[IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: [IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by Miracle »

Seven Singh

Quiet observation was Seven's modus at the moment. Her colleagues seemed to be asking the general questions quite nicely. Creepy movies and the boyfriend aside, the parents were right to be worried about their child. Pecking at her phone for a moment, she did a quick social media search of the names. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. All for names matching Nora de Santos and Manuel. She was sure it was most likely covered in the information in the folder, but hey, new leads. Even if it was about a day.
Last edited by Miracle on Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne Ominous

Anne looks out the window to see if she can read Manuel. (She will say to the father, "Is that Manuel?" if there's more than one person on a porch out the window.)

Mind reading probe: 1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Princess Fedora

Aparecida leaned in and looked Camila in the eye.
"It may turn out that this was premature, but sometimes you have to trust your intuition. I think we have all of the information we need so far. We're going to talk to Manuel, and then pursue a few leads that have turned up." She gives a slightly staged surreptitious glance at the rest of the team, obviously all special individuals of one sort or another. "If anything comes up, and I mean anything you think may be significant, even if it's a bad dream or a sudden feeling that she's down at the docks, call the number here," she says, handing over an NPC Investigations business card with her extension on it. "If I'm not available, this should direct you to an answering service where they can determine if someone else can help you, and then to send me a message.

She places one hand on Camila's shoulder, catches her eye, and then Jorge's.
"As a parent myself, I know how frightening this is, but we have a reputation for getting things fixed, so you can put your trust in us. We're a bit weird, I know, but it's the good kind of weird." She gives a deprecating half smile.

She looks up at the rest of the team. "Sorry, didn't mean to speak for everyone else, but I want to get on this while the trail is still warm. Anything else we need to know?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne

"We should search Nora's room," Anne says. "Did she have a diary? Or a hidden diary? Such a document might provide valuable information."
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Cecil Mortlake

"I agree, it would be of great use if we would be able to take a look at your daughter's room," Cecil added.

"We'll be respectful, of course, to her belongings. But as my colleague says, it might tell us something important. Even a small thing could reveal quite good deal."
Current Setting Projects:
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Seven did find an Instagram account that apparently belonged to Mira, as it had a photo from New Year’s Eve. A picture of a teenage boy with his arm around a teenage girl. Both smiling, disposable cups in hand. Both Hispanic. The caption was something similar to “having a great time with my best friend Nora and her bf Manuel at #NYE!”

Camila and Jorge smiled at the reassurance from, and the former got up from the couch again. “Yes, I will show you to her room. I do not think she has a physical diary. Jorge?” He shook his head, having no idea either. “If you will follow me?”
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Commander Titan

Cecil Mortlake HP: 2

"Of course, thank you Ms. De Santos," said Cecil, rising to follow. He placed his mug of tea on the table nearest him, empty.

He pulled on a pair of gloves, and set the wheels in his mind in motion.

Once he was in Nora's room, he intended to be as thorough, yet respectful, as possible.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne pulls someone out of earshot of the parents. "We need to talk to the boy now. He is deathly afraid of something. But we need to approach him very carefully. I suspect if he sees us coming, he will bolt."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Seven Singh HP: 5

Her eyes brightened. Mira was mentioned earlier, but confirmation of a lead was a good thing. Before she could save the profile, she was pulled out of the way by Anne.

"Right, Mira is another person we should check out too," Seven said in an in-vain-whisper, which most likely could be heard by someone not in the side conversation. She pointed to the post she had found. "We should see Mira first. She could be useful in making him comfortable."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"That assumes he isn't gone after we speak to her. But, you are probably right," Anne replies.
Commander Titan

Times may change, but young people don't. They may have disordered or messy rooms, but not because they are "ill-disciplined" but because at that age one is constantly changing and reorganizing their mind and its contents. Sadly no electronic machines that they might dissect. And no pen-and-paper diary either. But the pamphlets-

The one on addiction made sense. Nora's boyfriend, Manuel, had overcome a history of substance abuse, according to the de Santos's. Perhaps she aimed to provide ongoing support to Manuel. Or perhaps Manuel had, or almost had, a relapse.

But one on metahumans and powers... did these correspond to the mention of "creatures" from before? Was Nora recently exposed to some metahuman catalyst? Did she expect to be? Did she want to be? Recent events had left many feeling powerless, compared to the costumed heroes and villains who darted about. It would hardly be a surprise if someone wanted to join their number.

Cecil made notes about the discovery, and turned to show his fellow investigators, and Camila.

"Ms. de Santos, did Nora express any interest to you in metahumans? 'Superpowers' and all that?"
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Camila had been quietly supervising the almost stranger searching her daughter’s bedroom. It wouldn’t do to have some strange man pawing through her nena’s underthings, after all. So she helped Cecil, just a little bit, by indicating such sensitive locations. She seemed as surprised by the pamphlets as Cecil, and turned away in thought. “More than normal? There is always one hero or another on the news doing something. She always watches with us.” Quiet thinking. “When she was 9, Medic gave a talk at her school. It was all she would talk about for weeks.” More thinking. “Samaritan had a fight at her middle school a few years later, but she was out with a bad cold and missed everything. She was upset about that for a few weeks, until Mira found something new to be excited about.” Yet more thinking. “There is nothing recent, I think.” She called to her husband. “Jorge? Did our nena ever say anything to you about super powers?”

Jorge’s voice came back from the living room. “You mean aside from Medic and Samaritan those times?” Silence, as he was thinking, too. “No, I don’t think so. She wears that Fletcher memorial pin, but I see ten of those a day.”

Camila sighed. “And I see just as many.” She turned back to Cecil. “I’m sorry we can’t be more helpful. You will find her, won’t you? My nena?”
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Commander Titan

Cecil blinked behind his glasses. He knew the dangers of making promises he couldn't keep...

"Ms. de Santos, I promise you, we will do everything in our power to find Nora, everything."

He hoped that would be enough, and looked towards his companions.

"Shall we go?"
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Seven Singh HP: 5

Nodding, Seven clicked off her phone and was the first one to leave. Of course, they were going to Mira's place, but this was a group. Choices, even simple obvious ones needed to be discussed.

She did a quick scan about the immediate vicinity as she waited for her colleagues.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne tries to get each other investigator alone (or away from the parents) to convey what she felt when scanning the boy's mind.