[IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Commander Titan

Re: [IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by Commander Titan »

Cecil Mortlake HP: 2

Cecil bid farewell to the parents, trying his best to be polite and professional. "Thank you for having us inside your home, Mr. & Mrs. de Santos, and thank you again for the tea."

On the way out, he saw Anne trying to catch his attention discretely.

"Yes?" he whispered.
Current Setting Projects:
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne says, once they are a little ways from the door, "The kid down the street is terrified of something external to himself. He probably knows more than he wants to know about what happened to Nora. We might be better off getting his girlfriend here or we might be better off talking to him first. Hard to say which is better."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Aparecida made the usual social pleasantries and assurances, but when she left the house, she realized just how much she'd spaced out in the process.
"There is no reason we can't split up," she says outside the house, "but I definitely want to get to Manuel while we know where he is." Her assumed "tough" accent got a bit thicker as she added, "People have a way of rabbiting when they're scared... although that might work to our advantage if he gets spooked and we track where he runs."
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Streets of Tremont.

Manuel (dressed for the weather in a winter coat and knit hat) was clearly not paying attention to the world around him. He seemed to be concentrating fiercely on nothing at all while occasionally scratching at his left arm and muttering incomprehensibly under his breath. From far away he looked more or less fine, but from close up he looked exhausted. Like he hasn’t slept in at least one night. Pale, for someone somewhat brown skinned. Twitching at unexpected noises. Etc.

Bronx Leadership Academy.

From the outside, the Bronx Leadership Academy didn’t even look like a school. Grey walls. Blue windows, doors, and trim. If the name of the place wasn’t on the outside, a person might think it’s a storage warehouse or private business. The type of business that doesn’t need to advertise. But the wolf symbol of the Bronx Leadership Academy was there. So, the thing to do was go in and find Mira. Or Mirabel Diaz, as Camila de Santos had helpfully supplied as the NPC detectives were getting in the cab. Regardless, it was time to figure out how to at the very least speak to a minor while she was in school without causing too much trouble. No doubt an NYPD school resource officer waited inside, and of course there was the school staff to contend with as well.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Commander Titan

Cecil Mortlake HP: 2 (Bronx Leadership Academy)

Cecil gazed at the building ahead of him. A wolf? A few lines of Kipling came to mind -- "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack."

He turned to Seven, making a "Hmmm" noise, before speaking up.

"I was taught by private tutors most of my youth, and had some unpleasant few years at a boarding school. I have little familiarity with this most modern 'high school' structure. Ms. Singh, do you have any suggestions? Might we simply tell the administrators we have been retained to find Nora, and therefore wish to speak to Ms. Diaz, or do we need a more indirect ruse? I defer to any public school expertise you may possess..."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Seven Singh HP: 5

It had been super quiet since they left for the Academy. Seven had been running the notes through her head. Main one was to find Mira. Cecil's break with the conversation kind of jolted her to attention. Wolf packs, yeah.

She nodded. "Well yeah, the best approach is direct." Pausing she looked around for Anne. Girl was sneaky. She shrugged. "Mirabel Diaz is a semi-common name. We can't just go to administration and ask for her." She scoffed a laugh at the implication that they couldn't do just that. "I guess I'm saying we need some kind of identification. For her and ourselves. Schools probably find it sus that randos are asking for people's information."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne

"Aparecida, how do you want to approach Manuel? Both of us together? One takes point?" Anne says as the other two investigators go looking for Mira.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne starts walking down the street toward where Manuel is sitting. She is watching to see if he's watching her without him seeing she's watching him. (I think.)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Princess Fedora

Aparecida started for a moment at her real name, before realizing that likely the organization provided some sort of briefing on who people might be working with. Note to self... check through the paperwork for that briefing
"Code name in public, please," she said softly, then straightened.

"I'll take point... boys sometimes respond well to a pretty face," she says, and then walks towards Manuel, letting loose that bit inside of her that seemed to beguile the male mind, her stride gaining a subtle sway and her features softening from their frequently severe mask.

"Manuel," she says in a voice that has honey swimming on the edges as she steps closer, "I need help, and you are the one who can help me." Her conscious mind pulled back on an impulse to lean in more, knowing that flashing cleavage at a minor would not only be a bit skeevy, but also might leave him far too distracted. "Nora needs your help, and I think you know why. Help us help her, please."

