[Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 0, Fatigued

"We're need to secure a place of rest. We must proceed." The Mind provided
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

"I am fine, Shaper. And ready," Pounce said quietly. She watched curiously as he began doing something- it took her a few minutes to understand WHAT he was doing, although she didn't understand WHY. Once she undertsood the process, she began to help, gathering more materials so that the Shaper could complete his mysterious task more easily.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The Shaper's work went fastwer with Pounce's help, still he worked quietly. Once they were finished he looked to each of the Creations as though belatedly, just now, hearing their responses to his earlier query. Still, he did not speak. Instead the young man tucked two of the prepared sticks into Pounce's backpack. Then he crouched down, setting the third on the ground. With one fair skinned hand he reached into a pouch on his belt and took out two stone. He struck them against each other, creating sparks. Due to the angle he held the stone at their sparks were cast upone the bundles of dried plant matter tied to the stick on the ground. Eventually a small ember formed. Using his hands to shield the ember from excessive air flow he gently breathed upon the ember, gradually stirring it into a flame.

The newly lit torch was taken into hand, and the stones used to start it were returned to their pouch. With a tip of the flaming stick he indicated the battered down entrance to the Shaper School.

"Proceed, but stay on guard, and watch the rear."
OOC wrote:What direction are you heading?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points (Base 2): 0; Condition: Fine

"Of course, o Shaper!"

And unless anyone objects, Meat Shield leads the group down the ramp and down the hallway leading straight ahead (west)...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind

It was not the direction The Mind had planned on pursuing, but it nevertheless followed the bulky Creature's path by floating just above it.
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Meat Shield leads the way west. The floor, you note, is a stone tile. The walls are stone paneled. All cold and unwelcoming. Every so often there are red crystal stationed along the hallway, near to a wall. But they are all broken, as though smashed with great force. There are, or were, paintings, statues, and busts on pedestals along the walls. But these two have been slashed up or bludgeoned into ruination.

The are doorways without doors along the hallway. The first you come upon leads into a large living space with it's own network of hallways.

A few meters further down the hall you come upon a section of the building with an parallel hallway leading north to south. There several small rooms here. Each seeming to be a storage space. There is the scent of water nearby, which Pounce and Craze can detect. There is also a metal shafts near the closest of the room. Four shafts with chains dangling from them. Four bowls are stationed in a square pattern around this space.

Across from the storage space the wall opens into a hall leading north.

Further along the western hall you find a room it stone domes, several cabinets and cupboards. There is a room adjoining this one with long wooden tables and chairs lined up along either side of the tables.

The western hallway continues on into the shadows until it eventually opens up into another hall heading north.

You Shaper holds his torch ahead of him casting a warm light into the otherwise cold stone space. As you explore the west hall, he moves slowly, studying the vandalized art and shattered crystals. Every so often he seems to come to some revelation that causes his lips to curve downwards into a frown.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind

Approaching the storage cabinets and cupboards, it began to carefully open each through the use of it's telekinesis. There was always a chance that there might've been something useful still hidden within their confines. Even if there was not, it would learn whether or not they were empty and satisfy that pressing itch at the back of its thoughts.

Investigation: 10 (Ah well that's a shame.)
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Sakuro wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:37 am ... Every so often he seems to come to some revelation that causes his lips to curve downwards into a frown.
"Is there anything we can do to help with what troubles you, o Shaper?" Meat Shield asks, a little concerned.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!

With Meat Shield and the Mind out front, and Craze doing Craze-things, Pounce stayed a few paces back, guarding the rear. She looked carefully at each intersection, each opening- breathing deeply to check more more traces of any of the scents she had noticed near the entrance. Without even realizing it, she also took note of their path- just in case they needed to retreat.

>OOC:
-Investigation 1d20+1= 9
-Perception 1d20+9= 14
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/978774
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 1
CND: -1 toughness

Not quite sure what the Shaper was looking for, aside from a place to rest, Craze kept a vigilant eye out Partly for safety and partly for a small trinket or two. "There is water here atleast.", remarks Craze as h goes to poke arond the cabinets without moving them too much.
Investigation 3, Perception 16 not seeing too much I guess
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Craze and Mind peal off from the group, heading into the adjoining hallway to the south west, and heading parallel with the main hall heading west. On entering this hall they find that it run the length of the building, running east to west, and is host to five rooms. immediately ahead of them with row upon row of shelves. Most are broken. There is shattered glass figments, powders of different colors, and fluids of various colors, smells, and consistency littering the floor. Breathing in the fumes starts to make Craze and Mind feel woozie. To the east of this room is an open area that is host to a reservoir of water with shattered pieces of pottery strewn about the nearby area. To the west are the remaining four rooms. The first three have open doorways with no doors. The fourth is sealed with a stone barrier. To the left of the door is a small circular hole.

Trailing behind the others Pounce diligently takes in her surroundings. As she comes upon the room that shows signs of being used as a living space he sniffs at the air and detects the scent of urine. She also notes some scratches on the walls. She can't make out the details from out in the hallway, but they seem to form pictures of some kind.

Noting the two fliers peal off from the group your Shaper paused, allowing them to conduct their search of the storage area. The youth's dark eyes came to fix on Meat Shield when the large one eyed Creation voiced it's query. D'Tan was quiet for a moment, as though thinking on his response before giving voice to the words.

"When I was very young I was brought to a Shaper School, not too dissimilar from this one. I grew up there. Seeing this ..."

The Shaper looked to some of the destroyed artwork. His free hand raised and gestured at the rampant desecration the place of learning had been subjected to.

"... it is like seeming my home vandalized."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield

"Ah! I see, In that case I am sorry you had to see this, o Shaper!" replies Meat Shield contritely.

"But if you are familiar with places like this," they continue after a moment. "Where would be the best place for us to stop and rest? Is there anywhere particularly defensible?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!

Pounce felt a little bad for the Shaper, as she did whenever anything caused him pain or discomfort. But the whole idea of a "home" did not have much emotional resonance for her- she had only been fairly recently created, after all, and had not become attached to any particular place like that.

And really, for her, Home would be wherever the Shaper was, wherever he wanted to be. That was what was important for her. "Any place that is defensible is the sort of place where some of the other creatures, these Rogues, might have made a lair. I smelled more traces over that way," she said quietly, pointing towards where she had noticed the urine scent and the scratches on the wall.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind

The Mind returns a short while latter, somewhat dixy from the way fumes passed through it's sulci. "There was much destruction and unidentifiable substances. We found more rooms. One is blocked, and has a hole which might grant access to the room."

OOC: Sorry, I've beeen dealing with some off and on spikes of dental pain, I forgot to make a post between it all.
------------