Vanguard Academy OOC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: Vanguard Academy OOC Thread

Post by Tattooedman »

Two more robots, but one is fghting with the student NPCs while the other is Dazed until next turn. I'll have those posts up shortly since it's a slow night at work for once ( watch that jinxs it).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Dazed doesn't mean no action anymore. It only means only a single standard action. It is basically Staggered for one round, but it doesn't stack with Staggered. So if a target is Staggered, Dazed is meaningless.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

kenseido wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:48 am Dazed doesn't mean no action anymore. It only means only a single standard action. It is basically Staggered for one round, but it doesn't stack with Staggered. So if a target is Staggered, Dazed is meaningless.
Right, but the way the Intrepid robots are designed they have to be able to move towards the target to hit them with their attack. So they can't move & attack with being Staggered.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Ahh, I see.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Has there been a map update? Hard to figure out what to do as a teleporter without a map. I think we're on the third round. But I'm not sure.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Given how badly my last attempt went I haven't made an updated map. And with the size of the area it would be a huge map to do on a graph page. Given my time constraints as of Late I thought it was less important.

But if you have questions on locations I can answer using the map that exists. For the most part everyone is pretty much still in the same location since two rounds ago.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

None of the robots moved?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

One was moving up the stairs to get to the big concentrsrionnof PCs, another got a bit closer to some students, but they otherwise didn't go very far overall. Pretty sure.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:09 pm None of the robots moved?
Yes they did, I had meant the PCs.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:14 pm One was moving up the stairs to get to the big concentrsrionnof PCs, another got a bit closer to some students, but they otherwise didn't go very far overall. Pretty sure.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:36 pm
kenseido wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:48 am Dazed doesn't mean no action anymore. It only means only a single standard action. It is basically Staggered for one round, but it doesn't stack with Staggered. So if a target is Staggered, Dazed is meaningless.
Right, but the way the Intrepid robots are designed they have to be able to move towards the target to hit them with their attack. So they can't move & attack with being Staggered.
I hate to ask, but in fairness, does this mean they can't use the Charge action (which is move then attack at penalty as one Standard action)?
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:36 am
Tattooedman wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:36 pm
I hate to ask, but in fairness, does this mean they can't use the Charge action (which is move then attack at penalty as one Standard action)?
Honestly? I don't know. I would have to look over the Charge Action & decide. But I but their main attack power so that it requires the ability to move & attack.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah, 3e Charge is a Standard action. You move your speed rank and attack at -2.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

kenseido wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:40 am Yeah, 3e Charge is a Standard action. You move your speed rank and attack at -2.
After just over a year of not running any games my game rule Memory isn't as sharp as it once was.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I only know it because I have a couple of characters who use Charge regularly.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah, it gives options to people who are staggered.