The T-Verse [Earth 75]: Dragon Mandarin, Ninjas, & Naginatas, the Storms, Black Fox, Scorpion, Toad

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
OwOMotaros

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Hanna-Barberra Heroes

Post by OwOMotaros »

Ares wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:13 am
OwOMotaros wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:34 am Oh wow, you old guys had it rough

I mean, oo, this looks neat. Can't wait to see what else you got coming.
You know we can see you in that glass house of yours, right? ;)
Nuh-uh

Tattooedman

Space Ghost

Post by Tattooedman »

Space Ghost originally had a series in the 1960s, full of the usual strong hero with sidekicks stuff that was common place during that time (as in the sidekicks get into trouble after stumbling upon the villain of the week & he bails them out then beats said villain of the week). Then the Space Stars show came along in the early 1908s and he got a bit of a resurgence being made one of the “main” characters and got some better stories (as thankfully writers got the idea that kids needed more than just laughs to be entertained). In the new show Space Ghost was considered to be one of the more powerful (basically being a paragon with the ability to fire off any kind of energy) heroes in the setting as everyone (including all the villains) knew about him, law enforcement respected him and helped him when possible, and the general space community was happy to see him. Basically he was the Superman of the setting.

The next time Space Ghost got a show it was the Coast to Coast, which I didn’t find all that entertaining personally so I know virtually nothing about it so I’ve got nothing to say about it. In between that and the present Space Ghost has had a run in DC comics in a separate setting that I’ve heard mixed opinions on, but more good than bad. The next thing he got that I’m aware of is his appearance in Future Quest, which according to Ares, did a pretty good job with the character.

Space Ghost:
PL:
Strength 12/5 (2/16 - Lifting)
Stamina 8 (2)
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Expertise [Space Hero] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Power Bands] 6 (+12), Stealth 6 (+9), Technology 6 (+8), Vehicles [Exotic] 3 (+6)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Equipment 26, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown 2

Powers: Superhuman Strength & Stamina:
Enhanced Strength 3
Enhanced Stamina 6
Immunity 9 [All Environmental Conditions, Disease, Poison, Suffocation]
Protection 4 (Extra: Impervious 12); (Feat: Subtle)

Self Propulsion: Flight 10 (Feat: Subtle)
-Space Propulsion: Movement 2 [Environmental Adaptation (Space), Space Travel 1]

Power Bands: (Removable -8 pts) [36 pp]
Genetically Synced: Feature 1 [Only works for Space Ghost]
Energy Pulse Blast: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Variable 3 [any energy type])
-Boost Strength: Enhanced Strength 11 (Flaw: Limited [4 ranks for lifting only])
-Energy Beams: Ranged Damage 12 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Variable 3 [any energy type])
-Gravity Force: Move Object 12
-Pentra Beam: Ranged Heat Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating)

Inviso-Belt: (Removable -4 pts) [17 pp]
-Intangibility: Insubstantial 4
-Inviso-Power: Concealment 4 [all visual senses] (Flaw: Passive)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Attack +12
Ranged Attack +6 // Power Bands Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +12
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Space Fighter (Ghost Cruiser - 102 ep): Size: Gargantuan; Strength: 12; Speed: 15; Defense: 8; Toughness: 11; Features: Communications, Computer, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Living Space, Navigation System, Power Converter*

Headquarters (Ghost Planet -25 ep): Size: Awesome; Toughness: 20; Features: Communications, Computer, Defense System], Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System 2 (DC 25), Workshop

-2 ep free

[*Power Converter - This Feature allows Space Ghost to extend Inviso-Power into the entire ship; by this means, the ship and all its contents can become invisible]

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 17+ Advantages 37+ Powers 119+ Defenses 23= 222 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Responsibility: Space Ghost uses his powers to protect others to the best of his ability.

Relationships: Jan & Jace, Zandar & the Herculoids, and Teen Force.

Responsibility: To uphold the ideals of the Space Patrol.

