Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Shock

Re: Fire

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:46 am Image
Is she checking out a pinup of Polaris? While naked?
Jabroniville

Ice

Post by Jabroniville »

When you have the perfect hair and color scheme for your powers but then Disney comes along and completely trumps you.

ICE (Tora Olafsdotter, aka Icemaiden II)
Created By:
Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis & Kevin Maguire
First Appearance: Justice League International #12 (April 1988)
Role: Ice Hero
Group Affiliations: The Justice League of America, The Global Guardians, The Cadre
PL 10 (139)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Computers) 3 (+4)
Insight 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Ice) 3 (+10)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Ranged Attack 5, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"*Insert Same Elsa Joke Here*" Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]
"Ice Slides" Flight 3 (16 mph) (Extras: Affects Others) (Flaws: Platform) [6]
Movement 1 (Sure-Footed) (Flaws: Limited to Ice) [1]

"Ice Bonds" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Ranged) (37) -- [52]
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Wave" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Area- 60ft. Cone) (37)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Stream" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Line) (37)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Slick" Affliction 9 (Strength or Agility; Hindered/Prone) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (10)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Slick" Affliction 9 (Strength or Agility; Hindered/Prone) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (10)
  • Dynamic AE: Create Ice 8 (Feats: Dynamic, Innate, Precise) (Extras: Continuous) (27)
  • Dynamic AE: Environment 5 (500 feet) (Impede Movement, Visibility, Cold 2) (Feats: Dynamic) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Slab" Blast 8 (16)
  • AE: "Make Brittle" Weaken Toughness 8 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects Only +0) (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Ice Bonds +10 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
Ice Area Effects +9 (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Ice Slab +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Weaken +10 (+8 Ranged Weaken, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Fire)- The two are extremely close friends, despite being opposites (Fire is passionate and sexual, Ice is shy, modest and reserved).
Relationship (Guy Gardner)- Despite Guy's brash and over-emotional nature, the two are quite close. They have a strained relationship, however.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 60 / Defenses: 16 (139)

-Okay, I know precisely jack about Ice other than that she was gay for Fire (turns out that's the OTHER Icemaiden), and the only woman Guy Gardner could con into sleeping with him. She didn't even say anything on JLU! DC kinda killed her once, and I heard some fans were annoyed that she was presented as the hottest woman in the DCU for a while in a book featuring her (or maybe that was Icemaiden). Her low-end Iceman powers and her boring appearance have led to her being far less popular than her other half, Fire (Green hair and Brazilian features go a long ways), though I'm pretty sure she's been used more in the past few years.

-Tora is separate from Icemaiden, and I think she was created by mistake- somebody thought that Icemaiden's real name hadn't been given, and created the "Tora" name. When the truth was revealed, they just split the two characters up. Tora was the Princess of a lost tribe of magic-wielding Norsemen, and she accidentally killed her own father when her powers erupted- the results of this made her a shy and introverted person as a way to dissociate from the tragedy (this part was uncovered like a couple years ago- it wasn't always part of her origin). She joined the Global Guardians as the second Icemaiden (the original quit when a real "Ice-Tribe" person showed up), soon becoming pals with Green Flame, aka Fire. Here, she was known as the shy and kind member of the team, and even dated Guy Gardner for a time, but was killed after Superman's death by The Overmaster- Mark Waid, the writer of that story, admitted that killing her was a mistake. Her death was frequently mentioned, as Guy & Fire mourned her, and her spirit was seen on multiple occasions (she sacrifices herself yet again to stop Felix Faust once), as writers couldn't let her concept go.

-FINALLY, she was resurrected in more modern times, resurrected as a "Goddess" to gain some evil guy some power. She assaults the Birds of Prey and the Secret Six, but comes back to her senses when Deadshot kills the man controlling her. Unfortunately, she doesn't get up to much after that, as she has no major recurring book- she's just kinda "there" as a recognizable background figure, one of DC's rare mid-tier unaffiliated heroes (most are usually Sidekicks, Leaguers or Titans or something). She was then an on-and-off girlfriend of Gardner once again, as they had a strained relationship (Guy is usually forward and aggressive, and dislikes her closeness with Fire)- Guy was very direct in trying to start their relationship again, while Ice was quite hesitant and wanted more time- Guy would resent Fire, blaming her for Ice refusing to cohabitate on Oa.

-For powers, Tora is basically Iceman-Lite, and not overly powerful. However, she has been given single-story power-ups that make her essentially a Demigod from time to time. But usually she's like this.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 25, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Fire

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:36 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:46 am
Is she checking out a pinup of Polaris? While naked?
She's looking at her OWN pinup while naked. Cuz she's BRAZILIAN.
Ken

Re: Ice

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:48 pm-Tora is separate from Icemaiden, and I think she was created by mistake- somebody thought that Icemaiden's real name hadn't been given, and created the "Tora" name. When the truth was revealed, they just split the two characters up. Tora was the Princess of a lost tribe of magic-wielding Norsemen, and she accidentally killed her own father when her powers erupted- the results of this made her a shy and introverted person as a way to dissociate from the tragedy (this part was uncovered like a couple years ago- it wasn't always part of her origin). She joined the Global Guardians as the second Icemaiden (the original quit when a real "Ice-Tribe" person showed up), soon becoming pals with Green Flame, aka Fire.
Basically, yes.

Sigrid Nansen was the Icemaiden or Ice Maiden that E. Nelson Bridwell created for the Global Guardians. And she appeared regularly in the few Global Guardians stories that happened.

Then when Giffen and DeMattis decided they wanted women characters a) to replace Black Canary and b) weren't likely to have snatched away by other editors (like Black Canary was), they looked to the Global Guardians, and grabbed Green Flame and Ice Maiden.

