Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Post by Jabroniville »

oh yeah, Lodoss War was HUGE for a time. What's funny is I don't remember it seeming very "1990" in animation. Though I did notice that the budget seemed to falter as time went on- the big "Dragon Fight" was largely just static images.

There's also a funny thing with how Ashram (I think) and the Lady Drow worked out- I recall all the Fansites and Shrines and Webrings (I'm old) going on about their relationship and how deep and incredible it was... and then I actually watched the anime, and they're on screen together for maybe 30 seconds or so XD! An interesting look at how people dive into depth that is only merely hinted at.

But the anime really showed me how fantasy SHOULD look and be- most D&Dish cartoons lacked that sheer epic grandeur. This FELT big, and it's something I've tried to mimic ever since.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

My friends and I had a sort of rallying cry for describing our ideal D&D campaign: “More Lodoss, Less Slayers!” My friend Beth even had that written on the front of her DM’s screen.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Slayn

Post by Batgirl III »

Madhouse Inc.

Slayn
Record of Lodoss War Character
Power Level 8 ( 90 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength -1
Stamina 0
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Presence 2

SKILLS
Expertise [Arcane Lore] 4 (+8), Expertise [Astrology/Astronomy] 6 (+10), Insight 1 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Attack [Spells] 6 (+7)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Defensive Roll (4), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (2), Ritualist

POWERS
Wizard’s Spellcasting Variable 3 (15 PP Pool; Flaws: Slow) [ 18 PP ]

Slayn’s most common configuration of spells prepared consists of:o
Invisibility Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Extras: Affects Others, Area [30’ Burst], Selective; Flaws: Passive, Resistible [Will]) [ 12 PP ]
• AE: Magic Missile Damage 4 (Extras: Ranged [Perception]) [ 2 PP ]
• AE: Sleep Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Recover: Will; Conditions: Fatig, Exhausted, Asleep; Extras: Area [30’ Burst], Ranged) [ 1 PP ]
• AE: Web Affliction 4 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Strength; Conditions: Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile; Extras: Area [30’ Burst], Extra Condition, Ranged; Flaws: Limited to Two Degress) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP )
Wizard’s Staff Damage 3 (Strength-based; Extras: Reach [1]) [ 4 EP ]
Miscellaneous adventurer’s gear [ 6 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 7
Parry: (8) Base 4
Fortitude: (6) Base 6
Toughness: (0/4) Base -
Will: (10) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack 4 Effect 2 Total: 6 (Staff)
AttackEffect 4 Total: 4 (Magic Missile)
AttackEffect 4 Total: 4 (Sleep)
AttackEffect 4 Total: 4 (Web)
Dodge 8 Tough. 0/4 Total: 8/12
Parry 8 Tough. 0/4 Total: 8/12
Fort. 6 Will 10 Total: 16

COMPLICATIONS
MOTIVATION (Neutral Good): Slayn desires to do good for it's own sake.

POWER LOSS (Spell Components ): In order to cast his spells, Slayn needs to be able to speak and gesture freely. Some of his spells also require unusual, but mundane, physical components such as a bit of cat fur or a dead spider. Slayn can usually be assumed to have had the foresight to gather whatever material components he might need… Unless the GM says otherwise.

ABILITIES [ 42 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 16 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 12 pp ] +
POWERS [ 2 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 18 pp ] =
90 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: Starseeker
Basic D&D Class: Magic User
Nationality: Alania
Date of Birth: NRC 482
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Notable Relatives: None
Race/Species: Human

Slayn (スレイン), nicknamed Starseeker, is a soft-spoken but powerful wizard. Slayn is an old friend of Ghim, and he usually has to calm Ghim down or intervene in some way to curb his fiery temper.
Batgirl III

Woodchuck

Post by Batgirl III »

Madhouse Inc.

