GI Joe Strike Force Alpha OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: GI Joe Strike Force Alpha OOC thread

Post by catsi563 »

there we go.

ok i believe i covered everything but to give an example

Esmes gear includes the following
Remington M40A9X Sniper Rifle (Targeting D8, D12 if more than 30 feet away, Req Alertness D6)
Range: 375/1200Ft (Min 30ft), 1 sharp damage, Alt: 2 sharp damage -1 down, 3 Sharp damage -3 down)
Hands: 2
Traits: Ballistic, Auto-Mounted**, Reload, Sniper, Smart Scope, Computerized
No penalties for firing in darkness
** no tripod or mount needed but must use at least one free action to brace
Tactical Armor Light armor (+1 toughness) Deflective, Silent, Stealth
Digital Ghillie suit: +1 Up on infiltration stealth checks

So esmes rifle as in the above is actually a prototype weapon thanks to the smart scope upgrade. ie a limited weapon with a standard upgrade (the scope) and its automount feature (restricted), and the automated function (restricted) which makes it computerized, and the smart scope which is a prototype weapon. normally shed need to make a Dif 20 targeting check to access this weapon before a mission

her armor is also restricted thanks to the digital ghillie suit so shed need to make a stealth test Dif 15 to access it

So Esme in THIS case CANNOT have these two weapons as is

however IN THIS CASE

She can have the Sniper rifle like this
Remington M40A9X Sniper Rifle (Targeting D8, D12 if more than 30 feet away, Req Alertness D6)
Range: 375/1200Ft (Min 30ft), 1 sharp damage, Alt: 2 sharp damage -1 down, 3 Sharp damage -3 down)
Traits: Ballistic, Reload, Sniper, scoped, Mounted must brace as a move action
this is a limited weapon with a free limited upgrade the brace and the scope

in her armors case it would look like this
Tactical Armor Light armor (+1 toughness) Deflective, Silent
keep in mind each person can carry 6 hands worth of equipment

SO in jakes case he could replace the socom with his mateba and thanks to his training success get his Khopesh then add a rifle or shotgun for 4 hands worth of equipment then add 2 hands more such as a knife and 1 grenade or 2 grenades

Ken could roll up the standard gear or even add a second six shooter for a double gun pair and with his success could add a fast draw feature letting him draw and fire in a single turn as a standard action

again I believe that covers everything anyone have any questions let me know ok
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:47 am Lotta info to take in at once, there.

>Combat Knife
>The pistol
>Ken does not pick up a rifle or shotgun (He won't ever)
>Ken will not pick up grenades (Seriously ain't his style)
>Tactical Armor

What thing can I get for the pistol, and could I instead trade in my rifle/shotgun requisition option for a second?

I and everyone else also seem to have a second upgrade option, not sure what all would be good to get. Might bug Ark about it.

Also, I seriously doubt I'll be flying while we're crawling around in the tunnels, hah.
Ok so Ken could do something like this

Joe K1 Combat and utility knife (Finesse or Might)
Range: Reach, 20/30 thrown Req targeting D4, Sharp 1
Hands: 1
Traits: Sharp, Martial arts, Silent

2x Colt revolver action 45 Pistol (Targeting)
Range: 25/80, 1 Sharp damage
Hand: 1
Traits: Ballistic, Fast draw grip +1 u[ on initiative to fast draw only
May draw and fire one shot and re-holster as one standard action.

this means he may pull a high noon no worries get a shot off and reholster in one standard action

if he fires more than one shot he cant reholster and is subject to normal combat rules, also if he draws both weapons he cant fast draw and is subject to normal weapons rules
Also, I seriously doubt I'll be flying while we're crawling around in the tunnels,
not in the tunnels but this things far from over ;)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Unless someone else has a better configuration idea for Ken, I'll go along with that set-up.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

A shotgun wouldnt be out of the question for Ken either by the way classic hand cannon

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Quick aside everyone should rendezvouz as a team in Environ controls its on the way for toymaker and which ever teamate volunteers to buddy him, and the other 4 start there before heading down

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:09 am Unless someone else has a better configuration idea for Ken, I'll go along with that set-up.
by the way Cowboy ;)

found this :lol:

Kens Lasso (Athletics (Rodeo) +1D2)
Range: Reach X3, Maneuver, alt effect intimidating
Traits: Martial Arts, Silent, Balanced grip

Cant get it this time around because its restricted but next time :D

and yes a whip falls under the same category for those old fart archaeologists among us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catsi stories
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

catsi563 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:49 am there we go.

ok i believe i covered everything but to give an example

Esmes gear includes the following
Traits: Ballistic, Auto-Mounted**, Reload, Sniper, Smart Scope, Computerized
Tactical Armor Light armor (+1 toughness) Deflective, Silent, Stealth
Digital Ghillie suit: +1 Up on infiltration stealth checks

So esmes rifle as in the above is actually a prototype weapon thanks to the smart scope upgrade. ie a limited weapon with a standard upgrade (the scope) and its automount feature (restricted), and the automated function (restricted) which makes it computerized, and the smart scope which is a prototype weapon. normally shed need to make a Dif 20 targeting check to access this weapon before a mission

her armor is also restricted thanks to the digital ghillie suit so shed need to make a stealth test Dif 15 to access it

So Esme in THIS case CANNOT have these two weapons as is

however IN THIS CASE

She can have the Sniper rifle like this
Traits: Ballistic, Reload, Sniper, scoped, Mounted must brace as a move action
this is a limited weapon with a free limited upgrade the brace and the scope

in her armors case it would look like this
Tactical Armor Light armor (+1 toughness) Deflective, Silent
So I understand properly. This vvv
Focus Perks (Sniper)
Spotters Scope (speed +1, -Alertness is speed skill, Targeting skill Qualified Sniper Weapons, Gain access to Limited Sniper weapon and limited upgrade for it)
Is of no help whatsoever with the rifle due to special circumstances?
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Actually, it can be used for you

theres a decent list of various limited upgrades and standard upgrades

what you might consider is either the

Piercing upgrade which lets your rifle become armor piercing, ignoring the deflective bonus for armor

or the deadly trait which gives you +1 damage on a hit

theres others like taser bullets or cryo or pyro and so on but the above would work nicely for now

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, I'll just got with the Mateba, Kopesh, shotgun, frag and concussion grenade.
Tactical armor is the best choice due to anything else interfering with my abilities.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I read through that a couple of times and still don't know how to perform a Requisition roll or what is available when I make one. So I'll just take a rifle, couple grenades and I guess I can use Medium armor.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:24 pm I read through that a couple of times and still don't know how to perform a Requisition roll or what is available when I make one. So I'll just take a rifle, couple grenades and I guess I can use Medium armor.
Ok so basically it works like this

theres several levels of gear standard limited restricted prototype theoretical and unique

each of these has a difficulty number attached to them

and there are several types of gear

Qualified ie gear your trained in such as in warsaws case

Light + Medium Amror
Grenades, Ballistic weapons + explosives

personal gear

mission critical items

so personal gear are things like Mutts dog order or snake eyes mask you dont have to make any check for those they come automatically but may not be replaced by the team if lost on a mission

mission critical items you also dont have to roll for those are items given for a mission such as climbing gear for a mission on a mountain side or a sharc for a deep sea mission, you generally are supposed to return such in good condition

what counts here is the rest

So as example Esmes sniper rifle. is something shed had to requisition before each mission

so esme wants her normal sniper rifle it looks like this

Traits: Ballistic, Mounted, Reload, Sniper, scope

this is the normal sniper rifle which is a limited piece of gear

what this means is first esme has to show shes qualified which she is,

then she has to show she can use it properly which means she needs to make a diff 10 targeting check which she can do easilly so the quartermaster says you got it here it is

now if she wants to take that rifle and upgrade it to include some extra stuff like a computerized scope and sniper mount this is a whole new ball game

Traits: Ballistic, auto-mount**, Reload, Sniper, Smart Scope, Computerized

so this version has two upgrades

the smart scope which is a prototypical upgrade

the automount which is a restricted upgrade

so a limited weapon + a restricted upgrade becomes a prototypical weapon if you add a prototypical upgrade to that it becoems a theoretical weapon