Almost immediately. a few long time readers noticed that all of a sudden Ice Maiden was pink skinned, not blue.

Then came naming her Tora, and the new origin, and forgetting everything about Sigrid Nansen. AND then Mark Waid goofed. Ice was killed.

And one of the attempts to try to soften the blow was to reintroduce Sigrid Nansen. She went from being retconned out of existence because of one mistake, to retconned back in to try and soften another mistake.

But now she, Sigrid, was a lesbian.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
drkrash

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Martian Manhunter! Vibe! Gypsy! Fire & Ice!)

Post by drkrash »

Hey, Jab. I've been having a hard time catching up, so my comment is a little out of date.

I've been reading a lot of Golden Age supers rpg stuff as of late, as I want to write up some notes on my homebrew's Golden Age. This set of yours came at a great time and I've really enjoyed reading all this history (special thanks to Ken also in this regard). I actually don't like reading GA comics, but I love the revitalized "neo-GA" stuff from the 70s and later.

I also was never much of a fan of the JSA, as I used to think of them as the older, lamer cousin to the JLA. However, The CW's Stargirl actually reacquainted me with new versions of these characters and I came to appreciate them more.

Then your reviews of the early-aught JSA trades got me to start reading those and I'm loving them. I find their adventures to be a lot like the adventures a (good) supers RPG campaign would have and I think they're just great superhero team action (which is very, very hard to find in 2022).

So, thanks.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Icemaiden (Sigrid)

Post by Jabroniville »

ICEMAIDEN I (Sigrid Nansen)
Created By:
E. Nelson Bridwell & Ramona Fradon
First Appearance: Super Friends #9 (1977- out of continuity), Infinity, Inc. #32 (1986- canon)
Role: Ice Hero
Group Affiliations: The Justice League of America, The Global Guardians
PL 9 (122)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 3 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Ice) 3 (+9)

Advantages:
Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"*Insert Same Elsa Joke Here*" Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]
"Ice Armor" Protection 5 [5]

"Ice Bonds" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Ranged) (37) -- [47]
  • Dynamic AE: "Icicle Shot" Blast 8 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Multiattack) (25)
  • Dynamic AE: Environment 5 (500 feet) (Feats: Dynamic) (Cold 2, Impede Movement 2) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Slick" Affliction 9 (Strength or Agility; Hindered/Prone) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (10)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Slick" Affliction 9 (Strength or Agility; Hindered/Prone) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (10)
  • Dynamic AE: Create Ice & Snow Objects 8 (Feats: Dynamic, Innate, Precise) (Extras: Continuous) (27)
"Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" Summon Ice Minion 2 [4]

Offense:
Ice Bonds +9 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
Ice Area Effects +9 (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Icicle Shot+10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+8 Ice Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Prejudice (Bisexual)- Sigrid is into ladies as well as dudes- she's flirted with Nuklon and had a relationship with Olivia Reynolds (one of Hal Jordan's exes).

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 13 (122)

-Sigrid Nansen is the original "Icemaiden", having been given powers by the Norwegian government and her overbearing mother, a scientist who looked down on Sigrid for not being like her. Icemaiden thus joined The Global Guardians, but went unrecognized in-continuity until Roy Thomas used them for Infinity, Inc., where they were brainwashed by bad guys into serving with Injustice, Inc. Sigrid quit the team when a new Ice arrived, a member of the same tribe of ice-powered people that the Norwegian government's experiments were meant to imitate! Sigrid reemerged after Ice was killed, and joined the crappy, forgettable Justice League, which was notable mainly for being one of the only books at the time to deal with "gay stuff". As in, it turns out Sigrid is bisexual and wanted to make lady-babies with Fire! Also, Obsidian revealed that he was gay and had a crush on his teammate, Nuklon! Sigrid was badly-injured alongside the others by the White Martian attack that set off the beginning of the Grant Morrison Era of JLA.

-She ended up on the Justice League Europe team that got decimated by The Mist in the pages of Starman, but survived (Mist had lured her away and replaced her to infiltrate the JLE). This was the end of her in DC until Infinite Crisis (a LONG ways off), but she didn't really get up to much. She was FLAYED ALIVE by Delores Winters (a woman thought dead and replaced by the Ultra-Humanite), who wanted "alabaster" (Sigrid has had blue skin until this moment) skin to replace her wrinkled flesh. It was left unclear whether or not Sigrid survived- her "hydration chamber" had been cracked by story's end, and Delores went on to become a Batwoman threat until she was killed.

-Icemaiden is basically Ice Lite, using the same kinds of attacks. She eventually learned how to make Snow Minions, but it was a pretty bad version that was a new power. She can also utilize Ice Armor to toughen herself up.
Jabroniville

JSA Rundowns- Black Vengeance

Post by Jabroniville »

"JSA: Black Vengeance" (#66-75)- written by Geoff Johns, art by Dave Gibbons, Don Kramer, Leonard Kirk & Stephen Sadowski
JSA line-up: Sand, Wildcat I, Green Lantern I, Hawkgirl, Stargirl, The Flash I, Doctor Fate IV (absent), Dr. Mid-Nite III, Mr. Terrific II, Jakeem Thunder, Power Girl, Hourman II

-So after the 'loose-end tying' Trade, we get a name throwback to the prior event, Black Reign, and the same type of stuff being brought up. We start right off with Atom-Smasher & the Hawk-people killing the remnants of Muhunnad's loser squad. Why didn't he wash his hands when he picked up that picture- he got blood all over it!?! But in comes Rip Hunter, generic time-travelling dude, who teleports Al away, as he'd done with a couple other JSA members around this time.

