Thor Love and Thunder

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
catsi563

Thor Love and Thunder

Post by catsi563 »

just saw this and it was FUN. lots of laughs loads of easter eggs and just good clean fun all the way through

only issues id put out would be a tendency to overdo certain jokes. and occasionally seem like it didnt know whether it wanted to be an action movie with a darker tone or a comedic movie. it falls close to Men in black the frst one where it rides the middle ok but tends to slip off the line on occasion

two end credit scenes the mid credit scene introduces someone who shoulve been in the MCU since phase 3 at the least and I cant wait to see him stretch his legs in the future

Overall fun watch and recommended not in my top 10 MCU films but a worthy contender and nowhere near the bottom
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Libra X

Re: Thor Love and Thunder

Post by Libra X »

I really, really hope we see more of Omnipotence City in future stories: it has a delightful aesthetic and a wonderful High Fantasy concept (I would also love to see Mr Russel Crowe make a cameo as Zeus in a SHAZAM film, with the in-joke being that he deploys almost exactly the same performance, but as a friendly patron to Our Heroes).

The rest of the film is rather good too, though one hopes we’ll see other directors get a chance to work with the Mighty Thor - I’ve enjoyed Mr Waititi’s work, but hope he’ll move on before we reach the point of diminishing returns.

Also, you will never EVER convince me that Ms. Lena Heady was not being seriously considered for the role of Asgard Community Theatre’s version of Hela!
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It was a really fun movie. Some of the dramatic bits could have been done better, but they played up fun and humour well. Taika Waititi's style was on full display. It seems like Thor has found a sweet spot for the MCU, but it is starting to get repetitive.
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

I liked it. It was a really nice movie.