Woodchuck
Record of Lodoss War Character
Power Level 7 ( 90 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength -1
Stamina -1
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 5
Intellect 1
Awareness 4
Presence -2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 6 (+5), Deception 10 (+8), Close Combat [Daggers] 7 (+12), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+8), Insight 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+5), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 10 (+13), Stealth 9 (+12), Sleight of Hand 9 (+12)

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Set-Up (1), Uncanny Dodge

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP )
Leather Armor Protection 2 [ 2 EP ]
Throwing Dagger Damage 2 (Strength-based; Extras: Improved Critical [1], Ranged) [ 3 EP ]
• AE: Mêlée Dagger Damage 2 (Strength-based; Extras: Improved Critical [1]) [ 1 EP ]
Miscellaneous adventurer’s gear [ 4 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 7
Parry: (8) Base 3
Fortitude: (5) Base 6
Toughness: (1/4) Base -
Will: (5) Base 1

WORKSHEET
Attack 13 Effect 1 Total: 14 (Throwing Dagger)
Attack 12 Effect 1
Total: 13 (Mêlée Dagger)
Dodge 10 Tough. 1/4 Total: 11/14
Parry 8 Tough. 1/4 Total: 9/12
Fort. 5 Will 5 Total: 10

COMPLICATIONS
MOTIVATION (Neutral Good): Woodchuck is selfish, greedy, and envious… But generally tries to do right by his friends and is rarely malicious or cruel.

ABILITIES [ 24 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 40 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 9 pp ] +
POWERS [ 0 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 17 pp ] =
90 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: Woodchuck, Wood
Basic D&D Class: Thief
Nationality: Valid
Date of Birth: NRC 472
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Black
Notable Relatives: None
Race/Species: Human

Woodchuck (ウッド・チャック) is a thief who is the last member to join Parn's group. Woodchuck spent 22 years of his life in prison and laments the loss of those years.

He certainly knows a lot of the tricks of the skulduggery trade, including loaded dice and knife throwing. He actually makes himself very useful once Parn releases him from the dungeon of Fortress Myce.

Woodchuck acts carefree and unbothered, but due to his skills as a thief, is much more observant than he lets on. He greatly regrets the loss of his youth and is prone to getting possessed by greed.

In the 1990 OVA anime, he is more of an ally to Parn's group, even accompanying Parn and Deedlit to fight in the War of Heroes, but is more neutral / mercenary in the novels.

In the original Replays, he has absolutely terrible stats: STR 7, DEX 16, CON 6, INT 12, WIS 10, CHA 5… That’s a tough stat spread, even in the days of “3d6 in order! No backsies!” as was the norm for BECMI era D&D.
Davies

Re: Woodchuck

Post by Davies »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:05 pm
Woodchuck acts carefree and unbothered, but due to his skills as a thief, is much more observant than he lets on. He greatly regrets the loss of his youth and is prone to getting possessed by greed.
... :roll:
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Well, mostly greed. He only got possessed by something other than greed one time.
Harnos

Re: I bless the rains down in Africa...

Post by Harnos »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 am Image
DEATH
Rifts Character
Power Level 18 ( 500 PP )

Revelation 6:7-8 wrote:When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and all Hell was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.
ABILITIES
Strength 6
Stamina 20
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 10
Intellect 4
Awareness 8
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+15), Expertise [Forestry] 16 (+20), Expertise [Holistic Medicine] 16 (+20), Investigate 16 (+20), Perception 7 (+15), Sleight of Hand 14 (+15), Stealth 14 (+15)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (2), Power Attack, Sidekick [Bones; (49)] Takedown (2)

POWERS
16,663 M.D.C. Impervious Toughness 20 [ 20 PP ]
Animate and Control the Dead Summon 6 (Sixteen 90 PP Minions; E: Controlled, Horde, Multiple Minions [4], Variable [General Type: Skeltons & Zombies]) [ 40 PP ]
Attach New Limbs Extra Limbs 7 (E: Sustained) [ 7 PP ]
Create Nightmare Zombies! Summon 8 (Four 120 PP Minions; E: Controlled, Horde, Multiple Minions [2], Variable [Broad Type: Undead]) [ 50 PP ]
Decay Living Flesh by Touch Weaken Abilities 5 (E: Broad, Reaction, Continuous; F: Permanent) [ 40 PP ]
Demonic Resistance Immunity 20 (Fire Descriptor; Life Support) [ 20 PP ]
Demonic Sight Senses 4 (Visual: Counters Invisibility, Darkvision) [ 4 PP ]
Four Arms Extra Limbs 2 (E: Innate) [ 3 PP ]
Horror Factor Affliction 10 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless); E: Area [Perception], Extra Condition; F: Limited to Two Degress) [ 20 PP ]
Knows Lots of Magic and Has Lots of Psychic Powers Variable 10 (E: Move Action) [ 80 PP ]
Rapid Regeneration Regeneration 10 (-1 Penalty Every Round; E: Persistent) [ 20 PP ]
Sense Other Horsemen Feature 1 (Mentally sense if the other Horsemen are alive and on the same world/plane of existence.) [ 1 PP ]
Twelve-Foot Tall Growth 4 (+4 Strength, +4 Stamina; +3 Mass; +2 Intimidate; -2 Defenses; E: Innate, Reduce Mass Gain [1]) [ 10 PP ]

