Vanguard Academy OOC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Vanguard Academy OOC Thread

Post by kenseido »

The alcohol bit isn't a "disagree with him" thing. It's a pretty big deal to society in general, and to police officers in specific. Her tone is outright insulting towards authorities.

She is acerbic, abrasive, and someone who really has no idea of how nasty things can really get, from his perspective. That's why he started with clueless. But she just kept digging herself a deeper and deeper hole.

Also, this is carry over from the early encounter as well when she attacked a girl for using a nullifier to help control her powers.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fair assessment from his perspective I guess.

Though of course there are reasons why she reacts to the authorities and nullifier tech in those ways which make total sense to her...
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sadly, it's going to be a long time before he will be willing to "hear" her point of view.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fair enough. Won't stop her expressing it though!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Though you never know. In one game, my character was getting thoroughly annoyed by this other PC who was hopelessly naïve; until another PC said something that completely reframed his entire attitude. That annoying, idiotic, naïve moron suddenly became innocent and worth protecting.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Wouldn't have it any other way with her, obviously.

We've been "walking over" to the main area for awhile now, might be about time for the scene transition to fulfill if everyone's done.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Everyone who used the portal immediately arrived in the waiting area, so I assumed we were there talking. Similar to before.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I've been assuming a teacher would break up the gab that is decidedly not about the training mission soon.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

One of the failings of PbP is these situations, where only a short amount of time is supposed to pass but players with more availability just keep chatting on so that what is supposed to be 1-2 minutes has 4 hours of conversation in it.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I mean, I dig it. I'd keep this up forever if permitted, there's plenty Jessamine can say still regarding Mesh's apparent past lives or the underage drinking thing. The rational part of my brain is saying we've just been taking awhile is all.

I really do like how active in the talking this group is when permitted. Good for roleplaying.
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Agreed. Enjoying the roleplaying!

It's a weird contrast where out of combat there can be a lot of back and forth which as you say can pack lots of conversation into what in reality might be a short period of game time. Then combat starts and everything slows right down, so a short period of combat in game time takes ages in real time...

Not sure what the solution to that is though given the inevitability of combat in a supers-type game.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tony Jones wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:13 pm I am curious why Dennis thinks people who disagree with him are automatically clueless or morons though. Or is it just Zoska's winning personality? ;)
That's a trait most teens (and far too many adults) share
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fair!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, RL has been a bit busy for me this week. Sorry for that delay as it will likely be another day or so before I can get anything posted.

So I'm TOTALLY OK with everyone RPing things and getting some more interaction between the characters
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

ALrighty then, man!
------------