-Bunch of stuff, with Stargirl emoting over Al leaving, and legacies and learning to be a hero and all that jazz, and we see the original JSA leave Congress, refusing to show their identities to the House of Un-American Activities, and the JSA gives up heroics.

-Courtney hangs out with her family, and we get some additional characterization of them since "Stars & STRIPE" ended (she's friendly with Pat now, and realizes Mike's an okay guy when he's not giving her a hard time). Why are they all blonde now- did the colourist just screw up? And BAM, we get EVENT TIME, as Degaton (no longer going by "Per Degaton" apparently) sends in his Red Morgue agents to kill her family! Pat gets one in the head! Mike & Courtney's mom are shot to death! Then they even KILL THE BABY IN IT'S HIGH-CHAIR! Boy, that Johns sure does love going for the horrific violence, don't he? He's all "NO, heroes shouldn't kill!" and then goes "oh, and here's some horrifically bloody death scenes involving children". It's like the sixties and the nineties got together and humped with his stuff.

-Stargirl's most badass moment EVER, as she BLOWS A GUY'S ARM OFF, then runs another guy through on the Cosmic Rod. About the most power she's ever actually shown, really. Rip Hunter The Time Master comes in too late to save them, but takes her into his Time Sphere thingie so they can change things.

-Poor Courtney meets the other 'future' JSAers and runs into Terrific's arms in tears over her family. The line-up is Stargirl, Mr. Terrific. Dr. Mid-Nite, Hourman, Jakeem, and... Atom-Smasher. Courtney is NOT impressed, suddenly being WAY angrier at him than she ever was in Kahndaq, especially when he says "Now you know how I felt" line. Oh, dick move, Atom-Smasher! Oh, and the Thunderbolt Pen won't work, because that would've solved everything. JESUS, Johns! Just DE-POWER the kid already if he's too powerful for you!

-Okay, the whole point is that Degaton is mucking up time so that the JSA never re-forms later, and it's up to the successors to convince the old guys to put the tights back on. Oh, and they can't get the old guard out because of time... stuff. Y'know. So everyone splits up and they're on their way.

-Stargirl meets Ted "Starman" Knight, in a mental institution because of guilt over creating the Atom Bomb. Michael chases after Mr. Terrific I, finding out his loser brother had a daughter by a woman named "Roulette" (this never really comes up again in JSA, just so you know). Al finds The Atom considering turning Hawkman & Hawkgirl over to the feds so that his family won't be targetted. And Jakeem meets Johnny Thunder, moping about because the JSA is gone. The two Doc Mid-Nite's talk casually (the first warns his girl that The Shadower escaped prison- this is a call-back to prior information that he murdered her). Sand reassures Wesley "Sandman I" Dodds that he never remembered a thing from his time as a sand-being (he's lying- oh, and nice to see Sand actually DOING SOMETHING for once).

-Shenanigans abound. Stargirl actually loses a fight to a doctor and some orderlies (sure, he used a needle, but COME ON...). Tiny bit on Black Adam joining Luthor's "Society". Hah, Roulette I mocks Mr. Terrific's outfit. That poor guy... he just never lived that green/red abomination down. Courtney gets sprung by a mystery woman! Degaton kills off some dude named Walker Gabriel! Then he captures the first Hourman!

-Terrific pounds on some Klansmen. Only in comics could a black guy in the past follow someone and end up meeting the Klan. Hourman I's about to die, but then Rick finds him, punching out Degaton (thanks to the Tachyons in his Hourglass- Degaton's normally insubstantial), who flees.

-The gang meets back up at JSA HQ, and now it's SAND's turn to give Al crap for turning his back on them. But then they show up on the White House lawn in full form (Hippolyta! Black Canary I! Wildcat! All the old guys!) just in time to meet Degaton's army, and it's FIGHT TIME. Turns out Deg's whole plan was to turn The Atom into a living bomb and blow up Washington. It's all narrated by Stargirl, of course.

-Rick's Hourglass helps him hurt Degaton, but he knows Al's the heaviest hitter out there, so hands it to HIM instead, letting him know that he still hates him. GIANT-SIZED punch to the bastard Nazi! HAH! Jesus, that's like the fourth time Atom-Smasher's saved the day by himself- someone get this guy his JSA M.V.P. trophy or something. Kobra, Extant, Degaton...

-The Mystery Woman who sprung Courtney is revealed to be a joking, happy Patricia Whitmore, aka Starwoman of the future, going back in time to help out. She lets Court know why the Thunderbolts aren't working- there's only one of them at any time, so both magic words had to be said at the same time. Oh, of course. So now they Deus ex machina The Atom out of his bomb loop thing. Just as Degaton's plan falls completely apart, Hawkgirl & Power Girl come in with Rip (boy, some character- he's just a means to an end here, isn't he?), and Degaton finally bails, his plan having fallen apart completely.

-Epilogue sees Power Girl get blasted in the Time Sphere by something, Al & Courtney having an uncomfortable moment as he grabs her during a shake-up, and Stars having a happy moment seeing her family alive and well. AWWWW.... The "Get OFF!" reaction from Mike to Courtney as she hugs him is TOTALLY accurate for families. And Degaton mopes in space, promising that the worst is yet to come.

-NEW STORY! Back at the Brownstone, the team talks about Atom-Smasher deciding to stay with them, rejecting Black Adam & Kahndaq after realizing what being a hero truly is back in time. GREAT character stuff from the team, as they openly debate the point. Rick apparently is still REALLY angry with him, much moreso than the rest of the team. He's breaking the table with his grip- did he take Miraclo for a MEETING? What's WRONG with this guy? Power Girl openly supports Al, while Green Lantern suggests he's on a dangerous road. Hawkgirl's for bringing him back, as are Terrific & Mid-Nite (though Michael debates the problems that would result from bringing him back on), and possibly Sand.

