GI Joe Strike Force Alpha IC thread: Part 2 the Emerald Oubliette

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: GI Joe Strike Force Alpha IC thread: Welcome to the PIT

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cowboy Ken (Mizuki Kenshiro)
Health: 3 Story Points: 1 Condition: Normal

Wishing to get the nitty gritty of things out of the way first, he made his way over to the rotary hangar. He might not've been all to familiar with jeeps and the like, but this time he had a secret weapon on his hands. Something that can turn the tide against the forces of the unknown, proving that even Cowboy Ken himself isn't afraid to learn from his mistakes.

A manual.

A very informative one too, went over all the fancy bells and whistles that cam with these whirly gigs. Once he finally put wrench to bolt, he was surprised at how intuitive it started to become. A few more hard fought lessons like this and they just might tack on 'helicopter engineer' on his reseme.

Tech(Vehicles): 10+4(crit)

After he made sure to properly wipe down his hands of grease and smooth out the wrinkles on his hat, he had the pressing desire to go give one of these beasts a ride himself. It wouldn't be in good form to just take one out for a joyride, but luckily the Joe's provided ample other opportunities for him to test his limits using that fancy smancy simulator thinga-ma-jig.

The hardest part here was trying to figure out how he was supposed to strap into the darn thing, but luckily there was a handy manual for this as well.

Once he'd finally gotten the machine kicked on and the basic flight-training program initiated, away he went. Surprisingly, it felt not all too different then riding his motorbike down the highway- Iffin' you were to ignore the fact this thing could move in all three dimensions, that is. Or was it four dimensions? Whatever the case, he was certainly getting himself some high marks when it came to flying through all the golden hoops. Not the highest though, he noticed. Someone by the tittle of 'Red Hawk' had him beat by a fair margin.

He'd have to ask that Joe for some pointers later on, whenever he'd met the man.

Driving: 9+6(crit)

That over and one with, it was time to get to the real meat and potatoes of it all and hit the range.

As he was going up there, he noticed Ghost Raven making her own way out. Seems he'd just managed to miss her, darn shame there he reckoned. Wouldv'e been peachy keen as evergreen if he could've had someone to play up against. Perhaps there'd be a next time to that endeavor, he was mighty curious to see how she handled herself behind the site of a gun.

When he stepped into the range, he noticed that old gaijin that nearly got him killed all those years back getting ready to take a few pot shots of his own down range. Ken approached the man, casually hanging onto his pockets by his thumbs. "Well well well, now what do we have here?"

Coming up to the stall right next to them, he took out his own double-action and gave the gun a casual spin of it's barrels. "Fancy meeting you here of all times. How about we have ourselves something of a little competition, see how we measure up against one another? I've learned a few tricks over the years I tell you what, no longer green behind the ears or some yellow bellied boot-licker."

Checking the chambers of his gun one more time, he whispered a silent prayer to the Lone Ranger himself, may the legend guide his hand in this critical moment.

Targeting: 12+4(crit)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Relic (Jacob "Jake" Fraser)

Jake bursts out laughing at Ken's comments, "Green I could have seen, but I feel sorry for anybody who thinks you don't have guts for days."

Sure the salaryman he'd all but shanghaied into an adventure had complained and wanted out, but when push came to shove? The man had a level of reckless abandon that made Jake look well adjusted. He'd never forget that car chase as long as he lived.

"Alright, I'm game. How you want to do this?" Jake asked, "Standard target practice? Called shots? Time limit to fire? Just skip the quick draw, I'm willing to admit when I'm beat."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Let's skip the fancy shootin' for now, some ol' fashioned marksmanship should do the trick I reckon." Plus, these weren't the right sorta targets for trick shots. He thinks he might've seen some full-body cutouts of old Cobra infantryman that might do the trick later on though
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Mon May 15, 2023 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Toymaker

As youre working your comm unit chirps as Dial Tone calls in. "Toymaker, hey Buddy can you come up to C&C real quick? need you for an errand."

when you finally make your way to the Command and Control room where Dial Tones monitoring the base as well as keeping tabs on the various missions around the world. He looks up as he sees you and gives a big smile.

