[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by Miracle »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:53 am I'm leaving it up to the others to determine whom Anne actually speaks to. They should have a decent chance of observing that Anne is herself a bit shaken.
EternalPhoenix

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Commander Titan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:28 am No worries and so noted re: the HP. Thanks!

I believe it makes sense to do a Search roll (and an Investigate later depending what we find). Assuming nothing prevents me from following Camila de Santos to Nora's room, I will do so. Is this something I could Take 10, or even 20, on? I assume it's not gonna be a huge room so we don't need too much time to go over the room?
Nothing should stop you, no. Yeah, taking 10 or even 20 is fine. Which would you like? 20 takes longer but is more thorough.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Understanding that we may want to track down the folks outside, who may not be there forever, let's Take 10.

10 + 14 (Search bonus) = 24
Current Setting Projects:
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Commander Titan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:01 pm Understanding that we may want to track down the folks outside, who may not be there forever, let's Take 10.

10 + 14 (Search bonus) = 24
With the understanding that Cecil has been in modern times just long enough to know what like, a TV is, there are no unusual items. It's a teenager's bedroom. Bed, dresser, closet, a couple of tables, an a chair. If Nora keeps a diary, it's online. There is a space on one of the table that a laptop computer might fit into, but it isn't there now. Obviously, her phone isn't here either. So the diary plan is a bust. Your time, however, is not entirely wasted. Because on that table are two pamphlets. One is a basic primer on drugs and addiction. The other is a basic primer on metahumans and their capabilities. Both are written to be understood by your average high school student, so you don't need to roll to understand either.
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Commander Titan

After Camila answers about Nora's hypothetical interest in superpowers, I'm ready to leave the de Santos's household if no one else has anything left to do within?
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

As a setting note, metahumans are probably the most common type of superhuman powers. Rooted more or less in what's biologically possible for humans, they function in known, predictable ways. Once of such ways being technically present from birth. They are only rarely strong enough to sustain a supers career (hero or villain) on their own. However, people still have them and your basic inner city school science courses can't possibly cover a subject that normally requires a bachelor's in human biology to properly explain. My point is that both pamphlets are like those found in the school nurse's office, right next to the gender divided ones about puberty and the other ones about suicide awareness. Metahumans are as much a fact of life as people with natural red hair or green eyes.

I say this because, well, all of your characters would know it. Hell, they may have known someone growing up that was just a bit special in one way or another. They're quite uncommon compared with unpowered humans, but there's eight billion humans on the planet so "quite uncommon" is relative. There's enough of them kicking around for New York City's school districts to purchase and stock pamphlets on them, is my point.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sorry for my silence. Things got busy on my end. I plan to post tonight.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

There's no need for apologies. I just like knowing you're not dead. Or disappeared forever, which is the internet version of dead.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

I'm happy to move this along myself. The problem is that there is two options on the table. Are y'all going outside to see Manuel, or to the local high school to see Mira?
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Notice: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26

There might be nothing, but damn sure she Notices it :mrgreen:

Also, character profile has a new picture, as the original disappeared. Finding Senna in the suit I was describing is kinda difficult
Commander Titan

Miracle wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:37 pm Seven Singh HP: 5

Nodding, Seven clicked off her phone and was the first one to leave. Of course, they were going to Mira's place, but this was a group. Choices, even simple obvious ones needed to be discussed.

She did a quick scan about the immediate vicinity as she waited for her colleagues.
jmucchiello wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:45 pm Anne tries to get each other investigator alone (or away from the parents) to convey what she felt when scanning the boy's mind.
Do we want to agree that we discuss what Anne detected once we're out front of the apartment, away from the parents, and then move on to seeing Mira?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Commander Titan wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:28 am Do we want to agree that we discuss what Anne detected once we're out front of the apartment, away from the parents, and then move on to seeing Mira?
That probably makes sense. Assuming us walking out of the building doesn't spook the kid.
Commander Titan

That's a chance I guess we'll have to take!
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

To the Bronx Leadership Academy it is. Tomorrow. It's a little weird how I can't find any pictures of the entrance lobby, so we're gonna play it by ear. Nearest I can tell there's a cop up front, and that's literally all I know. Fair enough, I'll mine my memories of middle school. A school is a school, right? Y'all may google the place if you feel like it. Spoiler alert, he front is depressing.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

So, I'm guessing nothing on the notice check? Doesn't have to be important, I just don't want to waste that nat twenty :mrgreen: