Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Chainsaw

Post by Jabroniville »

CHAINSAW
Role:
Flying Demon-Bird, Sub-Boss
PL 8 (78)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 9 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Evasion, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 2, Improved Initiative

BloodStorm Fighting Style:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (Block), Extraordinary Effort (Death Move), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Power Attack (Death Moves), Quick Draw

Powers:
Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]
Immunity 5 (Dismemberment-Based Moves) [5]
"Teeth & Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Natural Weapons +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Weakness (Predictability)- These fighters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 + 9 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 12 (78)

-Okay, Chainsaw is somewhat interesting. You see this flying bird-monster things (looking like more skeletal Rhamphorhynchuses- extinct pterosaurs) flying about in one stage, and somehow before Nekron you actually fight one of them! This makes him a Sub-Boss but a rarity (I can't find much about him online- even the GameFAQs page that lists every other secret character misses him). Chainsaw can fly omnidirectionally, but appears to have no Special Moves. You also can't dismember him like you can other fighters. I really dig the roar he has, though- it's just so inhuman and with a booming echo unlike anything in the animal kingdom.

-Chainsaw is PL 8 like the other fighters, but both offensively and defensively, making up for his lack of Special Moves.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (BloodStorm- All Secret Characters! Sin!)

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:58 pm I would be curious to see a modern version of this game. However, I suspect that a lot of the excess of the game would not be permitted today.
I dunno, a fairly recent Mortal Kombat game was bloody and disturbing beyond measure. Honestly more "Hey, LOOKIT THIS GORE!" than anything even in BloodStorm.
drkrash

Re: Jab’s Builds! (BloodStorm- All Secret Characters! Sin!)

Post by drkrash »

Yeah, true, but I was actually thinking about the female character designs and the screenshot up above that proclaims, "Catfight!"
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Nekron

Post by Jabroniville »

NEKRON
Role:
Final Boss, Skeleton Wearing Voltron's Pants
PL 9 (157)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+9)
Insight 5 (+9)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Perception 6 (+10)
Technology 4 (+9)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Big Bullets), Improved Critical (Sunder), Inventor, Ranged Attack 10, Startle, Takedown

BloodStorm Fighting Style:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (Block), Extraordinary Effort (Death Move), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Power Attack (Death Moves), Quick Draw

Powers:
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]

"Mace-Shaped Gauntlet" (Flaws: Removable) [13]
"Sunder" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Multiattack 8) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 8 (Toughness; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (14) -- (16 points)
  • AE: "Big Bullets" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Reduced Defenses -2, Diminished Range -1) (13)
  • AE: "Gauntlet Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Big Bullets +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Sunder +10 (+6 Damage & Affliction, DC 20 & 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Finding an Exit)- Golem was constructed to find his way through the tunnels beneath Nekron's lair, allowing him to return home again.
Weakness (Predictability)- These fighters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 15 + 9 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 15 (157)

-Nekron is truly massive, and also kinda funny- some ebon-looking undead guy wearing pants that look like Voltron's lower body. He hails from a hidden land cloaked by "dark elemental force", and is the Final Boss of BloodStorm. He is actually the man who, centuries ago, created the "Mega Bomb" that ended the Mega Wars of the 30th Century- a scientist, he had made his final adjustments when a bombing run hit his lab, setting off the Mega Bomb and causing so much destruction that the human race was nearly destroyed, leaving us with the scattered provinces we have today. The "techno-elemental forces" transformed him into this ageless warrior, and trapped him in a pocket dimension for centuries.

-From this prison, he took over a planet full of demons and created specialized agents, fomenting distrust back on Earth. He created the BloodStorm Tournament so the various provincial leaders would wipe each other out, leaving it ripe for the picking. He will then teleport the winner to his own chamber, where he will kill them and use their body as a gateway back to Earth.

-Nekron is very powerful, sporting PL 9 offense and PL 8.5 defense.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (BloodStorm- Sin! Chainsaw! Nekron!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And that's in for BloodStorm builds! I'm always a bit hesitant to dive in to the obscure fighters- with Time Killers, there's a tiny cast and most people have at least HEARD of the game and are aware of its "chop off limbs" nature. BloodStorm is not famous at all, and so it struggles... and the roster is HUGE, as they doubled its size with these "Secret Characters" and head-swaps, so I'm stuck posting it for several days!

And I mean, *I* have fun doing it, but I worry people just ignore them or get bored, ya know? There's not a lot to say about "Head Swap #57" sometimes. And my massive backlog & to-do lists of "Fighting Game Sets" always make me hesitant. Especially as there's a lot of Ronin Army builds I still need to transfer over here.

