Avatar Legends: Ash & Steel [OOC thread]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Avatar Legends: Ash & Steel [OOC thread]

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

For what it's worth, that IC post is a perfect set up for what I had in mind!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid, please take one Fatigue off for all the exertions, but your center and Balance are reset to 1 towards Community.

I hope you all enjoyed Minnow being a one woman storm of chaos. xD
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I thought it was amazing! Yin would be... less thrilled (though reluctantly impressed). :)
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I liked it, thank you. I definitely thought steam/fog bending should be a thing and modelled Minnow's sudden disappearance move from it. I can only imagine how the Fire Nation would respond to reports of a multi-person, multi-bending guerrilla strike force out there. Luckily there are no Airbenders around so it couldn't be tied to us. :: whistles innocently ::

Would the next town be a new scene? Should we do advancement questions?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:21 pm I liked it, thank you. I definitely thought steam/fog bending should be a thing and modelled Minnow's sudden disappearance move from it. I can only imagine how the Fire Nation would respond to reports of a multi-person, multi-bending guerrilla strike force out there. Luckily there are no Airbenders around so it couldn't be tied to us. :: whistles innocently ::

Would the next town be a new scene? Should we do advancement questions?
I thought about fog, but figured there wasn't enough water present for it, or at least, not enough to like, roll over the camp with it, so I worked the steam and airbending bit instead. :)

My first planned Advancement is after this town actually! But it certainly would be a new scene as the locale changes. I'll post up the transition after work (and give you guys some time to comment on what happened there, if Minnow explains herself or anything :P)

Vivid, just remember, you should have 2 marked Fatigue at this point. One for resisting Li's pushing you back towards center, enabling the lost balance, and one for the exertions of your lost balance antics.

Oh, actually, thinking clearly, Yin DOES get an advancement. Elders advance differently than other playbooks, since it's based on their protege's shifting their center towards the Principle listed. Yin chose community when she took on Minnow, so Minnow shifting her center means Yin removes Minnow as a protege (at least for now), but gets an advancement right away.
Last edited by Gunmetal_Rainbow on Wed May 31, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

but, fatigue and conditions go away after a person changes their center, don't they? the fatigue for resisting Li's countershift was spent before the 'go over the edge' applied, wasn't it?

I'll go with however you call it though.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:30 pm but, fatigue and conditions go away after a person changes their center. the fatigue for resisting Li's countershift was spent before the 'go over the edge' applied, wasn't it?

I'll go with however you call it though.
I don't recall that, but I'll double check that on my break. :)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ah, okay, here it is.

"Afterward, when you've had time to recover and recenter yourself, shift your center one step towards-" ~snip~

So yes, you do get to clear your conditions and fatigue, but once you've had a chance to recover and recenter, which can happen before you reach town. So, for this moment until the transition, you're still "off balance" with 2 fatigue marked, but we'll be transitioning shortly, so, it's semantics at this point. Should be fine for you to clear everything.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Flynn, did you wanna roll Guide and Comfort on that for Minnow and use your Wisdom of the Ages to mark her as a Protege again? You can Guide and Comfort Li as well if you wanted. Playing mediator is a good opportunity to get both of them in, though you do have to shift towards Experience for each, which would put you on the edge.

You don't have to if you don't want to right now. Not everything you do needs to be a move. Even if it seems like a move. (Like in this case, it could be guide and comfort, but if you're not actually aiming for any kind of outcome, a move isn't necessary)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You know, somehow, one of my first thoughts reading that scene with Minnow was "I sure hope we don't start getting chased by Zuko thinking one of us is the avatar."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:29 am You know, somehow, one of my first thoughts reading that scene with Minnow was "I sure hope we don't start getting chased by Zuko thinking one of us is the avatar."
You're too far north for that. ;) But he *is* out there looking for the Avatar!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:00 pm Flynn, did you wanna roll Guide and Comfort on that for Minnow and use your Wisdom of the Ages to mark her as a Protege again? You can Guide and Comfort Li as well if you wanted. Playing mediator is a good opportunity to get both of them in, though you do have to shift towards Experience for each, which would put you on the edge.

You don't have to if you don't want to right now. Not everything you do needs to be a move. Even if it seems like a move. (Like in this case, it could be guide and comfort, but if you're not actually aiming for any kind of outcome, a move isn't necessary)
I was aiming for a question
Guide and comfort on Minnow
Comfort: 2D6+3 = [1, 3]+3 = 7
success. Minnow can either accept or deny.

I will write up going to Li also. I’ll pre-empt a Harmony for that.
Harmony: 2D6+3 = [6, 5]+3 = 14
Gunmetal_Rainbow

That 14 is a great success, so Li accepts the guidance, so you can ask your question here, and shift his balance. He doesn't have any fatigue or conditions to clear, so that's all good.

We can see what Vivid wants to do for Minnow.

Not sure what you mean by "pre-empt a harmony" though. >_>
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ask away, and he'll give his answer in his own way that she'll suss out.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Just meant I was also going to Guide and comfort Li afterwards, depending on how the interaction with Minnow goes (that was a 7, so IF she accepts Yin will ask a question of her). Just waiting to see what Minnow does. But I pre-rolled the Harmony (for guide and comfort) on Li, just to have that done.