The Staff of Death (20 Base; E: Indestructible; F: Removable) [ 17 PP Total ]
Damage 14 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [5], Reach [1]) [ 20 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (13) Base 14
Parry: (16) Base 8
Fortitude: (20) Base 0
Toughness: (20) ——
Will: (16) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 6 Total: 16 (Unarmed)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Decay Living Flesh by Touch)
Attack: 10 Effect: 20 Total: 30 (Staff)
Dodge: 13 Tough: 20 Total: 33
Parry: 16 Tough: 20 Total: 36
Fort: 20 Will: 16 Total: 36

ABILITIES [ 84 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 45 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 59 pp ] +
POWERS [ 282 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 30 pp ] =
500 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Vulnerability: Magical fire, magic weapons, and weapons made from silver cause extra damage, halve Death's Impervious Toughness against them; Weapons made from the Millennium Tree inflict massive damage, Death's Toughness is not Impervious against them.
Power Loss (Destruction of the Other Horsemen): Every time one of the other three Horsemen are slain, Death loses one-quarter of his power! Reduce Death's Dodge, Parry, Fortitude, Will, and Toughness by two ranks, reduce his Power Level by two, and reduce all of his other Advantages, Skills, and Powers to match.
Power Loss (Banishment): A slain Apocalypse demon must recuperate, remaining in their hellish dimension for 1,000 to 6,000 year. Even after that period of time, they cannot return to the place of their defeat (in this case, Earth) for at least 50,000 years.

Background:
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, also known as the Apocalypse Demons, have appeared at separate points around Africa. All are making their way, with devastating certainty, towards the Great Pyramids. If the four gather together, they will merge to form one, unstoppable force of destruction... At their current rate of travel, the heroes have five months to stop them. Good luck. (But, remember, according to Rifts canon, a sixty year old librarian and her pals were able to thwart these guys.)

Death is the least outwardly combative and murderous of the Four Horsemen. He is cold, quiet, confident and calculating. He moves slowly and gracefully, which makes him seem all the more frightening. He is also terrifying in his relentless resolve; ever in motion, always moving toward some new terror or act of destruction. All around him is carnage, with War, Famine, and Pestilence at his side or following in his footsteps.
It seems that defensive capabilities of high end Rifts creatures are greater than their offensive potential. Jab's Rift gods builds share this feature too. Also, I would like to hear about Samurai Chicken. :D
Harnos

Re: I bless the rains down in Africa...

Post by Harnos »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 am Image
DEATH
Rifts Character
Power Level 18 ( 500 PP )

Revelation 6:7-8 wrote:When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and all Hell was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.
ABILITIES
Strength 6
Stamina 20
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 10
Intellect 4
Awareness 8
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+15), Expertise [Forestry] 16 (+20), Expertise [Holistic Medicine] 16 (+20), Investigate 16 (+20), Perception 7 (+15), Sleight of Hand 14 (+15), Stealth 14 (+15)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (2), Power Attack, Sidekick [Bones; (49)] Takedown (2)