Jace:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 1
Dexterity 0
Fighting 2
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 2 (+4), Expertise [Space Hero] 3 (+3), Insight 3 (+3), Perception 3 (+3), Stealth 5 (+5), Technology 3 (+3), Vehicles [Exotic] 5 (+5)

Advantages: Close Attack 2, Teamwork

Powers:[/u] Inviso-Belt: (Removable -1 pt) [3 pp]
Inviso-Power: Concealment 4 [all visual senses] (Flaw: Passive)

Jetpack: (Removable -1 pt) [6 pp]
Personal Flight: Flight 3 (Feat: Subtle)

Offense: Initiative +1
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +0

Defense: Dodge +5
Parry +5
Toughness +5*/+2 [*Jumpsuit]
Fortitude +5
Will +5

Equipment: Jumpsuit:
Commlink
Immunity 5 [Environmental Cold, Environmental Radiation, Suffocation, Vacuum]
Protection 3 (Feat: Subtle)

Costs: Abilities 14+ Skills 8+ Advantages 3+ Powers 9+ Defenses 15= 44 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Thrills: Jace grately enjoys the excitement, danger, and challenges he faces working with Space Ghost.

Relationships: Space Ghost, Zandar & the Herculoids, and Teen Force.

Responsibility: To uphold the ideals of the Space Patrol

--
Jan:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 1
Agility 1
Dexterity 0
Fighting 2
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 2 (+2), Expertise [Computers] 3 (+4), Expertise [Space Hero] 3 (+4), Insight 4 (+5), Perception 5 (+6), Stealth 5 (+5), Vehicles [Exotic] 2 (+2)

Advantages: Improved Defense, Teamwork

Powers:[/u] Inviso-Belt: (Removable -1 pt) [3 pp]
Inviso-Power: Concealment 4 [all visual senses] (Flaw: Passive)

Jetpack: (Removable -1 pt) [6 pp]
Personal Flight: Flight 3 (Feat: Subtle)

Offense: Initiative +0
Melee Attack +2
Ranged Attack +0

Defense: Dodge +5
Parry +5
Toughness +5*/+2 [*Jumpsuit]
Fortitude +5
Will +5

Equipment: Jumpsuit:
Commlink
Protection 3 (Feat: Subtle)

Costs: Abilities 12+ Skills 8+ Advantages 2+ Powers 9+ Defenses 15= 46 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Doing Good: Jan fights the good fight because she believes it is the right thing to do.

Relationships: Space Ghost, Zandar & the Herculoids, and Teen Force (especially Kid Comet).

Responsibility: To uphold the ideals of the Space Patrol

- So a late addition, builds of Space Ghost's two wards - Jan & Jace. Done mostly because Ares recently did the pictures for them, but I'm pretty sure he won't mind.
Notes&Comments wrote:Artist unknown for first picture.
All other pictures by Pax-Chi on DeviantArt (aka our kind moderator Ares).
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Teen Force

Post by Tattooedman »

Teen Force:

Part of the early 80s Space Stars show (which featured not only Teen Force, but Space Ghost, the Herculoids, and ASTRO & the Space Mutts), the Teen Force were the "cool kids" part of the show. In their "main show", all 7 minute long, 11 episodes of it, the Teen Force fight against the various schemes of Uglor, ruler of the planet Uris, in his bid to rule his dimension. Pretty standard 80s superhero stuff, not outstanding but not bad as their powers are pretty different than what I was seeing in comics at that point.

A nice addition was that there were a couple of times that the Teen Force teamed up with Space Ghost & the Herculoids to fight some huge super threat. Those episodes would typically take up the entire time slot of the Space Stars show and were some of my favorite ones as it showed the characters of the setting interacting with one another giving the viewers a chance to see Kid Comet flirt with Jan, Space Ghost and Zandar talking like life-long friends, Blip playing games with Gloop and Gleep and so on. Plus they’d break up into smaller teams to defeat the threat (like a main group to directly confront the top bad guy while two smaller groups worked to disable some vital parts of the “Master Plan”).