"There you are man." he says with a warm smile Dial Tone as it turns out is the other odd duck in the small but widening circle of toymakers friends as he was always a bit of a nerd so having someone who could tech talk and speak technobabble to was a great relief.

He reaches down grabs a case and puts it on the table near him before opening it to reveal five HBT modules. "Hey can you do me a favor and run these down to the team please?" he asks "had to finish calibrating them all they need to do now is lock into their biometrics."

When youve accepted and hes answered any questions you have he directs you to where the new members are working or training and lets you leave with a "Thanks man appreciate it. Hop on back up here when you have the chance."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Sounds good," Jake says, reloading his Mateba, "Six shot, aim for the bullseye."

"Winner buys the drinks," He adds with a smile.
OOC: Shooting Competition with Cowboy Ken: 1d20 19 1d2 2
21 Total
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Now that's good to hear, 'since I'm afraid I forgot my wallet." He happily boasted, before taking six shots in quick succession.

When Relic finished his own shots, Ken said they should call up the targets at the same time. When they finally came up to the front, the results showed for themselves. Ken casually spun his piece on one finger, left hand tucked in his pockets.

19+3
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jake pulls the targets in and lays them side by side.
Honestly they looked almost the same to him.

"Looks like you win. You got a slightly better grouping," Jake said, "Guess that means you're buying."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"What? I thought that winner buys-" He sputters for a momment, as the agreed upon terms come back to him. Ken takes off his hat, and throws it to the ground. "Ah hell, you slick talker!"
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Toymaker
Health 4, Story Points 6
Condition: racking up those bennies

Toymaker smiles awkwardly from under his concealing hood, barely more than his chin and his shining eyes showing up from under it.. "Akh, yes. I can do that." A little bit of a more honest smile, thankful that Dial Tone had found a way to encourage an introduction. Brilliant, but shy except when it came to the areas that he was interested in and then awkwardly overeager in those directions.

The basic technical questions were asked that needed to be asked any time equipment was to be passed out and distrubted. A few more attempts to be social, this small talk thing that he was trying to get better at.

And so it was a trip throught the HQ, this hallway, that elevator, this other hallway- until he reaches the gun range, hearing voices in there.

The gun range

A large man under a hoodie covering most of his face steps out from the sliding doorway with a slight pause. "You are-" thinks a moment, "Cowbuy Ken and Relic, yes?" His slight accent making it a little bit difficult to make out his tone. But while shy and hesitant, he still speaks with a careful warmth. Very reminiscent of the too smart for their own good kid back in school that was told to go make friends. Which well, isn't far from the truth.

"I come with equip-ment. Have you heard of HBT modules? They are for communication among team." He draws out two rather impressive looking personal comms devices, holding them out in each hand.

A further gaze towards the targets, a soft chuckle. "You are very close in skill, very good. Keep challenging each other." A little bit of his tone a little bit of the smart kid asking if he can play too? He'll be good, he promises.
OOC wrote:_: 1D20 (19)+1D2 (2)+1D4 (2)+1D6 (2)+1D8 (6)+1D10 (2)+1D12 (8)+2D8 (5,6=11) Not the prettiest presentation :( So 27 without an upshift, 30 if there is an upshift- pew pew pew
Clarification for later readers: This was the point where the specialization was changed from pistols to integrated weapon systems.
If allowed to take take a turn at playing the game, Toymaker shall take one of the pistols into hand. A slow shift of his wrist from side to side as he carefully callibrates to the little imperfections, a little whrrring and clicking sound as the ankle twists from side to side, click click click.