A theortetical weapon is very difficult to obtain so Esme must make a Diff 30 targeting check to obtain this weapons not impossible but very difficult

In Alberts case the standard load out IN THIS INSTANCE is all he can take

BUT thanks to Relics work he can get a suit of UP to standard medium armor

So alberts loadout for this mission could look like this

Socom AT 45 Pistol (Targeting)
Range: 25/80, 1 Sharp damage
Hand: 1
Traits: Ballistic

AT 20 Joe Rifle (Targeting)
Range: 60/100, 1 Sharp damage, (2 Sharp damage -2 down)
Traits: Ballistic, Reload

Joe K1 Combat and utility knife (Finesse or Might)
Range: Reach, 20/30 thrown Req targeting D4, Sharp 1
Hands: 1
Traits: Sharp, Martial arts, Silent

2 grenades

Ballistic Armor Medium armor +2 toughness deflective

also later on as we play more if Albert comes to like a particular weapon lets say a special version of his joe rifle he can get one of the armorers to work on it in their offtime, if they do this successfully then they can make it personal gear which is always given to them

examples would be Scarlets Crossbow or Roadblocks M2 Browning or snake eyes sword.

team examples eventually jakes Khopesh and Mateba could be personal weapons as could Kens six shooters pretty quickly

Esmes Advanced Sniper rifle could eventually be a personal weapon if she can make a few targeting tests to help upgrade it

breachs marauder armor is normally a restricted armor which means hed have to make a diff 15 athletics or might test to get it or more if he upgrades it with various upgrades but if he makes enough of them it might become personal gear

So to close

Any rifle or pistol or such weapon would likely require a targeting skill check
any melee weapon sword or whip or such would require either finesse or might check
any armor that gives toughness would be an athletics or might check'
any armor that gives evasion would be an acrobatics or finesse check

if you make the check you get the item, fail the check you cant get it at that time

each teammate gives the team 3 chances to make such a roll so in our teams case you get up to 18 chances as needed for the WHOLE team so may have to be cautious

and the as the GM i can choose if a critical success on the check doesnt use an attempt

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

And you have to do this before every mission? So Esme could qualify for the Sniper Rifle this mission but next time she gets denied?

That's bizarre.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Do you want the requestion rolls here or on the IC thread?

requisition Marauder Armour target 15: 1d20+1d8 21
Would the free upgrade apply to the Marauder armour or just to the standard battle dress?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

requisition Marauder Armour target 15: 1d20+1d8 21
Would the free upgrade apply to the Marauder armour or just to the standard battle dress?
Ok so theres no rolls for this go around because of the set up for the mission which is basic equipment unless you made certain rolls which Jake did which gives access to standard battledress

So the free upgrade from jake would apply to the standard battledress in this case

So in this case Breach could access the Hard Body armor +3 toughness and add a softshell upgrade for an additonal +1 toughness for a +4 total all free

Corrigon wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:03 pm Do you want the requestion rolls here or on the IC thread?

for future rolls what im thinking is in the IC thread add a quote blurb at the bottom with the rolls and the requested equipment

so look something like this maybe

Breach
health 3 personal story points 1
condition fine

Breach grabbed the shotgun and the heaviest armor he could find and began to dress for the mission while the Quartermaster packed his stuff

breach will go for the marauder armor and the shotgun with Slug ammo

breach rolls 21 for the athletics check for the armor success

breach rolls 15 for the shotgun success
I figure that keeps us consistent and if we need rerolls or if theres questions we can do them here

Catsi stories
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Per discussion with catsi:
I was thinking of staying on the simpler side:
the X-Arc (standard drone)w/ machine gun
Impulse armor
close combat bludgeon
pistol
rifle+scope
two (concussion) grendades+timebomb
tactical backpack
standard medicine kit

Given the size of the equipment section, I think that we need to look at picking up every option that we can use and not leave anything on the table.

Edit: 5/23 per Catsi
Taser Baton (might)
Range: reach, 1 electric damage, alt Intimidating
hands: 1
computerized element reload

basically a snapbaton with a cattleprods sting
Last edited by Spectrum on Tue May 23, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.