The T-Verse [Earth 75]: Dragon Mandarin, Ninjas, & Naginatas, the Storms, Black Fox, Scorpion, Toad

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): 3rd Gen Vanguard members, MMI, Multitude, Luciferian

Post by Ares »

Huh. Interesting twist there, a nice nod to the Evil Dead films and a very different ending for the hero. Sort of a "What if Ash Williams became John Constantine with a dash of Splatterhouse's Rick Taylor?"
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): 3rd Gen Vanguard members, MMI, Multitude, Luciferian

Post by Tattooedman »

Ares wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 pm Huh. Interesting twist there, a nice nod to the Evil Dead films and a very different ending for the hero. Sort of a "What if Ash Williams became John Constantine with a dash of Splatterhouse's Rick Taylor?"
Not sure about Rick Taylor, I've never heard anything about Splatterhouse, but the other two were the inspirations for Luciferian. Plus he's pretty much the reason for the The Seven existing so I figured it was time to get a build of him done.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:29 pm
Ares wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 pm Huh. Interesting twist there, a nice nod to the Evil Dead films and a very different ending for the hero. Sort of a "What if Ash Williams became John Constantine with a dash of Splatterhouse's Rick Taylor?"
Not sure about Rick Taylor, I've never heard anything about Splatterhouse, but the other two were the inspirations for Luciferian. Plus he's pretty much the reason for the The Seven existing so I figured it was time to get a build of him done.
The short version of Rick from Splatterhouse is that Rick and his girlfriend Jennifer go to the haunted West Mansion. There they're attacked by Dr. West and his supernatural minions. Jennifer is taken for a ritual, Rick is mortally wounded and left for dead. Fortunately for Rick, the Terror Mask was nearby. The Mask offers to save Rick's life and give him the power to save Jennifer, and Rick accepts. Rick gains superhuman strength and durability, and fights his way through the mansion.

The story changes depending on which version of the game you play. The original version had Rick arrive too late to save Jennifer, who was mutated into a Deadite like creature that Rick was forced to kill. He then goes on to get vengeance on Dr. West and the house itself. Later on Rick learns that Jenifer was actually taken to Hell, so he puts the mask on again, fights his way through the house, through Hell itself, gets her soul, reunites it with her body and fights his way back out of Hell, where the two can resume their relationship.

So yeah, guy literally punched his way through Hell to get his girlfriend's soul back, with some help from a magical item with a less than noble history.

The story of the 2010 Splatterhouse remake is actually surprisingly fun, as is the Terror Mask itself. Jim Cummings (a very prolific voice actor probably best known for doing the modern voice of Winnie the Pooh as well as the classic Darkwing Duck) voices the mask, and hearing that voice swear and use profanity is kind of jarring but endlessly amusing.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Interesting. Sounds like a fun game.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Bakcdraft

Post by Tattooedman »

Backdraft:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat [Axes] 4 (+13), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise [Fire Fighter] 6 (+8), Expertise [Pyrotechnics] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Incendiary Devices Array] 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+6)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Benefit [Ambidexterity], Close Attack 5, Equipment 4, Great Endurance, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Startle, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Startle, Task Focus 2 [Technology: Incendiary Devices]

Powers: Incendiary Devices Array: (Removable –6 pts) [27 pp]
Firebombs: Ranged Fire Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Shapeable] 2); (Flaw: Reduced Range)
-Fire Retardant: Nullify Fire Effects 10 (Extra: Simultaneous)
-Napalm Bomb: Ranged Fire Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Shapeable], Secondary Effect); (Flaw: Reduced Range)
-Thermite Bomb: Ranged Fire Damage 10 (Extras: Area [Shapeable], Penetrating); (Flaw: Reduced Range)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +9 // Axe Attacks +13
Ranged Attack +2 // Incendiary Devices Array Attacks +10

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+4 [*Armored Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Armored Costume:
Immunity 5 [Fire Damage]
Protection 4 (Feat: Subtle)
Built In Gas Mask: Immunity 2 [Gases/Eye & Lung Irritants (12 hour limit)]
Axe: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Feats: Impressive, Improved Defense, Improved Critical 2, Smashing, Weapon Break)

Costs: Abilities 44+ Skills 25+ Advantages 21+ Powers 27+ Defenses 28= 145 pts.

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 202 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Motivation ~Revenge: Backdraft seeks to make the world pay for the wrongs and injuries done to him.

Prejudice: Alpha criminal.

Power Loss: Backdraft’s Incendiary Devices will not work in a non-oxygenated environment.

Scarred: Backdraft’s face and upper chest were horribly burnt and are heavily scarred.

Background: Lee Johns was a member of Engine 75 of the New York Fire Department, specifically an arson investigator, that was assigned to look into a number of recent explosive fires whose origins were questionable. He discovers during his investigation that city councilman Martin Walsh was paid off by contractors to shut down firehouses so they could be converted into community centers, with the contractors receiving contracts for the construction.

