Vanguard Academy IC: Dorm Daze

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: Vanguard Academy IC: Feels Like The First Time

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:1 CND: Wary

Mateo looks around, his stance shifting subtly as he scans the room for potential threats. " I only have normal human senses. And I can tell you, I really don't like not being aware of potential threats..."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok (Zoska Vitoldovna Ipatava)
Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine; Class: Delta

"I do not like it either!" comments Zoska. "Do you think we should pull this?"

She points to the 'weird stuff' alarm on the wall, and looks around at the others, clearly not 100% keen on causing what might be a huge fuss within hours of arriving at the Academy...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

"You taste everything?" He steps back covering himself with his arms, "I feel violated."

Mack looks at them pointing at the alarm.

"It's an emergency?" Mack asks confused, "I'm not sure how somebody being invisible is an emergency. I mean, maybe if it was the girl's dorm?"

"Anyways, I'm heading for the Harry guy building, I don't want to be late for the first day thing,"
He said, heading for the door. He didn't want to be blamed for pulling the alarm on the first day.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Blair "Indigo" Holland (gamma)
HP: 1; Location: boys dorm game room; Condition: Normal

"Where is this invisible thing now?" Blair asks. When pointed toward, she says, "Hey, what are you doing here?" to the empty space. "Show yourself."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
HP: 1 | LP: 2 | Cnd: Snarky

"Don't seem like an active threat right now. Rather than pulling an alarm I'd say chinwag a teacher." Wally advises. "Prolly just a power someone's flexing or can't control."

"Mack, you'd be like, an hour and change early for orientation." Wally says abandoning the racked balls on the pool table. "One game of foos ball. Partners. You and your bro vs. me and the geezer." he nods his head toward Mateo. "C'mon, you gonna let an old man scare you away?" he taunts playfully.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:37 am "You taste everything?" He steps back covering himself with his arms, "I feel violated."
"Try it from my end!" comments Zoska grimly. "My powers mean it is like I am licking everything around me all the time! Gross, no?! But not as gross as some things - and some people!"

She pauses for a moment. "Present company excluded, of course!" she adds with perhaps less than 100% conviction.
Arkrite wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:37 am "It's an emergency?" Mack asks confused, "I'm not sure how somebody being invisible is an emergency. I mean, maybe if it was the girl's dorm?"
"Oh yes, because big tough boys are immune from being murdered by invisible creepers, yes?!" she replies sarcastically. "We don't know anything about how dangerous it is! Could be reconnoitering ninja assassin or something!"
jmucchiello wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:38 pm "Where is this invisible thing now?" Blair asks. When pointed toward, she says, "Hey, what are you doing here?" to the empty space. "Show yourself."
Zoska shrugs. "I don't know," she says. "It seems to have disappeared outside, like a ... what do you call it .. teleporter or something."
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:58 pm "Don't seem like an active threat right now. Rather than pulling an alarm I'd say chinwag a teacher." Wally advises. "Prolly just a power someone's flexing or can't control."
"Chin ... wag? What is chin wag?" asks Zoska, confused. "You may be right. Or may be ninja assassins. Hard to tell!"

[OOC: Is Skew's portal to outside still open?]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Blair "Indigo" Holland (gamma)
HP: 1; Location: boys dorm game room; Condition: Normal
Tony Jones wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:29 pm Zoska shrugs. "I don't know," she says. "It seems to have disappeared outside, like a ... what do you call it .. teleporter or something."
"Another porter? I guess they really aren't that rare."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris Butler
HP: 1 LP: 4

"Mack, you're probably the only one here that can smell the difference between sage and oregano." Chris shrugged and tossed his bag into his room.

"You don't have to worry about sneaky invaders." Chris laughed. "Believe me, nobody's gonna die today. Except maybe of boredom during the speeches."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
Tony Jones wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:29 pm "Chin ... wag? What is chin wag?" asks Zoska, confused. "You may be right. Or may be ninja assassins. Hard to tell!"

[OOC: Is Skew's portal to outside still open?]
[Yes, so far.]

"Have a causerie. Chew the fat. That sorta thing." Wally clarifies. "You said it smelled 'familiar'. Smell a lotta ninja-assassins do ya?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Blair sends he second sight close to the far end of Wally's portal. See if there are any lookyloos or anyone suddenly becoming visible.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

"See? Nothing to worry about. No invisible demons waiting to eat anybody faces," Mack says, patting his brother on the shoulder, then lowering his voice he adds to Chris, "Lets get out of here before they pull the alarm and get us in trouble."

Making his way towards the door and/or shared room he asks, "What's a foos ball? That some kind of British thing?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew

"Naw, Mate. It's football but with lil guys on poles." Wally walks over to the table.

"You spin 'em and shift 'em to hit a plastic ball into the other team's goal." Wally demonstrates the mechanisms. "Hella fun. it teams you just control different sets a poles."

"Thought when we play, can your brother switch off the early warning system?'
Wally asks dubiously.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Shock wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:23 pm "You don't have to worry about sneaky invaders." Chris laughed. "Believe me, nobody's gonna die today. Except maybe of boredom during the speeches."
"Well, let us hope so! I shall check anyway..."
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:12 am "Have a causerie. Chew the fat. That sorta thing." Wally clarifies. "You said it smelled 'familiar'. Smell a lotta ninja-assassins do ya?"
"Still no idea what you talking about!" replies Zoska to Skew's 'clarification'.

"I have tasted one ninja assassin, yes," she continues. "But that is not what I mean. It is like ... the taste of something familiar. But I can't remember what. Frustrating! And no, it makes no sense to me either. Powers are bullshit sometimes!"

"I shall see where this goes the other way, if anyone wants to come along. And assuming I am not killed by ninja assassins, I shall see you all at the orientation thing."

She pops through Skew's portal back to outside and begins hunting around, finding the scent of the invisible thing and following it off across the grounds of the Academy...
Last edited by Tony Jones on Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Blair's second sight follows Zoska.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

???
Condition: Frightened

'Followed. Followed. We are being followed. The Girl of Ash is following us. We can see her. We can hear her. We know now that she is dangerous. Mistress will know. Mistress must know.

If it was possible for nothing to be afraid of something, that might've been the case here. To think that a girl might catch if whiffs of something then proceed on a merry jaunt throughout the campus in pursuit of absence is quite absurd. Yet here it was, and this concept of an idea of a thought needed to-

Nothing vanished.

Jessamine Sinclair
HP: 1 | Condition: Displeased

A warning dared in the back of her mind of girls and far too sensitive a nose, and Jessamine felt a flash of something roiling beneath the surface. 'Leave,' She told it. A dull sensation she'd never noticed up until promptly faded, leaving, now that she recognized it, two others.

It seems these creatures were in fact dismissable, if she so wished. Useful in certain circumstances.

Sitting in the car as her dad finished loading her things, the young woman considered how to best approach this as a situation. If that girl could truly track things by scent alone, than there was a chance of discovery. To best approach a confrontation perhaps ignorance would be the best option. A truthful one, really.

It was not as if Jessamine had set it loose purposefully, much as she appreciated its insights.

Doing so might help foster a sense of trust in these younger students, making her seem not so different after all. Everyone makes mistakes.

She would weigh her options during the ride back.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."