So next up... it's a set of builds inspired by Skavenger trying to find characters I haven't done yet- it's mostly X-23 side characters, it turns out.
Jabroniville

Outlaw (Inez Temple)

Post by Jabroniville »

OUTLAW II (Inez Temple)
Created By:
Gail Simone
First Appearance: Deadpool #65 (May 2002)
Role: Mercenary, Gail Simone Pet Project
PL 8 (110)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Mercenary) 7 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Guns +5, Lasso- Snare +5), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Enhanced Physicality"
Regeneration 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Guns +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Inez is a mercenary.
Relationship (Whoever Simone is Writing)- Inez tends to date whomever Gail is currently writing- she flirts with Deadpool and dated Agent X for a time.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 9 (110)

Outlaw- Deadpool Side Character & Gail Simone "Pet Project":
-The second Outlaw (the first is an ancillary Punisher character) is a very "Gail Simone" kind of character- a low-powered human female with an old-timey gimmick and a smart-assed attitude. A side character in Gail's Deadpool run, she is a mutant with low-level super-strength and healing. She was bullied as a child, called "Crazy Inez", but was taught not to use her strength against them by her father- both are descended from the Wild West hero, Lance "The Outlaw Kid" Temple.

-Inez grew up to be a mercenary, and engaged in a flirtatious relationship with rival merc Deadpool. Then of course Gail started work on Agent X and OF COURSE she moved her new character over there, trying to give her a spot. She was hired to teach Agent X to shoot and they formed a relationship, but both were handily defeated and humiliated by the Punisher when they were hired to steal his guns. Agent X planned on having her join him for his "Agency X", but she broke his heart by moving back to Texas to care for her ailing father. When her father died, she returned, but was enraged to find Agent X had since slept with his secretary, and she nearly killed the villain Black Swan (who was attacking Agent X at the time) for calling her the old "Crazy Inez" name. Ultimately, she & Agent X get back together, and the secretary hooks up with the Taskmaster as Agent X ends... and she disappears, because of course Gail moves to DC full-time.

Post-Agent X Outlaw:
-Outlaw actually retains her mutant powers after M-Day, and is one of the random backgrounders of the "198", bunking with Magma & Skids, where they are minor characters shown as part of the "Random Un-Used Mutants" making up much of the remaining powered ones. Outlaw at least takes a bit of a leadership role when Johnny Dee attacks using mind control. Later, Outlaw returns to Deadpool, where she and the secretary are kidnapped by T-Ray, a madman who thinks he's the real Wade Wilson. So yes, the new writers remembered her. Outlaw works for Agent X again (he's now been made obese via HYDRA's experiments I guess?) and becomes a recurring Wade ally. She even sleeps with Wade after breaking up with Agent X, realizing that he actually cared for her. Buuuuuuuuuuuut then new Deadpool writers took over and she was forgotten about- she was one of many random backgrounders on Utopia. But then WOULDN'T YA KNOW IT, Outlaw randomly appears in the short-lived 2018 Domino series by... are you sitting down for this?... GAIL SIMONE. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor, lol. In any case, she joins the "Girl Posse" (along with Diamondback) because of course with Simone writing a bunch of disparate female characters, they would become lifelong friends seconds after meeting.

-Ultimately, Outlaw is just "One of THOSE Characters"- the vast assortment of short-lived or little-used gimmick characters who have popped up like termites since the 1990s, as countless superhero books hit the market with a variety of writers, most of whom invent a character or two like this who show up, then either follow their "Daddy/Mommy" to new books, or get forgotten/randomly used thereafter. Outlaw seems to have gone through a couple "Eras"- her debut as a Deadpool rival/flirt, showing up in Gail's Agent X, then as a "Token Mutant Backgrounder" who is free and doesn't have an overwhelming backstory. Then there's another random bit where she's a Wade Girlfriend for however long. There must be a hundred characters like this, all waiting for that "One Big Story" that never came.

Outlaw's Abilities:
-Outlaw is very typical of the mutant characters of the 1990s, despite being a 2002 creation- "Vague Super-Physicality" is about all she gets. Like... she's super-strong but who knows HOW much, as it's not really said. She can punch through brick walls and that's about it- much of the Deadpool cast (even Wade himself) had this kind of "Yeah, maybe however much is needed but not more than Spider-Man" kind of strength. She has been shot without dying, but usually takes some bruising. Overall, she's a PL 7.5 sort of character- her bio indicates no big wins at all, and a lot of jobbing to guys like the Punisher.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Nekron

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm Image
Guy looks like he cut one of the Mazinger robots in half and is wearing the bottom half as pants.

