Vanguard Academy IC: Dorm Daze

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Vanguard Academy IC: Feels Like The First Time

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Violet
HP: 1 | CND: Quiet | Room 110, Byrne House | Delta Class

Valerie sits down in the third row, by the isle. She's on the opposite side of the group from the nervous brunette, but they've got the same priority - personal space. She tries not to stare at the panda person. A pandra person is weird, sure, but it's not... skeleton or invisible monster weird.

And Valerie isn't exactly normal looking herself.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jessamine:

You notice that despite the warmer weather the brunette girl is covered nearly from head to toe by her clothes. She's even wearing gloves and a hoodie that she has covering her legs (once or twice you spotted some fashionable tears in the legs, exposing the briefest of flashes of her skin as she figits about, likely due to being a little too warm for her comfort).

It is unusual to say the least and given her desire to sit alone and her body language since went ahead and took a spot next to her makes it obvious to you that her powers must rely on touch and the brunette has control issues over those powers.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:1 CND: Zoning out

Mateo sits down in one of the seats in the third row, near or in the middle to have a good overview. Force of habit. Seeing the panda makes him chuckle softly, reminding him of a fateful tanuki encounter a couple of centuries ago.
When the headmaster starts talking, Mateo tries to listen closely, but finds his mind drifting...to a different kind of meeting...

The stone was warm from the sun, even though the mountain air high up was sending a chill down his spine. He looked around, seeing foreheads creased in frowns. Things were not well. " Have you set the traps?" he asked Pacay, who nodded. " But they will not keep the foreigners out long. There are too many. And the metal they are clad in..."
" Can be broken and pierced. I know, some of you still believe they are gods or some mythical creatures sent to destroy us. But I tell you again...they are mortal. Just men. They bleed, they break and they die. All they have are different tools and a different tone of skin."
How can you be so certain?" Taruca asked. Of their group of warriors, he was the youngest.
" I have seen them die", he said. And I have been one of them in ages past. But he was not going to tell them that. It didn't matter anyway. Besides maybe Taruca, deep down they all knew they were going to die. This was not a battle they could win. All they could do was delay the Spaniards long enough for a few villages to be evacuated.
It was a worthy sacrifice.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jessamine Sinclair
HP: 1 | Condition: Acceptable

It felt all too easy to take note of the girl's most promoment insecurities. What it left instead was the mystery of what her abilities even were, so that Jessamine could use this information to it's fullest advantage. Depending on what she could do, making an acquaintance of her as an understanding upperclassman could be a great boon.

Yet this would have to wait for now.

It would be considered improper to speak in the midst of the headmaster speech. Even for reasons such as hers.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok (Zoska Vitoldovna Ipatava)
Class: Delta; Room: 509 Byrne House; Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine

As Zoska enters the auditorium and looks around, her eyes widen a little when she sees the panda-boy. She gives him an interested look and a friendly nod if he looks back, and casts her senses across the other students she has not yet met as well.

She initially goes to sit down close to Valerie, with a gap of a single seat, but she quickly picks up that she is not at all comfortable with this, so moves a couple of seats further along in the third row, putting herself between Valerie and Mateo, to whom she gives a nod. At this distance the smell of chemical smoke she emits is noticable and unpleasant, but not overwhelming.

She also gives a wave and smile across the auditorium to Jessamine when she spots her over there.

But she turns attentively to the stage when the two men emerge onto it, and listens intently to their words, staring intently up with a serious expression on her face.
OOC wrote: Do any of the people Zoska has not met before have any distinctive smells/tastes to them? In particular the panda-boy, but any of the others too...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Blair "Indigo" Holland (gamma)
HP: 1; Location: Auditorium; Condition: Normal

Blair teleports into the auditorium and looks around. She appears in a seat next to Zoska. "I wonder if this will be anything more than a boring 'welcome to Vanguard Academy'. Wha'd'you think?"

