[Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points: 2; Condition: Fine

"No, I am unhurt, o Shaper," replies Meat Shield, returning to within a few metres of him.

They look around with their huge compound eye, looking out for any signs of further trouble.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Pounce licked the blood off her claws and slunk back towards the group, her head down. "I am sorry, Shaper, that I was not here when I was needed. There wasn't anyone following us, not that I could see- but there didn't need to be, if they were ahead of us, lying in wait. Do we want to know where they came from? I could try to follow their trail back to their lair..."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The youth looked over Meat Shield's physical form, as though double checking that their regenerative properties were functioning as intended. His attention shifted to Pounce as she approached, apologizing. The Shaper's dark eyes studied her a moment, visually inspecting her before he spoke.

"Making certain we were not followed was a good idea. Not all good ideas bear fruit."

When the feline offered to track down the bandit lair Shaper D'Tan panned his gaze over the nearby bodies.

"The Serviles from Vakiri are being plagued by bandits like these, and other hostile Rogue creations in the area. They would likely appreciate any effort taken to be rid of them, but I am not sure I want to make their lives easier. They are Rogues and hold no loyalty to me or any Shaper. However, eliminating the bandits would mean we could travel without fear of harassment by them in the future. When we may be in a weakened state."
OOC wrote:I'm going to throw Pounce's question back at the group: Do you want to track down the bandit lair?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 2
CND: fine

D'Tan having such a distaste for creations without Shapers still baffled Craze. As best he could tell, the serviles got on just fine and some even better than fine. The whole concept of coins for items still baffled him a bit, but if it meant he could have tasty shiny things all the better. Other creations of D'Tan might press him, but Craze wasn't the curious sort in that regard.

On the topic of going after the other bandits, it certainly sounded more fun to Craze than their current path of meeting someone ancient. The bandits might even have more coins or things that shined in the light. "Traveling safer would be better. This is a dangerous island with rogues and bandits.", chimes in Craze. Clearly, he has other motives which he wasn't trying to hide too well.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 0; Condition: Fine

Chips listened on as the others spoke. Chips didn't like the servilles in the town. Telling their children ridiculous horror stories to scare them about Shapers. Wretched creatures.

The rogues were a bother to them all. If they could make it so the rogues would leave Shaper D'Tan and the rest of them alone while still harassing the town sounded like the best option. But they would need to have something to offer.

Or they could try intimidating them. A few more fights like this one should do the trick. But that wouldn't protect them when they are weaker as Shaper D'Tan said. In fact, it might encourage attack more.

"We would have to eliminate all the bandits, I think. And once we have taken down a few groups they will hide from us until one of those weaker moments. I wonder if we could find something the bandits want or need and help them. Give them a reason to want to keep us around."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield

"I agree with Craze. Making your journey safer is the most important thing, o Shaper!" chips in Meat Shield. They sound quite excited at the prospect of some more fighting and hunting, and are looking around eagerly for any signs of which way to go. "if that benefits the local Serviles I think that is much less important than your safety..."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Pounce had made her opinion clear by making the suggestion in the first place. While the others discussed things, she set to work checking the bodies of the serviles. If she was going to track them, she would need a scent. And even if she wasn't going to try to follow them, they might have useful items.

>OOC Loot the bodies, in time-honored tradition. She is less focused on money and such, more focused on useful gear (Pouches, packs, useful tools).
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:I didn't expressly mention it in my earlier post, however Meat Shield doesn't see any threats. That said, you are surrounded on both sides of the road by dense forest. You can only see so far.
Pounce moves about the area picking over the Servile corpses. Each of them is wearing leather armor under a set of robes. They all have a quiver stocked with javelins, knife, and a sword. Most also possess pounces on their belts and a backpack. There are simple things such as bed rolls, bottles with water, and some food. Most of the space in their packs is empty.
OOC wrote:Aside from the weapons, armor, and clothing Pounce is able to upgrade the group's travel packs and water containers. There is also enough food to add a day to the group's rations. If you source Servile meat, that would be even more food. But it would take some time to butcher them. She also finds 24 bonze coins amongst the eight bodies.
You Shaper listens as some of you share your thoughts on the matter. He is quiet, looking from the dead bodies to the wall of trees that hedge in around you.

"Help bandits or help the Awakened."

He is quiet and introspective for a time. When he does speak again it is more as though he were thinking aloud than talking to someone.

"These bandits must have a leader. Remove this person and they will be less effective and less organized, if they do not disperse altogether."

There is a brief pause, then the Shaper's dark eyes flicker over to Pounce. Watching her loot one of the bodies.

"Gather any useful supplies from the dead. Then we will set out in search of the bandit lair."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 2, Fatigued

With careful purpose The Mind flittered it's consciousness on the fading signals of the fallen Serviles, surface probes at most. There was danger in lingering within the confines of a dying brain, but the desire to Learn More was far too pressing. With some luck, perhaps one of them would still be in well enough shape to properly consume thoughts without risk.

Investigation/perception (whichever is more appropriate): 12
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 2
CND: fine

Craze greedily grabs a few coins, but not so many he is hindered in movement or stealth. Maybe next town they come across he can get more sweet shinies or trinkets. Bronze coins were nice to have, but in this world there was things oh so shinier.

Taking back to the sky, he prepares to head out looking for any signs of foot steps or something to indicate where this group was heading. Maybe to a leader? He wasn't much for tracking, so didn't have high hopes.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield

Meat Shield helps Pounce in packing the bed rolls, bottles with water, and some food in a more efficient way, trying to fit them into the smallest number of packs possible for ease of transport. As long as it's not too heavy, they are fine to carry it all...

And of course they keep alert for any signs of trouble.
Last edited by Tony Jones on Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 1; Condition: Fine

Chips helps with the packing, finding a few more efficient ways to put the items together.

He also takes one of the bags for himself to carry, despite Meat Shield's efforts to carry most of them.

"We shouldn't put all of our supplies on one person. You might be tough, but the bags and such are not as durable. If you get targeted in an ambush, we could lose everything."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield

Meat Shield considers this for a moment. "Very well," they nod, handing things over to Chips.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You Shaper makes no move to take part in the looting and packing. Instead he cast his gaze outward, watching the surroundings while the rest of you work amongst the corpses. Or in Mind's case, float eerily over the battle site.

When Mind searches for thoughts that still lingered among their attackers, Craze is able to point out the three he had disabled off to the left side of the road. With these directions Mind is easily able to find their way to the fallen.

Bounding from corpse to corpse Craze uses beat and foot open up pouches and collect the real important items ... shiny coins. Picking out the best he tucks them into the pouch around his neck that had once contained healing spores. After taking his share of the loot the avian takes to the air. Initially he goes too high. Heading over the treetops get him an eye full of canopy. Flying lowered amidst the threes and brush he searches around the corpses and notices a few signs ... broken branches and the like ... which he points out to Pounce.
OOC wrote:MrDent, note how many coins Craze is keeping on his character sheet. As for tracking the Bandits Craze doesn't have Tracking and will not be able to do so on his own. I will take your roll to function as a Team check to Aid Pounce's roll though.

Craze took out the three Incapacitated Serviles and can inform Mind where they fell. No rolls needed.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 2, Fatigued

Having discovered what it needed due to the bird's aid, the Mind places itself above one of those unconscious to observe it in silence. Underneath the surface it worked, working to carelessly rip thoughts from the servile's head and take them for its own. It wanted to know more. About how many there were in it's camp. Where it's camp was. And who it's strongest fighters may be.

Taking ten to attack as it's helpless, but a check for the power itself: 17
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."