[IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Insert Coin To Continue

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: [IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Press Any Button to Start

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

RAINBOW STAR
[HP:1] Cond: Fatigued
RS manages to break free of the monologuing effect just in time, ready for combat with the pupper master! "There you are, villain!"
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Warlock
HP: 1; Cond: Normal

Martin grinned with triumph as the translation spell took affect and he began to understand the monologue... and then became confused as he started to realize somethings about the villain who was causing this whole commotion.

"Hold on. You're a dvergr using the powers of Muspelheim to command a Fire Fiend? I thought your people hailed from Nidavellir, also called Myrkheim by the scholars, where the line of Sindri built up their hall..." Martin thought aloud. Then again, the Sam within complained furiously about the revival of the Fire Fiend who had given him so much grief not but moments ago, and would require Martin to re-cast the Raiment of the Exorcist in order to properly deal with it.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative
CND: Fatigued. HP: 1>0 JuryRig: 2
Utility Belt: Relocation disks
Projection System: Ghost Protocol
Scanner Suite: Auditory gains Accurate, Extended 2, Rapid

First, spending my HP to reduce my fatigue level to Fatigued.
Dodge, +5 if area: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28

init: 1D20+10+2 = [11]+10+2 = 23

My readied teleport action goes off and I'm on the building's roof.

As soon as she felt the Monologue-weight lift from her the auto-execute programs she designed fired before she could think about it. She was cloaked, on the roof of the previous warehouse in an instant.

Maggie Cole:

Here we go again! Wait, are we allowed to beat up the 'vertically challenged' like that? Isn't this... 'height-ist'?
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 1; Luck Points: 1; Condition: Fatigued
OOC wrote: Exemplar Will Save to Cope with the end of the Monologue: 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31

So she is not Vulnerable after the Monlogue ends.

Exemplar Initiative Check: 1D20+6+2 = [3]+6+2 = 11

But is also not exactly quick off the mark!
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hellcat
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Parker shook her head slowly, the cat ears on her hood waggling as she did. "Guys- they drink a little crummy beer and all of a sudden they think they're like gods..."

>OOC: (reposted from earlier OOC post)
-Dodge 1d20+12= 30 (35 if the effect counts as "area effect" and Evasion applies)
-Initiative 1d20+12= 23 (25 with circumstance bonus from save)
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/965470
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"<Hmm?>" The dwarf initially looks towards the rooftop's edge where the other heroes had located themselves down below. Operative's sudden appearance draws his attention to her instead. "<You've someone curious down below, they seem to know things. Hmm... But you're in my way.>"

The bag he'd had before must've been picked up during the leap, as he casually takes out another bottle and pops off the cap. "<Start with the one below, I'll start with this one." He commands, taking a deep swig of his vice. The elemental complies, rushing from the top and landing in a smolder below where it lays angered eyes upon Warlock in particular.

Taking the bottle away and leaving his mouth full, Absinthe turns towards the Operative in full. His nostrils flare as he breaths in, before suddenly spitting out globules of flame in her direction.

Simultaneously, the fiend punches it's hand out forward, a torrent of embers arcing out to the side catching Warlock fully in it's midst, the tail end of them just barely reaching Rainbow Star. It seems obvious enough to the heroes who'd met these fires previously that it's offensive strength is diminished from before.

Spitfire: 22 A hit for DC 22, fitting innit?
Embers Blast: DC 16 dodge, DC 21 toughness!

GM: First group of PCs are up!

Absynthe: 27
Fire Fiend: 24 (-1 Toughness, Dazed)
Operative: 23 (DC 22 toughness)
Hellcat: 23
Warlock: 18
Octogirl: 19

Beerserkers(Male): 6
Rainbow Star: 12
Exemplar: 11
Beerserkers(Female): 8

Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Maggie Cole:

Her previous concerns melt away as the dwarf spits fire at her.
Here we go again! Wait, are we allowed to beat up the 'vertically challenged' like that? Isn't this... 'height-ist'?
The Operative
CND: -1, Fatigued. HP: 0(+1holidays) JuryRig: 2
Utility Belt: Relocation disks
Projection System: Ghost Protocol
Scanner Suite: Visual gain penetrating, radius

The fire coats the cloaked hero charring her slightly, the brief bouts of burning visible before the cloaking reasserts itself. She winces at the pain. In a flash she pulls a gadget even as her offhand selects a preset setting on her scanner that would allow her to better monitor what was happening in all parts of the battle.

This new gadget emits a barely audible pulse, so low it makes your teeth rattle. So low it penetrates to the core of things and so 'loud' it takes that core in its teeth and shakes it apart like a rabid warhound of sound, focused on the bag at his side.
AE: Subsonic Decohesive: Weaken Toughness (Objects only), Area-Shapable pr 9, LINKED Damage PR 1, Area-Shapable, Incurable
I don't even know if the bag is a 'thing' but, I think, since he's holding it he can used his Dodge(DC19) to pull it partially from the area of effect. The bag needs to make a toughness check (or rank of device check, probably power rank divided by 5 is an approximation but I'm uncertain of that), vs. DC 19 Weaken, and the difference is how much it's toughness is lowered going forward. THEN the bag makes a toughness check vs. DC16 with it's new (maybe lowered) toughness. Objects take damage in weird ways and a Broken/Disabled/Obliterated track for failures of 5/10/15 respectively.
It's a wall of text but I tried to include every pertinent mechanic I could think of. If I have any of those rules or order of operations incorrect I'm sorry and please correct me!
No matter what happens to the bag the ghostly hero will drift down through the solid roof to the interior of the warehouse to cover from potentially more of his fiery phlegm whilr still watching what's going on it the battle though the walls in all directions.

"Three cultists around back." she thinks into the telepathic link.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

AS the Operative phases down into the warehouse to escape her encounter with Absinthe, she comes across an unexpected sight. Several civilians who'd rushed into the warehouse to seek shelter lay in heaps on the ground, their clothes soaked through with beer. Others still stand fully, their eyes bloodshot as they meander without purpose. In the center of it all, the Alemental is present once more. Fully formed and recovered from the brief fight minutes prior, it seems obvious to the woman now that it must've feigned death and hid under the water to slip away under their notice.

They for the moment seems entirely unaware of the woman's sudden appearance, facing away from her as it focused upon one if it's next victims.

(GM: Map updated, Alemental makes an appearance at the tail end of the initiative round.)
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Vivid wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:07 pm
"Three cultists around back." she thinks into the telepathic link.
Hellcat
HP: 2; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

"I'll handle them..." In an eyeblink, Parker was moving again, bounding OVER the warehouse in search of beerserkers (and, as yet, oblivious to the "extras" inside the warehouse). She dropped out of the sky next to the group before they had time to spread out much and let loose with a flurry of attacks. Then she bounded back up into the air, and landed on top of a nearby truck...

>OOC:
-Switch array slightly, move via Flight to engage beerserkers. Attack with Speed Punch, Power attack +4/-4, using routine action attack against minions.
This is +10 to hit (+12 base, -4 PA, +2 Circumstance bonus for round), and DC 25 Toughness resist, and continues until one resists or she runs out of targets (but only 3 visible right now, now?).

-Anyway, finish move to top of one of the trucks at the NE corner of the map.

>OOC 2: (Array)
+9pp (Im-practical Physics): Flight 3 (+Precise, +Subtle), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Favored Environment- flying)
+22pp (Fight Like Hell): Enhanced Attributes 4 (STR +2, FGT +2), Enhanced Dodge +2, Enhanced Advantages 7 (Defensive roll x2, Imp. Critical x2 (Speed Punch), Power attack, Takedown x2), Enhanced Skill 2 (Close Combat- Speed punch +4), Speed punch (STR +2 damage, close/unarmed; +Subtle 1- Rapid senses)
(31/31pp assigned)(T8/P12/D12, 250ft flight)
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Warlock
HP: 2 -> 1; Cond: Fatigued

"By the Beard of Brouhaha! Will this flambeed fiend not learn from its first mistake?" Warlock said confidently, projecting an air of confidence that Sam wasn't wholly feeling. The Fire Fiend had previous been quite the nuisance to deal with, and while it was still reeling from having been revived after Martin had laid the final blow to snuff it, it was still a mighty threat... not to mention the Ale-mental that had apparently faked its demise and reconstituted within the warehouse, and the dvergr mage on the building's roof.

This was further complicated by having to throw up a hasty shield as the Fire Fiend scattered a blaze of embers all around -- unable to move quickly enough to get away from the brunt of the fiery blast, but still quick enough for the eldritch barrier to protect him from the blaze of the fiendish assault. That was a close one!

Forcing himself to feel the confidence he projected, Sam/Martin focused his energies again, calling upon what second wind he had to cast rapidly again. This time, ascending into the air rapidly, the Wandering Warlock surged as he cast the exorcism-buff again. His hands traced the mandalas rapidly to summon the taijitu and the trigrams before they washed over him to leave his body smoking with the power to touch and banish spirits, fairy lights dancing all around him.

