Vanguard Academy IC: Dorm Daze

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: Vanguard Academy IC: Feels Like The First Time

Post by jmucchiello »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:31 am Violet
HP: 1 | Condition: Frazzled
jmucchiello wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:57 pm With her stuff half unpacked in her room, she left the dorm, no one seemed to be around. She walked out the front door and saw another freshman girl looking lost. She teleported straight to her and introduced herself a thousand miles an hour. "Hi, I'm Blair. Are you new here too? It's so exciting isn't it? Love your skirt. It's so cute." The girl was friendly but a bit put off. "Do you know who that is? I don't. Let's find out." She teleported to someone else and repeated her introduction. Before greeting someone else. She was hoping to find someone else who was excited.
When Valerie gets the teleport-hi treatment, she... well, she freezes like a grape-colored deer in headlights.

"Um," she finally says. "H-hi." She shrugs her shoulders, indicating the double armfuls of snacks and junk food she's carrying, and motions to the dorm building, carefully avoiding eye contact. "I, uh, I need to put these away, so..." Her voice trails off and she hurries on her way. "I-I like your hair!" she calls out once she's gotten a safe distance away from the other student.
Part of Blair's plan was to see what people thought of her being so bubbly. Each time she teleports away, she leaves behind her other senses. So the girl with the snacks likes my hair and she's extremely shy. And she has snacks. Good to know. Oo, that boy is going into the boy's dorm. Probably too late to pounce him. He was talking to that girl who's definitely not in gamma class. She seems dangerous. Aren't we all?
Arkrite wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:15 am Maximilian "Mack" Butler

Mack flips back his hoodie, then turns his head a full 180 to look at the portal behind him, "That's so cool. How far can you go?"

His head completes it's slow 360 turn by turning back to face Wally.

"I'm Mack, and this is my brother Chris-" He looks over at Chris who seems to be distant, "Oh, uh, never mind him. Unless he says something like 'run', in which case follow him as fast as you can."

"Anyways, as you might have guessed, I'm the pretty one,"
He says cheerfully, "As for what I can do.. uh... maybe I better not show you. Mine's a little less cool. Unless you're hurt. Are you hurt?"
She notices three boys talking and a weird something happening to the space near them. Her teleporting sense doesn't like it. She ports a dozen yards away and watches as the one with the funny accent creates tunnels in space, not unlike how she teleports. "That's not natural," she says walking toward them, though it isn't clear if she's referring to the portals or to Mack's neck until she continues, "I wonder how they might interact with my teleporting." Before they can reply she rushes on. "Blair, by the way, gamma class. Gamma! Kind of pretentious, right?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
HP: 1 | LP: 2 | Cnd: Snarky

"Hurt? Not if I see it coming..."" he says haughtily.

And as if on cue...
jmucchiello wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:04 am She notices three boys talking and a weird something happening to the space near them. Her teleporting sense doesn't like it. She ports a dozen yards away and watches as the one with the funny accent creates tunnels in space, not unlike how she teleports. "That's not natural," she says walking toward them, though it isn't clear if she's referring to the portals or to Mack's neck until she continues, "I wonder how they might interact with my teleporting." Before they can reply she rushes on. "Blair, by the way, gamma class. Gamma! Kind of pretentious, right?"
Wally took the interruption in stride. "Blaire." he nods in greeting. "I'm Wally. This 'ere's Mack and Chris."

"I was just about to say I could get us dang near 50 kilometers though the step through's a bit jarring. Comfortable is mebbe... 270-something meters and wiffin 75 meters is jus' peasy; dun' even hafta have seen it." He takes a puff on his vape and blows out. A portal just in front of his lips takes the vapor about 20 feet into the air behind him, easily visible to the others. The wisps that do escape at ground level smell vaguely of raspberries and cinnamon.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:1 CND: Fine

Mateo raised his brow at the gathering. This could be interesting. Slowly, he got up and walked over to the group. " Hey, folks", he began...then noticed he was speaking Ancient Greek. Quickly, he switched back to English. " Sorry. Hi. Looks like it'll be a...colorful couple of years."

//I am referring to the group around Mack, Blair and Skew
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:52 am Skew

"I was just about to say I could get us dang near 50 kilometers though the step through's a bit jarring. Comfortable is mebbe... 270-something meters and wiffin 75 meters is jus' peasy; dun' even hafta have seen it." He takes a puff on his vape and blows out. A portal just in front of his lips takes the vapor about 20 feet into the air behind him, easily visible to the others. The wisps that do escape at ground level smell vaguely of raspberries and cinnamon.
"Cool, I think 270 meters (that;s like 900 feet right?) is my limit. But I can't do the portal thing," Blair says. "Where're you from? I'd guess based on your accent but I'm sure I'd be wrong and it would be insulting."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
jmucchiello wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:04 am"That's not natural,"
"Hey, this," Mack says cheerfully as he waves a skeletal hand next to his skull, "Is all natural. I haven't had any work done. But if you think these cheekbones are from plastic surgery, please feel free to look for scars."

He tosses his head back and laughs again.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok
Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:01 am An observation of the way the other girl looked at things clued her in on a possible conversation of interest. Jessamine approached at an easy pace before matching her steps. They were going in the same general direction, after all. "First time on campus?" Her words came smoothly.
"First time in the USA, let alone first time at a place like this!" she replies, then does a bit of a double take. "But you speak Belarusian! I did not expect to meet anyone here who speaks my language! Especially with a Minsk accent! Where did you learn it?"

