Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Dead or Alive! Kasumi! Eliot! Tina Armstrong!)

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:55 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:25 am Yay, Hamilton ruled!

Best song live is actually “Burn”- let’s all the singing training out. SUPER emotional.

Burr was fascinating- I can see why people dig him more than Hamilton. Hamilton is all there on the surface. Burr SEETHES and hides everything. He’s a man at war with himself, arguing with himself without knowing it. Like a lot of the other icons who lie to themselves (Elphaba in Wicked). The actor played him as ultra stiff and constantly uncomfortable- amazingly, the only moments he goes all out are when he’s alone.
Yeah, it's pretty great. I saw it pre-pandemic. My two sons know pretty much all the words to the whole thing.
Dang- did you see any of the original Broadway cast?
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

It was the touring company, so most of them were not the originals. I'd have to dig out the Playbill though.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Leon

Post by Jabroniville »

I'd honestly have to double-check each time to make sure this wasn't just Bayman with a new hat. Even the MALES are interchangeable!

LEON
Role:
Older Army Guy
First Appearance: Dead or Alive 2 (1999)
Total Appearances: DOA 2-4, DOA Dimensions, DOA 5 (Ultimate version only)
PL 8 (103)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+12)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Mercenary) 6 (+8)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Proving Himself The Strongest Man in the World)- When his beloved Lauren suddenly died, her last words were "The man I love, is the strongest man in the world."- he now desperately wishes to prove her correct.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 14 (103)

-A weird guy I don't recall seeing, Leon is Just Another Forgettable Male DOA Character, fighting to prove himself the strongest man in the world, honoring the last words of his deceased love, Lauren- he was a mercenary and she a thief, and they fell in love years ago. They were happy for years until she died suddenly in the desert, proclaiming him "the strongest man in the world". He's an older Italian guy with a turban in his DOA 2 debut (serving as the "Generic Male Military Guy", replacing the dropped Bayman), then a bandana in other games, but brought the turban back for DOA 5. He typically talks smack to his opponents, threatening them with death or calling them "insolent whelp!". He proved to be a bit of a dropped character, disappearing after the fourth game, apparing in DOA 5 only in its "Ultimate" edition, and hasn't shown up for DOA 6 yet.

-Leon is somewhat of a counter for Bayman, but he fights using Russia's Sambo (a more hardcore variant of judo)- this makes him a bit of a powerhouse grappler in a game heavy with girls and thinner, acrobatic men. As a canonical loser in every tournament, he's another PL 7.5 sort.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:39 am Women are far, FAR more vulnerable to bombs than males, given how there’s way fewer big roles and most go to the same batch of women (Jennifer Lawrence replaced Anne Hathaway as the omnipresent star, and now has herself been replaced by others). Berry in particular did suffer a lot due to Catwoman, and Stone nearly went bankrupt- neither got nearly as many roles after, and it was Halle’s last big starring role.

I mean, these people kept working, but “side character in a TV show with 1/2 Big Bang Theory’s audience ain’t the sane thing.
Yes, pretty much all the above. There are relatively few blockbuster/tentpole movies with women as the leads (or even co-leads, unless one just counts "love interest"), and actresses still have a much shorter career-life when it comes to landing large roles, with a handful of exceptions (Charlize Theron, Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, arguably Amy Adams, Selman Hayek, Jennifer Lopez and Nicole Kidman), unless they are considered to bring "serious talent" credibility to projects
(Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep. Viola Davis, a few others). So when someone like Jennifer Lawrence has several misfires in a row AND is no longer the "newest, latest", her career takes a major hit-and that's WITH multiple big hit movies and awards behind her, let alone a Jamie Pressley or Kate Bosworth (anyone remember her?). Now, this isn't totally limited to women of course, but Dane Cook sure got more than his share of chances as a leading man.