-So it looks like it's For: Terrific, Mid-Nite, Power Girl, Sand, Hawkgirl (vs) Against: Green Lantern, Hourman, Wildcat (guessing, since he still wasn't over it years later). Stargirl openly bitches about Al "backstabbing" them, but Jakeem seems on Al's side. That lets you know the voting results right there. Hey, where's The Flash? Nobody even mentions why he's not there.

-Crimson Avenger, my least favourite JSA-based character, returns, only to get her ass kicked by The Spectre. Oh, and ECLIPSO, who's back in a new body- Jean Loring's! So they did a great character moment by taking a normal supporting character and making her crazy, and then ruin it by putting her in tights and giving her powers? Nice work, DC. Oh, and apparently she & the Spectre are doing it, because he has no human host. God I hate Spectre stories- so boring and full of 'oh nobody can stop him, except villains can always somehow do it and make the whole story about 'freeing him'.).

-Hey, it's BILLY again! He's hanging out with Mary and complaining about being away from Stargirl. God, Billy looks like he's thirteen here- did he just NOT AGE with the rest of the DC Universe or something? Stuff is afoot, as Shazam sends him on a mission (is anyone else creeped out by an old man telling a young boy to "Speak my name!"?), and BLACK ADAM picks up Al at JSA headquarters, taking him back to Kahndaq to help them. And now Hawkman and Captain Marvel show up, and EVERYONE's going to Kahndaq!

-Spectre shows up to shove Hector & Lyta Hall into the Amulet! Boy, Johns wasted no time shuffling them away, didn't he? The Al/Adam stuff is much more interesting, as they re-debate just how heroic killing ass-tons of people is. And they end up facing against Spectre, who's now gigantic and threatening all of Kahndaq.

-GREAT moment aboard the Steel Eagle, as it's Power Girl of all people playing "Big Sister" and comforting lil' Courtney, who's now just openly hurt and shocked about Al taking off with Adam AGAIN, after she was sure he was ready to come around. PG is REALLY pro-Al, it seems, all "He's doing what he thinks is RIGHT." Marvel comes in all 'protective boyfriend'-ish, and Courtney tells him RIGHT the hell off. He tries again, and Power Girl gets my favourite character moment for her EVER in- "You heard the girl. Whatever it is, Big Red. I think you better save it." YOU TELL HIM, PG!

-Black Adam blows through Spectre's head, but the Magic Lightning is sucked out of him, Al saving his human body from falling. The JSA arrives, but instead of helping, Adam goes all dipshit and attacks them, brawling with Hawkman, Marvel & Power Girl, who suddenly loses her sight and starts blasting Heat Vision everywhere, as her whole 'what IS her origin, anyways?' thing comes up again.

-Jakeem clues in on using the Thunderbolt (I guess he figured a short teenage boy could help on his own and forgot he had a partner or something...) but Spectre's magic is too strong, and he fires the T-Bolt right back, sucking both he & Jakeem into the pen.

-Next issue is from Al's perspective, showing how he grew up as a picked-on dork who worshipped his godfather The Atom and the JSA. He talks about how Courtney looked up to HIM like he did to the JSA, and that's why looking her in the eyes is the worst. Al & Court wipe out Eclipso's walking statues (Alex & Soseh's, actually), but she takes care of them in a hurry. Hawkgirl runs a spear through her EYE, and then Adam snaps her neck to everyone's horror. Oh yeah, Carter, that's totally worse and more fatal than jamming a spear through her head.

-NOW, though, it's Atom-Smasher's turn to shine. He grows to GIGANTIC height, far above anything he's been at before, and starts WRESTLING THE SPECTRE. Now THAT is balls! Jean/Eclipso heals herself, blasts everyone, and teleports away for whatever reason, as Al finally cuts a deal, promising to let the Spectre judge HIM and let the rest of Kahndaq alone. Nice touch as you can make out Extant among the souls in Hell calling for Atom-Smasher. So Speccy reaches in, GRAB's Al's heart, and freezes it, dropping him flat, as Stargirl FREAKS.

-Mini-Flashback to Al & Adam discussing Kahndaq, showing Adam slowly wearing Al down.

-Stargirl reveals to Al that yes, he did get voted back into the JSA before he died, and then pretty much falls the hell apart in a scene that's uncomfortable to read for all the right reasons. The JSA come upon his lifeless body, and BLACK ADAM gets his defining moment as a character (in my opinion), as he just lets out all this rage and grief, calling out the Wizard's name to get the lightning to revive Al. All that "Brother" talk really gets to you, you know? Nice bit from Hawkman, as he tells Adam to stay "FAR away" from Atom-Smasher, as if the whole gang gets that this has been part of the problem all along- that Adam's twisted him to his will over time.

-The JSA flies Al off, and Adam contemplates stuff, now basically alone in his mission (Northwind doesn't count as a friend since he can't talk and his race are the jobbers of Kahndaq).

Roster Changes: Atom-Smasher gets voted back onto the team, but nearly dies. Dr. Fate IV & Fury get taken into the Amulet by the Spectre.

Review: Now THIS was more like it, after Lost's being relatively slow. The Time Travel bit was getting well and truly tired by this point from Johns, and it kind of hampered things, but it was nice to see the whole JSA back in the old days (that actually HADN'T been done yet, which is odd). Most of the best parts of that were the character bits, as everyone takes the time to bitch out Atom-Smasher, and Courtney emotes over and over again about that and her family. Black Vengeance was VERY good, though, and featured Al's triumphant return as a hero, having the sheer SACK to go up against The Spectre one-on-one, and then offer his life for the people of Kahndaq. The Al/Courtney scenes are almost always perfect for this book, whether or not you read romantic undertones between the two of them (I get a strong Colossus/Kitty vibe from them, others just see bro/sis stuff).

