[Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 0, Fatigued

For the Mind, to assassinate was almost as easy for it as it was for Chips. Presuming they didn't have a particularly strong brain.

Mental Lance: DC 19 Will (Subtle, Insidious)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points (Base 2): 0; Condition: Fine

With a wordless shout, Meat Shield leaps from the undergrowth and slashes at the bandit with their huge claws...
OOC wrote: Meat Shield slashes at a bandit: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14

If that hits, Toughness DC 22 to resist.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Mind sends a bolt of unseen psychic energy into the brain of their target. The Servile began to seize in place. Their eyes turned blood shot, then red tears trickled down their fair. Blood oozed from nostrils and ears as she shook on the ground for a few second ... then went still.

Meat Shield shout joins the cacophony of Craze's mind breaking kaw. The long limed creation launched themselves forward, slashing at their target with claws. The Servile bandit is quick on his feet, however, and nimbly ducks and weaves around their strike.

"We're under attack!"

... he cries out for naught as his comrades die around him. Seeing this he desperately holds his javelin up, prepared to plunge it into Meat Shield.
OOC wrote:Meat Shield missed his attack. Mind is able to kill their target.

Between the four of you, you can take out the last of the five bandits narratively.

Once that is done, Mind, Meat Shield, and Chips ... make a Perception check.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 0; Condition: Bruised x2

Chips looks around as he conveys an idea he had.

"I don't know if we want to take the time, but I could make myself look like one of them. Maybe even wear their cloths. Perhaps Mind could get any codes or info I might need to infiltrate them better."
Perception: 1d20+10 24
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield

Meat Shield snarls as the javelin stabs at them, even though it glances off their leathery skin.

"Let's try that again!" they tell the bandit. "And something new!"

One massive arm lashes out in a palm strike that catches the bandit square in the chest, their javelin spinning away with a cry as the palm strike smashes them through the undergrowth, and square into a stone wall. The bandit falls to the ground in a tangled heap, unconscious or possibly dead.
OOC wrote: That is:
Open Palm Hammer Strike +7, Close, Move Object 7 (Away Only) + Damage 6

And:
Meat Shield Perception Check: 1D20+17 = [3]+17 = 20
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

There weren't any other Serviles left standing. Meat Shield's companions had been efficient. Even if they and Craze had been more noisy in the assault than Chips and Mind. Still, that didn't stop the bandit from flying under the impact of the blow that long limbed creation delivered to it's chest. What did stop it was the stone wall he impacted with a wet flopping noise accented by the crunching sound of bones breaking.
OOC wrote:Continue as you are. I'll let you know when or if information from those Perception checks come into play.

Concerning Mind getting information from the bandits, two of them are alive. The ones that Crazed incapacitated. Though delving into the thoughts of people who were recently injured is going to come with guaranteed Feedback.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind

Psionic energy arced along it's sulci as the proposal for a mutual infiltration was drawn up, intriguing the creation. Perhaps this could be a way to further strengthen the bonds they shared as D'tann's creations, even with the danger present. It would be willign to risk it's own safety in order to accomplish this. "Yes. I believe this would be of benefit. The information one can learn while disguised as one of their own in a high-stress situation could prove to be invaluable. It would also benefit us by helping to coordinate a surprise attack on their remaining numbers."

With this determination, it approached one of the unconscious serviles picked by virture of being the closest, and readied to delve into it's mind.

Initial: 8 A bad roll, but as it's effortless I may attempt again.
-Will vs. feedback: 21

The mind of this particular servile was stronger than it had anticipated, despite it's state of awareness. It should consider moving onto the other in hopes it would have a weaker will. Compulsion yearned it to continue with it's first choice.

Second: 23 Much better.
-Will vs. feedback: 27
------------
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 0, Condition: Bruised x2

While Mind procures the information, Chips changes his shape to look like one of the bandits. He goes to one of the incapacitated ones and grabs clothes and armor from them to complete his disguise.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Fortunately for Chips, neither of the surviving Rogues had external injuries. Which meant the birches and tunic, as well as the leather armor they acquired were all without damage of blood stains. Except for a little around the shoulders where droplets had trickles down from their ears. It was an uncomfortable fit, because it had been an uncomfortable fit for the previous wearer. Apparently neither the clothes nor the armor were made for this Servile. The boots he took from them were also too big.

