Vanguard Academy IC: Dorm Daze

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Vanguard Academy IC: Feels Like The First Time

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

"Yeah, I'm curious to see what they've got in a kitchen for a school like this. Do they have high end mixers and processors, or just second hand store garbage," Mack trails off, turning his head to the sky, "It supposed to rain today? I swear I keep hearing thunder."

To Mesh Mack cocks his head, "So you're like a really old dude slumming with teenagers because they don't believe you're actually a really old dead dude?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:14 pm
" Legally, I'm still a teenager. Also...I need some time to get all my memories in order. Always takes a couple of years. People thought this would be the best place for me."
Mateo shrugs. " I don't mind going to school again. I don't much appreciate being treated like a kid by people less than a generation old, though...just because my current body has been around for less than 18 years."
"So what have you seen personally that history books get totally wrong?" Blair asked. "There's got to be something you know about that no one else does."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
HP: 1 | LP: 2 | Cnd: Snarky
jmucchiello wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:37 pm "So what have you seen personally that history books get totally wrong?" Blair asked. "There's got to be something you know about that no one else does."
"Like tha whole 'Tea Party' thing. People really got their nickers in a twist over that one." Wally jokes.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris Butler
HP: 1 LP: 4

Chris walked along just to the side of his brother, eying everyone they came across. He was sure someone here was going to try to kill them and he needed to figure out who it was. So as they arrived, he was uncharacteristically quiet. This day had figured frequently in his dreams and he felt like he'd seen just about everything that was going to happen and none of it gave a clue who the eventual culprit was going to be. Everyone seemed perfectly friendly and "normal."

"Portal." Chris pointed to where Skew was going to appear. Then he started trying (in vain) to spot where the next teleporter was going to come from. "Incoming." But he ran out of time and only succeeding in briefly meeting her eyes just as she appeared off to their left.

The conversation around him was starting to pick up but other things were slowing down and he relaxed a bit.

"No, no rain today." He looked in the direction of the girl in the tree. He saw her land there in one of his dreams but wasn't sure if she was gonna come down or not. Why was she staying away?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Blair spends more time with these guys than she had been spending with others. So she sends her second sight roving the central plaza. It happens to slip past Chris as Chris said "portal." So Blair says to Wally, "I think that guy over there is excited by your portals." (Wally should be able to see Chris pointing their way and Chris should have seen her pointing vaguely toward him.)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

When Chris responded he glanced over to look at his brother. Seeing Chris staring off into the distance he slowly looks in the same direction, wondering what caught Chris' attention.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Violet
HP: 1 | Condition: Bliss

Valerie closes the door of her dorm room behind her and breathes a sigh of relief. Another successful foray into The Outside, completed. Her bags are filled with vital supplies: chips, snack bars, energy drinks, beef jerky. Everything an experienced shut-in needs to hide away from the world for long periods of time. Not that she ever had a choice in the matter, back home... but she's gotten used to staying inside all day at home. Why rock the boat by trying something new now?

There's nothing on her walls. She doesn't have anything to put on them, and she hasn't thought of getting anything. It doesn't matter. She turns on her brand new computer, compliments of the Vanguard Academy. She's already installed her favorite games on it. This is her real room. This is her world.

Valerie pulls up her legs and floats in front of her computer, eyes level with the monitor. She opens her browser, puts in her earbuds, and sighs contentedly. Then she gets to work. Her favorite vtuber is playing the remake of Zombie Planet 3 tonight, and he needs her support.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
jmucchiello wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:27 am "I think that guy over there is excited by your portals."
"Shhh... don't make it weird." Wally whispers.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Blair giggles. "Sorrrry."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

jmucchiello wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:37 pm
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:14 pm
" Legally, I'm still a teenager. Also...I need some time to get all my memories in order. Always takes a couple of years. People thought this would be the best place for me."
Mateo shrugs. " I don't mind going to school again. I don't much appreciate being treated like a kid by people less than a generation old, though...just because my current body has been around for less than 18 years."
"So what have you seen personally that history books get totally wrong?" Blair asked. "There's got to be something you know about that no one else does."
" Not just dude", Mateo says in response to Mack, " I've been female a lot of times. And yeah, that's basically it. It's hard to prove. Also...let's be honest, I know a lot of things, but science marches on. So a couple of years to catch up is not the worst thing."

He turns to Blair. " Alexander the Great....he didn't die of sickness. Someone poisoned him. We...never found out, who. He might even have survived if his liver hadn't already been damaged from all the drinking. But as it was...there was nothing I could have done for him." He looks into the distance for a moment before pulling himself back together.

" On a funnier note...Louis the 14th was prone to terrible flatulence. The Sun King could stink up a room like nobody's business. You have no idea how hard it is to keep a straight face when next to you, the most powerful person in France just lets one rip loud enough to make the windows rattle"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew

"Thas the French for ya." Wally says as if expecting that.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:1 CND: Amused

" At least he had good teeth", Mateo retorts.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok
Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine

'Why is there a girl hiding in that tree over there?' Zoska wonders as she looks out over the campus from her window. 'Maybe I'll ask her later.'

When her cigarette was done, Zoska stubbed out the butt in the wall outside her window and put it in the waste bin in her room. Then she opens it up and taps trepidaciously at the laptop she has been given, using the login details the Academy has assigned her to set up her accounts - with super strong passwords on everything - and get on the internet. As part of this she sets the language the computer uses to be Belarusian Cyrillic.

She checks her email, pulls up office apps and plays about on it for a while before closing the lid, standing up, and leaving her room, making sure the door is locked behind her.

She wanders the halls for a while, getting the lay of the land, her powers tasting the lingering scent trails of the other female students through the building and into their rooms. But she is not quite ready to start knocking on doors to chat to people.

She poked her head into the Free Area and rummaged through the books shelved there, not finding anything that immediately caught her attention. But she had seen a library on the map of the school she had been given. Maybe there would be something she wanted to read in there?

With that thought in mind, she left Byrne House and walked across the campus towards where she thought the library was...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
Neo-Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:06 am " At least he had good teeth", Mateo retorts.
Skew scowls at the harsh but accurate comment.

"Fer that, I'm taking your cookie." Wally says using a portal to extract another cookie from the inside the bag without crossing the intervening space. The motion was seamless and smooth and over in an instant. It was easy to imagine the brit lifting a purse or wallet with a trick like that.

"In any case, you guys have got ta see the rec room in the dorms." As he speaks a person-sized portal opens behind him showing what he describes. "... got a pool table, foosball, a pick-yer-game arcade machine in the back with loads of old-but-fun games - fighting games and side-screen-scrollers an' whot not. TV in the corner wif all the streaming services. I never done much arcades or watching before but British comedy game shows are the tits - Taskmaster, 8 out of 10 Cats, Quiz of Everything... hi-larious, bruvs."

He looks to Blair. "I think birds are allowed in the common spaces, just not the rooms. We're all first-years, right?"
I don't recall if dorms were by gender and grade, or just gender.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:1

" Joke's on you, mate. Already had one", Mateo says with a grin.

At the sight of the rec-roon, his eyes light up and suddenly he is very much just a teenager.
" Awesome! I hope they got Street Fighter 2 Turbo on that!"