All my best.
Jabroniville

Christie

Post by Jabroniville »

CHRISTIE
Role:
The Platinum Blonde One, Female Villain, Assassin, Jobber To The Stars
First Appearance: Dead Or Alive 3 (2001)
Total Appearances: DOA 3-6
PL 8 (124)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+13)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Assassin) 7 (+9)
Insight 4 (+7)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Equipment 4 (Guns & Stuff), Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Can Still Throw Big Guys" Power-Lifting 1 (400 lbs.) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Guns +10 (+4-5 Ranged Damage, DC 19-20)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Money & Murder)- Christie is a paid killer, and seems to delight in murder for its own sake.
Enemy (Helena Douglas)- Christie was hired to kill Helena so that Victor Donovan can take over DOATEC. Helena's mother Maria took the bullet instead, so Helena swore revenge. Christie went undercover as her assistant for a time, but revealed herself and is now hunted.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 13 (124)

-Fulfilling a missing hair color among the DOA babes, Christie is also a rare female villain. Said to be a cold-blooded sadist, she was hired by Victor Donovan to kill Helena Douglas, all in order to let Victor lead DOATEC. Using a sniper rifle, Christie nearly succeeded, but Helena's mother Maria took the bullet instead, dying in her daughter's place. Christie got away and hid her identity well enough that she went undercover as Helena's assistant. She works to manipulate things, and tries to convince Victor to have Helena killed for real this time. In DOA 3, she inspires Victor to run the tournament, and reveals her identity to Helena- however, Bayman interferes and captures her, as he himself had been hired to protect Helena. She managed to escape thanks to Kasumi's clone interfering.

-In DOA 4, Helena finally learns the full truth when Christie laughingly reveals that she killed Maria, but Christie again escapes after a fight. In the fifth game, she works for Victor once more, in his new company (MIST)- again, Helena defeats her, as does Kasumi when she invades the company. So... Christie is more or less a Jobber To The Stars in the DOA series- an important part of the backstory and the fighter backing up the non-combatant (Victor Donovan), but she herself can't beat anybody on her own.

-In-game, Christie is one of the fastest characters, specializing in "poke" attacks and stunning the opponent quickly. Fast and powerful, her only weakness was bad throws, and she apparently got nerfed in later games. In-story, though, she's pretty weak- I went with PL 7.5 for the fact that she loses in basically every game. Despite that, she's one of the priciest characters, having a wide skillset and being able to get close to even people she's been hired to kill.
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Kasumi! Tina & Bass Armstrong! Bayman! Christie!)

Post by Davies »

It might be more accurate to state that after failing to kill Helena that one time, Christie became Obsessed with her, which continues right up into the most recent games. ("You have to do better than that, My lady. You have to make it fun for me.")

Interestingly, she's voiced by Kotono MItsuishi.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Kasumi! Tina & Bass Armstrong! Bayman! Christie!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh hey! So three years ago, when I was doing my Teen Titans set, I posted some Marv Wolfman interviews. They featured some pretty interesting bits of knowledge (like him admitting he should have stepped away from the book around The Titans Hunt because he was out of ideas, but he says he loved the characters too much (ironically, him not stepping away more or less destroyed them for 10+ years), BUT I'd forgotten many of the things he said, including a couple of things relevant to builds from a month ago:
WOLFMAN: The Terminator is coming back. The only ones I haven’t got planned at the moment are the Fearsome Five, and I’ll have to throw them in some issue I just have to mark time with. You wanted death. I’m thinking of killing of Dr. Light and having someone female wear his costume. Since all his powers are in his costume, anyone could wear it. Unstable molecules. It’s skintight.
Curiously, he left Arthur alive for this. Not sure why- if there's a writer in comics unafraid to do away with characters, it's Wolfman.

He also mentions the origins of Terra/Geo-Force, confirming Ken's theory:
WOLFMAN: Terra become a member with issue #30. Strangely enough, Mike Barr and I came in with identical characters, the same day. Mike is doing a book called The Outsiders and 1 wanted a new character for the Titans, and he came up with a guy who had earth powers [Geo Force], and I came up with Terra who has earth powers. And we both came in the same day so we couldn’t say who was first, and I came up with the idea of making them brother and sister. So Mike and I have cooperated to make these characters work between the two books. And Terra will be a regular character, for how long I will nor say, because that ties in with some of the things we have in mind.
Yes, both of these were written BEFORE the stories in question.
Jabroniville