The Servile's skin is rough from years of wear and rigor. Still, it is less resilient than Chips' own skin. This Creation was not made for battle the way Chips was. There are scars from previous woes and a tattoo on his left forearm of a winged serpent. A drooping snout sprouts from the shapeshifter's face. Wrinkled and dangling. Hair grew from their head and more short or fine strands sprouted up on other places over their body in mimicry of the mammalian being they disguised themselves as.

While Chips dawns and familiarizes themself with their new form Mind plunged into the mind of the Rogue Servile. Crackling arcs of psionic energy linking them. The Creation is stubborn. Willful. Defiant. He pushes Mind out of his thoughts immediately, but Mind drives back in. Relentless. Hungry. As Mind pressed in they felt a darkening shadow of a winged beast roll over them. Sound grew louder and more intense. Vibrating their thoughts. For now Mind warded the growing thought-pain off, and stayed the course.

Mind searched for the code that linked the bandits and heard a bird call, then another, and another. Each one related to a signal or meaning. Each one identified connection to the group. There were feeling of anxiety mingled with comradery. Faces, blurred faces, washed over Mind's thought vision. Ghostly wisps of memory where their victim saw or performed a variety of signs with their hands. Unspoken messages were relayed. Some signaling allegiance, others holding different meaning. An unspoken language. Mind followed the link further and found a symbol, that of a winged serpent, inked on the bandit's forearm. They identified it as a symbol of the group, and in their memories, Mind found that all the other Servile bandits associated with this one possessed the same tattoo int he same place.

The sound and vibration welling up inside the Servile's thoughts followed Mind. Growing more intense. Louder. Threatening to bleed into them.

OOC wrote:You wanted to know how they identify each other as members of the bandit gang? From a distance they use bird calls. If Chips had a Voice Mimicry Feature attached to their Morph they would be able to recreate them without issue. Since they don't, and have no practice at doing so, Chips will need to make a DC 10 Presence check.

Up close they use hand signs. Which Chips can replicate without issue. They also have a tattoo of a winged serpent on the inside of their forearm. Chips is also able to replicate that.

If Mind wants to gather further information, they will need to make further Feedback checks with a +1 to the DC for each check. So you would be at +3 on the next, for a DC 20, with degrees of failure following those of Lethal Damage. You do not need to make further Power checks.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 1
CND: -1 toughness

So, are we going in quiet or barging through the doors?, inquires Craze over the mental link. His question was sort of answered as Chip turned. There was a lot of fun to be had with that trick. His vocal tricks only went so far. Now vocal and morphing tricks could be fun or so Craze figured. Given his a little over a week in age it was all so new to him,
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield

"Ooh! Barging! Barging!" comments Meat Shield in an excited tone.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips

"I think we should try infiltration. Maybe a little of both, really. Since the leader got away, he knows we were winning. So if I go rushing back looking like one of them, with you all a bit behind me. I think maybe they will more easily believe I am one of them who escaped and you are giving chase."

"It's risky, but it could be a chance to gain some extra information. And possibly sabotage their efforts."

Chips is sure to think his plan out rather than say it. He didn't want to take a chance of them communicating similar to how Mind can.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 1
CND: -1 toughness

"Good plan. When do we chase you? Start now?", inquires Craze. He wasn't the best on plans. Still, this one sounded a bit fun to pull off not ot mention quite amusing.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind

"Then we must begin." It prompted.
------------
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips

Very well. Do not follow immediately after, but wait just a tiny bit. Enough for those waiting in ambush to recognize me and say a few words, but not much more. I will follow Mind's guidance to avoid the traps."

And with that, Chips, in the form of a bandit, chases in the direction the leader went.