[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by jmucchiello »

Mind reading: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9 1s aren't automatic failures. But he'll probably make that will save.
EternalPhoenix

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Yes. Subtle 2 prevents anyone from knowing who used the effect, but it would take Insidious to prevent the target from noticing the effect. A silenced firearm may not be heard, but I think the person being shot would notice! :D
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I thought insidious only applied after success. If the attack doesn't land, no one notices the subtle bullet that didn't hit them.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Are you waiting for me, Miracle & FuzzyBoots?
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sorry, I'd replied in my head. Happens more often than I'd care to admit.

Well, my intent was to try to tease details out by guiding the conversation, but Investigate: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9 isn't great.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:35 pm I thought insidious only applied after success. If the attack doesn't land, no one notices the subtle bullet that didn't hit them.
Fair enough. It's not gonna make any difference anyway.
FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:32 pm Sorry, I'd replied in my head. Happens more often than I'd care to admit.

Well, my intent was to try to tease details out by guiding the conversation, but Investigate: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9 isn't great.
In 2e, that'd be a Gather Information check. Investigate is pretty much purely forensic, not social. Also, because of Seven your minimum roll is 8.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Oh, well, with an 8, that's 26 on Gather Information. :-)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

"Take 8" should be something now :mrgreen:
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Bah. Help me out. Everyone but Cecil give me a KN: Pop Culture roll.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:20 pm Mind reading: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9 1s aren't automatic failures. But he'll probably make that will save.
He would if I was rolling for his glorified Bystander self. But I am not. So, between that and
jmucchiello wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:09 pm Anne: Pop Culture: 1D20+11 = [8]+11 = 19
that, you both recognize some of the movies Jorge named as horror movies. Some indie, some mainstream. The monsters are uniformly gruesome and horrifying, but fictional. Probably. You'd need a KN: Theo/Philo check to be sure. The artists are horror artists like HR Giger and Junji Ito. Again, some indie, some mainstream. The musicians are standout members of various metal subgenres. They're all pretty indie, but you've heard the names if not their music before.
FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:51 pm Oh, well, with an 8, that's 26 on Gather Information. :-)
This worked just fine, as you can read, but
FuzzyBoots wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:36 pm 10 untrained with luck. 4 otherwise.
Miracle wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:58 pm Knowledge (pop culture): 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8

13 :D
With those roles you only recognize a few of the mainstream horror movies and like, maybe Giger out of all the artists. The musicians escape you entirely.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

“When did we think she was missing? For me, when I came home this morning and she was not in her bed.
Who hires a detective the day they think their child is missing? Did I miss a memo? Was there a police report in the info packet?
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Zany couple of days. I'll get to this tonight if I'm not too tired.