She readied herself, just in case this turned into a chase.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Streets of Tremont

Manuel perked up sharply at the approach of another person. “Eh?!” He was not immune to Fedora’s charms, per se. She and Anne had probably seen the subconscious reaction a thousand times before at least. The ghost of a cocky grin tugged at his lips before vanishing under the weight of whatever was on his mind. “Nora?” The mention of that name provoked an interesting reaction, too. Fear was of course where his entire mind was, but also obvious confusion and a flash of rage he seemed genuinely unaware of. “Why would…” He scratched at his left arm absentmindedly. Crook of the elbow, to be precise. “Did…did something happen?”

Bronx Leadership Academy

While Cecil and Seven were deciding what to do, the bell rang inside the school. Not 30 seconds later, a teenage girl of Hispanic ancestry walked out the front door. “You the detectives Mrs. Camila mentioned? I’m Mira. I got five minutes before my next class. How can I help?” Mirabel Diaz was, without hyperbole, gorgeous. Nothing supernatural or superhuman about it. She was physically attractive for a teenage girl, certainly, but that wasn’t it. She had an easygoing charisma about her, ffor one, and for another seemed to be almost radiantly joyful. Glowing in that way that women young and old do in certain situations and at certain times. She was concerned about her best friend, yes, but it didn’t seem to affect her inner joy.
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Commander Titan

Cecil Mortlake HP: 2 (Bronx Leadership Academy)

"Ms. Diaz, thank you for your time. Quickly, can you walk us through the last time you saw Nora? Did she give any indication where she might be planning to go? Or, perhaps, where she might go if something--" Cecil paused, looking for a word that wouldn't scare her, and perhaps failing "--bad were to happen?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne

"We don't know that something happened. But she has not been home since the New Year's Eve party," Anne says. "When was the last time you saw her?"
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Princess Fedora

Aparecida let Anne take the lead in talking, while noting the scratching at his arm.
Drugs? I mean, I suppose it could be something benign, like an insulin injection site... although aren't those usually done in the muscle? Or I guess it could be something really exotic, like super-serum injections, but... yeah, doesn't quite go with how twitchy he is. She subtly shifts a few times as Anne talks to him and he responds, seeing if he's tracking her movement.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Streets of Tremont

“N, Nora?” Manuel vibrated with anxiety. He did not appear to be able to control his reactions. He was watching the two women like a hawk, following every movement. Speaking of movement, the window next to the steps had its drapes flutter as an older Hispanic woman briefly appeared at the window and departed. Manuel, for his part, seemed to be pondering the concept of time. But the mention of the party grounded him. “La Casa de Mira. I slept on the couch. The girls in her room.” Instead of scratching vaguely at his arm, he gripped it firmly, as if seeking strength. “Nora had breakfast. Then she left. I think I went with her? I don’t…I don’t remember how I got home.” He shook his head a little violently, trying to steady himself. "Or I don't want to."

Bronx Leadership Academy

Mira shrugged her shoulders. “Like I told Mrs. Camila, it was yesterday morning. My place. She slept over after we hit a New Year’s party. We woke up a little late. Had breakfast. Well, she did. I wasn’t feeling well. Nausea. Whaddya gonna do?” Her hand drifted down to her stomach, touching it very absentmindedly. “After she said she was leaving and that she’d catch up with me later.” Again, she was concerned for her friend, but it was to a considerably lesser degree than her parents were. “It’s a little weird that I haven’t heard from her today. Weirder than she hasn’t been home. But it’s been what? 24 hours? I thought at first she was probably in one of the indy theatres, blowing off school. We’ve done it before. I can’t for a while, Mama’s riding my culo.” She looked annoyed for a moment, but shrugged again. “But something bad? She’d go home. Or to my place. Maybe Manuel’s place, but he’s twitchy lately and his mom’s being a bitch about it.” She was silent long enough to think she was finished speaking, but then she snapped her fingers and looked like a lightbulb had gone on. “Oh! Maybe she went back to-no, wait. There’s no way. Forget I said anything. Also, is Manny okay? He looked rougher than usual leaving behind Nora. You know, now that I think about it.”
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Are you okay?" Anne says to Miguel. "You seem unnerved."