Best Moment: Al's death and Stargirl's reaction, followed by Black Adam's. It's rare that an anti-hero bad-ass gets to emote like THAT, but DAMN did they pull it off. His "Kahndaq NEEDS you... I...need..." and calling him "Brother" and all that, while SCREAMING at the top of his lungs to get the lightning to revive him... now THAT is good writing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri May 27, 2022 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

JSA- Mixed Signals

Post by Jabroniville »

"JSA: Mixed Signals" (#66-75)- written by Geoff Johns & Keith Champagne, art by David Lopez, Don Kramer, Jim Fern & Dale Eaglesham
JSA line-up: Sand, Wildcat I, Green Lantern I, Hawkgirl, Stargirl, The Flash I, Doctor Fate IV, Dr. Mid-Nite III, Mr. Terrific II, Jakeem Thunder (sucked into the pen), Power Girl, Hourman II, Atom-Smasher (voted back, kinda died, still alive now)

-So last Trade, Atom-Smasher died, Courtney nearly died of grief from it, Jakeem Thunder got tossed into his magic pen, and Dr. Fate & Lyta got sucked into Fate's Amulet. So stuff needs to be resolved.

-Al's trial takes place, and he immediately absolves the JSA of any wrongdoing, and pleads guilty to war crimes. Hey, it's Ma Hunkel again! Remember when she joined their staff, only to disappear for nearly every issue since? Stars is still confused over Al's actions, but acknowledges he's always tried to do right.

-Hey, it's Metamorpho and Fire, from that shitty JLA team! They bring PG the news of Blue Beetle's death. Johns gets a little jab in at Ice's pointless death (though even Mark Waid admits that one was stupid) via Fire's complaining. And it's an OMAC, just to tie things into Infinite Crisis (yeah, it's THAT time, now)! It bugs the JSA guys and gives them way more trouble than it should (didn't a billion of these things fail to do like ANY damage to the superhero community save chase the Amazons away?), until Al grows super-big and squashes it. Can I just say I hate the OMACs? Their stupid heads, their dumb 'robo-speak' dialogue (which NEVER looks cool, no matter how many writers use it), their lack of personalities. What terrible villains...

-One of my favourite moments ever, and one that REALLY, in my opinion, shows the true feelings Courtney Whitmore has for Albert Rothstein, as they air a TV interview over panels of Al looking at JSA group pics with her in them, and she says "What he did in Kahndaq will never be... but I do know... I'll be here for him when he gets out. And I'll wait as long as it takes." Some fans assume they only have a brother/sister relationship in the books, but COME ON. Between this and the future-marriage thing, they're practically hitting you over the head with it, unless it's a deliberate swerve (in which case, I SHALL KILL YOU GEOFF JOHNS). I don't think ANY sister says "I'll be here for him" over their brother. Al still kind of gives her pic the brotherly look, but hell, she's practically a baby in that pic, all gleefully swining off of Al's arm with her braces showing.

-Amanda Waller comes to chat with Al in his prison cell, leading to a REALLY tiny one-off in "52" where he leads a Suicide Squad against Adam (spoiler alert: he goes down easily to Adam in combat, but Osiris murders a man on live TV, which was the whole point apparently). And OH MY GOD, HOURMAN II appears in that early group pic of the JSA! Continuity Error! CONTINUITY ERROR!! I read comics good!

-More Infinite Crisis stuff! I guess that happens when your writer writes the damn thing. JSA also-ran Legacy Character Air Wave reappears, going crazy from interspacial communications. So the JSA gets his cousin Hal Jordan to help out (as he casually disposes of the Shaggy Man/General Eiling- a JLA-level threat, mind you- with a car to the back). Air Wave goes nuts again and the two GLs fly after him, and I'll be damned if this isn't the worst, most out-there JSA issue ever. Is this the Keith Champagne-written issue? None of the issues here have listings in the Trade. Long story short is that Air Wave joins Donna Troy's anti-Crisis people in space.

-The JSA shows up at Fate's tower, trying to figure out what's going on. So we see the Thunderbolt in the 5th Dimension with his two goofy-ass children, along with three other genie/wizards, fighting a war against what appears to be Jakeem Thunder gone crazy. Some other Imps show up and kill Mnky (oh I can already tell I'm gonna hate this one), then Rklz, a midget in a derby like Mxyzptlk. Peachy Pet is kidnapped, leaving her husband Shocko mad with rage.

-Other IC-stuff, as Shazam weakens himself fighting Mordru, so he's helpless before The Spectre. So both he & Cap are pretty much written out of the series by this point (why Cap's on the COVER of this Trade appears to just be a Ross-appeasement since he painted it).

-Hector & Lyta fight demons in a wintery Hell while Mordru, now freed by the Spectre, buggers off. The Dark Lord attacks the few JSAers not crossing the portal to the 5th Dimension (Wildcat, Flash, Mid-Nite, Sand & Fate's vestments). Yeah, after the third time, I'm just bored of the guy now.

-Turns out Jakeem went crazy when he got sent into the pen, and now has godlike powers, and Johnny Thunder is his captive. Stargirl shows up in a new outfit conjured by Imps, reflecting a future-look she showed in the Jack Knight Starman series.

