[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EternalPhoenix

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

If the both of you got nothin', I can do something too. It came to me after I made the post, like all useful ideas. :sweat_smile:
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Commander Titan

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by Commander Titan »

Miracle, any ideas?
Current Setting Projects:
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Banter. Witty banter. What case? Oh right.

We're investigators, right? We have credentials, right? I'm sure we have precedence.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Fuzzy? Folks? Are we doing the thing were we post in our heads and not in the thread?
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:42 pm Fuzzy? Folks? Are we doing the thing were we post in our heads and not in the thread?
And it was a lovely post, but sadly in my head... no, I just kind of slipped on things for some days.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

For Princess Fedora's Diplomacy to get Manuel to be helpful, Diplomacy: 1D20+18 = [6]+18 = 24. A lowish roll, admittedly.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:01 am For Princess Fedora's Diplomacy to get Manuel to be helpful, Diplomacy: 1D20+18 = [6]+18 = 24. A lowish roll, admittedly.
This is one of those situations where you could have rolled a nat 20 and it wouldn't have mattered. There is way too much going on in his head for words from a stranger to do anything to affect it.
Commander Titan

Miracle wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:18 am Banter. Witty banter. What case? Oh right.

We're investigators, right? We have credentials, right? I'm sure we have precedence.
Good point! But for the moment we've gotten an out from the GM, so...
Commander Titan

Asking Mira about where Nora might be first, but if we have time, would also plan to follow up on the interest in metahumans, and the art / music / creatures that Nora was into, according to her parents. Anything else, Miracle? / feel free to follow up as appropriate.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:04 am Princess Fedora

Aparecida started for a moment at her real name, before realizing that likely the organization provided some sort of briefing on who people might be working with. Note to self... check through the paperwork for that briefing
"Code name in public, please," she said softly, then straightened.
I (me) didn't realize there was a secret here. You can decide if Anne read the name off a briefing or if she just overheard your thoughts. :)
"I'll take point... boys sometimes respond well to a pretty face," she says,
Both of us have Attractive 2. Is this some kind of dig at Anne? :)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Relatedly, EternalPhoenix, do you play the Attractive feat as active or passive? Do you get the Bluff and Diplomacy bonus for simply looking good, or does the player have to say "I'm doing my thing"?
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Miracle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:11 pm Relatedly, EternalPhoenix, do you play the Attractive feat as active or passive? Do you get the Bluff and Diplomacy bonus for simply looking good, or does the player have to say "I'm doing my thing"?
This fried my brain at first. 😅 Active in that you have to roll and remind me you have it because I forget stuff. Passive in that it just works otherwise. Attractive is basically Enhanced Bluff and Diplomacy Limited to half of all people.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 pm This fried my brain at first. 😅 Active in that you have to roll and remind me you have it because I forget stuff. Passive in that it just works otherwise. Attractive is basically Enhanced Bluff and Diplomacy Limited to half of all people.
Ah, cool. That is one of the things that was discussed at length in Jabroniville’s threads, namely the question of why so many obviously attractive people didn't have that feat, with his reasoning being that it was for people who used their looks to try to convince others.

Better than some of the official Green Ronin adventures that had things like Attractive 5 on characters. :?:
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Gonna wait for Mira to answer