After learning of his connection to the fires, Lee confronts Walsh only to be dismissed and roughly removed by the politicians security. When Engine 75 answers a fire call in a high-rise apartment building Lee opens a door, triggering a backdraft, which Lee barely survives and his face is burned beyond recognition. In the following months Lee’s work is used as the basis for a new investigation and Walsh’s actions are discovered and he is arrested but the arsonist he had employed escapes.

Lee’s injuries, and the situation that caused them, affected his mental stability and he became an impulsive, violent man. Vowing to use his knowledge to avenge himself he creates incendiary weapons to use in his efforts, which brings him into conflict with the vigilante hero Argus and starting a long running series of conflicts between the two men.

Art by 12for12 at DeviantArt.com.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Mistress Oblivion

Post by Tattooedman »

Mistress Oblivion:
PL:
Strength 12
Stamina 8
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: Deception 4 (+7), Expertise [Current Events] 4 (+6), Expertise [Pop Culture] 4 (+6), Expertise [Religion/Theology] 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat [Oblivion Effect Array] 14 (+15)

Advantages: Close Attack 10, Diehard, Power Attack, Ranged Attack

Powers: Six Arms: Extra Limbs 4 [arms] (Feat: Benefit [Ambidexterity])

Inhumanly Tough: Protection 7 (Extra: Impervious 12)

Touched By Oblivion: Immunity 6 [Fear Effects, Interaction Effects/Checks]

The Oblivion Effect Array:
Transformed By Oblivion: Transform 15 [anything into anything] (Extra: Ranged)
-Destruction Of Oblivion: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 15 (Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing 6); (Flaw: Activation [Move Action])
-Oblivion Impairment: Ranged Affliction 15 [Impaired & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Disabled, Incapacitated & Paralyzed; resisted by Will] (Extra: Extra Condition); (Feat: Affects Insubstantial 2); (Flaws: Activation [Move Action])
-Oblivion Teleportation: Teleport 10 (Extra: Attack); (Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing 4, Increased Mass 7 [3 tons], Reversible); (Flaw: Activation [Move Action])
-Oblivion Strike: Cosmic Damage 15 (Feat: Affects Insubstantial 2)
-Pain Of Oblivion: Ranged Affliction 15 [Dazed, Stunned; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Concentration, Cumulative); (Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing 4); (Flaws: Activation [Move Action], Limited Degree)

Offense: Initiative +0
Melee Attack +15
Ranged Attack +1 // Oblivion Effect Array Attack +15

Defense: Dodge +15
Parry +15
Toughness +15* [*Impervious 12]
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 66+ Skills + Advantages 13+ Powers 125+ Defenses 34= 227 pts.

Height: 6'6"
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Magenta
Eye Color: Black
Unusual Features: Blue skin, multiple arms

Complications:
Motivation ~Dominion Of Heaven: Mistress Oblivion believes that she is doing God's work by bringing about the Apocalypse.

Reputation ~Woman of Mass Destruction: Mistress Oblivion is known for causing massive amounts of property damage and having high bystander mortality rate.

Background: A meek, timid young woman, Megan Crampton was brought up in a fringe religious group that was obsessed with "The End Times" and the apocalyptic suffering mankind would endure before finally only a chosen few would be mercifully allowed into paradise. The group also practiced flogging during prayer, and it was during a morning prayer session that Megan's Alpha abilities manifested.

However, the experience twisted her mind - making Megan focus on the fact that God had yet to bring about the end of times her church awaited, but realized that she could be the hand that brought about the Apocalypse, and she would be doing God's work as had it not been his plan for her to have her powers?

Thus began the villainous career of Mistress Oblivion - seeking to cause large scale destruction in following with her religious beliefs. Not one to be limited by borders, Mistress Oblivion has been one of the deadliest opponents of the Foundation and is responsible for the death of founding member Blazer. In the years since Mistress Oblivion has continued to be a terrifying force as despite the efforts of the Foundation and the Vanguard, she has never been arrested or tried for her numerous crimes.
Gamebook

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Luciferian, Backdraft, Mistress Oblivion

Post by Gamebook »

The artwork ypu've used for Mistress Oblivion strikes me as more of an 'alien space princess weapons master cosmic adventurer' type. The sort of character who isn't good or evil but just likes getting in on the action. Could see her appearing in a Guardians of the Galaxy book, possibly as a former fling of Peter Quill, with her and Gamora frostily sizing each other up as rival sexy swordswomen. I confess that I do mostly check people's threads to see what art they have used.
Last edited by Gamebook on Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

It's from the Cosmic Handbook, and used to illustrate the "Avatar of Destruction" (i.e. Thanos) archetype.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Gamebook

