[Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points: 0; Condition: Fine

Meat Shield looks longingly in the direction of where the action is, wanting to take part. But they know their duty comes first, and remain close to the Shaper, keeping their eye and ears open in case of trouble...
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Scout
HP: 1, LP: 2, Condition: Fine

Scout is happy to have returned to Shaper D'Tan's side, bringing with him the medicinal plants and sap to aid in his recovery. He keeps looking around for more of those lizards. He hadn't been here during their first attack, and Shaper D'Tan had been injured. While he isn't much of a fighter, he could have taken steps to hide Shaper D'Tan from the enemy.

When Shaper D'Tan ordered him and Craze to track the creatures from the buildings, Scout's smile goes away. Leaving him again. Still, Shaper D'Tan wants it, so Scout will do his duty. Scout follows behind Craze, hiding himself along the way.
Using Invisibility
Stealth: 1d20+13 32
Perception: 1d20+7 16
Last edited by kenseido on Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 0
CND: Fine

The others were trained in areas arguably better suited to scouting, but given his age Craze didn't know that. If he was told to do something, he would do it. D'Tan made him, so that was that. Where those nine creatures were going, Craze didn't know. He did know the general direction, however.

Taking off with Scout, Craze does his best to be less than his haphazard self. It was like his previous time. Be quiet until close than pull the prank. This time it was be quiet to see what is going on. Maybe there would be a prank.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Keeping their eye and ears open for trouble...

Meat Shield Perception Roll: 1D20+17 = [20]+17 = 37
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 2, Condition: 1 injury

It takes the Mind a few moments to process their situation but makes a conclusion in the end as it supplants itself within Pounce's mind again. 'Run. Hide. Run. Hide. Run. Hide.'

Taking it's own combat advice into account, The Mind makes itself scarce within the treeline.

Stealth (Hide in plain sight): 16
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 2; LP: 0; Condition: normal

Pounce had been just about to take a nibble of downed fyora when they spotted the other rogues approaching. "Tell the Shaper. Tell the others," she hissed in response to the Mind's directive, both out loud and with her thoughts. Then she darted into the brush, moving not directly back towards the Shaper, but not directly away from him either. If he wanted her to return, the Mind would relay the command- otherwise she would draw off the new pack of rogues to allow the Shaper and his other creations time to organize their defense.

>OOC:
-Stealth check (at -5 for full speed) 1d20+4= 9
-Athletics check (either to maintain normal speed through the brush as before, or if that is not needed then to boost speed by 1) 1d20+9= 14
-Rolls https://orokos.com/roll/949378
(So I found those bad rolls I've been missing! The Athletics fails, so she is at either Speed 1 or 2, depending on the undergrowth. Stealth is pretty bad, but she does have Hide In Plain Sight, and if she can manage to break LoS, they will hopefully need Tracking to follow effectively. She will also use Leaping and Climbing if the terrain presents opportunities to do so- like climb/leap to treetops and move through branches to break a ground trail if there are trees close enough together. Also, she has Great Endurance, so she can presumably maintain full speed for some time, instead of having the classic cheetah failing.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Craze and Scout break away from the dense brush and enter the overgrown clearing dotted with buildings. Flying low they exploit tall grass, then move to use the walls of one of the stone ruins to cover their advance. Their approach doesn't go entirely unnoticed. One of the raptor-like lizards sniffed at the air, then turned it's head to the side, looking back. A series of clicking hisses come from it, then the others. Soon three of the Rogue Creations break away from the ground and turn around. They're running directly at Craze and Scout now.

Still well within the treeline, Meat Shield sees only vegetation around them and the earth beneath their feet. That and Shaper D'Tan. They notice an odd expression cross the Shaper's face. A few seconds later Craze, Scout, and Meat Shield receive Pounce's message: "Tell the others." D'Tan's expression shifted to concern as he looked past his bodyguard towards the clearing and buildings that were obscured by thorn bushes and trees. The direction Craze and Scout had flown off in.

"Tell us what? Craze found more Rogues. Possibly the rest of the pack we encountered earlier. Give us your location."

The words were spoken aloud, but also sent over the Mind's mental network. Though Meat Shield had seen the flicker of concern cross D'Tan's face it faded. Now replaced with a purposeful look.

In a sudden burst of speed, the Mind bolts away from the approaching reptiles. Pounce soon vanishes behind them amidst the leafy branches below it and the dense vegetation at ground level. Pounce for her part bounds onto a branch and leaps from tree to tree as she endeavors to evade her pursues, using trees and foliage as cover as she moves. Behind her the Rogues are not being so stealthy. The trampling of brush can be heard in the distance as the close in on her. She can smell their reptilian scent getting closer. Hear the vegetation part under bodies of a pack of running raptors.
OOC wrote:Mind has been fairly reserved up to this point. Since nothing was stated IC, I'm taking it as Mind not relaying any information to the others until Pounce pushes a message through them to D'Tan then the other PCs.