Then with a surge of effort, Warlock cast the elemental binding spell again, summoning the powers of the water just on the dockside to rush up and over the dock's edge and stream over ground and into the air at the sorcerer's command. The water gathered around the levitating mage as he fired the bubble-bullet that struck the Fire Fiend, causing the entire mass of water to surge like the fury of a river dragon to seize the Fire Fiend in its icy talons and hold it firm in a watery grip.
OOC wrote:Having trouble moving the tokens on the map, BTW. Please move it for me so that Warlock is on the right part of the map.
* Using 1 HP to Instant Recover his Fatigued Condition. Warlock is no longer Fatigued.
* Warlock levitates/moves 30 feet upwards into the air. Should now be at roof-level, but in the same square (just on the roof-level map).
* Using Standard Action to swap Hedge Magics variable back to Raiment of the Exorcist (same as before). Warlock's Spells now Affect Insubstantial and have Variable Descriptor.
* Using Extra Effort for another Action to use his Affliction power to bind the Fire Fiend again. Descriptor is the same as last time. Affliction: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18 DC 23 Dodge to resist, Will to overcome -- 1st: Hindered & Vulnerable; 2nd: Immobile & Defenseless.
* Warlock is now Fatigued again.

Edit -- Also, for resisting the Ember Attack:
DC 16 Dodge: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12 Failed the Dodge.
Toughness: 1D20+13 = [9]+13 = 22 Passed versus DC 21.
Last edited by kenmadragon on Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hellcat's able to take out the three in the back handily, the tri of inebriated civilians barely able to notice her attacks at all before collapsing into heaps. Her subjective time turns off just as she notices the open door beside her, where a shaded warehouse looms within. Feintly, she can just make out the form of Operative slipping in through the ceiling... As well as the moving forms of several more men and woman, as well as the sloshing of the Alemental once more. For her luck, it appears the civilians are still too dazed too notice either heroic pair, and the elemental is evidently foccused elsewhere.

Up top, Absinthe just barely managed to pull his sack of pilfered goods out of the wave of disurptive energy. Yet even with his quick reflexes, the cloth begins to fray and several glass bottles fall out and crack against roof below him. His expression turns murderous at the sight, "<Wasting good drink, and for what? You damned woman- Where did you go?!>" By the time he looked back, it was too late and the woman slipped out of sight.

Down below, events come to repeat themselves just as they did before. It was true that the beast of flames had become an annoyance to the Warlock, but it's weaknesses were all the more apparent to him as well. Rendered helpless as the magical bindings clings to it's ethereal form, the rushing of saltwater proves all the more devastating. Yet, this time, it manages to just barely hold itself together.

GM: RR and Exemplar, Octogirl can chime in when her player is feeling up to it!
Dice

Absynthe: 27
Fire Fiend: 24 (-2 Toughness, Staggered)
Operative: 23 (-1, Fatigued)
Hellcat: 23
Warlock: 18 (Fatigued) GM: You still need to roll for the Embers attack!
Octogirl: 19
Beerserkers(Male): 6
Rainbow Star: 12 GM: Ditto here too!
Exemplar: 11

Beerserkers(Female): 8
Alemental: 0

------------
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:35 am Warlock: 18 (Fatigued) GM: You still need to roll for the Embers attack!
OOC: Whoops. Rolled the Dodge and Toughness and edited them back into my previous post. Failed the Dodge, but barely passed the Toughness check.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Exemplar raises a hand to her temple and a glittering spear of telekinetic energy leaps towards the Fire Fiend!
OOC wrote: Exemplar telekinetically attacks the Fire Fiend: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17

If that hits it's DC 25 to resist, and is Affects Insubstantial - 2.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

RAINBOW STAR
[HP:1] Cond: Fatigued
Dodge vs Embers: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
Not gonna cut it to reduce the DC.
Toughness vs Embers: 1D20+12 = [20]+12 = 32
That on the other hand...
RS braves the flames once again as they wash over her force field, doing absolutely nothing to the chromatic crusader. "Feels like flamey there is tossing a bit less spice with the fire!" Seeing as her means of attack were energy-based, she knew some of the others couldn't deal well with these elementals, particularly the fire one, so she felt it best she help focus it down, rather than go after Absinthe like she wanted. "See a need, fill a need" after all.

"Okay hot stuff, it's time for you to chill out!" flying her way over to Warlock, who is presently holding the Fire Fiend in place. "You rack'em up, and I'll knock'em out!" she quips before blasting away with a barrage of scintillating sphere of searing light at the bound fiend to try and finish it off.

The chat was absolutely eating all of this up! The one-liners, the flashy attacks, and now pairing up to blast the fire elemental a second time with the magic-themed hero. Today was a great day to tune into the stream for an RS fan!
Going to full Power Attack on the bound Fire Fiend using RAINBOW BARRAGE.
Rainbow Barrage vs Fire Fiend (Full Power Attack): 1D20+7-5 = [16]+7-5 = 18 I'll take it. DC31 before degrees of success on the hit on a bound target.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Cherry "Octogirl" O'Day
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Fortitude: 10, Toughness: 14, Will: 10
HP: 0, Location: , Condition: Normal

Octogirl flies over to Absinthe and punches him. "You just look condescending."

Punch tough DC 29: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20