Elektra:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 4
Fighting 3
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Presence 4

Skills: Athletics 5 (+5), Expertise [Science] 3 (+7), Expertise [Space Hero] 4 (+7), Expertise [Survival] 3 (+7), Insight 4 (+8), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+8/+10), Ranged Combat [Psychic Powers Array] 6 (+6), Technology 3 (+7), Vehicles [Exotic] 5 (+9)

Advantages: Attractive, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 11, Improved Initiative, Inspire, Luck 2, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort [Will Resistance Checks], Well-Informed

Powers: Psychic Powers Array:
Empathy: Senses 4 [Detect (Emotions – mental sense; Acute, Radius, Ranged)]
Mental Communication: Communication 3 [Mental]
Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 2 (Extra: Impervious 10);
(Flaws: Limited [Only vs Mental Powers], Sustained)
Predictive Defense: (Flaw: Limited [Only against those with minds])
Enhanced Dodge 6
Enhanced Parry 6
Mental Blast: Ranged Mental Damage 8 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will])
-Illusions: Ranged Affliction 10 [Figment, Phantasm, Immersion; resisted by Will]
-Mind Probe: Mind Reading 8
-Telekinetic Bolt: Ranged Force Damage 10
-Telekinesis: Move Object 10 (Feat: Precise)
-Telepathy: Communication 3 [mental] (Extras: Area, Selective)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +3
Ranged Attack +4 // Psychic Powers Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +12*/+6 [*Telepathic Defenses]
Parry +12*/+6 [*Telepathic Defenses]
Toughness +8*/+3 [*Space Hero Suit]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Space Hero Suit:
Protection 5

Space Bike (45 ep): Size: Medium; Strength: 6; Speed: 11 [Flight] Defense: 10; Toughness:10
Features: Navigation System, Movement 1 [Space Travel]

Costs: Abilities 48+ Skills 16+ Advantages 20+ Powers 54+ Defenses 13= 151
pts.

Complications:
Enemy: Uglor.

Motivation ~Responsibility: Elektra believes that she should use her powers to help others.

Relationships: The other members of Teen Force.
Kid Comet:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 6 (+6), Close Combat [Comet Punch] 6 (+10), Expertise [Space Hero] 5 (+6), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Vehicles [Exotic] 6 (+9)

Advantages: Equipment 11, Improved Initiative 4, Leadership, Power Attack, Task Focus [Vehicles (Exotic): Space Bikes], Teamwork

Powers: Comet Velocity Array:
Enhanced Dodge 6 (Flaw: Sustained)
Enhanced Parry 6 (Flaw: Sustained)
Quickness 7
Speed 14 (Feat: Move-By Action)
Comet Punch: Kinetic Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Comet Boom: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Comet Disarm: Enhanced Strength 0 (Extras: Area [Burst], Selective); (Flaw: Limited [Only on Disarming attempts])
(maximum rank equal to Strength).
-Comet Slam: Kinetic Damage 10 (Extras: Area [Burst], Penetrating); (Flaw: Reduced Range [Burst only 15 ft])
-Comet Tail Wake: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Prone; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Area [Line], Reaction [When moving at high speeds]); (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Limited [Directly behind him only])

Offense: Initiative +20
Melee Attack +4 // Comet Punch Attack +10
Ranged Attack +3

Defense: Dodge +12*/+6 [*Comet Velocity Array]
Parry +12*/+6 [*Comet Velocity Array]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Protection 5

Space Bike (45 ep): Size: Medium; Strength: 6; Speed: 11 [Flight] Defense: 10; Toughness:10

Costs: Abilities 42+ Skills 16+ Advantages 19+ Powers 48+ Defenses 15= 150 pts.

Complications:

Motivation ~Responsibility: Kid Comet believes that he should use his powers to help others.

Relationships: The other members of Teen Force, and flirtatious with Jan (one of Space Ghost’s wards).
Moleculad:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Molecular Restraint] 6 (+10), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Science] 4 (+6), Expertise [Space Hero] 4 (+6), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+6), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Molecular Slingshot] 6 (+10), Vehicles [Exotic] 5 (+9)

Advantages: Equipment 11, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Feint, Luck 2, Set-Up, Task Focus [Expertise (Science): Chemistry], Teamwork

Powers: Cloud Of Molecules:
Hovering Molecules: Flight 5 (Feat: Subtle)
Stretch Molecules: Elongation 7

Change Molecules Array:
Attacks Pass Through Him: Immunity 40 [Attacks Targeting Dodge or Parry] (Flaw: Limited [Must be aware of attack])
-Catch Falling Things: Movement 1 [Safe Fall] (Extras: Affects Others, Area [Burst])
-Molecular Restraint: Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Strength] (Extra: Extra Condition); (Flaw: Grab-Based)
-Molecular Slingshot: Ranged Ballistic Damage 10 (Flaws: Limited [Objects of opportunity for ammo])
-Pass Through Barriers: Movement 3 [Permeate 3 (normal speed)]

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +4 // Molecular Restraint Attack +10
Ranged Attack +4 // Molecular Slingshot Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Protection 5

Costs: Abilities 42+ Skills 18+ Advantages 19+ Powers 42+ Defenses 25= 146 pts.

