Post by jmucchiello »

"I might be on rooftops," Blair says. "I'm a dead duck if I'm close."
RainOnTheSun

Re: Vanguard Academy IC: Feels Like The First Time

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Violet
HP: 3 | CND: Unhurt | Room 110, Byrne House | Delta Class

"I might be in the air later?"
Valerie says. "I don't want to make myself an easy target, though... I'll probably just try and stay out of sight. But I'll be around if anyone needs me!"

She tries to sound more confident than she feels. People are already walking out of the safe zone, which means that the timer has started, so she walks out of it too...

True to her word, though, she's immediately looking for a place to hide.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:23 am "I'll prolly be up there if the need arises." Wally says. "An one a those bots seemed to be aerial too."

Allison Carson/ Stormdancer

HP: 3, LP: 1; Condition: Normal; 301/Delta

"And that's WHY it is going to be rough going up in the air," Allison replied. She took note of the other responses as well. "On the ground is fine, rooftops and stuff are probably fine- I'll try to watch out if anybody else is airborne..." As she spoke, she walked over towards the door- she looked out briefly and then stepped out into the testing area. Her foot didn't hit the ground outside though- her step carried her out and upwards, a swirling corona of wind wrapping around her and lifting her up...

>OOC: General Perception, more to survey the area and general layout than to actively look for robots 1d20+7= 21, roll https://orokos.com/roll/959941

-Also is the testing area enclosed, or open to the sky? If enclosed, how high is the roof/ceiling?

-Very tired right now, I'll set her array tomorrow
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jessamine Sinclair of Room 411
HP: 3 | Condition: Acceptable

When she was out in the testing area, Whisper urged her Phantasms forward while she herself kept in the back. Rather than risking herself by putting herself forward, with these creatures under her command she'd work much better as their coordinator. Around her she could feel them rushing forward, splitting off in four directions to cover more ground.

Perception(Whisper): 6
Perception(Won / Tuu / Fwee / Foor): 22/15/23/15
Minion Status wrote: Won (Searching) / Tuu (Searching) / Fwee (Searching) / Foor (Searching)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

"Less talking, more robot punching," Mack says marching off into the training grounds.

They finally get to a super secret superhero training facility filled with robots, and they wanted to talk some more? He didn't get these guys.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
HP: 3 | LP: 2 | Cnd: Concerned

"Mack, stay close; I'm searching the wider area for a group of 'em. Once I locate some I can portal us there quicker than just walking around and gettin' shots taken at you. That's how they'd pick us off."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok (Zoska Vitoldovna Ipatava)
Class: Delta; Room: 509 Byrne House; Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

"I might be flying sometimes," comments Zoska as she walks over to the door and out into the testing area.

"And you will be fine!" she tells Violet.

As she walks out of the door, with a 'crunch' noise Zoska shrinks from the 5'6" tall she has been since you met her (apart from some wobbles in the auditorium) to 4'10" as her body seems to compact in on itself a little, and she marches forward in an almost military fashion, looking around her intently.
OOC wrote: Sery Cmok perception check: 1D20+18 = [12]+18 = 30

Plus Infavison, and Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Ranged, Tracking, Danger Sense on Olfactory.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:3

In the anteroom, Mateo looks around to see if weapons have been provided for those without the option of just punching or blasting holes in robots. If he finds none, his very first action inside the main area will be to look for something that would double as a makeshift armament.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Mesh:

There are no weapons to be found, however upon walking outside you spot a stop sign that looks promising.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:3

" Hmph...not an axe, but good enough for now", Mateo says, grabbing the sign and dislodging it, if possible.
" I wonder if there's a way to get a collapsible handaxe or something like that later."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Allison Carson/ Stormdancer
HP: 3; LP: 1; Condition: Normal; 301/Delta

Allison stepped out of the down and immediately rose almost directly upwards- the winds shifted around her, causing a momentary gust to pass through the area around the doorway, but it was only a minor nuisance and passed almost before anyone could react. Even as she rose, threads of condensate began to coalesce from the air around her- for a moment it seemed like the vapor trail of a jet aircraft, but it began to blossom and thicken, like a cloud forming in what had been a nearly cloudless Southern California sky...

>OOC 1: By the end of her first Move action, she 900ft in the air, and a 120ft radius sphere centered on her is shrouded in clouds, giving -5 Perception checks to anyone NOT selected as friendly (ie. anyone not directly on the students side). If it somehow becomes relevant, Whisper's Summons are NOT selected as friendlies, since Allison doesn't really know they are there (the Selctive is 'Opt Out', not Opt-In)

>OOC2: Current Array set-up
Spoiler
1. Weather Mastery: Flight +4 (5 total; 900 ft), +Precise, +Subtle 1; Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Defense, Evasion +1; limited- while flying/open air); (11pp)
2. Weather Control: Environment 3 (120 ft)((2pts of effect; Impair visibility 2 (-5), Selective2, Variable descriptor 3; (15pp)
-Total 26pp active of 27pp available
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris Butler
HP: 1 LP: 4

"You punch robots. I'll keep my knuckles intact." Chris followed his brother in and looked around, hoping his future sight might give him some kind of preview of what was coming.
Perception check: 1d20+12 18

For now, I'll use Luck Control to give anyone a reroll for a Toughness check that will make them staggered or worse.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler

"Aw, come on, I need more broken knuckles," Mack says cheerfully, "Or... well, I'm sure we can find you a rock or something."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris Butler
HP: 3 LP: 4

"Are you serious? What am I gonna do with a rock? Did you see those robots?" Chris stared at his brother. "They got like laser guns or something."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler

"Works all the time in cartoons," Mack notes, "Just jam the rock in the laser barrel and jump away before it explodes."

"Besides without a rock you're back to punching."