DC COMICS

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
act

DC COMICS

Post by act »

Will there ever be a new dc comics role-playing game in 2023?
I Am sorry to ask this question
Davies

Re: DC COMICS

Post by Davies »

act wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:24 pm Will there ever be a new dc comics role-playing game in 2023?
I Am sorry to ask this question
Your guess is as good as ours. I suspect that if the forthcoming Marvel Multiverse game sells well, DC's licensing department will get interested in taking some of that money for themselves, but that's at best a half-assed prediction.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

No worries. It's on topic.

I doubt Green Ronin will try to dip their toes in it again, given how the mixed metaphor got their fingers burned this last time (basically, they had to spend years of not releasing anything for 3E while they worked through DC editorial, who kept changing their minds because they wanted the material to reflect the current Nu52, not to mention a fair amount of power-geeking). DC may have other plans, but we're not likely to hear them long before they come out, because that sort of thing is under even stricter NDAs than regular RPG material.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised Marvel isn't trying to push things given their current MCU success.
act

Post by act »

yeah,i see what you mean,i hope it happens.