Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Now Gargoyles!!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Sidious

Re: Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Nova, Silver Surfer, Perpetua, X'Hal

Post by Sidious »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 pm Thank you for reminding me about the original Omega Men (also set in the Vega system). I didn't get to read the original comics, but I have fond memories of reading about them in Who's Who.
If you have the DC Universe app, you can read all the comics you want. They have all the comics on there.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Very cool! I'll have to check that out.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Perpetua

Post by Ares »

Sidious wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:24 pm Image

Perpetua

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: NA
Identity: No Dual Identity
Other Known Aliases: None
Place of Birth: NA
Marital Status: NA
Known Relatives: Unnamed siblings; Monitor, World Forger, Anti-Monitor (children)
Base of Operations: Mobile
Past Group Affiliations: Doom

HISTORY
Perpetua is the first creator and the mother of the Over-Monitor, Anti-Monitor and the World Forger.

Long ago, a race of Super Celestials, were sent by the Judges of the Source to create whole new systems of life within the greater Omniverse. However, the one named Perpetua, the bad seed among her kind, desired to eliminate the judges by using the Seven Hidden Forces to make a Multiverse she could use as a self-sustaining weapon. She later created her children from the Overvoid, Mar Novu, Alpheus and Mobius, to monitor each realms of matter within her Multiverse.

Five billion years later, Perpetua made Human/Martian hybrids meant to fight and live forever called Apex Predators who ruled the Multiverse and serve as soldiers against the Judges of the Source. However, the Judges of the Source were alerted of her actions by her sons, and they sent the Cosmic Raptor to seal her and the Totality of her power away inside the Source Wall which the Raptor created. After, the Multiverse was remade properly and Perpetua was now forced to watch as her children grew weak without her guiding hand. She is the most feared being in the greater Omniverse, out of all her brothers and sisters tending the infinite Multi-verses.

At some point after the Source Wall breaking during the invasion of the Dark Multiverse, Perpetua's power in its Totality crashed on Earth while Lex Luthor later released her, causing the Source Wall to explode.
God this character is so stupid. It seems like every writer is trying to be the next Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns and overcomplicate things to the point that we need another reboot.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I never heard of Perpetua before.

Yay, X'Hal! What a GREAT build, Sidious!

X'Hal has all but disappeared these days, I believe. I always saw her as DC's closest character to <<but not equal of>> the Phoenix in terms of high-energy bolts, Force Field, Flight Speed, and Strength level, but not the mental abilities or psychic stuff nor overall stats per say.

I am so enjoying these pages! :)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Oh! Is X'Hal more of a Phoenix? I thought that she was more of a Her (related to Adam Strange)?
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 pm Oh! Is X'Hal more of a Phoenix? I thought that she was more of a Her (related to Adam Strange)?
Hey! You are right, Spectrum. X'Hal is way more like Her than a Phoenix. :oops: My error. ( I had forgotten about her--Her.) :o

Phoenix is really unique and does not have a match in the DC universe (that I am aware).
Sidious

Re: Perpetua

Post by Sidious »

Ares wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:23 pm God this character is so stupid. It seems like every writer is trying to be the next Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns and overcomplicate things to the point that we need another reboot.
what gets me is these characters are so godawful powerful you can't even stat them. They just do... whatever... they want.

Technically there should never have even been a fight against her, as she could just hand wave the heroes dead in an instant.

This stinks of Editorial getting in the way of storytelling.

Man, I hate super cosmic beings.
Ken

Re: X'Hal

Post by Ken »

Sidious wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:32 pm Image

X'Hal
I've been waiting to X'Hal.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Re: X'Hal

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:20 am
Sidious wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:32 pm Image

X'Hal
I've been waiting to X'Hal.
:lol: Yeah, I have been waiting also.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Goldar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:16 pm
Spectrum wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 pm Oh! Is X'Hal more of a Phoenix? I thought that she was more of a Her (related to Adam Strange)?
Hey! You are right, Spectrum. X'Hal is way more like Her than a Phoenix. :oops: My error. ( I had forgotten about her--Her.) :o

Phoenix is really unique and does not have a match in the DC universe (that I am aware).
Sorry, I came off more gruff than I intended. It was really more of a question than a statement. I don't know enough to make more than a guess.

Ooooh, golden!

I guess Paige Guthrie kinda falls in there too.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:23 am

Sorry, I came off more gruff than I intended. It was really more of a question than a statement. I don't know enough to make more than a guess.

Ooooh, golden!

Oh no problem!

I am partial to yellow/golden beings with golden hair too. :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:43 am

Ooooh, golden!

Oh no problem!

I won't tell your silvar-y wife....
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:45 am
Goldar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:43 am

Ooooh, golden!

Oh no problem!

I won't tell your silvar-y wife....
No...er, ah...that is what I meant...I am partial to Silvar. Must have been a typo! (Offers Ken a huge box of delicious sweet goodies)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, so THAT'S X'Hal's backstory- looks like it was mostly listed in The Omega Men, a book I only know about because it had a brief crossover with The New Teen Titans and the fact that Lobo debuted there. DC weirdly completely dropped that book from existence- they're barely in the Crisis on Infinite Earths, and none of the characters factored into any important DC stuff post-1990 or so.

It's good to know her history, though! I didn't realize she was more of a standard-issue Empowered Being and not the forebear of the Tamaranean race or anything.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:28 am Oh, so THAT'S X'Hal's backstory- looks like it was mostly listed in The Omega Men, a book I only know about because it had a brief crossover with The New Teen Titans and the fact that Lobo debuted there. DC weirdly completely dropped that book from existence- they're barely in the Crisis on Infinite Earths, and none of the characters factored into any important DC stuff post-1990 or so.

It's good to know her history, though! I didn't realize she was more of a standard-issue Empowered Being and not the forebear of the Tamaranean race or anything.
I knew of X'Hal since the 90's, but I never saw her in action.

X'hal was described as a high-energy wielding being, with flight, force-field and almost Superman level strength.

Sidious did a fantastic write-up of all of these abilities with a great pic too.