Post by Gamebook »

Davies wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:35 am It's from the Cosmic Handbook, and used to illustrate the "Avatar of Destruction" (i.e. Thanos) archetype.
Yeah, I checked that out. Seems like an odd choice of illustration to me, there's no weapons in the build and and in the pic she's not firing off massive energy blasts. I'd have expected something looking more like a Marvel Celestial. Even Thanos doesn't just blow stuff up at will, he's more of a McGuffin user and weapons master himself. But then the design choices that Green Ronin make with their builds often strike me as rather odd.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Gamebook wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:24 am
Davies wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:35 am It's from the Cosmic Handbook, and used to illustrate the "Avatar of Destruction" (i.e. Thanos) archetype.
Yeah, I checked that out. Seems like an odd choice of illustration to me, there's no weapons in the build and and in the pic she's not firing off massive energy blasts. I'd have expected something looking more like a Marvel Celestial. Even Thanos doesn't just blow stuff up at will, he's more of a McGuffin user and weapons master himself. But then the design choices that Green Ronin make with their builds often strike me as rather odd.
As far as the build goes in relation to the picture - I envision her Oblivion Strike to manifest the weapons shown. It's all Descriptor to me.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:08 am
Gamebook wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:24 am
As far as the build goes in relation to the picture - I envision her Oblivion Strike to manifest the weapons shown. It's all Descriptor to me.
Agreed. If a Device or piece of Equipment can’t be taken away, then it’s a power, not an object.
Tattooedman

Chokechain

Post by Tattooedman »

Chokechain:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 2
Awareness 5
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+12), Athletics 3 (+3), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 8 (+11), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 8 (+11), Stealth 6 (+8)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort [Will Resistance Checks], Up The Walls

Powers: Psionic Chains Array:
Heavy Chain Links:
Enhanced Dodge 5
Enhanced Parry 5
Protection 8 (Feat: Subtle)
Ties Psionic Attacks In Half: Immunity 10 [Psionic Effects] (Flaw: Limited [Half Effective])
Restrain Psionic Powers: Nullify 10 [psionic based powers] (Extras: Broad, Concentration, Sustained); (Feats: Accurate 4, Reach 8); (Flaw: Close Range)
-Chains Minds: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Feats: Accurate 4, Improved Critical 3, Reach 8)
-Link Lash: Mental Damage 10 (Extras: Alternate Resistance [Will], Area [Burst])
-Links Neurons: Mental Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will]); (Feats: Accurate 4, Reach 8)
-Tow Chains: Move Object 10 (Feats: Accurate 4, Reach 8); (Flaw: Close Range)

Melee Attack +2 // Psionic Chains Array Attack +10
Ranged Attack +2 // Psionic Chains Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10*/+5 [*Heavy Chain Links]
Parry +10*/+5 [*Heavy Chain Links]
Toughness +10*/+2 [*Heavy Chain Links]
Fortitude +8
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 17+ Advantages 6+ Powers 70+ Defenses 16= 145 pts.

Height: 5’5”
Weight: 134 lbs
Hair: Black with white stripe
Eye Color: Blue (glow yellow when using powers)

Complications:
Prejudice: Criminal Alpha.

Reputation ~Highly Destructive: Chokechain regularly causes large amounts of property damage and bystander injuries.

Temper: Chokechain suffers from Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD); as a result she actively defies or refuses to comply with rules and laws, is spiteful or vindictive, and is mad at the world virtually every day and loses her temper very regularly.

Background: Sierra Bryant is one of many people who were transformed by the Ahriman Wave; in her case she gained psychic abilities as well as Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Despite the efforts of her doctors none of the usual treatments have had any lasting effect on Sierra and she has remained a threat to the general public as the super villain Chokechain. As a result, she has been locked away in New Alcatraz several times, as well as been a patient at Lennox Hill Psychiatric Hospital. For some reason though, Chokechain’s powers are difficult for the power inhibitors used by those institutions to fully suppress and she has always managed to affect an escape then resume her destructive ways.

Art by Todd Nauck.
Tattooedman

Garrote

Post by Tattooedman »

Garrote:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 6
Dexterity 4
Fighting 5
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics 6 (+10), Deception 9 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+7), Expertise [Soldier] 6 (+7), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+6), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages: Assessment, Close Attack 5, Defensive Roll 4, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Languages 3 [Base: Afrikaans; English, French, Swati, Zulu], Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort [Grabbing Attacks], Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Grappling Expert: (Feat: Innate)
Enhanced Advantages 4 [Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Prone Fighting]
Enhanced Strength 6 (Flaw: Limited [Grab Efforts only])

Chokehold: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative); (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Grab-Based)

Energy Garrote: (Removable –5 pts) [16 pp]
Garrote Choke: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive); (Flaw: Grab-Based)
-Garrote Lash: Energy Damage 10 (Feat: Reach 6 [30 ft])

Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +4 // Guns Attack +6

Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+4 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 23+ Advantages 27+ Powers 39+ Defenses 22= 167 pts.