-Mordru easily handles the JSA, but forgets Sand is free, and he gets a rare bad-ass moment since Goyer left, pummeling Captain Recurring Villain. And Jakeem easily beats the T-Bolt/Shocko/Stargirl/Terrific/Hourman team, despite a plan to hide the djinn in Terrific's mouth. Nabu activates Fate's vestments himself and combats Mordru! Boy, I'm just not caring about any of this. It's all 'off' in a way that's hard to describe.

-Saradin, the creepy wizard hanging out with the Anti-Jakeem side, stabs him through the back, casts a spell, and takes control of the Djinn Qwsp, last seen bugging the JLA and restarting the whole JSA concept in Grant Morrison's run. Seems that Qwsp was controlling Jakeem the entire time. Meanwhile, Hector dies in Hell, but Lyta remembers their son Daniel (the new Dream) promising them stuff, and so he comes in and takes them away to live forever in some other place.

-OK, break in reading for a sec- WHAT THE SHIT? THAT'S how you write out the character that was brought out in the foundation of the series?!? He comes in, does a constant search for his wife, FINALLY finds her casually in another story, then they both die and go somewhere else? And get this- it practically NEVER GETS MENTIONED AGAIN. Hawkman doesn't go "Holy crap, my son is dead!", Al doesn't mention his old buddy leaving, Terrific doesn't do a "hey, maybe we should figure out where the hell our teammate went", nothing. I guess Geoff Johns just REALLY disliked the idea, which I could gather from the fact that Fate's de-push coincided with Johns' taking over, the fact that he was curiously absent for half of all the JSA's missions, and the fact that his giant revival that added 20 members to the line-up DIDN'T include a Doctor Fate, but WOW. I'm not a big fan of magicians in comics either (guys who have "Every power ever" as a super-power tend to bug the CRAP out of me), but the character deserved more than that.

-BACK TO THE STORY: Saradin takes Qwsp and wanders off, promising they'll meet again. If they do, it ain't in THIS series (much like alot of what's going on here), and the heroes blitz off to fight Mordru with the others. Jakeem stabs him in the throat with the pen (OK, that was pretty cool), and has the T-Bolt send Mordru where nobody will ever have to see him again, and that's it for MORDRU as a villain. I guess Johnny Thunder is staying in the 5th Dimension or something too, because he's not with the JSA on the other side.

-New story: DALE EAGLESHAM makes his debut as a JLA penciller for a tiny bit, as it's ANOTHER "Stargirl-focus Issue". Dale draws the best Stargirl ever, easily. Not sexed-up, but an adorbz young teenage girl. Cute instead of sexy.

-Hey, it's Pat & Michael Dugan! And they have their proper red hair again! And Pat doesn't look like Jimmy Stewart anymore- he's all huge and greasy! We get an update on Courtney's origin story (bratty latchkey kid tries to split up mom & stepdad by stealing Converter Belt, accidentally learns responsibility).

-Mike: "Sometimes I wish YOU had died instead of mom." First off, WOW, that would've gotten ME an ass-kicking as a kid, let me tell you. And wait, his mom is dead? In "Stars & STRIPE", she was just off somewhere ignoring them. Actual mission time has the first Liberty Belle at her namesake landmark, but it's causing a massive Sonic distortion that's keeping the entire JSA away.

-Courtney saves the day by convincing Libby to just walk away, focusing on the mother/daughter relationship since her birth dad is such a deadbeat while STRIPE goes down AGAIN. Reading "Stars & STRIPE", you come away knowing that suit is the worst power-suit in comics history. Thing breaks EVERY ISSUE. Courtney looks oddly super-cutie-pie-like in that shot where she smiles and blood is splattered on her face. Weird.

-But bad news is afoot, since The Shade butts in to inform Courtney that her birth father has died during an Infinite Crisis storm in Opal City. Courtney doesn't understand why this upsets her, but breaks down in Pat's arms anyways. Pat lets her know that she cares because she's a good daughter. Sniff.

-Boy, Alex Ross draws the best versions of just about every super-hero ever, but does he EVER suck at drawing Courtney. Every picture, she looks all messed-up and weird. Women were never one of his strongest suits (he's good at just about EVERYTHING else), but young ones are even worse.

Roster Changes: Atom-Smasher breaks ties with the JSA. Doctor Fate & Fury die in Hell, leaving comics forever.

Review: Oh, boy. What a terrible Trade compared to the others, even Lost. Just... nothing seemed to be 'on' here. A random intercession with Air Wave & Green Lantern taking most of the focus? Stupid 5th Dimensional War with characters we've NEVER SEEN in this series before doing most of the fighting, and some random wizard dude solving it? Half the team brawling with Mordru for the THIRD time in 75 issues like it's the Silver Age when guys just keep showing up ALL THE TIME? This even lacked most of the character moments that defined the rest of the book's run, unless they involved Courtney in the lovely and brilliant last issue of the trade (and that bit at the beginning with Al in jail). Plus, nearly half the crap in here depends on you either being familiar with other 5th Dimensional beings, OMAC stuff, Identity Crisis, and the Infinite Crisis, which is the first time JSA continuity REALLY gets weirded up by the other things going on in the DC Universe, and it shows just how annoying it can be in a Trade format. Just a miserable mess.

The fact that the team drops Doctor Fate like it's nothing at this moment, as well as Atom-Smasher, after ALL his characterization and growth during the last 80-odd issues, vanishes from the book for YEARS at this point as well, just sticks in my craw. Also, the Al/Courtney thing just kinda vanishes after this point as well, as it practically seems as PLAIN AS DAY that she's in love with him, but they cut right into other stuff later and it just doesn't get brought up again PERIOD, which, as a fan of relationships between heroes in comics & other media, REALLY bugs me.

