GI Joe Strike Force Alpha IC thread: Part 2 the Emerald Oubliette

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: GI Joe Strike Force Alpha IC thread: Welcome to the PIT

Post by Arkrite »

Relic (Jacob "Jake" Fraser)
Health: 3 Story Points: 0 Condition: Normal

"Yeah, well, it's a small world for such a big world," He smiles, "And in my defense, last time I saw you? You were full on salary man. Wouldn't have expected you to go native."
EternalPhoenix wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:53 pm “You say that like outshooting you is some kind of accomplishment, Mister Frasier.”
"You keep call me mister and I'm calling you 'kid'," He says with a chuckle.
Shock wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 am "So you bunch know each other? Am I the odd man out?"
"Me and Ken go way back. Had ourselves one hell of an adventure," He shakes his head, remembering fearing for his life as the salary man with no driver's license drove the escape vehicle while they fled armed criminals, "As for Esmerelda? I just to work with her old man."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cowboy Ken (Mizuki Kenshiro)
Health: 3 ; Story Points:
Condition: Normal

The man scoffed, "You had an adventure, I was just trying my darndest to stay alive."

Almost absently he took out his sidearm- safety on -and twirled it in his left hand. After two rotations he stopped, and started to disassemble and clean it right then and there. "'Course if it weren't for you, I'd still be pushing pencils rather than rooting out snakes. Suppose I've gotta thank y'fer giving me that much."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Ghost Raven (Esmerelda Ravenwood)
Health: 4; Story Points: 6
Arkrite wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:03 am "You keep call me mister and I'm calling you 'kid'," He says with a chuckle.
Esme opened one eye. "Oh, so it's Jake now? The perks of growing up never end. But call me kid or Esmerelda again and I might have to shoot you." She was, of course, still teasing as an amused smirk formed on her face. "Esme, please. Ghost Raven or GR if we're in the field."
Shock wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 am "So you bunch know each other? Am I the odd man out?"
Arkrite wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:03 am"Me and Ken go way back. Had ourselves one hell of an adventure," He shakes his head, remembering fearing for his life as the salary man with no driver's license drove the escape vehicle while they fled armed criminals, "As for Esmerelda? I just to work with her old man."
She opened the other eye. "Come on, Jake. Just my father's old work colleague?" Her smirk turned impish. "After we slept together?" She laughed at everyone's sudden expressions. "I'm being literal. He just said earlier that I could outshoot him when I was ten. My father was...negotiating...with some locals in the Yucatan. I fell asleep listening to his heartbeat. It would have been very romantic, except that I was seven at the time. Jake was stuck babysitting. I think he owed my father a favor." She chuckled. "But no, the rest of you I've never met."
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Thank your lucky stars she cleared that up right quick," Ken half-joked half-threatened, loudly clicking a part of his gun. "Still, that's plum adorable."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jake winces at the story.

Her heart was in the right place but that was certainly not the best way of telling that story. The way she told it being passed around a military group? Any misunderstandings there and he'd be lucky if he was only shot.

A thought crossed his mind and he pulled his rucksack over and started digging through it.

"She was such a sweet child, then she hit the terrible teens and suddenly I was only welcome to talk to her when I brought ammo for her favorite gun," He sighed dramatically, "And now she's going to get me lynched by the military."

He shakes his head, "They grow up so quickly."

He pulls out a small carboard box of ammo that's seen a lot of wear and tear, having spent a long time in his bag, and holds it out for Esmerelda.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Breach
Health: 7 ; Story Points: ?

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:05 am Climbing into the car, his attention was drawn by that north-westerner (or south westerner? Australian?) fellow with his singing. May not have won any awards, but it sure to did get the soul stirred up something special. "Crime shame that I forgota bring my harp, could've livened things up real nice. And ye, suppose it really does there." Directing his last words to the other man.
Breach stopped singing and wondered whether a harp had been used. He leaned his head to one side before expressing his opinion.

"Its more violin, cello with keyboard music from what I saw when they did it live. Harps are more for the classical folk music, rather than more modern styling."
Shock wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 am Warsaw(Albert Anders)

"So you bunch know each other? Am I the odd man out?"
He leaned back into the seat and heard a familiar groaning noise as he did so.

"Never met any of you before today. Judging by the information on your pasts that you're sharing, I don't think there was any likelihood of you running into whom I worked for before." He left the comment hanging there, wondering how many of them were confused enough to think he was American or Canadian, Australian and Jamaican that one guy had thought.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ken paused for a moment, before slapping a hand to his forehead. "Pardon, that's just what my friends and I call those lil' mouth organs. Harmonicas, if you catch my drift."
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone except Toymaker

The drive takes another 30 minutes as you converse amongst yourselves getting to know each other better and sharing stories as you see fit. its safe to say that a reasonable respect for each other's skills has been established. Dial Tone who by this point has put on a bit of Classic rock and let it play over the APCs speaker system also throws some conversation your way from the front and directs you to a small fridge built into the APCs side which has some water and easy to eat healthy snacks.

A short period later Dial Tones voice comes over the speaker interrupting a catchy song. "Hey Team were here, hang on a sec and well get you out." he sounds cheerful and shortly after the vehicle comes to a halt.

Mere moments later the back door to the APC clangs open and Dial Tone is standing there but the smile is gone from his face and is replaced with a look of concern.

"Welcome to the Pit folks." He says with a genuine smile "Somethings come up. lets get your gear and ill explain as we go."

==ooOoo==

Toymaker

the work on the observatory seems to have taken a bit longer than anticipated but you complete it in due course and the system whirrs to life as it begins cataloguing multiple anomalies as its intended to do so. the PITs system beeps an alert of an incoming APC which must be Dial Tone and the new recruits.