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 198 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:
Enemy: Argus.

Motivation ~Best There Is: Garrote seeks to prove he is one of the best practicing martial artists of his generation. The only person he doesn’t test himself against is his friend and partner, Strikeback.

Motivation ~Greed: Garrote also likes to be well paid for his services as a mercenary.

Background: Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, when Amari Hassan was old enough he served in the French Foreign Legion. There he discovered a talent for hand-to-hand combat, and he constantly developed his skills finding a natural aptitude for grappling. After leaving the French Foreign Legion, Amari spent several years traveling all over the world studying with a variety of masters of grappling to expand his knowledge and further develop his skill.

Along the way he met and befriended Jacques Vendredi, a fellow martial artist that was traveling the world as well to increase his knowledge of martial skills. At some point the pair became mercenaries, selling their skills to those willing to pay them to handle a variety of “problems” all around the world.

Eventually the pair were hired by the Silvestri Family to eliminate the hero, Argus, who had been a constant interruption in many of their criminal operations. At first Argus struggled against the pair, as their use of teamwork made them a formidable threat, but he managed to overcome them and send them to prison for the first time in their careers. However, due to their well-paid lawyers, both Amari and Jacques regained their freedom and have sought to avenge their loss several times over the years with limited success. They still work as mercenaries, but often times they will give a large discount if their job pits them against Argus.

Art by Gaston25 on DeviantArt.com
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Strikeback

Post by Tattooedman »

Strikeback:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 7
Dexterity 5
Fighting 5
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 6 (+9),Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+), Perception 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+13), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack 10, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion 2, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 3, Improved Defense, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Languages 3 [Base: French; Afrikaans, English, French, German], Move-By Action, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery [Acrobatics], Takedown 2, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Up The Walls

Powers: Untouchable: Immunity 30 [Attacks Targeting Parry] (Extra: Increased Duration [Concentration]); (Feat: Innate)

Weightless Step: (Feat: Innate)
Leaping 3
Movement 1 [Trackless]

Offense: Initiative +11
Melee Attack +15
Ranged Attack +5

Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+5 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 96+ Skills 15+ Advantages 36+ Powers 22+ Defenses 20= 188 pts.

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 195 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Enemy: Argus.

Motivation ~Best There Is: Strikeback seeks to prove he is one of the best practicing martial artists of his generation. The only person he doesn’t test himself against is his friend and partner, Garrote.

Motivation ~Greed: Strikeback also likes to be well paid for his services as a mercenary.

Poor Loser: Strikeback holds grudges like a redneck holds a beer, if anyone manages to defeat him in combat he will always come back to “get his win back”.

Background: Born in Paris, France, Jacques Vendredi became interested in the martial arts at a young age and convinced his parents to enroll him in a school that taught Savate. It did not take young Jacque long to become a skilled practitioner given his dedication and by the age of sixteen he was a ranked in the top five competitors in the World Youth Savate Assaut Championships. As Jacques continued to train he also learned Savate des Rues (a newer version of Savate that uses punches, knee and elbow strikes along with locks, sweeps, throws, headbutts) and began competing in the World Junior Savate Combat Championships where he again became one of the higher ranked competitors.

It wasn’t until Jacques was twenty-two and competed in the World Combat Savate Championship that he did not earn a ranking in the top ten, and that perceived failure ate away at him. Determined to become the best fighter Jacques packed a few personal items and set off to learn from various martial arts experts as he could to expand his own martial skills.

Along the way he met and befriended Amari Hassan, a fellow martial artist that was traveling the world as well to increase his knowledge of martial skills. At some point the pair became mercenaries, selling their skills to those willing to pay them to handle a variety of “problems” all around the world.

Eventually the pair were hired by the Silvestri Family to eliminate the hero, Argus, who had been a constant interruption in many of their criminal operations. At first Argus struggled against the pair, as their use of teamwork made them a formidable threat, but he managed to overcome them and send them to prison for the first time in their careers. However, due to their well-paid lawyers, both Amari and Jacques regained their freedom and have sought to avenge their loss several times over the years with limited success. They still work as mercenaries, but often times they will give a large discount if their job pits them against Argus.

I'm unsure who the artist of the picture used is, but it is based on work done by Ronnie Thunderbolt.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Strikeback

Post by Ares »

Tattooedman wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:24 pm I'm unsure who the artist of the picture used is, but if anyone knows please let me know so I can them that person the proper credit.
That looks like a fan edit of Ronnie Thunderbolts art. I use that art a lot myself over in my own RT Art Edit thread. But I'm not sure who edited that particular image.