Best Moment: When Courtney says "I'll be here for him. No matter how long it takes", but that's just the Al/Courtney shipper in me, and I inundate enough forums with my rants on that as it is :) (Ares says she should be with Billy, half of the DC Boards does as well, and CBR is half & half over them being brother/sister or Courtney loving him). The moment when Courtney starts to cry after discovering her birth father is dead is a really special little moment as well, and sticks out like a beacon amidst all this crap.
Ken

Re: Icemaiden (Sigrid)

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:07 am ICEMAIDEN I (Sigrid Nansen)

-Sigrid Nansen is the original "Icemaiden", having been given powers by the Norwegian government and her overbearing mother, a scientist who looked down on Sigrid for not being like her. Icemaiden thus joined The Global Guardians, but went unrecognized in-continuity until Roy Thomas used them for Infinity, Inc., where they were brainwashed by bad guys into serving with Injustice, Inc.
The Global Guardians, of course debuted in Super Friends #7-9. Basically, ENB's answer to Samurai and Apache Chief.

The Global Guardians team had there first recognised as canon appearance in DC Comics Presents #46, but only a fraction of the team (Doctor Mist, Green Fury, Jack O'Lantern, Little Mermaid, Olympian , Rising Sun, and Seraph) were in attendance. The entire team was acknowledged as part of the Earth-One universe in the 9th issue of the first edition of Who's Who. They were acknowledged as being a part of the post-Crisis universe in The History of the DC Universe #2, but that did technically come out after Infinity Inc. #32.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:41 pm Hey, Jab. I've been having a hard time catching up, so my comment is a little out of date.

I've been reading a lot of Golden Age supers rpg stuff as of late, as I want to write up some notes on my homebrew's Golden Age. This set of yours came at a great time and I've really enjoyed reading all this history (special thanks to Ken also in this regard). I actually don't like reading GA comics, but I love the revitalized "neo-GA" stuff from the 70s and later.

I also was never much of a fan of the JSA, as I used to think of them as the older, lamer cousin to the JLA. However, The CW's Stargirl actually reacquainted me with new versions of these characters and I came to appreciate them more.

Then your reviews of the early-aught JSA trades got me to start reading those and I'm loving them. I find their adventures to be a lot like the adventures a (good) supers RPG campaign would have and I think they're just great superhero team action (which is very, very hard to find in 2022).

So, thanks.
Awesome! I'm glad you're into it, especially since I keep forgetting to re-post the damn Rundowns :). Always nice to show people one of the greatest superhero books ever (I was gonna say 30+ years, but I am old and that's actually only going back to the '90s and not saying as much, lol).

I'm similar in that I don't care for Golden Age comics. The often ugly art and short, hokey stories don't impress me. But I find them somewhat interesting to read about, especially finding out who were long-runners and who disappeared.

I'm glad you're following along and feel bad you fall behind, lol. Every time I ask others if I'm posting too fast I don't get any responses so I'm never sure how much is TOO much. To be honest, I'm running up on posting every major hero in both companies, possibly finishing that this year, so slowing it down might be a GOOD thing!
Jabroniville

General Glory (Joseph A. Jones)

Post by Jabroniville »

GENERAL GLORY I (Joseph Aloysius Jones)
Created By:
Keith Giffen & J.M. DeMatteis
First Appearance: Justice League International #46 (Jan. 1991)
Role: Captain America Parody
Group Affiliations: The Justice League International
PL 9 (90)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Military) 4 (+6)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Glorious Toughness" Impervious Toughness 3 [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +10 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Obsession (Patriot)- General Glory is so patriotic that he's blinded to any of America's faults, and he actively refuses to believe that America could get up to anything dark. He often eschews combat in favor of lecturing his opponents about American Values, to the point where they ignore his teammates and attack Glory instead.
Involuntary Transformation (Old Man)- General Glory is sometimes transformed into an elderly man- his true age.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 8 (90)

-General Glory is another Giffen Goof (I swear I have the exact opposite sense of humor of that guy- I just find NOTHING he's created amusing. Just NOTHING.), this one a parody of Captain America, leading him to be a blindingly-patriotic numbnuts. He's a World War II soldier who gained powers from Lady Liberty herself when he prayed for more power, gained a goofy sidekick (Ernie the Battling Boy), and more. He ended up losing his identity in the past, and after reading a fictionalized account of his adventures in an old comic book, realized once again that he WAS General Glory, going on to join the Justice League International. His sidekick was murdered defending him from his old boss, Agent Sharp, who was framing Glory and wanted him dead. Glory & the JLI brought him to justice and Glory joined the team fully (Maxwell Lord figured that a genuine Golden Ager would help the team with their image).

-At one point, Glory got re-aged to an old man, and gave his powers to Donovan Wallace, a paralyzed policeman. Wallace wanted to return the powers to an ailing Jones, but Jones insisted on letting Wallace keep them- he then passed away. Donovan and everyone in attendance at a wedding were later murdered by the agents of Vandal Savage's Fourth Reich.

