Vanguard Academy IC: Dorm Daze

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: Vanguard Academy IC: Feels Like The First Time

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:58 pm Skew
HP: 1 | LP: 2 | Cnd: Snarky

"Mack, you'd be like, an hour and change early for orientation." Wally says abandoning the racked balls on the pool table. "One game of foos ball. Partners. You and your bro vs. me and the geezer." he nods his head toward Mateo. "C'mon, you gonna let an old man scare you away?" he taunts playfully.
Mesh
HP:1

Mateo raises a brow and grins before assuming a stern expression. " Watch your tone, young man!" And he absolutely nails the combination of condescension and irritation as befitting a 'geezer'.

" But yeah, I'm game. Let's do this!"
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Violet
HP: 1 | CND: Ready as she'll ever be

Valerie has a pair of finger chopsticks on her right hand. She reaches them into her bag of powdered cheese snacks and brings one up to her mouth as she scans through the notes she's made on the class.

She isn't really sure what Hack is into, to be honest. It might be computers. Mostly she's into avoiding attention, which Valerie can easily empathize with. Just the thought of having to talk to someone in front of a camera makes her want to hide under her bed and never come out. The student who does most of the talking for Delta Class seems to be called Syntax. Sort of a class leader. Super smart, or super charismatic, or something. Valerie honestly doesn't care. If he'll talk to people so she doesn't have to, she's happy.

Valerie did some digging into who the strongest students at the school are, too. Their names are Kovar and Scrap. Both of them seem well liked. She hopes that means they're nice. This is the first time Valerie's ever gone to school with other people, but she's read all about the bullying that can go on. She doesn't know how strong Kovar and Scrap are, exactly, but she's sure they're stronger than she is, and she hopes they don't decide to make an example of it to the rest of the school, or worse, think she's some kind of a threat to their status. They're both older than she is, so with any luck, she'll be too much of a small fry for them to waste time with. And if she isn't, well... she's gotten pretty good at hiding from people.

None of those students will probably be at the orientation today, anyway. Just people Valerie knows nothing about at all. Sigh. She plays video games for an hour or so to relax and calm herself down, and then she sets off across campus to the auditorium.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew

Skew watches the European girl pass back out of his portal on her quixotic quest. He closes the silvery portal.

"So.... we all just glossing over the statement that the intense girl is licking all of us, all the time?" Wally asks dubiously.

"Just ignoring that completely, are we?" he says retrieving the small plastic ball for the foosball game. He avoids eye contact with the others at his questions.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok (Zoska Vitoldovna Ipatava)
Class: Delta; Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine

Emerging back outside, Zoska raises an eyebrow as the portal closes behind her. "They'll be sorry if I really do find some ninja assassins!" she mutters to herself in Belarusian as she casts around for the weird scent she spotted in the boy's game room.

Given that she knows it went through the portal that narrows down the hunt a great deal, so it does not take her long to pick it up and begin following it off across the grounds, walking briskly along the trail.

Unfortunately, she quickly finds that there is not just one trail but several zig-zagging back and forth across the grounds, which makes trying to find where the thing came from much harder. She is able to get some idea of the ages of the trails, which eventually leads her back towards the entrance road and she ends up standing by the gates looking out to where the trails fade off into the distance.

Zoksa is not willing to try and leave the Academy grounds so soon after arriving, and, after checking the time of her phone, with the time of the orientation session rapidly approaching.

So with a frustrated look through the gates, and several muttered Belarusian swear words, she turns back towards the Academy buildings, looking at her map of the place before heading for the Harry Manfredini Auditorium.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:38 pm "So.... we all just glossing over the statement that the intense girl is licking all of us, all the time?" Wally asks dubiously.

"Just ignoring that completely, are we?" he says retrieving the small plastic ball for the foosball game. He avoids eye contact with the others at his questions.
"Give her a break. She's also licking the floors and anything in a bathroom and chemicals in a janitorial closet. Blech," Blair says. "Not a power to envy, or, like think about too closely."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

"Oh, it's table soccer. Weird," Mack says, walking over to fiddle with the levers.

"So, just to check, if I told you my power was to see people's souls, and everybody's souls are buck naked you'd be okay with that?" Mack asks absently.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris Butler
HP: 1 LP: 4

"I didn't feel nuthin so what do I care? Taste is 75% smell anyway. That's probably what she means."

Chris stood over the table to watch the game. "It's not an alarm, I see what's gonna happen. And I already know so there's no shutting it off." He smirked at Skew. "Don't worry. It's more fun for me if Mack don't know he's gonna lose."

"Bro, my soul is always naked. Anyone who can see it is pretty lucky."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
Arkrite wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:09 pm "So, just to check, if I told you my power was to see people's souls, and everybody's souls are buck naked you'd be okay with that?" Mack asks absently.
"Has my soul got me dangly bits? Me knob and cobblers? Twig and berries? Willy and the band? Meat and two veg?" Wally asks eyebrow raised.

"If not, knock yerself out."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler

Mack stops, cocks his head to the side then looks over at Wally.

"Well of course it would. Why, was there, uh, damage?" Mack asks, his head slowly tilting to look down towards Wally's waist.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:59 pm "Has my soul got me dangly bits? Me knob and cobblers? Twig and berries? Willy and the band? Meat and two veg?" Wally asks eyebrow raised.
"Ewww," Blair says. "Gross."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew

"Now I *know* you're winding me up." Wally says, but steps behind the foosball table anyway.

"I don't think souls got a gender. They're souls!" he says complaining that such a thought ruins his meta-physical views.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler

"Nah, seeing souls isn't my power. I don't have the eyes for it," He says, pointing to the hollows where eyes ought to be, "But I think I have a boy soul. Or maybe now it's a skeleton soul? Either way-"

Mack stops then turns to face his brother, "What you mean think I'll win?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:1

Mateo shrugs. " We don't mind what dogs can smell on us, so...how is this different? I shower everyday, so..."

As he takes his position at the table, he listens to Skew and remarks, " They don't. Been a woman a couple of times. Slightly more often than I have been a man, actually."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler

Mack just turns to look at Mesh for a second before turning back to Wally, "So are we playing?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew

Skew looks at Mack, "Pities on you. You'da seen a prime tallywhacker." Wally says.
jmucchiello wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:11 am "Ewww," Blair says. "Gross."
"You was the one talking bout me portals, Luv." Wally reminds.

"Yeah, les do this." he says stepping up to the back half of one side of the table taking the goalie and blockers positions and wiping a forearm across his mouth in preparation.

Mateo, in his ear, hears Wally's whispered voice. "Might not come up, but if'n I says 'marmalade' level your guys off so's they're out of the field. I'm making it so we can hear each other's whispers."
[DC25 Perception to notice micro-sized portals in the ear canals and in mouths of Wally and Mateo. They would move with the boys.]