Onward and forward we go.

welcome to the PIT hop out an take a look around

toymaker has completed the task and may come say hello or do as you will

Story Points 6
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jake shoulders his rucksack and eases himself out of the APC.

"Sounds ominous," he says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Best be moving along on over there then." Ken commented, picking up his- briefcase?
------------
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Ghost Raven (Esmerelda Ravenwood)
Health: 4; Story Points: 6

Esme changed gears on a dime. Gone was the young woman with perhaps a bit too trigger happy of a mouth. Though, granted, the reunion with an old associate had probably not helped with that. Embarrassing, but shelved for now. This was the Ranger. “On it.” She grabbed her bags quickly and efficiently. If a veteran Joe was concerned, something was wrong. “Sitrep? Or do we not know yet?”
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Toymaker
Health 4, Story Points 6
Condition: racking up those bennies

"Sitrep? Or do we not know yet?”

A voice comes through the personal comm systems as the team disembarks. A lot of static on the line, perhaps not the best of connections.

"Hello new Joes. Yes, yes." coughs, "Yo Joe indeed!"

"This is Toymaker, up in the Observatory. I look forward to meeting you all soon."

Another chirp, directly to DialTone. "Sir, would you prefer me to wait here or meet you somewhere?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Breach
Health: 7 ; Story Points: ?

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:08 pm Ken paused for a moment, before slapping a hand to his forehead. "Pardon, that's just what my friends and I call those lil' mouth organs. Harmonicas, if you catch my drift."
Breach nodded as Ken explained.

"Yeah, those they'll use."

The PIT[/u]

catsi563 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:39 am Mere moments later the back door to the APC clangs open and Dial Tone is standing there but the smile is gone from his face and is replaced with a look of concern.

"Welcome to the Pit folks." He says with a genuine smile "Somethings come up. lets get your gear and ill explain as we go."

Not good he thought, can't see any sign of any other Joes.

He picks up his bag and jumps down from the APC, keeping his eyes alert around them.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warsaw(Albert Anders)
Health: 4 ; Story Points: 0

Albert briefly wondered if this "something" was some kind of initiation or test. It was either that or this kind of thing was SOP for the GI Joe team. But without evidence either way there was no use speculating on it. And anyway Dial-Tone didn't look too concerned so it wasn't likely to be an existential crisis.

"Lead the way."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

You all join Dial Tone as he walks away from the APC you get a view of the cavernous motor pool of the PIT. an enormous area the size of at least two football fields where several vehicles are parked and other spaces open where due to the fading smell of exhaust you can tell several vehicles recently left.

Still there's an impressive display of firepower sitting in the bay a couple more APCs, some VAMPS, a couple of AWE strikers, A wolverine, at least one you would presume an upgraded MOBAT and one that looks like an upgraded version of a MAULER only more advanced. Several RAMs and more. As well as the facilities to repair, maintain and upgrade the vehicles as needed. above you on the high ceiling are multiple lights and the ventilation shafts that ensure the motor pool isn't filled with toxic fumes. And far from where you are on the other side visible in the lighting of the motor pool are the massive hydraulic arms and machinery that can lift the vehicles to level with the hidden entrance to PIT as well as the smaller side entrances you came in through.

As you walk Dial Tone fields your responses and questions with a relaxed attitude which puts you at ease for the most part.
"Sounds ominous," he says.
"Not as bad as it sounds, a bit unusual but not the first time either." he responds easily.
"Lead the way."
“Sitrep? Or do we not know yet?”
"Yeah, we know, here we go." he says as he brings you up to a pair of double doors which open to a wide enough corridor for a dozen people Breach's size to comfortable stand shoulder to shoulder in. He leads you down this corridor to the elevators where the doors open after he puts his hand on a biometric scanner. which scans him and then pings as it opens the doors allowing you all in.

As you ride the elevator up there is another ping as the comms systems activate and a voice comes over it
"Hello new Joes. Yes, yes." coughs, "Yo Joe indeed!"

"This is Toymaker, up in the Observatory. I look forward to meeting you all soon."
"There he is." Dial tone says "Was wondering who else was left." his own comms squawk
Another chirp, directly to Dial Tone. "Sir, would you prefer me to wait here or meet you somewhere?"
"Yeah, come on down buddy if you're done, Good chance to meet the new folks." he says easily "We're heading for the barracks so they can stow their gear then well give them the nickel tour."

The elevators ping open and he leads you again down a large corridor where several side doors lead to as the signs designate the cafeteria, a bright neon signed area called the PIT Stop, the Gym, a PX, the medical bay, and lastly an open area surrounded by at least 3 floors worth of doors that has the signs Barracks where someone has jokingly painted home sweet home under the sign.

"All right folks here we are." he hands everyone some cards each one has the GI Joe mark stylized on it and is a vibrant blue and grey with a small gold square on it. "These are your ID cards they're bio locked to each of you, just place your thumbs on the gold badge and it'll do the rest." he explains.

"That card is your ID, as well as an access key to all facilities in the PIT and can be used as ID access to any military base in the US and allied territories. So goes without saying don't lose it."

he hands the cards to each of you and the moment you put your thumb on the gold mark you feel an almost uncomfortable warmness as the micro scanner scans your biometrics and DNA locks itself to you each individually.

Dial tone nods approvingly as you do this then says a few numbers as he points to the three floors worth of doors. "Go ahead and stow your gear, apartments are all cozy plenty of room even for the plus sized among us." he says in good humor as he gives Breach a good eyeful. "And can be "tastefully" decorated to your liking. Just make sure you keep the place clean or Beachhead our resident pain in the rear will have you cleaning it with a toothbrush..." he adds "with no bristles."

"Grab your uniforms and when you're done come on down and well begin the tour, and get to work."

brief moment to ask questions and meet toymaker then he begins the tour'

Story points 6
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories