A DC/Marvel Question

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
act

A DC/Marvel Question

Post by act »

I Have a question:How can i create a DC/Marvel crossover Role-playing game,and the system for it?
Ken

Re: A DC/Marvel Question

Post by Ken »

If you're asking about system, I'm going to work with the idea you mean "campaign".

In no particular order:
- Decide if you want a shared world or a situation where there's a DC world and a Marvel world and heroes move back and forth across
- Figure out which era(s) you want to use; you may want to tailor this to your player group's tastes.
- Find out which heroes your players would want to play.

As far as deciding on which system, I'd recommend balancing your players' tastes in RPGs against which systems can you find write-ups of the characters you need. There's also the factor of which systems you're comfortable running.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
act

Post by act »

Ken wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:24 pm If you're asking about system, I'm going to work with the idea you mean "campaign".

In no particular order:
- Decide if you want a shared world or a situation where there's a DC world and a Marvel world and heroes move back and forth across
- Figure out which era(s) you want to use; you may want to tailor this to your player group's tastes.
- Find out which heroes your players would want to play.

As far as deciding on which system, I'd recommend balancing your players' tastes in RPGs against which systems can you find write-ups of the characters you need. There's also the factor of which systems you're comfortable running.
Thanks for the advice.,Here is the system i am asking about:The MEGS System.
I Want a situation where there's a DC World and a Marvel world and heroes move back and forth across!
The eras i want to use are the golden age,the silver age,the bronze age,and the present day!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

When I made my homemade DC/Marvel mashup, I wrote myself a list of twenty-five heroes from both companies that I wanted to include and a list of fifty villains from each. That way I could write-up a loose timeline for the setting, establish a couple of super-teams, and have a good pool of baddies to draw from… without getting lost in the weeds of the 24,601,654,321 different canon characters exist in each setting.

Sadly, most of what I had written for the setting went *poof* with the old Green Ronin board.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
act

Post by act »

wow,that is so cool
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

act wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:38 pm Thanks for the advice.,Here is the system i am asking about:The MEGS System.
I Want a situation where there's a DC World and a Marvel world and heroes move back and forth across!
The eras i want to use are the golden age,the silver age,the bronze age,and the present day!
so take the system I have posted for making DC MEGS to Marvel FASERIP characters and reverse it?
It works pretty well. Made a few MEGS marvel conversions back in the day but mainly stay with the CMSH system as I think it's more versitile.

The conversion system should be down a bit on the first page.
http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 496#p30496
act

Post by act »

thanks for your help,guys
act

Post by act »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:45 pm When I made my homemade DC/Marvel mashup, I wrote myself a list of twenty-five heroes from both companies that I wanted to include and a list of fifty villains from each. That way I could write-up a loose timeline for the setting, establish a couple of super-teams, and have a good pool of baddies to draw from… without getting lost in the weeds of the 24,601,654,321 different canon characters exist in each setting.

Sadly, most of what I had written for the setting went *poof* with the old Green Ronin board.
Cool,i should be able to do that,but how can i create the sysytem for it?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

act wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:28 pm Cool,i should be able to do that,but how can i create the sysytem for it?
Well… I suppose the first question is why do you feel the need to create a new system? There are dozens of different superhero RPG systems already on the market.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
act

Post by act »

yeah,you are right about that.,i should use a different super hero RPG System
Ken

Post by Ken »

act wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:38 pm Thanks for the advice.,Here is the system i am asking about:The MEGS System.
Batgirl III wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:47 pm
act wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:28 pm Cool,i should be able to do that,but how can i create the sysytem for it?
Well… I suppose the first question is why do you feel the need to create a new system? There are dozens of different superhero RPG systems already on the market.
act wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:55 pm yeah,you are right about that.,i should use a different super hero RPG System
You seem to flip-flop between using MEGS and creating your own system. If you were already planning on using MEGS, what did you think you needed to create?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
act

Post by act »

Ken wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:20 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:47 pm
act wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:55 pm yeah,you are right about that.,i should use a different super hero RPG System
You seem to flip-flop between using MEGS and creating your own system. If you were already planning on using MEGS, what did you think you needed to create?
You make a very good point.I think I should use hideouts and hoodlums instead.thank you very much for pointing that out to me.