Complications:

Motivation ~Responsibility: Moleculad believes that he should use his powers to help others.

Relationships: The other members of Teen Force.
Notes&Comments wrote:Artist unknown for first picture.
All other images by Pax-Chi (aka our kind moderator Ares) on DeviantArt.com
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Woodclaw

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Hanna-Barberra Heroes - Space Ghost & Teen Force

Post by Woodclaw »

I believe that the Hanna & Barbera's superhero shows were my second true exposure to the genre, after the reruns of the 1967 Spider-Man.
Strangelky enough, I remember a few episodes of Space Ghost and Herculoids, but I swear nothing about Teen Force. I was aware of their existance, but don't remember ever seeing an episode.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Space Stars was kind of an incredible thing for the 80s: a variety hour of action cartoons all under the HB brand. So you'd see about three of the four shows (Space Ghost, the Herculoids, Teen Force or Astro and the Space Mutts), then get a fourth segment where at least two (sometimes three) of the four shows would crossover with each other. Generally the team ups were the more action oriented shows, and you'd get some solid bits like Uglor using a device to try and smash Ghost Planet into the Herculoids planet, or Uglor tricking the descendants of the Olympian gods to fight the heroes, so you'd have Kid Comet have a speed contest with a young Mercury, a young Hercules fighting Igoo, all kinds of good stuff. They weren't high storytelling, but they were a lot of fun.

Uglor was kind of the Darkseid of the show, as he'd often be the one fighting the heroes (though he primarily fought against the Teen Force). I remember one episode where he actually wound up in a fight against Space Ghost and the Herculoids and was actually holding his own against them all. Dude was just straight up matching frickin Igoo in strength and could 'Vader Palm' black energy blasts from Zokk and Space Ghost. Guy was definitely no pushover.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ENJOY YOUR MODERN DAY BEAN-HEAD ANIMATION :P!!!
OwOMotaros

Post by OwOMotaros »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:57 pm

ENJOY YOUR MODERN DAY BEAN-HEAD ANIMATION :P!!!
FIGHT ME YOU CANUCK FUCK
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

This is interesting stuff: for eons I considered Hanna-Barbera the rancid anus of animation, and liked only their modern stuff that ripped on the old stuff or altered it to make it funny. I hadn't even realized they were into the superhero business 50 years ago. I still love the comment Chuck Jones had: "Hanna-Barbera is illustrated radio".

What struck me was just how many of them seemed to vanish from existence upon cancellation... but maybe just outside of the U.S. When people posted pics Alex Ross drew of all the HB superheroes, I only ever found a couple I could name, and those were ones from Space Ghost Coast To Coast or Harvey Birdman- Attorney At Law, plus Thundarr. They NEVER repeat those in Canada- just endless Scooby-Doo repeats.

Every Canadian I know has no idea any of this shit existed, so it must be an America-only phenomenon.

The Impossibles have terrible names yet interesting powers- how many of those showed up in the cartoon?
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:18 am This is interesting stuff: for eons I considered Hanna-Barbera the rancid anus of animation, and liked only their modern stuff that ripped on the old stuff or altered it to make it funny. I hadn't even realized they were into the superhero business 50 years ago. I still love the comment Chuck Jones had: "Hanna-Barbera is illustrated radio".

What struck me was just how many of them seemed to vanish from existence upon cancellation... but maybe just outside of the U.S. When people posted pics Alex Ross drew of all the HB superheroes, I only ever found a couple I could name, and those were ones from Space Ghost Coast To Coast or Harvey Birdman- Attorney At Law, plus Thundarr. They NEVER repeat those in Canada- just endless Scooby-Doo repeats.

Every Canadian I know has no idea any of this shit existed, so it must be an America-only phenomenon.

