Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: Kulan Gath

Post by Goldar »

Sidious wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:01 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:43 pm Image
The Unofficial Marvel Project even has an adventure set in Gath's Manhattan.
It's a good adventure for the Classic Marvel FASERIP game.
I would love to check that out since I love the Marvel FASERIP game stats.

I also wonder if it is updated, since all of the FASERIP are now long outdated?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:05 pm

There are some netbooks that cover the 2015 Secret Wars, so it's somewhat updated. See for yourself what they have to offer. The Kulan Gath adventure is "An Age Undreamed Of".
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Davies wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:38 pm

There are some netbooks that cover the 2015 Secret Wars, so it's somewhat updated. See for yourself what they have to offer. The Kulan Gath adventure is "An Age Undreamed Of".
Thank you so much, Davies!
Jabroniville

Arabian Magic

Post by Jabroniville »

ARABIAN MAGIC:
Game Type: Side-Scrolling Beat 'Em Up
Release Date: 1992
Developer: Taito

-Arabian Magic is an obscure Hack & Slash Beat 'Em Up by Taito, way back when that was one of the most common things seen at the arcades. Differentiating it was the Arabian theme- characters wear turbans and use Middle Eastern weapons. Through seven stages, you fight enemies and Stage Bosses, each of whom drops a jewel that forms the "Jewel of Seven Colors". You can summon a Genie during the course of the game, and defeated Stage Bosses will join your side, summoned the same way. Unlike many other games in the genre, you can boost some stats like in an RPG, such as your health.

The game is set in the mythical world of The Arabian Nights- the Evil One plagues the kingdom of Shahariyard, and the king has been transformed into a monkey. A group of heroes must find the Jewel and release the evil hex. You can play Prince Rassid, Princess Lisa, Sinbad and Afshaal. Every character wears baggy pants and is shirtless- there's a big guy, a fat guy, a regular guy and a princess who is of course in "Harem Girl" clothing. The graphics are very unimpressive- you can definitely tell that Capcom didn't make this one, as the characters are small and not very detailed. Stages are somewhat standard to the genre, but there's efforts to be unique- standard temples and "rising platform" stages give way to a "Magic Carpets" stage and one where you're shrunken after eating poisoned apples and forced to fight on a table full of food and inside a magic lamp. Enemies are usually scimitar-wielding goons, but there's Dark Wizards (who shoot energy), Harem Girls, Skeletons, Piranhas at one point, and stuff like that.

The Stage Bosses are quite enormous, but also kinda digitized and blurry- the giant Arabic guy Mumukinsula wields twin scimitars. Asura is a giant two-headed purple monster of a man. The Great Roc is a gigantic bird fought on a stage of flying carpets where you just gotta spam all your attacks endlessly. Kanjiji is a floating Yogi with extendable limbs. The Doppelgangers are a quartet of pallette swaps of your team, in ashy monochromatic colors. King Kraken is a giant squid with four tentacles you can knock off. The Final Boss is Baruantess, an evil green-skinned wizard with a scimitar- he'll remove over half your lifebar with a single Blast, summons a Kilin-like creature as a mount, then makes four of himself to fight you simultaneously- this is a quarter-muncher for sure.

The power-ups are quite different from Capcom and TMNT games- you have an Hourglass that will freeze every enemy on-screen for 4 seconds, a Water Pitcher increases your speed for 4 seconds, a Blue Book that kills every enemy on-screen, a Blue Power Orb that increases attack power, a Red Power Orb that gives you a fire wave attack, and a Cream Power Orb that will give you lightning attakcs. The Orbs last for five attacks each. The Genie Lamp can be picked up and stored- unleashing it summons the Djinn- you are temporarily invulnerable and the Djinn will either swipe enemies or blow them away with a gust of wind. Three other enemies can be summoned this way- Asura will swipe with swords, Kanjiji will attack with his elongated arms and drain energy, and the Doppelgangers summons four doppelgangers of your heroes to attack enemies.