(OOC: Bored during the presentation she sends her second sight backstage to see if there's anyone about saying anything more interesting.)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok (Zoska Vitoldovna Ipatava)
Class: Delta; Room: 509 Byrne House; Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine

"I hope not," whispers Zoska. "But there are far worse options than a little boredom after all, so is not a problem even if it is!"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jessamine Sinclair of Room 411
HP: 1 | Condition: Disapproving

She gave the Belarussian girl a cursory wave when finally spotted, silently determining to cut her off before she vanishes somewhere else on campus once this event was over. When she caught the feint whispers of the girls behind her, she turned only just enough to give them both a chiding look before turning back to the stage. To do their teachers this form of injustice was intolerable in her mind.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

Mack wandered in to the auditorium with his hoodie up and his hands in the pouch. He'd had so many bad reactions that it was now just habit to pop the hood up whenever he went outside.

When he got to a seat he flopped down in a boneless heap on the chair. Which always amused him, since he was nothing but bones.

Looking around he glanced over the Pandaman who was neat, but nowhere near as handsome as himself, but was otherwise nobody really caught his attention. Then again he was mostly looking around to see if there were any superheroes kicking around.

Not seeing anybody in costume he slumped further into his chair.

"Aw man, I think this is just a normal meeting," Mack sighed, muttering to Chris, "I was hoping for something cool. Like some kind of demonstration with heat ray vision."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Dennis Sloane
HP: 1, LP: 3; Condition: Fine

Dennis follows a group of students to the auditorium. He really isn't looking too closely at any of them, just following from a distance without drawing too much attention. He keeps his hands in his pockets, specifically fiddling with the crystal wand in the right pocket, one of his two pieces from Dad. He doesn't even have his jacket, destroyed by the police because of contamination. Blood.

He meanders at the back of the auditorium while the others take their seats. He rolls his eyes as one student teleports directly into one of the seats.

Finally, he takes a seat at the end of one of the aisles on row three and watches intently. He wonders what kind of magic this place teaches. The entrance paperwork asked about spell colleges, whatever they were. Dad's explanations of magic theory was... vague, at best. To be fair, he just started trying to cast the spells he saw his Dad cast, and Dad just made corrections in his form.

He tries not let his mind wander during the speech. The rest of my life? I was going to be an officer and forget about magic.

But Dad could really talk him into - or out of - anything.
Last edited by kenseido on Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris Butler
HP: 1 LP: 4

Chris dropped into the seat next to his brother and only half listened to the guy up front. "Dude, I told you it was going to be boring. Whatever hype they told you, this is still just a school."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler

"But it's a secret super school," Mack whines, "It should be super cool, not normal boring."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Allison Carson/ Stormdancer
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: I said I'M FINE!

One of the last students to enter the auditorium was the girl who had been sitting in the tree earlier- though between her slender build and her utilitarian clothing, a casual observer could have just as easily guessed "boy". She had swapped out her earlier tee shirt for a black polo shirt with the school crest (available from the school store, at very reasonable prices), but her black fatigue pants and black military-style cap were the same as she had been wearing earlier.

She paused briefly, just inside the door, obviously taking stock of the room. Seeing most of the earlier arrivals clustered in the thrid row, she squared her shoulders and marched down the aisle, taking a seat in the front row but at one end, turning briefly to reassess the others before shifting her attention to the men on the stage. She had met them, however briefly, during the intake and her week or so on campus, but this was different...

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of her appearance was the heavy bracelet strapped on her left wrist, with one light glowing a steady green. Those with any degree of Alpha experience would recognize it as a power inhibitor (although, unlike most such units, this one was simply buckled in place instead of being more securely fashioned.

>OOC: The inhibitor is mostly just flavor (though I did use some EP on it). In her case it is somewhere between the shock collar one might use for "don't bark" dog training, and a fidget spinner. She definitely isn't constantly fiddling with it every time she looks at the other students...
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris Butler
HP: 1 LP: 4

"Dress it up however you want, we're still going to school. Tomorrow you'll be doing homework."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler

"Ugh," Mack sighs, "I was hoping that school was going to be kicking bad guy ass."

"And homework was redeeming beautiful super villainesses by drawing them to the light using the power of loooooove,"
If he had eyebrows he'd have been wriggling them up and down.

"They start us math tomorrow and I'm playing dead," He grumps.