[OOC] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [OOC] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Passcodes aren't being forthcoming, the Officer told you that the bank owners themselves were being an issue on that front. He could likely have them court ordered and supplied, but that'll take more time. When it comes to teleportation, though, Exemplar was able to find holes in the security you can use to bypass those restrictions.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Set up (pun) my PP spending.

I took the Set-Up advantage, since tried to use it in the last fight, lol, but it was something that came across my mind as she was working with others, and given her propensity for team-ups, makes sense for her to have been working on.

And with the other, I grabbed Agile Feint. I *was* considering a new alternate effect for her Energy Emission, but two things; 1) She has plenty in there already, 2) it was kind of situational, meaning it makes for a better stunt. At least for now, until she uses it. Then maybe I'll add it in the array proper.

I did keep the power write-up under a new section of my character sheet post dedicated to stunt ideas. Mostly so I don't forget it.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sounds good by me!

Kenma, you doing alright over there?
------------
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Writing up my IC post while posting this one here! Having some internal debate over what to spend my CP exactly. I know where I'm spending one point, but I keep making convincing, mutually exclusive arguments about how best to spend the second one. Will update my Character sheet once I've figured that out, hopefully before a fight inevitably breaks out.

But yeah, seeing as Warlock is late to the party, I'm gonna have him just portal to the "quest starting-zone" behind the police cordon, a little frazzled because he only just saw the mystic portents (ie. the system notifying him of trouble in progress and potential quest, but in-character because status-screens and pop-up notifications don't work that way outside the game-lobbies and what-not) and rushed over after being distracted with the ritual enchantments needed to consecrate magical chains/threads for stitching closed rifts to Muspelheim to be used on his other duties.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Keep me posted on what you're thinking upgrade wise, no need to rush using them every time you get them of course.

Saved the other PCs the trouble of having to recap in character by letting an NPC handle that front.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm banking the points.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sounds good.
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Tony Jones wrote:
OOC wrote: Not sure Exemplar saw Rainbow Star use barriers; I think that might have been out of her sight when she was fighting by mental senses alone...
Maybe, maybe not, but RS is a well-known character in the game world with Benefit (Online Celebrity), so it wouldn't be strange to know at least a good portion of her general powerset without having necessarily seeing them first hand (well, I mean...blasting, force fields and healing.... lol there's not a ton to know without getting into particulars.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Always a chance one of the gunman might recognize you, but how useful that'll be for them remains to be seen.
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:42 pm Maybe, maybe not, but RS is a well-known character in the game world with Benefit (Online Celebrity), so it wouldn't be strange to know at least a good portion of her general powerset without having necessarily seeing them first hand (well, I mean...blasting, force fields and healing.... lol there's not a ton to know without getting into particulars.)
I as her player was not aware of that, and I'm going to go with Exemplar being old and wise enough to know you can't always trust what you read on the internet! ;)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

All good. Wasn't expecting anyone to have like....scoured my character sheet for details, lol. I was more just saying you have ample narrative permission to know a fair bit about RS (not her player. Her player the the opposite, very difficult to learn anything about)
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

All right, finally digging myself out of my hole- though I've probably jinxed myself just by saying that. Pending GM Approval, I'm ready to give this another try.

I'll try to get something posted in the next day or so, explaining what Parker/Hellcat (and Kendall) have been up to.

Until I do, just assume that Kendall's immersion pod is having mysterious connectivity issues- Hellcat is present at the scene, but is in system-driven bot-havior. If somebody suggests something, she'll do it, but she won't propose/initiate anything until I'm cleared and have my "reconnecting" post up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Always got my approval. Hope things stay stable for you over there.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Okay, finally finished the Interlude piece for Hellcat- sorry that took so long. I'm going to post it here in the OOC and s-block it, as it is "off-stage". I can move it to the IC if the GM wants, but I'll put it here so that it is up SOMEWHERE.

I put in some GM post quotes from the IC thread, to frame the continuity- these quotes are in blue...

>EDIT: Moved to IC
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I would actually like it on the main thread, as your character's real lives do come into focus on some occasions.

Regardless, nice work. Love to read this stuff. I've not gone through it all yet, but I'll start such shortly.
------------