[IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Insert Coin To Continue

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Press Any Button to Start

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Though he didn't seem entirely impressed with Rainbow's uncertain threat, neither did he seem defiant enough to pull an attack just yet. His eyes are drawn over to the Operative as she performs an unexpected maneuver, causing him to quirk his brows. <A clever trick. This is the first I've seen any of you Midgardians make the effort to understand me.>" As he speaks, the translation software struggles but does create a reasonably accurate projection. A dry chuckle follows, <It makes things more entertaining when people are confused. Loki would be proud.>
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Operative[/url][/size][/b][/color]
CND: 0, Fatigued, HP: 1 JuryRig: 2
Utility Belt: Translation Stunt
Projection System: Illusion
Scanner Suite: Visual gain penetrating, radius

"Just implementing a good suggestion." the Operative nods in Octogirl's direction.
"We'll start with your name, Villian." she says as the projected runes float in midair.

Maggie Cole:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Absinthe." He responds, the word coming out in a close approximate of English. From the name clashing with his Norse motif, it's almost certain that this was another player.
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 1; Luck Points: 1; Condition: Fatigued
Vivid wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 pm "Latin is always good. How about 'Lux Inmensus'?" The Operative says looking up words on the net. "It means Light Unlimited."
"That is a good one!" comments Exemplar.

---

While Absinthe is talking to the others, Exemplar moves around to behind him, to be out of his line of sight, and attempts to read his mind again...
OOC wrote: Exemplar attempts to read Absinthe's mind (again): 1d20+7 15

Needs to be compared against the result of his Will check...
Last edited by Tony Jones on Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Will: Nope

Try as she might, the Dwarf's mind seems clamped shut against mental intrusion.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative
CND: 0, Fatigued > Exhausted, HP: 1 JuryRig: 2
Utility Belt: Translation Program stunt
Projection System: Illusions

"Why did you attack the docks, and, then, why did you come to this warehouse?" Operative asks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"<I was sleeping. Someone dropped me, and then ruined my stash.>" He explains, shrugging as much as could be allowed. "<I was a little bit cranky as a result.>"
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

"Stash of...?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He glances over towards the dufflebag he had earlier was left on the ground, depositing its contents of beers and ales. Many of the cans were dented, and far out number the glass bottles. "<One of the few saving graces of your realm.>"
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative

"So, you were sleeping, somewhere in Norway, then found yourself at the docks? After you were defeated there, how'd you get to the warehouse? How'd you know where to go?" Operative asks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He shakes his head, making the muzzle rattle against his armor. "<The metal box was aranged to be moved here. Was sleeping through the journey.>" Looking over towards the warehouse, he notices the graffiti for the first time and seems to chuckle. "<I felt drawn here.>"
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 1; Luck Points: 1; Condition: Fatigued

*He certainly has a very strong mind!* comments Exemplar mentally to the others.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative

"Drawn here?" Operative says regarding the symbol Absinthe nodded toward. "Anyone know anything about this? Also, does anyone have any questions for this guy? My program will translate you? Officers? Are there standard questions in cases like this?"
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Warlock
HP: 1; Cond: Fatigued; Bruised (-1)

"I was thinking something along the lines of Flashy First Responders," Warlock muttered under breath before turning back to his phone-hand when it started chirping at him in bird-song. "Oh, great. They really need to recalibrate the arcane answering machine..."

When the Tech-heroine with ghostly abilities configured a holigraphic translator with subtitles for everyone, Warlock breathed a sigh of relief. He was still finishing up the report via spell-call and hadn't had the leeway to cast another spell for translation with that hand occupied. "Thank you," he said to the woman... whose name he hadn't yet learned. She hadn't introduced herself when the cops showed up. Neither had the speedster nor the flying-brick, now that he thought about it. Martin would need to send them Friend Requests before they left, or it'd be impossible to do so without their names. Or just find a good time to ask them their names. Either or. "Saves me the trouble of casting another translation spell."

And while he was busy with the arcane-hotline, filing out the forms via spell-call on his hand, the others began their interrogations of the now-named "Absinthe". At the mention of the villain being 'drawn' to the Premium City docks and transported by shipping container, Martin glanced at the mural painted on the warehouse wall again. It wasn't a perfect depiction, but the similarities... in theme at the very least, if not in exact description.

When the spell-call finally ended with the ringing of a small, tinny bell, Martin 'hung-up' and dispersed the magical energy he had used for the call. "The Order should forward the PCPD the appropriate paperwork shortly," he informed.

Then he turned to the dwarf. "No, no real standard questions. But I do have to ask how you managed to bind the Fire Fiend, Alemental and rage-spirits to your will. You aren't like any seidrmadr I've run into before, and the way you used magic was... well, rather unorthodox for a dvergr of your supposed background. Tell me, do you hail from Svartalfheim? Muspelheim? Or are you of Yngvi's lot, from Alfheim?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"<Alemental! Hah! Clever. He is a water spirit with an interesting form. He and the fire spirit were my closest friends, my companions.>" He says, seeming to perk up a bit as if given a very rare opportunity- a chance to elaborate on his backstory to a willful listener. "<I don't have magic to me, my powers are just what I am. A child of darkness, a soul borne of Surt. Doomed to wander the depths without purpose, outcast and unwanted... It's not about the journey though, hmm? It's about the friends you make along the way. Or some sappy shit like that.>"

Absinthe chuckles, shifting his stance with his feet more firmly planted on the ground. A difficult task given his manacled bindings.
------------