Leifang

Post by Jabroniville »

LEIFANG
Role:
The Chinese Girl, Chun-Li Knock-Off
First Appearance: Dead or Alive (1995)
Total Appearances: DOA 1-6
PL 8 (90)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+14)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+6)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Rivalry (Jann Lee)- Leifang is consistent in her desire to chase down Jann Lee and prove to him that she herself is strong- this stems from an incident where he saved her from some thugs- something she feels she could have done herself.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 12 (90)

-Well, if you're making a Fanservice Game full of waifus, you gotta include a Chinese one with Chinese-style headdress-stuff. It's a rule. Leifang has been there since the beginning, albeit with no real big purpose. It's just stated that she had her life saved by Jann Lee in the past, and now seeks him out constantly, trying to prove to him that she has also become strong. This is a very dumb, silly concept for someone to be in the series, yet she's ALWAYS DOING IT. Like, DOA 1-3 all feature her attempting to face Jann Lee, and losing every time! She finally defeated him in DOA 4, befriending Hitomi along the way... but then in DOA 5 she's trying to do it again! The game seems to be pushing this as an obvious crush on him, at least from what I can see, but it's kinda silly. As a character, she's a generic spunky, friendly girl.

-Leifang uses Taiji Quan, but is pretty well the "Basic Template" with nothing added. She tends to use powerful holds and parries that set the enemy up for counter-attack.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Lisa Hamilton/La Mariposa

Post by Jabroniville »

LISA HAMILTON (aka La Mariposa)
Role:
Vaguely-Evil Scientist, The Black (ish?) One, Lucha Waifu, Luchadora
First Appearance: Dead or Alive 4 (2005)
Total Appearances: DOA 4-6
PL 8 (89)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+11)
Perception 2 (+4)
Technology 4 (+9)
Treatment 4 (+9)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:

Offense:
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (SCIENCE!)- Lisa engages in scientific discovery for its own sake, rarely realizing the moral implications of her actions.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 12 (107)

-The brown-skinned Lisa Hamilton actually debuted as a fanservice extra in DOA Xtreme Volleyball, and didn't become a fighter until DOA 4 came out. She is depicted as a DOATEC scientist who later rejects the organization, but has an overall mysterious past. She was high school friends with Tina Armstrong, and is a great volleyball player, but was both a scientist working for Victor Donovan as a head of his projects and a luchadora wrestler, fighting alongside Tina! At DOATEC, she observed the cloning programs over Kasumi, and tried to keep its secrets, which included threatening Helena Douglas's life. Following the fall of DOATEC... she just kinda fights on as a wrestler, but shows up in DOA 5 working for Donovan again. She says that her job as a scientist is to make new discoveries to improve the world, but other characters like Hayabusa point out that all she's doing is causing pain. Lisa is badly injured by an explosion at the end of the tournament when she realizes how evil Donovan is and releases Hayate from captivity- Hayate fights a clone of his and the lab explodes. She turns up alive in DOA 6, now working loyally for Helena.

-So ultimately her character is kind of... weird. Like they don't know WHERE she fits, so she's half "Happy Wrestler" fighting alongside Tina and half "Mad Scientist", doing evil crap on Donovan's behalf. Her serious persona doesn't mesh well with the flamboyant luchadora gear. It's like they wanted two characters but made them the same person for fun, without putting as much work into having a double identity- it's possible it's just a way for her to "cut loose" from a stressful job. She seems to do a lot of nasty stuff for Donovan but only later is like "Oh, he's bad", despite helping him abduct and clone people beforehand. I dunno- maybe it makes more sense in the game.

-As a fighter, Lisa doesn't win a lot of official fights, but is said to be a wild, unpredictable battler. This makes her hard to defend against, but also hard to use properly, meaning she's not for beginners.
Jabroniville

Kokoro

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay apparently half of my "Leifang" pictures were of Kokoro. SCREW YOU THEY BOTH LOOK ALIKE.