Because Craze and Scout aren't taking -5 to their Stealth, they're moving a -1 Flight for their initial approach. Craze get's noticed. The Rogue Fyora do not seem to take note of Scout. You aren't in combat, yet, but the Rogues are closing in on Craze. In the equivalent of 2 rounds (12 seconds) they'll be in range to engage you.

The Rogue Fyora definitely notice Pounce and Mind. If the Mind is moving at full speed, the Fyora won't be able to catch up with them. But they have to leave Pounce behind. If you try to cheese the scenario and use your superior speed and range to stay out of danger while combatting them, I am going to take a HP away from Mind.

The Rogues are closing on Pounce fast. It won't take long for them to catch up to her, as they do not seem impeded by the dense vegetation. In less than 30 seconds they'll be within range of their fireball attack.

As it stands there are 3 Fyora heading towards Craze and 6 going after Pounce. Right now I'm assuming Mind is going full speed.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 2; LP: 0; Condition: Normal (for now)

Pounce continued to push through the undergrowth as best she could. From time to time she would glance back, keeping track of her pursuers- the Shaper had made it so she wouldn't feel fear, but she didn't want to disappoint him, or worse, endanger him by failing to draw off the rogues. She did keep track of the Shaper's location, and the direction of her own movement. If his message reached her through the Mind's link, she would relay her position, direction, and situation. "Should I continue to lead them off, or go in a different direction?"

>OOC: Continuing to move not-exactly-away until directed otherwise. If the rogues start to get within actually dangerous distance, she will angle slightly to one side to sort of string them out a bit so they don't all get within launch range simultaneously. She will continue to move as best she can- since an Athletics check for increased speed only lasts for the round, should I make more of those, or can we just assume the likely successes and failure balance out over the course of a longer pursuit? Also, has she seen or have we traveled through, any area with more open terrain, where she might be able to move more freely? If so, she would head in that direction.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Scout
HP: 1, LP: 2

Scout pauses behind a tree and he watches the approaching creatures. It would be easy to fly up above the canopy, but that doesn't help anyone.

Still, he isn't sure if he and Craze can take out 3 of them. Craze has faced them, so he would follow the avian's lead.
Not ignoring, really waiting for MrDent.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 0
CND: Fine

The creatures were on to Craze and Scout. Three of the rogues are coming towards Scout and I. I will try to lure them away from your path Shaper., says Craze over the mental link. It was all fun and games until you had three fire spitting raptors chasing you. In principal, it should work the same way. Maybe lure the three creatures with the sound of a wounded comrade maybe?

Craze tried to stay in the brush and behind ruins hoping to find one big enough to make it plausible one of the rogues was behind it. If he found a suitable place within 80 feet or so, he would let out what he imagined was a series of click type noises strained to the point of sort of sounding like something happened to it. Not unlike a person screaming in agony, except this time it was clicking in agony. Once making the sound, he would make an effort to keep moving.
Standard: If possible, he'll use mimic sounds to what he imagined was a wounded rogue, based on the previous battle.
Around the standard, he'll use a move(move by action)

If no such place is visible for the ruse, he'll try to lure the creatures further into the ruins away from D'Tan.
I only have my work laptop currently which doesn't allow me to get to dice rolling sites. It would be +11 for decpeption and +7 for stealth including -1 for full move speed.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind

'We have found where they nest. We do not wish to lead them back to the shaper. We need to lose their trail, and make our way back to Shaper D'Tan.' The Mind inserted. 'If I could capture one alone, I could obtain more information. If I could capture one alone, I could obtain more information. If-'

The thought was forcefully cut off as it subconsciously recognized itself as entering another downward spiral of repetition. As a result, some of the messages being relayed through the creature came across as warbled and strange, at least until it snapped itself back to attention. 'Shaper D'Tan. We are being pursued. Attempting to evade them now. We have uncovered evidence of nesting. We have uncovered structures. We will provide more information once it is secured.'

In the meantime, it focused on Pounce and considered a way to help her evade the dangerous lizards.
OOC wrote:Sorry boss, been having some trouble getting into the right mindset as of late. ...Nothing? I tried.
Expertise: Tactics 25 To help create a plan of avoidance.
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Pounce springs through the foliage on all fours, bounding with bestial speed. Heedless of the thorn scraping at her. They bite and sting, but the thorns only leave superficial scratches. Nothing that won't heal in less than a minute. Behind her she hears the thrashing of the hostile Fyora in hot pursuit. They aren't gaining. It doesn't sound or smell like it anyway. Looking back might cause her to misstep ro slow down. She can't risk that, so she doesn't look back.