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (BloodStorm- Sin, Chainsaw & Nekron! Outlaw!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh yeah- I said Voltron, but his other leg was a yellow lion, lol.
Jabroniville

The Craptacular B-Sides

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CRAPTACULAR B-SIDES
Created By:
Brian David-Marshall & Bret Weldele
First Appearance: The Craptacular B-Sides #1 (Nov. 2002)
Role: Lazy Teens, Joke Heroes

-The Craptacular B-Sides is a book I've never heard of, released by Marvel in 2002- Spectrum specifically requested it (I offered him a reward for all his hard work making that list of Un-Statted Marvel Characters a while back that I referred to as "The List" for years), so if these builds cause you pain, blame him :P. They're three disenfranchised youths approached by a man named Charley Huckle, who promises to make them "the hottest new superhero team since the New Warriors", but is actually just out to make a buck. First up, they try to capture his LAST project, now named Doctor Dark, but the Fantastic Four intervenes and stops him. They stop a minor Kree/Skrull War from breaking out in issue two (again, the FF is involved), and in the third, the team splits up- Mister Fantastic having arranged for Jughandle's dangerous powers to be negated. They've never reappeared, and their creator's resume is incredibly-small for a comic book writer- I don't imagine the book was very successful.

-The entire group stat up more or less as bystanders with deliberately-lame powers, so they don't have high PLs or anything else really going for them.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Jughandle

Post by Jabroniville »

JUGHANDLE (Jesse Metuchen)
Created By:
Role: Lazy Teen, Joke Hero, Time Traveller
Group Affiliation: The Craptacular B-Sides
PL 2 (21)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Step Sidways in Time" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) Linked to Insubstantial 4 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) [42]

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +1, Fortitude +1, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Becoming Super-Heroes)- Sort of. They agree to join Charley Huckle in his attempt to make them so, at least.
Responsibility (Disenfranchised)- Typical kids, the B-Sides don't have much going on.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 4 (63)

-The son of the mayor of their hometown (Raven's Perch), Jughandle can "step sideways in time", allowing everyone to be invisible and intangible. However, his powers are creating small holes in the timestream, and so Mister Fantastic has him de-powered by tricking him into accepting a drink that rearranges his molecular structure.
Skavenger

Re: Outlaw (Inez Temple)

Post by Skavenger »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:37 am Image
I'll admit, I have a soft spot for Outlaw. Not (just) because of the looks, but because it's fun to see a character written who just enjoys what they're doing. There's a moment in the Hotshots book where she's temporarily infused with a fragment of power from the Celestials, and Domino points out they're safe because "All she wants is to get in fights, get drunk and get laid," which is what keeps her from trying to use her power to, y'know, take over the world or rewrite reality or anything like that.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Craptacular B-Sides

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:52 am Image

THE CRAPTACULAR B-SIDES
Created By:
The art makes me think of "The Maxx" and the premise sounds like some kind of drugged out Euro-writer somehow got the pitch he made on a lark past editorial, and was just as surprised as anyone that it got published.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: The Craptacular B-Sides

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:30 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:52 am
THE CRAPTACULAR B-SIDES
Created By:
The art makes me think of "The Maxx" and the premise sounds like some kind of drugged out Euro-writer somehow got the pitch he made on a lark past editorial, and was just as surprised as anyone that it got published.
Good eye- it was indeed Sam "Maxx" Keith on the cover duties, lol.
Jabroniville

Mize

Post by Jabroniville »

MIZE (Stuart Welles)
Created By:
Role: Lazy Teen, Joke Hero, Object-Destroyer
PL 8 (55)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 1

Skills:
Deception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Decay Matter" Weaken Toughness 8 (Extras: Affects Objects, Progressive +2) (32) -- [34]
  • AE: "Break Down Relationships" Affliction 8 (Will; Controlled) (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2) (Flaws: Limited to Final Degree, Limited to Bad Luck/Losing/Breaking Up, Uncontrolled) (4)
  • AE: Luck Control 1 (Negate Others' Luck) (5)
Offense:
Break Down Relationships -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Decay Matter +3 (+8 Weaken, DC 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:

Complications:
Motivation (Becoming Super-Heroes)- Sort of. They agree to join Charley Huckle in his attempt to make them so, at least.
Responsibility (Disenfranchised)- Typical kids, the B-Sides don't have much going on.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 4 (55)

-His name short for "Demise", Mize can accelerate the decay of systems, thus breaking down machinery and life forms alike. He even caused his home team's winning streak to end, and can destroy others' relationships. I figure that for either/both Luck Control and an Affliction that makes people suck. He has little control over his powers, and often breaks things down by touching them.
Jabroniville

Fateball

Post by Jabroniville »

FATEBALL (Laura Broadbahr)
Created By:
Role: Lazy Teen, Joke Hero, Time Traveller
PL 2 (43)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 1

Skills:
Deception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Trip

Powers:
"Magic Fateball" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [2]
Senses 4 (Precognition) (Flaws: Limited to Yes or No Answers) (2 points)

Offense:
Initiative +1

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 4 (43)

-A good hand-to-hand fighter who loves to fight dirty, Fateball carries around a "Magic Fateball" that can tell the future in Yes or No answers.