[OOC] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenmadragon

Re: [OOC] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

Post by kenmadragon »

More to do with my IRL reaction to reading "Team Unlimited" was to ask myself, "Wait, what does that even mean? I don't get it?" If some civilian sees that, what would they think? Like, is the team somehow unlimited in its roster? Are the members somehow "unlimited" in some fashion, with limitless-growth or something? Does it mean that they're gonna be a team forever because there's no time-limit on ow long the team'll last? And even then, why call it "Team Unlimited", when "Unlimited Team" seems more grammatically correct?

For about a minute, I was very confused before I realized it was just a meta-reference to the Campaign-Name. That part of Warlock's response was written in that moment of exasperation --- because it was a neat idea in the Doylist perspective, but sounded confusing from the Watsonian. But rather than have Warlock be confused, I figured Sam would just be more disappointed at a name that doesn't have that "oomph" you get from most popular superhero teams, and would complain about that instead of complaining about "what the heck does 'Team Unlimited' even mean?".

Edit: Honestly though, I could see us having some kind of "light" theme to our group. Most of our characters have flashy powers. Operative with her hard-light tech and laser-gun, Warlock with his spells that sparkle and bang, Octogirl with her purple-light punches and magical-girl power, Exemplar with her TK powers that likely involve some visible energy-effect to it (they're not Subtle), Rainbow Star with her rainbow everything, and Hellcat with... physics-warping? I guess the flames on her super-suit when moving at super-speed would probably also count as she blurs about, too? Maybe we could work with that, given how flashy and colorful we all are. :D
Last edited by kenmadragon on Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

kenmadragon wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:52 am
Edit: Honestly though, I could see us having some kind of "light" theme to our group. Most of our characters have flashy powers. Operative with her hard-light tech and laser-gun, Warlock with his spells that sparkle and bang, Octogirl with her purple-light punches and magical-girl power, Rainbow Star with her rainbow everything, and Hellcat with... physics-warping? I guess the flames on her super-suit when moving at super-speed would probably also count as she blurs about, too? Maybe we could work with that, given how flashy and colorful we all are. :D
For serious though, interesting thought process. How about "The Illuminators"? "Team Illumination"? The "Oh God My Eyes I Can't See!"?
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Just a note: I'm not trying to hard push for Team Unlimited. Yes, it was a subtle nod to the MMVR game's title (and subsequently the campaign), and RS *did* offer an (admittedly weak) explanation for it of the team having an unlimited potential.

She's just ribbing Warlock for coming off as a bit of a spoil sport. :P And also doesn't want to suggest anything that seems to spotlight herself over anyone else for fear of seeming conceited.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Obviously 'The Exemplars' would be a great name, but she's not egotistical enough to suggest that one!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

:lol:
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

RS would be happy to go along with anything reasonable sounding (Anything that might seem overly referencing herself she'd be resistant to due to the whole feeling like it might make her sound conceited, but relent since she wasn't the one suggesting it. Anything overly light themed would meet that criteria since while most of the team has some element of a light themed power, as mentioned, RS is rainbow *everything*).

The only issue is that no-one, in character, has put anything on the table with Team Unlimited for consideration. Please put more options on the table. xD
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I actually feel bad that Exemplar keeps rolling low while I'm rolling high, but dice are dice.
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Stuff happens unfortunately!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Mental speech so it doesn't trigger runic translations. Smart! Don't need this guy getting a bigger head? :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

True, his head is rather large.
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I wish I could say I'd planned it that way!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Kind of meta, but is there a way to see another user's Friends list?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

No. In the lobby of the game you can share details like that over chat rooms or the like, but it's not possible when immersed.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Hmm... I wonder if Absinth means the key to this has something to do with the elementals he'd befriended, then.