The game mostly came and went, and received no sequel. It's appeared on some Taito collections since, but that's it.
Jabroniville

Prince Rassid

Post by Jabroniville »

PRINCE RASSID
Role:
Swordfighter, The Speedster
PL 8 (104)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+7)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Close Attack 1, Equipment 1 (Sword +3), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Saving the King)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 19 (104)

-Prince Rassid is the fastest character, with basic attack power and endurance. He wields a scimitar, and has no special attacks, making him possibly the best guy on the battlefield with regular stuff, but more limited than the other fighters.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Just a head's up, when I clicked on that one specifically it came up a 404 error. Although there are some other interesting things to be found there.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Davies

Post by Davies »

Tattooedman wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:11 pm

Just a head's up, when I clicked on that one specifically it came up a 404 error. Although there are some other interesting things to be found there.
Rats. Sorry, Goldar.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Lindsay McCabe! Daddy Longlegs! Lee Forrester! Super-Adaptoid!)

Post by Jabroniville »

The builds for Arabian Magic and the builds after that, Warriors of Fate, stem from the same source: I was at the Edmonton Convention Center for I believe the fair, or possibly Comic Expo, and one of those "5 billion games on one arcade cabinet" machines had at least the latter, and possible both, when I was scrolling through. I made mental note of them, or wrote them down on the Discord so I could check them later, and figured I'd build them some day. As this was in the pre-COVID era, I obviously took my sweet time with them- pretty normal for these sets (I had ClayFighter planned for at LEAST five years before I did them, and Shining Force & Fire Emblem were planned ages ago, and posted years apart, as well).

I just kinda was mind-blown at the existence of some very distinctive, themed Beat 'Em Ups I'd literally never heard of, thus allowing me to complete my "Video Games" set a bit more.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Davies wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:27 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:11 pm

Rats. Sorry, Goldar.
Yeah rats, but no worries my friend.
Jabroniville

Sinbad

Post by Jabroniville »

SINBAD
Role:
Swordfighter, Stronger Guy
PL 8 (106)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Traveller) 8 (+9)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Equipment 1 (Sword +3), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Powers:
"Fiery Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Sword +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Fiery Sword +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 16 (106)

-The darker-skinned Sinbad is the most muscular of the characters, and also wields a scimitar like Rassid. He has above-average health and power, but sub-average speed. He can charge his sword to do even more damage with a flaming attack.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Sidious wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:01 pm
The Unofficial Marvel Project even has an adventure set in Gath's Manhattan.
It's a good adventure for the Classic Marvel FASERIP game.

Here's a link to the adventure itself.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xQDd0d ... share_link

And here's a link to the Unofficial Canon Project on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MSHUCP/ ... 5622086095
FuzzyBoots

Re: Gypsy Moth

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:59 amGYPSY MOTH

Her next appearance is of course as Skein, as she joins The Menagerie (along with Hippo, White Rabbit & Panda-Mania, whom I obviously must now stat)... but then she shows up allied with Baron Zemo in Secret Empire, calling herself Gypsy Moth again. Oh, comics.
Just noting a lack of "Panda-Mania" in the thread although the info online seems to come down to "some level of super strength".
Jabroniville

Afshaal

Post by Jabroniville »

AFSHAAL
Role:
The Big Guy
PL 8 (105)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+7)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Equipment 1 (Giant Flail +3- Reach), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Powers:
"Rolling Tackle" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Leaping 1 (15 feet) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Rolling Tackle +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Flail +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 13 (105)

-Afshaal is a big fat guy, making him very slow, but he's by far the strongest and toughest of the characters, and uses a big flail as a weapon. His "Rolling Tackle" lets him bowl over numerous enemies at once and covers a good bit of ground. Save for Lisa, he's also the one with the longest-ranged attack. Since he's the most powerful otherwise (and that can make a bit of a difference in a low-ST/Toughness game) I made him suffer a bit defensively- he's only PL 7.5 there.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:50 pm

Her next appearance is of course as Skein, as she joins The Menagerie (along with Hippo, White Rabbit & Panda-Mania, whom I obviously must now stat)... but then she shows up allied with Baron Zemo in Secret Empire, calling herself Gypsy Moth again. Oh, comics.
Just noting a lack of "Panda-Mania" in the thread although the info online seems to come down to "some level of super strength".
Damn- a clear oversight lol.
Davies

Post by Davies »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:50 pm

From what I recall, she's a composite of three smaller pandas who can --

Oh. Right, that's Pandamonium. Sorry.