL 13 offensively with their seven attacks, and PL 16 defensively with their 1D6x1000 M.D.C.! Plus a ton of magic spells, great Psionics and more.
Jabroniville

Grave Ghoul

Post by Jabroniville »

GRAVE GHOUL
Role:
Corpse-Eaters
PL 9 (58)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -3 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Intimidation 8 (+5)
Stealth 6 (+6)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
Immunity 6 (Aging, Poison, Gases, Cold, Suffocation 2) [6]
Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2]
"Innate Shadow Meld" Concealment 2 (Vision) (Flaws: Source- Shadows) [2]
"Bite & Kick" Strength-Damage +4 [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Bite +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +2

Complications:
Disabled (Blinded By The Light)- Ghouls are blinded by daylight or artificial light. Lit up like a douche in the long and lonely night.
Responsibility (Cowardly)- Ghouls won't attack unless cornered.
Vulnerable (Fire)- Normal S.D.C. fire does equivalent Mega-Damage, and Mega-Damage fire does double-damage.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 15 (58)

-The "Classic Ghouls", these are grave-robbing demons who eat corpses. They're typically quite cowardly, and don't eat fresh kills, so will usually only attack if cornered. They always travel in groups of 2-8, but won't attack even then, but do like to give chase to anyone fleeing in terror. They are tolerable PL 7.5 attackers, but are PL 8.5 to dodge.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Dar'ota

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:45 am Image

They didn't use a picture in the book, so I simply found photos of the most beautiful human being imaginable.

DAR'OTA (Incubus/Succubus)
Role:
Seducers
This SHOCKS me that you would use these pics.

NOT!!! 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Re: Dar'ota

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:45 am
This SHOCKS me that you would use these pics.

NOT!!! 8-)
Just keepin' everyone on their toes, like usual!
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Boschala! Dybbuk! Entities! Goqua!)

Post by Ares »

From what I remember, Beyond the Supernatural pre-dates Rifts, and a lot of its mechanics got adapted for the Rifts, such as Potential Psychic Energy being used as the Mana Points system while Inner Strength Points became the Psychic Powers.

Honestly, that always should have been switched around for me (ISP for magic, PPE for psychics), but that's just me.

I'm curious when Jab gets to the Ninja and Superspies section of the book.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Post by Davies »

ISP was associated with psychic powers in Palladium games that predate the introduction of PPE in Beyond the Supernatural, so ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Davies wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 am ISP was associated with psychic powers in Palladium games that predate the introduction of PPE in Beyond the Supernatural, so ...
Ahh, I see.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:04 am From what I remember, Beyond the Supernatural pre-dates Rifts, and a lot of its mechanics got adapted for the Rifts, such as Potential Psychic Energy being used as the Mana Points system while Inner Strength Points became the Psychic Powers.

Honestly, that always should have been switched around for me (ISP for magic, PPE for psychics), but that's just me.

I'm curious when Jab gets to the Ninja and Superspies section of the book.
Didn't I cover that already? It's only on half a page in the book.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

not yet its a small blurb though
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Gremlin

Post by Jabroniville »

GREMLIN
Role:
Mischievous Techno-Terror
PL 7 (79)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Sleight of Hand 4 (+4)
Stealth 0 (+2, +10 Size)
Technology 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Close Attack 4, Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
Immunity 3 (Drugs, Poison, Gases) [3]
"Mega-Damage Punch" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Tiny Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (1 foot) [17]
(-2 Strength, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

"Psionics" (Levitation, Electrokinesis, Object Read, Telemechanics)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Mayhem)- Gremlins only live to cause huge disasters.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 22 + Psionics / Defenses: 5 (79 + Psionics)

-Gremlins are ugly, hair-armed little creatures who love to cause mayhem by sabotaging technology (as goes the myths of them wrecking airplanes), even to the point of killing others. They only seek to cause great disasters- the bigger the better.
Jabroniville

Hell Hound

Post by Jabroniville »

HELL HOUND
Role:
Demon Dog
PL 10 (79)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+5)
Perception 8 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Great Endurance, Fast Grab, Improved Trip, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Acute & Extended Scent, Darkvision, Scent-Tracking) [5]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +4 [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Natural Weapons +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Energy Beings By Day)- Hell Hounds transform into invisible energy that cannot damage physical beings.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 14 (79)

-Hell Hounds are actually weird supernatural shapeshifters that don't understand dog anatomy enough to do it properly, creating malformed hell-creatures. They run in large packs (4D4), and are all over Rifts Earth now. Sunlight turns them back into invisible energy beings, so they are only apparent at night, making people think they're apparitions. They are good fighters, with five attacks, standard-issue "Monster M.D.C." and +9 damage.
Jabroniville

Malignous

Post by Jabroniville »

MALIGNOUS
Role:
Mix & Match Critters
PL 12 (124)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Intimidation 10 (+7)
Perception 8 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+8, +7 Size)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Defenses, Improved Trip, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Radius Sight, Infravision, Ultravision) [3]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Growth 1 (Str & Sta +1, +1 Mass, +0 Intimidation, -0 Dodge/Parry, -1 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [3]
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) [4]
Extra Limbs 2 [2]
Immunity 2 (Toxins, Gases) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Immunity 2 (Possession) [2]