The Impossibles have terrible names yet interesting powers- how many of those showed up in the cartoon?
I can tell you they showed up on this side of the Atlantic, but how well known they are I cannot say.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

Re: Space Ghost

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:26 pm Image

Space Ghost originally had a series in the 1960s, full of the usual strong hero with sidekicks stuff that was common place during that time (as in the sidekicks get into trouble after stumbling upon the villain of the week & he bails them out then beats said villain of the week). Then the Space Stars show came along in the early 1908s and he got a bit of a resurgence being made one of the “main” characters and got some better stories (as thankfully writers got the idea that kids needed more than just laughs to be entertained). In the new show Space Ghost was considered to be one of the more powerful (basically being a paragon with the ability to fire off any kind of energy) heroes in the setting as everyone (including all the villains) knew about him, law enforcement respected him and helped him when possible, and the general space community was happy to see him. Basically he was the Superman of the setting.

The next time Space Ghost got a show it was the Coast to Coast, which I didn’t find all that entertaining personally so I know virtually nothing about it so I’ve got nothing to say about it. In between that and the present Space Ghost has had a run in DC comics in a separate setting that I’ve heard mixed opinions on, but more good than bad. The next thing he got that I’m aware of is his appearance in Future Quest, which according to Ares, did a pretty good job with the character.
Well at least that explains the lack of Expertise (Talk Show Host) in the build. :)

Another fond memory of my mid-20's is getting hammered on a Friday night and then watching Space Ghost Coast to Coast and laughing my arse off. Like most cringe comedy, it hasn't aged well but it was great fun when it started. And the spinoffs were a mixed bag but Brak Presents the Brak Show Starring Brak special will have my defense forever.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Tattooedman

Re: Space Ghost

Post by Tattooedman »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:16 pm Well at least that explains the lack of Expertise (Talk Show Host) in the build. :)

Another fond memory of my mid-20's is getting hammered on a Friday night and then watching Space Ghost Coast to Coast and laughing my arse off. Like most cringe comedy, it hasn't aged well but it was great fun when it started. And the spinoffs were a mixed bag but Brak Presents the Brak Show Starring Brak special will have my defense forever.
Nothing but love here for the Brak Show, that was funny as hell. Just absurd humor galore!
Tattooedman

Young Samson

Post by Tattooedman »

Young Samson:

Another American animated television series produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions. Young Samson followed the adventures of a teenaged boy named Sam and his dog, Goliath as they rode around the country on a motorbike. Whenever trouble arose, usually in the form of a menacing mega villain, evil scientist or random monster appearing, Sam transforms himself into a superhero version of the biblical Samson by hitting his wristbands together (a second slam would transform Goliath into a super-powered lion) and confronts the villain. Once again, Hanna-Barberra went with a villain/threat of the week formula (which apparently, they liked given how much they used it for all their various superhero shows).
Samson:
PL:
Strength 12 (16 - Lifting)
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 3 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed 2 (+8), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 4 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 2, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Luck, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort [Strength Checks], Withstand Damage

Powers: Super-Strength:
Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting only])
Feature 1 [In a contest or comparison of Strength, he wins against anyone else with the same Strength rank, rather than tie]

Super-Stamina:
Immunity 8 [Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Environmental Pressure, Fatigue]
Protection 4 (Extra: Impervious 12)

Feats Of Super Strength Array:
Shockwave: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Limited [Samson & his targets must be in contact with the same surface])
-Groundstrike: Affliction 10 [Vulnerable, Defenseless; resisted by Dodge]
(Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaws: Limited [Samson & his targets must be in contact with the same surface], Limited Degree)
-Super Strong Legs: Leaping 10

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +6 // Unarmed Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Thrown Attacks +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 74+ Skills 8+ Advantages 12+ Powers 42+ Defenses 14=150 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Responsibility: Samson believes he should use his powers to protect others.

Power Loss: Teenaged Sam must be able to hit his metallic wristbands together to transform into his heroic identity.

