Superhero Literature

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
CTPhipps

Re: Superhero Literature

Post by CTPhipps »

Thanks!

Hey, THE FALL OF SUPERVILLAINY (Supervillainy Saga #8) just got back from the editors for anyone still interested.
Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, Lucifer's Star, Space Academy Dropouts, and The Rules of Supervillainy
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Recently read my way through the Emily Monroe is Not The Chosen One series. It's fun. The basic idea behind it is that the main character, Emily, is a burger waitress who has an unfortunate resemblance to the town premier super heroin, aka The Chosen One. Thus, she's always fighting off supervillains during her job. Fortunately, they're all be list supervillains whose weaknesses are well documented on the villains wiki, so she's able to fend them off. Things change when one day, one of the other premiere super heroines of the town mistakes are for The Chosen One, and accidentally reveals her secret identity.

Things get sillier in the next to novellas, but were still amusing.
Davies

Post by Davies »

<randomly decides to buy the first one> <reads a bit>
Spoiler
... "fricking donut holes"?

... Vi is the Blue Canary isn't she?

... "hamster humping"?

... Doctor Aki is Mrs. Yamamoto isn't she?
Yeah, don't think I'm buying the other two.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Fair enough. :) Taste varies.
CTPhipps

Post by CTPhipps »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:10 am Recently read my way through the Emily Monroe is Not The Chosen One series. It's fun. The basic idea behind it is that the main character, Emily, is a burger waitress who has an unfortunate resemblance to the town premier super heroin, aka The Chosen One. Thus, she's always fighting off supervillains during her job. Fortunately, they're all be list supervillains whose weaknesses are well documented on the villains wiki, so she's able to fend them off. Things change when one day, one of the other premiere super heroines of the town mistakes are for The Chosen One, and accidentally reveals her secret identity.

Things get sillier in the next to novellas, but were still amusing.
I sadly didn't much care for it either but I loved the premise.
Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, Lucifer's Star, Space Academy Dropouts, and The Rules of Supervillainy
CTPhipps

Post by CTPhipps »

Oh, I've put the first six books of the series up for sale. You can now get them for roughly $1.20 apiece: https://www.amazon.com/Supervillainy-Sa ... 0CD7P6YYT/

I'd give them away but my publisher would be mad.

:D

Also added a link for fancasting: https://www.mycast.io/stories/the-rules ... ervillainy
Last edited by CTPhipps on Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
CTPhipps

Post by CTPhipps »

I did an article I think everyone here will like called: GETTING STARTED IN SUPERHERO FICTION

I also have a review of HENCH that I think is a really good novel but the (anti)heroine turns into a real scumbag. That doesn't make it less interesting, though.
CTPhipps

Post by CTPhipps »

The Fall of Supervillainy is now up! Gary must struggle to prevent a devastating plague from wiping out all humans who have the Super gene! Unfortunately, the walls of reality are falling apart because he tried to fix everything.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CG4Z92M4
CTPhipps

Post by CTPhipps »

Hey folks, today is the day for my big Bookbub sale for THE SUPERVILLAINY SAGA 1-6 in honor of THE FALL OF SUPERVILLAINY and they're all available for 99c (all six for 99c, not just each individually). It's only this weekend and if you want to catch up on the series, it's a great bargain.

US Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Supervillainy-Sa ... 0CD7P6YYT/

UK Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supervillainy- ... 0CD7P6YYT/