KOKORO
Role:
Aoi Rip-Off, Demure Waifu
First Appearance: Dead or Alive 4 (2005)
Total Appearances: DOA 4-6
PL 8 (89)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+9)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Geisha) 4 (+6)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:
"Can Still Throw Big Guys" Power-Lifting 1 (200 lbs.) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Special Moves +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Daughter of Fame Douglas)- Unbeknownst to her, Kokoro is the daughter of deceased DOATEC founder Fame Douglas via his mistress, Miyako. She finally discovered this in the sixth game.
Responsibility (Japanese Politeness)- Kokoro often apologizes to defeated opponents and asks if she's beaten them too much.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 11 (89)

-Okay, on the surface Kokoro looks like a blatant rip-off of Aoi Umenokoji from Virtua Fighter, debuting a few years later and sporting the EXACT same ornate Japanese-style flowery kimonos. Like it's really on the nose. This makes her the rare (ie. only) non-fanservicey chick in all of DOA. She's a young maiko (apprentice geisha) who uses Baji Quan martial arts, and is the illegitimate daughter of Fame Douglas, Helena Douglas's father. She seems to be known to Helena and others, but appears clueless about her heritage- she's simply a "generic girl who does martial arts", showing up in the tournaments seemingly for the challenge of it. With long black hair and a demure personality and dressing style, as well as a peaceful, kindly nature, she seems to occupy the "Dream Waifu" fetish side of things, appealing to gamers who want a more discreet, shy girl instead of the boisterous boob-swingers that make up the rest of the cast. She's a bit of a flat personality, though, kind of just being in the tournaments for no reason or with no purpose- at least she uncovers the truth about her suspicions in DOA 6, having it confirmed that Fame is her birth-father.

-Kokoro is a very fast character, able to execute chain-throws and high kicks with great speed, making her a good character for beginners. However, this makes her easy for "hiding" characters to counter- I gave her "All-Out Attack" to reflect this. As a character with little storyline importance, she's PL 7.5 like a few others.
Jabroniville

Helena Douglas

Post by Jabroniville »

HELENA DOUGLAS
Role:
The Other Blonde One, Opera Singer, DOATEC Leader, Mega-Important Plot Character
First Appearance: Dead or Alive 2 (1999)
Total Appearances: DOA 2-6
PL 8 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Business) 9 (+11)
Expertise (Singing) 9 (+12)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Wealth), Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:

Offense:
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (DOATEC)- Helena has rebuilt her father's company after burning it to the ground upon learning of its evil aspects and experiments.
Enemy (Victor Donovan)- Donovan had Helena's father killed, and has targetted her with assassination, too. She in turn charges Bayman with assassinating Donovan.
Enemy (Christie)- Christie killed Helena's mother Maria when the woman leapt in front of a bullet meant for Helena.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 13 (112)

Helena- The Omnipresent Character:
-Okay, this is just strange- I KNOW I've played a game with Helena in it before, but I remember nothing about her. Her appearance doesn't seem familiar to me at all. She even shares "The Blonde One" with Tina, who is MUCH more famous and notable. She's a completely generic design- some blonde lady with a lacy Shakespear-performance top and tight pants with no prominent fetish or fanservicey aspects. Yet... Helena is by far the most prominent character in the series, going by the bios of every other character. She CONSTANTLY appears in other bios!

-So Helena is the illegitimate daughter of Fame Douglas, the original head of DOATEC, but is an opera singer... but then becomes the head of the company when her father is assassinated by Bayman, under orders from Victor Donovan. One day, while performing, Christie attempts to assassinate her, under orders from Donovan- her mother Maria spots the shooter and leaps in front of the bullet, dying instead. Using Pigua Quan style martial arts, she enters the second tournament (debuting in DOA 2) to find out the reason behind her parents' deaths, not realizing that her mother's killer is Christie- her own assistant, placed there by Donovan. She's there to keep an eye on Helena, and kill her if she learns too much about DOATEC's secret activities. But Helena herself hires Bayman himself to be her bodyguard, and to kill Donovan (he fails). She manages to survive through two tournaments, but wins neither- she does defeat Kasumi α, who was defending Donovan.