Secret Identity: Teenaged Sam. In his normal identity, Samson has no powers, and his Abilities are that of a bystander.
Goliath:
PL:
Strength 10
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Insight 8 (+8),Intimidation 6 (+12), Perception 8 (+8), Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Daze, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Teamwork

Powers: Claws & Teeth: Strength-Based Slashing Damage 0 (Feat: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash)

Giant Lion:
Enhanced Skill 2 [Intimidation +6]
Feature 2 [8 ft tall, can carry one passenger]
Senses 5 [Low-Light Vision, Olfactory (Acute, Extended), Hearing (Extended), Ultra-Hearing]

Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting only])

Super-Stamina:
Immunity 8 [Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Environmental Pressure, Fatigue]
Protection 2 (Extra: Impervious 10)

Powerful Roar: Sonic Vibrational Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone])
-Power Beam: Heat Damage 10 (Feats:
Improved Critical 2, Reach 8 [40 ft])
-Super Strong Legs I: Leaping 10
-Super Strong Legs II: Speed 7

Offense: Initiative +
Melee Attack +
Ranged Attack +

Parry +10
Toughness +10* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 13+ Advantages 5+ Powers 59+ Defenses 20=
pts.

Complications:
Disabled: Goliath cannot speak, nor use his paws to easily manipulate objects.

Motivation ~Loyalty: Goliath does as his owner, Samson, tells him.

Power Loss: Dog Goliath can only be transformed into his heroic alter ego by Samson hitting metallic wristbands together in Goliath's direction.

Secret Identity: Dog Goliath. In his normal identity, Goliath has no powers and his Abilities are that of a normal dog.

Notes & Comments wrote:The Artist for the first picture isn't known to me but if someone does please share with me so I can give proper credit.
Artist for the second picture is Pax-Chi (better known as our moderator Ares) on DeviantArt.com.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Hanna-Barberra Heroes - Space Ghost, Teen Force & Young Samson

Post by Ares »

To the surprise of no one, I'm sure, Young Samson was a favorite of mine, though really, all of the Hanna-Barbera Action Shows were fun in their own way. They definitely loved "villain of the week" stories, but they really didn't have many options at the time, given the format of cartoons. Each episode was often broken up into two or three parts, and since the shows often were two different series combined into a single show (Birdman and the Galaxy Trio, Space Ghost and Dino-Boy, Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles, Young Samson and the Space Kidettes) you didn't really have the time or space for long series storytelling. The longest ongoing story was a Space Ghost 5 parter where several previous villains formed the Council of Doom, and resulted in Space Ghost meeting the Herculoids, Shazzan, Mightor and the like.

I get the feeling the idea was that kids had short attention spans, so best to keep each story short, cut out all the fat and get straight to the fun. Which, honestly, I can't argue with because they managed to squeeze a lot of fun into 8-to-12 minute segments. But at the same time, I'd love a modern day re-imagining where there were ongoing plots and the like and seeing what could be done with those shows.

Samson naturally appealed to the Captain Marvel fan in me, as a young kid who transformed into a superpowerful demi-god, and he was different from someone like, say, Birdman or the Impossibles, because they got their orders from some government agency. Samson was a more traditional superhero who would find a problem and then resolve it. I have to imagine this show also influenced at least a few creators, as Marvel later used the 'bang bands to transform' bit with Mar-Vel and Rick Jones, while He-Man would borrow a lot from Samson and Mightor, down to having an animal companion turn into a giant lion/tiger they could ride around.

Oddly enough, of all the old HB action shows, guys like Birdman, Samson, Space Ghost and plenty others never got a proper origin story. Mightor, Dino-Boy and Jonny Quest did, but most of the others are just "hey, we're good guys and we fight crime".

I'd say one thing missing from Samson is his "Super Samson" power, which was something that popped up in multiple episodes. Samson had plenty of Hero Point generated one-shot powers (the Rings of Samson just came out of nowhere), but in about half the episodes Samson would activate "SUPER Samson power" and get an additional strength boost on top of that.

Which does beg the question of "why not go Super Samson immediately", which is never answered, but my own homebrew excuse would be that there's a time limit for how long Samson can remain powered up. Basically, for every hour that he's powered down, he gains an hour of time in his super form, and he can store maybe 24 hours worth of Samson time (maybe more). But when he goes Super Samson, he gains a significant strength boost, but his hours get cut down to minutes. So if he's got 8 hours of Samson time stored up, that translates into 8 minutes of Super Samson. Again, my own person take on it.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Hanna-Barberra Heroes - Space Ghost, Teen Force & Young Samson

Post by Tattooedman »

Ares wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:48 am I'd say one thing missing from Samson is his "Super Samson" power, which was something that popped up in multiple episodes. Samson had plenty of Hero Point generated one-shot powers (the Rings of Samson just came out of nowhere), but in about half the episodes Samson would activate "SUPER Samson power" and get an additional strength boost on top of that.