"Natural Weapons- Teeth & Tail" Strength-Damage +4 Linked to Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) [16]

Morph (Giant Bug-Monster/Energy Form) (Feats: Metamorph) (Flaws: Source- Insect to Possess) [5]
(energy form has +8 Toughness, is Invisible & immune to touch but not energy)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Tail +12 (+9 Damage & +12 Affliction, DC 24 & 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Energy Beings)- Malignous are turned back into energy beings when destroyed, which usually transports them back to their natural dimension.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 12 (124)

-Malignous are energy beings that possess small insects and take over their bodies, turning them into giant hairy scorpions with multiple eye-stalks and tube-like mouths. This is actually not a bad design and stands out as unique and weird. They're mostly venomous beasts but have some intelligence and a LOT of accuracy. The venom is paralytic and doesn't last super-long.
Jabroniville

Mindolar

Post by Jabroniville »

MINDOLAR
Role:
Slug-Monsters, Manipulators
PL 13 (187)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+5)
Perception 8 (+6)

Advantages:
Fast Grab

Powers:
Immunity 6 (Mind Control, Aging) [6]
Immunity 2 (Drugs, Poison) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Growth 1 (Str & Sta +1, +1 Mass, +0 Intimidation, -0 Dodge/Parry, -1 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [3]

Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Comprehend 1 (Understands Languages) [2]
Senses 4 (Vision Counters Illusion) [4]
Remote Sensing 10 (Flaws: Source- Slaves) [10]

"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 Linked to Mind Control 10 (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) [32]

"Psionics" (All Sensitive Powers, Exorcism, Healing Touch, Increased Healing, Deaden Pain, Induce Sleep, Resist Fatigue, Bio-Manipulation, Empathic Transmission, Hypnotic Suggestion, Mind-Block Auto-Defense, Group Mind Block)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Bite +9 (+12 Damage & +8 Affliction, DC 27 & 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +7

Complications:
Power Loss (Psionics vs. Those Who Resist Mind Control)- Anyone who resists the slug's Mind Control Bite three times thereafter becomes immune to ALL the creature's Psionics!
Rivalry (Goqua, Others)- The two races compete intensely. Demi-Gods & Gods also dislike Mindolar for taking control of people.

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 70 / Defenses: 11 (187)

-Mindolar are intelligent slug-monsters who control minds- summoners are warned to be powerful and convincing, lest the creature take over them as well. The creatures are pretty basic for the most part, but high-level- a couple hundred M.D.C., +12 hitting power, great intelligence and wisdom, etc... but then they add in that BITE. This is the only time I've seen a "Mind Control Bite" in Rifts- as the creature can snap down and take over someone PERMANENTLY if they fail their save. The save is very "Palladium"- DC 15, pass or fail. That's tricky in M&M with how saves work- it's not insurmountable but the fact that it's Continuous is a real problem.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Entities! Goqua! Hell Hound! Malignous!)

Post by catsi563 »

Yeah Mindolars were a major problem because of the mind control bite. the rest is a neat villain concept the dark alien controller in the shadows that sort of thing. but the bite being permanent was such a breech of player agency that you had to house rule ways to cleanse it and make certain creatures functionally immune to it or have a high resistance to it.

GM found this out the hard way when one controlled my dragon and he nearly wiped out the other PCs almost single handedly before the player playing a Cyberknight managed a heroic effort telepoathic save

the worm was obliterated quickly after and we ruled dragons could giggle snort the MC bite from then on

Interestingly Mindolars are also big in Nightbane as they work for the night princes playing Agent Smith type roles
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Sowki

Post by Jabroniville »

SOWKI R.C.C.: ST +8, STA +8, FIGHTING +7, INT +5, AWA +5, PRE +5, Ranged Attack +7, Magic +6, "Bite" Damage + Weaken Stamina 6, Extended Vision 3, See the Invisible, Darkvision, "Magic" (All Illusionary & Ritual Magic, Metamorphosis- Animal & Human, Summon Lesser Beings), "Psionics" (Meditation, Mind Block, Sense Magic, Speed Reading, Summon Inner Strength, Total Recall, Object Read, Hypnotic Suggestion) [101]

-The Sowki have all the makings of a distinctive, original enemy race of monstrous creatures- their appearance is VERY unique (elongated skulls with three eyes, one on top of the other), tusks, scaly bodies, and more. The only thing holding them back is the goofy pronunciation of the name- "sa-woo-key". They are a race of ambitious, arrogant demons who love to control humans, frequently forming cults and the like with themselves as the peak. Though powerful and incredibly intelligent, they are so arrogant that they ALWAYS stretch themselves too far and get too ambitious, inevitably failing as they draw the wrong kind of attention and provoke a more dangerous foe.

-For some reason, the book says these are Optional Player Characters, despite very good M.D.C. and HUGE Mental Abilities, along with tons of natural magic and attacks. I mean I guess they let you play DRAGON HATCHLINGS, but still.