Helena Wins DOA 4:
-Helena is actually the canonical victor of DOA 4, which involves a battle between Kasumi's ninja clan and DOATEC- Christie reveals here that she was Maria's killer, but escapes punishment after a fight that ends mysteriously (Helena probably wins, though). Helena nearly willingly dies as the DOATEC building burns around her, wanting to destroy all its works, but she's saved by incorrigible flirt Zack, whom she later hires. In DOA 5, she rebuilds her company stronger than ever, but learns that Donovan's new company, MIST, may be a part of hers in secret- she allies with Kasumi & her friends to stop MIST.

-But Helena... has a lot of balls up in the air in terms of characters. She's deep, personal enemies with Victor & Christie, and the boss of Bayman, Zack & Marie Rose. Kokoro is her half-sister. And she's allies with Kasumi and her whole ninja clan, but only after first being a big rival of the whole crew. All the while she's just kind of... vague, herself. Like she's a bit vengeful towards her enemies but never seems to put THAT much focus on them- there's this big thing about her obsession with finding her mother's killer, but once that's revealed she's just more hostile to Christie than anything.

Helena's Skills:
-Helena is a skilled, fully PL 8 fighter, having beating Christie at least once in continuity (after the big revelation and their first fight), and won one DOA tournament. She's also an excellent businesswoman, having rebuilt her company, which is one of the biggest in the world or something. In the games, she's a well-rounded fighter with a lot of options and good strikes, but is only mid-tier in terms of speed and has low hitting power, so she needs those varied attacks to keep in the game.
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Tina! Christie! Leifang! La Mariposa! Helena!)

Post by catsi563 »

Helenas always been my fave from DOA along with Kasumi that long blong pony tails the distinctive feature of hers. and her fighting styles neat because her style is what Aang uses in ATLAB
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Davies

Re: Helena Douglas

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:54 pm there's this big thing about her obsession with finding her mother's killer, but once that's revealed she's just more hostile to Christie than anything.
Basically, what happens is that she learns that she was the target that night, not her mother, who threw herself in the way of the bullet to save her life, turning her anger into a fair amount of survivor's guilt, especially since Helena has done fairly terrible things in the name of her vengeance.(There's a flashback to another woman being shot in the wrap-up of DoA4, and it's pretty clear that Helena shot her.) Consequently, she finds Christie's obsession with her more annoying than anything else ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Marie Rose

Post by Jabroniville »

MARIE ROSE
Role:
Tiny Girl, Gothic Lolita Maid, Pedo-Bait
First Appearance: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade (2013)
Total Appearances: DOA 5U, DOA 6
PL 8 (93)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+9)
Deception 6 (+8)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Administrative Assistant) 6 (+6)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:
"Can Still Throw Big Guys" Power-Lifting 1 (200 lbs.) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Special Moves +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Helena Douglas)- Marie follows the orders of her respected boss, Helena.
Reputation (Child-Like)- 4'10" and with an under-developed bust, Marie Rose is often mistaken for a child.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 11 (93)

-A teeny-tiny teenage girl in blonde pigtails, Marie Rose might be the most "Because Japan" character in the DOA series, though Fighting Games in general have a tendency to include silly things like itty-bitty girls in Idol/Fetish Gear fighting supreme martial artists. Her Swedish identity and personality are believed to be a response by Team Ninja to Sweden banning DOA Dimensions for violating child pornography laws. Marie is a professional assistant dressing as a Gothic Lolita maid (because of course she is) working for Helena Douglas, but is also a great fighter and is charged with investigating the DOA tournament's last winner, Honoka, to determine if MIST was planning to use her for a dark purpose. She tends to act formally (like the "meido" fetish demands), but also cries on the ground like a little girl when defeated (I don't even want to get into that one).

-At only 4'10", Marie Rose is the shortest of all the DOA characters. This makes her a low-ST character. She uses defensive tactics mostly, as well as acrobatic wheel-kicks, and is said to be pretty easy to learn. However, she lacks "mix-ups" (quickly moving behind the opponent for extra attack opportunities) and is quite predictable.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Marie Rose

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:45 am Her Swedish identity and personality are believed to be a response by Team Ninja to Sweden banning DOA Dimensions for violating child pornography laws.
Well that's not God damn creepy at all.