"Agent Matthews over there is seeing me set up here. Apparently I am a ward of the school. You are also a student here? What is your name? I am Zoska Vitoldovna Ipatava."

[OOC: I'm going to guess Jessamine's power does accents too? Also, does she have any particular distinctive smell/taste about her that Zoska might pick up on?]
Last edited by Tony Jones on Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I'll take your word on the lack of scars," Blair says. "But I was referring to the dimensional tunnels Wally is casually creating and manipulating. Advanced stuff. I didn't expect another teleporter to be here. Not sure why. It really isn't a rare power."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jessamine Sinclair
HP: 1 | Condition: Startled

What she got in response nearly has the young woman halt mid-step. Belarusian? She hadn't even reached her mastery in French, let alone something distinctly slavic. Given the girl's surprise, she definitely wasn't the cause either. Unless Dennis's unknown abilities affected her, the only conclusion she could have was that it was her own power at fault.

Smiling to put the girl at ease, she continued to speak as if nothing was wrong. "Studying new languages is a hobby of mine. One of my preferred methods is listening to native speakers online." There. She felt it that time, now that she knew to pay attention. A slight preasure in the middle of her head. When she next spoke, Jessamine let instinct guide her as she wrested control of this new aspect. Her words became distinctly English, as they should've been. Jessamine Sinclair. I'm in class Beta. You'll like it here."

Throughout their talk, Zsoka would note the sharp scent of alcohol from a recently used hand sanitizer, as well as her lavender shampoo.

OOC: I hadn't considered accents, but it makes sense. I envision it as a form of mental hijacking/benign mind control. To Dennis, she probably sounded American.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok
Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine

"Ah, I see," she replied, nodding. "Well, if you need to practice your Belarusian some more, I would happy for a chance to keep speaking it."

"I am not sure what class I will be in," she continued, swapping to her heavily accented English when Jessamine switches to English. "I think Agent Matthews mentioned Delta class? But what that means I do not know. It's very different to schools at home. But hopefully it will be good. Teach me many things."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:00 pm "I'll take your word on the lack of scars," Blair says. "But I was referring to the dimensional tunnels Wally is casually creating and manipulating. Advanced stuff. I didn't expect another teleporter to be here. Not sure why. It really isn't a rare power."

" I wonder why. Only one or two generations ago, being in two places at once was the sole right of the gods..."
, Mateo remarks. " Powers seem to grow more and more outlandish these days."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

Mack just stared at Blair as confusion rolled through him. Deciding to skip explaining the scarring joke he went with the question that seemed far more interesting.

"Wait, if what Wally does is unnatural does that mean that there is natural teleportation?" Mack asks, earnestly excited to learn about this.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew

"Right, you guys an your 'feet' and 'miles'. Bloody non-sense." Wally mutters. "An' I'm from Dover, England." He turns back to the conversation's direction.

"Yeah, iss like, no one jus' can fly, an' tha's it. Iss always, 'fly AND tough AND strong'." he says.

"Wish I were tough n strong, though. Alls I can do is make tha most of wot I got." he reaches forward into a portal and an answering one allows him to scratch that hard-to-reach spot of the back. His looks of bliss as he gets the itches out. They close when he withdraws his hand.

"So, new guy, wo's your shtick? Mack is... well he's on a super diet. Chris is a walking alarm, apparently. Me, Wally or Skew, I got portals, obvi. Blaire can teleport as only a *part* of her powers..." he say that last with a mocking air of aristocracy and raises a hand with pinky extended before turning to the new guy..

"Wassyer name? Wassyer powers? And wass wit tha verbal spasm when ya first came over. Thot you was having a super stroke."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jessamine Sinclair
HP: 1 | Condition: Acceptable

"I may take you up on that later." She genuinely stated. There were aspects to her psionic power she'd yet to fully uncover, it seemed. Testing aspects of it with someone willing would be beneficial. "Schooling here in the colonies is going to be different than what you're used to, but you'll adjust. You seem like you're the type to take on a challenge."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

Mack chuckles, "Oh, I'm not on a diet."

He reaches into his hoodie and pulls out a plastic baggy full of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, "Cookie?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Dennis Sloane
HP: 1, LP: 3, Condition: Fine

Dennis is able to find his room easy enough. He opens the door with his keycard confirming it is indeed an '8' on the form.

He looks at the room and it looks oddly familiar. Pretty much like every hotel he has ever stayed in. Except for one thing. There is a welcome letter with a bottle of water and some peanut butter crackers. How cute. I guess it's the school version of bottle of wine and mint on the pillow. Not that he ever stayed in those type of hotels.

The room Dad and his family setup for him was a bit nicer. Dad said he got some help from his son to decorate. Expecting Power Rangers and Transformers, he got a much simpler room with some random sports stuff. He appreciated effort.

Like now. He puts his stuff down and holds up the gift-wrapped tube his brother and sister gave him before he left. He opens it up and unrolls the poster inside. It's that rock band from the concert they all went to. The very first concert he ever went to. They seemed to be more excited about it than he was. Still, he will hang it up, just in case they ever visit him on campus.

They had included some of that putty for hanging things so he wouldn't mess up the wall. Since he didn't have anything else to put on the walls, he picks the most central point to hang the poster.
The poster is open to anyone who wants to comment on it, as is Dennis' door. I dont know if anyone is left who could be inside the dorm.