-General Glory is strong enough to pick up and throw Tanks around, but generally fights very little, being too much of a goof. The second Glory, Wallace, could Fly using golden wings and used a returning Throwing Star.
Jabroniville

General Glory (David Wallace)

Post by Jabroniville »

GENERAL GLORY II (David Wallace)
Created By:
Paul Kupperberg
First Appearance: Justice League Quarterly #16 (Autumn 1994)
Role: Captain America Parody, Legacy Character
Group Affiliations: The NYPD

-When the original General Glory had been transformed back to his elderly self somehow, he was hospitalized and placed next to New York policeman Donovan Wallace, who'd been paralyzed in the line of duty. Inspired by tales Jones was telling him, Wallace began to see himself as the same spirit of glory, and was able to tap into the same energies that empowered the original. Becoming General Glory II, he gained great strength & agility, wings & throwing razors- he defeated the gangs that had crippled him, but returned to try and save the original, who was dying. Jones, however, saw the potential in Wallace and told him to keep them, dying. However, Wallace is not used again- JSA #3 in the 2000s reveals that he is one of many patriotic-themed heroes murdered by the Fourth Reich, Nazi-themed villains working for Vandal Savage (who wants to cripple the JSA's legacies). He and everyone in attendance at his wedding was dismembered by the villains.
Sidious

Re: Ice

Post by Sidious »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:48 pm Image
And from the WTF file, we have Ice in the Human Target getting it on with him and KILLING Guy.
Froze his head through and the Human Target punched him, breaking the ice skull.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-killed ... y-gardner/
Jabroniville

The Wonder Twins

Post by Jabroniville »

THE WONDER TWINS
Created By:
Norman Maurer
First Appearance: The All-New Super Friends Hour (Sept. 10, 1977- TV), Extreme Justice #9 (Oct. 1995)
Role: Goofy Kid Sidekicks
Group Affiliations: The Super-Friends (TV), The Justice League of America (Comics)

ZAN
PL 9 (143)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Alien Lore) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Technology 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Form Of..." Shapeshift 15 (Flaws: Limited to Things Made of Water, Ice or Water Vapor; Requires Physical Contact With Jayna) [90]
Sample Forms: Jet Engine Made of Ice (swear to god), Ice Cage, Ice Golem, Ice Giant, Ice Stilts, Liquid Nitrogen, Blizzard, Monsoon

Senses 1 (Communication Link- Other Twin) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Ice Stuff +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Jayna)

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 92 / Defenses: 10 (143)

JAYNA
PL 9 (137)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Alien Lore) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Technology 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Shape Of..." Shapeshift 12 (Flaws: Requires Physical Contact With Zan) [84]
Sample Forms: Ant, Whale, Bird, Griffon, Dragon

Senses 1 (Communication Link- Other Twin) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Animal Powers +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Zan)

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 85 / Defenses: 10 (137)

-Zan & Jayna were created for the infamous Hanna Barbera Super Friends series as Teen Sidekicks for the superheroes, replacing Wendy and Marvin, the powerless teen duo. They were pretty much designed for being the kids that the kids at home identified with (though I recall as a kid that I rarely cared too much about the Teen Sidekicks, figuring they were dorks). Zan was supposed to have Plastic Man powers, and Jayna could transform into anything, but they were scaled back to avoid making the BIG-name heroes seem superfluous. The Twins' personalities were based off of Donnie & Marie Osmond, who were incredibly popular at the time.

-Initially very prominently-featured (at the expense of the other heroes), the later seasons of the show (this was back when cartoons would change their name every season, but stay pretty much the same) featured them being marginalized in favor of newbies like Firestorm & Cyborg. They appeared in a Super Friends comic in 1977, but it was out of main continuity. Eventually, the twins came to be iconic of how silly the old H-B shows were, which of course was used for irony when they showed up in DCU official continuity in EXTREME JUSTICE of all places. Unfortunately, the writer (who LOVED the Twins) was taken off the book the next isue, and they were used sparingly thereafter, quickly falling into Comic Book Limbo.

-The Twins basically vanish but for a few appearances in crossovers until a Young Justice storyline by Peter David. And it's pretty much back to Comics Limbo for the two of them after that, but for the occasional bring-back., usually a one-shot. DC has a bit of a love/hate relationship with them, as it seems they'd rather just... FORGET that Super Friends ever happened. I couldn't really tell you anything about the series that SeanBaby didn't already say in his ages-old website (one of the first and best internet comedy sites), but let's just say that IT WAS AWFUL, but in a totally entertaining way. Idiotic plotlines, bad animation, silly heroes, etc.- it permanently made Aquaman out to be a sissy, and the imbecilic activities of the Twins made it even better. In one episode, swear to God, the Twins have to cross flowing lava, and Zan takes the form of ICE STILTS to let Jayna move them both through it. ICE STILTS. Through LAVA.. Like... what the HELLING HELL?? Thank God they actually pointed out the flaw in his plan, but only once they acted all shocked by the inevitable results ("Oh no! The heat from the lava is melting the ice!").

-The Wonder Twins are very powerful due to their advanced Shapeshifting in the comics, at least compared to their useless Super Friends versions, that could barely fight their way out of a wet paper bag. PL 9 with high-end Shapeshifting (enough to allow for Dragons, Griffins, Frost Giants, and other very-powerful forms). With some experience, they'd be highly-dangerous. For stats of Gleek, who to my knowledge has never appeared in the comics, just make a slightly-smarter version of my Monkey build, only with the ability to make a bucket appear at-will (for carrying Zan in his water-form).

GLEEK
Role:
Animal Sidekick
PL 5 (72)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 5 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Insight 3 (+4)
Perception 5 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Evasion, Fast Grab

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Simian Anatomy" Enhanced Athletics 8 (+10) (Flaws: Limited to Climbing) [2]
"Tail" Extra Limbs 1 [1]
Elongation 1 (15 feet) (Flaws: Limited to Tail) [0.5]
Speed 1 (2 mph) [1]
Leaping 1 (15 Feet) [1]

"Summon Bucket" Create 1 (Feats: Subtle) (Flaws: Limited to Buckets) [2]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength & Speed, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

Offense:
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Monkeys cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 29--14.5 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 19.5 / Defenses: 4 (72)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jayna: Robin, I just caught Zan spanking the monkey.
Robin: Holy corporeal punishment!! Has Gleek been misbehaving that badly.
Jayna: Who said anything about Gleek?