POWERS
16,663 M.D.C. Impervious Toughness 20 [ 20 PP ]
Animate and Control the Dead Summon 6 (Sixteen 90 PP Minions; E: Controlled, Horde, Multiple Minions [4], Variable [General Type: Skeltons & Zombies]) [ 40 PP ]
Attach New Limbs Extra Limbs 7 (E: Sustained) [ 7 PP ]
Create Nightmare Zombies! Summon 8 (Four 120 PP Minions; E: Controlled, Horde, Multiple Minions [2], Variable [Broad Type: Undead]) [ 50 PP ]
Decay Living Flesh by Touch Weaken Abilities 5 (E: Broad, Reaction, Continuous; F: Permanent) [ 40 PP ]
Demonic Resistance Immunity 20 (Fire Descriptor; Life Support) [ 20 PP ]
Demonic Sight Senses 4 (Visual: Counters Invisibility, Darkvision) [ 4 PP ]
Four Arms Extra Limbs 2 (E: Innate) [ 3 PP ]
Horror Factor Affliction 10 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless); E: Area [Perception], Extra Condition; F: Limited to Two Degress) [ 20 PP ]
Knows Lots of Magic and Has Lots of Psychic Powers Variable 10 (E: Move Action) [ 80 PP ]
Rapid Regeneration Regeneration 10 (-1 Penalty Every Round; E: Persistent) [ 20 PP ]
Sense Other Horsemen Feature 1 (Mentally sense if the other Horsemen are alive and on the same world/plane of existence.) [ 1 PP ]
Twelve-Foot Tall Growth 4 (+4 Strength, +4 Stamina; +3 Mass; +2 Intimidate; -2 Defenses; E: Innate, Reduce Mass Gain [1]) [ 10 PP ]

The Staff of Death (20 Base; E: Indestructible; F: Removable) [ 17 PP Total ]
Damage 14 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [5], Reach [1]) [ 20 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (13) Base 14
Parry: (16) Base 8
Fortitude: (20) Base 0
Toughness: (20) ——
Will: (16) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 6 Total: 16 (Unarmed)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Decay Living Flesh by Touch)
Attack: 10 Effect: 20 Total: 30 (Staff)
Dodge: 13 Tough: 20 Total: 33
Parry: 16 Tough: 20 Total: 36
Fort: 20 Will: 16 Total: 36

ABILITIES [ 84 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 45 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 59 pp ] +
POWERS [ 282 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 30 pp ] =
500 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Vulnerability: Magical fire, magic weapons, and weapons made from silver cause extra damage, halve Death's Impervious Toughness against them; Weapons made from the Millennium Tree inflict massive damage, Death's Toughness is not Impervious against them.
Power Loss (Destruction of the Other Horsemen): Every time one of the other three Horsemen are slain, Death loses one-quarter of his power! Reduce Death's Dodge, Parry, Fortitude, Will, and Toughness by two ranks, reduce his Power Level by two, and reduce all of his other Advantages, Skills, and Powers to match.
Power Loss (Banishment): A slain Apocalypse demon must recuperate, remaining in their hellish dimension for 1,000 to 6,000 year. Even after that period of time, they cannot return to the place of their defeat (in this case, Earth) for at least 50,000 years.

Background:
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, also known as the Apocalypse Demons, have appeared at separate points around Africa. All are making their way, with devastating certainty, towards the Great Pyramids. If the four gather together, they will merge to form one, unstoppable force of destruction... At their current rate of travel, the heroes have five months to stop them. Good luck. (But, remember, according to Rifts canon, a sixty year old librarian and her pals were able to thwart these guys.)

Death is the least outwardly combative and murderous of the Four Horsemen. He is cold, quiet, confident and calculating. He moves slowly and gracefully, which makes him seem all the more frightening. He is also terrifying in his relentless resolve; ever in motion, always moving toward some new terror or act of destruction. All around him is carnage, with War, Famine, and Pestilence at his side or following in his footsteps.
It seems that defensive capabilities of high end Rifts creatures are greater than their offensive potential. Jab's Rift gods builds share this feature too. Also, I would like to hear about Samurai Chicken. :D
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

I know I'm late to the party, but I feel almost obligated to dig out my Lodoss builds.

Also, I don't know if they were ever translated to English, but the Lodoss novels by Ryo Mizuno are really good, in particular the second (Blazing Devil) is really interesting since it was never adapted to any other media, probably due to the fact that it's a "two-player adventure" with only Parn and Deedlit.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)