Which does beg the question of "why not go Super Samson immediately", which is never answered, but my own homebrew excuse would be that there's a time limit for how long Samson can remain powered up. Basically, for every hour that he's powered down, he gains an hour of time in his super form, and he can store maybe 24 hours worth of Samson time (maybe more). But when he goes Super Samson, he gains a significant strength boost, but his hours get cut down to minutes. So if he's got 8 hours of Samson time stored up, that translates into 8 minutes of Super Samson. Again, my own person take on it.
Now I'll be honest, I've only seen a handful of episodes of Young Samson. So, with that in mind I hadn't seen anything about Super Samson powers and only heard about it from talking to you which is why I put Extraordinary Effort in his Advantages, though one-shot powers could be handled with power stunts.
OwOMotaros

Re: Young Samson

Post by OwOMotaros »

Tattooedman wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:53 am Image
Young Samson:

Another American animated television series produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions. Young Samson followed the adventures of a teenaged boy named Sam and his dog, Goliath as they rode around the country on a motorbike. Whenever trouble arose, usually in the form of a menacing mega villain, evil scientist or random monster appearing, Sam transforms himself into a superhero version of the biblical Samson by hitting his wristbands together (a second slam would transform Goliath into a super-powered lion) and confronts the villain. Once again, Hanna-Barberra went with a villain/threat of the week formula (which apparently, they liked given how much they used it for all their various superhero shows).
Samson:
PL:
Strength 12 (16 - Lifting)
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 3 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed 2 (+8), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 4 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 2, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Luck, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort [Strength Checks], Withstand Damage

Powers: Super-Strength:
Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting only])
Feature 1 [In a contest or comparison of Strength, he wins against anyone else with the same Strength rank, rather than tie]

Super-Stamina:
Protection 4 (Extra: Impervious 12)

Shockwave: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Limited [Samson & his targets must be in contact with the same surface])
-Groundstrike: Affliction 10 [Vulnerable, Defenseless; resisted by Dodge]
(Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaws: Limited [Samson & his targets must be in contact with the same surface], Limited Degree)
-Super Strong Legs: Leaping 10

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +6 // Unarmed Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Thrown Attacks +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 74+ Skills 8+ Advantages 12+ Powers 42+ Defenses 14=150 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Responsibility: Samson believes he should use his powers to protect others.

Power Loss: Teenaged Sam must be able to hit his metallic wristbands together to transform into his heroic identity.

Secret Identity: Teenaged Sam. In his normal identity, Samson has no powers, and his Abilities are that of a bystander.
Goliath:
PL:
Strength 10
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Insight 8 (+8),Intimidation 6 (+12), Perception 8 (+8), Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Daze, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Teamwork

Powers: Claws & Teeth: Strength-Based Slashing Damage 0 (Feat: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash)

Giant Lion:
Enhanced Skill 2 [Intimidation +6]
Feature 2 [8 ft tall, can carry one passenger]
Senses 5 [Low-Light Vision, Olfactory (Acute, Extended), Hearing (Extended), Ultra-Hearing]

Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting only])

Super-Stamina:
Protection 2 (Extra: Impervious 10)

Powerful Roar: Sonic Vibrational Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone])
-Power Beam: Heat Damage 10 (Feats:
Improved Critical 2, Reach 8 [40 ft])
-Super Strong Legs I: Leaping 10
-Super Strong Legs II: Speed 7

Offense: Initiative +
Melee Attack +
Ranged Attack +

Parry +10
Toughness +10* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 13+ Advantages 5+ Powers 59+ Defenses 20=
pts.

Complications:
Disabled: Goliath cannot speak, nor use his paws to easily manipulate objects.

Motivation ~Loyalty: Goliath does as his owner, Samson, tells him.

Power Loss: Dog Goliath can only be transformed into his heroic alter ego by Samson hitting metallic wristbands together in Goliath's direction.

Secret Identity: Dog Goliath. In his normal identity, Goliath has no powers and his Abilities are that of a normal dog.

Notes & Comments wrote:The Artist for the first picture isn't known to me but if someone does please share with me so I can give proper credit.
Artist for the second picture is Pax-Chi (better known as our moderator Ares) on DeviantArt.com.
...actually don't find this one egregiously goofy. Nice.