Dc heroes:the world at war sourcebook

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
act

Dc heroes:the world at war sourcebook

Post by act »

I Have a question:how can I use the dc heroes:the world at war sourcebook to model the golden age marvel comics characters off of the golden age dc comics characters who are featured in the book?
Ken

Re: Dc heroes:the world at war sourcebook

Post by Ken »

Assuming you're familiar with the DC Heroes rules, then generally, yes. Especially if you intend on having Timely heroes interact with the National, All-American, and Quality heroes.

The non-powered types would be the easiest. And in some case there are some obvious parallels... winged guys with maces like Red Raven may be difficult to find ;) .

Knowing how many APs of Superspeed to give Spitfire or the Whizzer may be tough, but Johnny Quick, the Flash, and Zyklon would be a good starting point.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
act

Post by act »

Ken wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:28 am Assuming you're familiar with the DC Heroes rules, then generally, yes. Especially if you intend on having Timely heroes interact with the National, All-American, and Quality heroes.

The non-powered types would be the easiest. And in some case there are some obvious parallels... winged guys with maces like Red Raven may be difficult to find ;) .

Knowing how many APs of Superspeed to give Spitfire or the Whizzer may be tough, but Johnny Quick, the Flash, and Zyklon would be a good starting point.
Cool,man,how can i do that?,Please tell me!
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Edit: I failed my reading comprehension check. I thought you wanted to convert that book to Mutants and Masterminds.
act wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:36 am
Ken wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:28 am Assuming you're familiar with the DC Heroes rules, then generally, yes. Especially if you intend on having Timely heroes interact with the National, All-American, and Quality heroes.

I think this is what you need.
act

Post by act »

Cinder wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:17 pm Edit: I failed my reading comprehension check. I thought you wanted to convert that book to Mutants and Masterminds.

I think this is what you need.
cool,i should convert the characters to dc adventures!
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

just poping in: Spitfire would have 5-8 APs of Superspeed. Whizzer would be closer to Quicksilver so about 20 APs would feel right.
act

Post by act »

Sidious wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:36 pm just poping in: Spitfire would have 5-8 APs of Superspeed. Whizzer would be closer to Quicksilver so about 20 APs would feel right.
Wow,cool,man,what about the other golden age marvel/timely characters?,thanks.
By the way,how can i model spitfire and the whizzer off of the flash and johnny quick?
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

ok well time to dig up some old skills. Normally I'd say go to write-ups.org and check on the characters there but since I'm bored....

Spitfire:
DEX: 8 STR: 4 BODY: 5
INT: 3 WILL: 4 MIND: 3
INFL: 3 AURA: 3 SPIRIT: 3
Initiative: 14(19) Hero Points: 30
Powers:
Super Speed: 5

Skills:
Martial Arts: 4

now comparing here to the Write-ups.org stats... not a bad match...
Write-up is here: https://www.writeups.org/spitfire-marv ... lsworth-5/
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

So for the Whizzer...

Whizzer:
DEX: 7 STR: 4 BODY: 7
INT: 6 WILL: 5 MIND: 6
INT: 5 AURA: 6 SPIRIT: 5
INIT: 44 Hero Points: 75
Powers:
Air Control: 7; Dispersal: 12; Superspeed: 20
act

Post by act »

Sidious wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:47 pm So for the Whizzer...

Whizzer:
DEX: 7 STR: 4 BODY: 7
INT: 6 WILL: 5 MIND: 6
INT: 5 AURA: 6 SPIRIT: 5
INIT: 44 Hero Points: 75
Powers:
Air Control: 7; Dispersal: 12; Superspeed: 20
cool,man,thanks,how about the other golden age marvel/timely characters?
Ken

Post by Ken »

How can you do what?

See what where I said
Ken wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:28 amAssuming you're familiar with the DC Heroes rules
That's an important detail.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
act

Post by act »

Ken wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:27 pm

How can you do what?

See what where I said
Ken wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:28 amAssuming you're familiar with the DC Heroes rules
That's an important detail.
cool,man,thanks
act

Post by act »

How about dc heroes rpg stats for the other golden age marvel/timely heroes?
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Hi, act.

These may help-I don't know offhand how many Timely/GA Marvel heroes they cover, but its not hard to come up with your own game stats for them once you're familiar with the DC Heroes system. As Ken said, there are a lot of heroes who are similar...Timely's Miss America is essentially DC's Liberty Belle except with the Flight power and science-skills instead of Liberty Belle's journalism; the Golden Age Patriot could be based off DC's Wildcat, lacking Ted Grant's boxing prowess but making up for it with slightly better dodging and grappling skills; and don't be afraid to use DC villains as templates either, if their powers are more a match for a particular Timely hero.

https://www.dcheroesrpg.com/p/marvel-charecters.html

All my best.
act

Post by act »

greycrusader wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:09 am Hi, act.

These may help-I don't know offhand how many Timely/GA Marvel heroes they cover, but its not hard to come up with your own game stats for them once you're familiar with the DC Heroes system. As Ken said, there are a lot of heroes who are similar...Timely's Miss America is essentially DC's Liberty Belle except with the Flight power and science-skills instead of Liberty Belle's journalism; the Golden Age Patriot could be based off DC's Wildcat, lacking Ted Grant's boxing prowess but making up for it with slightly better dodging and grappling skills; and don't be afraid to use DC villains as templates either, if their powers are more a match for a particular Timely hero.

https://www.dcheroesrpg.com/p/marvel-charecters.html

All my best.
Cool,man,Thanks,How can i do that?