Unmasked: A Tale Of The Sunstorm.

For those who have a way with words.
Shadowmask

Unmasked: A Tale Of The Sunstorm.

Post by Shadowmask »

---Part of the recorded audio transcript from the Senate Subcommittee Investigation hearings in Washington DC on the aftereffects of the celestial event now widely known across the U.S. as The Sunstorm. Dated 6 days before the Massacre at the FBI Building. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY!!! Security clearance level designation: Alpha.---

"State your full name for the committee." ---Voice identified: The senator from Nebraska appointed as chairman.---

"Helena Giovanna Paladino."

Chairman: "And your occupation?"

Paladino: "A member of the Chicago Police Department."

"What are your err…powers exactly, Miss Paladino?" ---Voice identified: Senator from New Jersey.---

Paladino: "I can manipulate gravity though it's rather limited in range. Currently I have to actually physically touch objects in order to affect them."

"By objects, i am assuming this includes people?" ---Voice identified: Senator from Mississippi.---

Paladino: "Of course. Didn't i just say that? Jerk."

---Sounds of angry mumbling from among the crowd and the committee; apparently not pleased with the response regarded as "flippant". Outburst continued for a length of 15 seconds...---

Chairman: "ORDER! ORDER! Smart people i like, Officer Paladino. Smart Asses i don't like. You are almost becoming charged with contempt of court if you continue with the attitude. Now for the matter at hand. What are exactly your feelings towards your kind…?

Certainly there are those here today who wonder what are your motives for publicly revealing your abilities to this country as well as the world…"

Paladino: "Sunstormers are not a separate species. We are humans with different ethnicities, religions and political allegiances. It's our bad luck to be given these superpowers.

Unfortunately being human, sunstormers now have the means and the excuse to push their own ideologies toward those who have no choice but to listen and agree in fear. The sunstormers believe that human laws do not and should not apply to them.

I am here today to prove them wrong. As there are no other sunstormer in this room presenting their side, preferring to hide within the internet like the gutless trolls that they truly are instead of appearing here before the Senate personally.

I rest my case."

Chairman: "Would you be willing to submit yourself as a blood and dna donor if asked by the Department of Health and various selected universities in the country in order to perform genotype-phenotype correlation studies, examination in mutation potential and other types of studies that improve our understanding of the molecular and clinical spectrum of genetics in sunstormers? You have the right to refuse."

Paladino: "By all means. Do it."

Chairman: "This committee will adjourn until tomorrow morning."

---End of Transcript.....---