The pistol rises, turning out towards the target. A moment of consideration before it fires in a machine like efficiency and precision. Curiously though, while extremely accurate and tight placement, all of the shots are upon debilitating but not lethal places. Well, not immediately lethal.
Last edited by Spectrum on Wed May 17, 2023 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Breach
Health 7 Story Points ?

Training area
obstacle course
acrobatics or brawn or athletics Dif 10

Obstacle Course: 1d20+1d4 8 typical
He thought he would start PT with limbering up on the obstacle course. However, it seems it wasn't exactly built with his size in mind as one of the ropes.

"Be careful on it, its due some maintenance." he warns Ghost Raven as he leaves when she arrives.

jetcraft hangar
fix and fuel JUMP packs
tech or driving Dif 5
science or alertness Dif 10

Jump Packs: 1d20+1d6 8

Whilst he understood how to refuel somethings, apparently somebody more competent than him needed to look after the JUMP Packs.

"Dammit, clean up crew needed," he cursed as he spent most of the hour cleaning up some spilt fuel.
Firing range
target practice
Athletics or targeting Dif 10

target practice: 1d20+1d8 22
Whatever it was bothering him earlier, those earlier failures had worked their way out of his system. He came in after it appeared two of the others had been having a shooting competition. Noticing their grouping, he checked his pistol before setting up his own target.

"Not bad," he remarked to them before emptying his clip into the target with a greater degree of tightness on the grouping.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

As the tasks get completed and training drills are done with bumps and bruises and new lessons learned for all. Dial tone comes over the comms.

"Toymaker hey buddy can you do me a favor and meet me in the observatory, Ive got some odd readings here."

"Everyone else do a quick perimeter sweep for me ok?" he says muttering something under his breath that carries over the mic

quick edit because im an idiot who keeps forgetting that others cant read his mind

a perimeter sweep means in this instance a quick run of the entances and escape tunnels to the pit and use securities monitors to check both internal and external sensors

no rolls needed in this moment

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Health: 3 Story Points: 2 Condition: Normal

Ken hadn't quite finished reeling from the man apparently called Toymaker. Either from the fact they looked like some super-robo-android, or the fact their targeting skills completely blew himself, Relic, and even Breach right out of the water.

He shook his head, final pocketing whatever device he'd been given. "Right, right. We'll get ourselves on that lickety split."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jake just grins as Ken tosses his hat, "In my defense? I thought I was going to win."

He nods to Toymaker and takes the communications device, "Thank you."

He turns back to Ken, "Shall we?"

He reloaded his pistol before holstering it and heading out to do the perimeter sweep.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Ghost Raven (Esmerelda Ravenwood)
Health: 4; Story Points: 6
Condition: Normal

As Relic left the range, Esme peeled off the wall beside the door to it and fell into step behind him. “It sounds like you three had fun.” She keyed her communicator. “I’m on it, Sergeant.” She clicked off. “Next time, we do it with rifles. And I show all of you what world class shooting really looks like.” She flashed a smirk, and then split from him to help perform the perimeter sweep.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
The Phoenixverse 3E Conversions
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Toymaker
Health 4, Story Points 6g+1p
Condition: racking up those bennies

The odd man frowned at the reaction was not what was anticipated. There had been comraderie before he made his attempt. His successful attempt. Now, there was a sense of sourness in the group? He would need to ask for advice later on.

"I will buy drinks, yes?"
Dial tone wrote:"Toymaker hey buddy can you do me a favor and meet me in the observatory, Ive got some odd readings here."
"Yes, will begin that way. Can you send perliminary data to my HBT?" After all, it was a rather long travel time between the various hallways and elevators of the hive like installation. But he liked being called buddy. Though when he saw those old movies he had some doubts about the value of the word- Buuuddeee. *twitch* Some humorists were simply beyond his comprehension.

"What is projected threat level? Should New Joes go by armory?" after all, if the others were going to do a perimeter sweep, perhaps they should just be doing it in their BDUs and relatively unarmed.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.