The feline thinks, trying to recall a location she had seen where her mobility wouldn't be so hindered. There were so, but they were few and spread out. Except for the trail that Meat Shield made and the clearing where the ruins were. There was tall grass and creeping vines around the old building, but nothing so dense and hindering as she had to deal within the thick of the forest.
OOC wrote:The Mind's Tactical Assessment: The simplest thing Mind could do is pick Pounce up and carry her away. Mind is far faster than the Rogue Fyora. Even one turn of moving her would make a huge difference. You could Power Stunt off your second array, the one with Mental Lance.

That aside, the Rogue Fyora are just as fast as Pounce. You are in a low visibility environment, but the Fyora are following Pounce despite loosing line of sight with her. They must have another means of accurately sensing her. Stealth and obfuscation isn't likely to be effective here. Mind could, however, do something to slow the Rogues down. Right now they're keeping pace with her. Giving her some space would help buy time for her to join up with reinforcements.

However, the Fyora are clearly aware of Mind. The only reason they aren't going after them is that Mind zipped off at a speed they have no hope of matching. If Mind comes into range of meddling with them, Mind becomes a target. Getting ahead of them and having Pounce lead them into a trap or quagmire of some kind would be better than going after the Rogues in a more direct manner.
The Shaper's brow furrowed thoughtfully as he listened to the reports from the two separate pairs of Creations. After a few seconds he looked to Meat shield and pointed into the forest. It was the general direction that Pounce had described with her mental images of landmarks and their charted route of tracking and now evading pursuit.

"Craze and Scout are not too far off. Go help Pounce and Mind."

After giving Meat Shield leave to seek conflict with the Rogue Creations again, D'Tan sent a missive over the Mind's mental network.

"Come towards me Pounce. Shield is heading your way."

While Scout hovers behind a tree, Craze puts into effect his idea for a prank. The avian wings his way over to another building and begins pretending to be an injured Fyora. When he speaks around the corner to see what effect this has had, he notices the Rogues are running straight at him. Nothing had changed. They were sprinting straight for him. It didn't seem like they were buying into the ruse, so Craze moved to his fall back plan and began leading them away from Shaper D'Tan. Further into the ruins.

Around him were ancient buildings long abandoned. Some had stone doors like those he had seen at the Shaping Hall. The ones that slid into the ground when he approached them, then closed of their own accord when he left them behind. Most of the buildings did not have barriers to their entrance. Next to the largest of the six buildings is a patch of plants: yellow bumpy cones wrapped in green leave growing off of tall green stalks. Amidst them are vines trying to strangle the life out of them.
OOC wrote:Craze's Deception: The Rogue Fyora already beat Craze in an opposed Stealth versus Perception check. I'm not going to let you work in another attempt at Stealth unless something happens to change your circumstances. Moving to a new location is not enough for this. I'll allow the Deception, but at a -5 circumstance penalty. They know you're there, but it is possible one of their pack is wounded and got away after the skirmish you had. Your ruse is plausible, but again, they know where you are. It'll be like you have a hostage, or one of their pack is trying to escape you, rather than you being the injured Rogue.

Here is a roll for your Deception: Deception, voice mimic ruse: 1D20+11-5 = [3]+11-5 = 9

They don't buy your ruse, but you do lead them further into the ruins as they chase after Craze. Craze is also able to out pace the Rogue Fyora and stay ahead of them.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 2; LP: 0; condition: Normal

At the Shaper's direction, Pounce began to shift her course back in his general direction- hopefully she would meet up with the others before the fyoras caught up to her. Now that she had been pushing through the dense undergrowth at full speed for a while, she was beginning to get some sense of how best to utilize her abilities- when to swerve, when to lengthen her stride, what types of bushes were easier or harder to push through. If the fyoras had been in this area for some time, it made sense that they would have learned these tricks as well.

She pushed herself a bit harder, moving all out...

>OOC:
-Athletics DC 15 (x3): 1d20+9= 25, 20, 29
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/949646
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Thank you, o Shaper," Meat Shield nods to D'Tan, then bounds off through the undergrowth in the direction indicated, making no attempt at stealth...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind

'Continue your efforts. I am going up ahead. I am going to look for a spot to lure the creatures into. Please stand by' It informed, before doing as it said and zipped ahead onward in the general direction of their shaper. Once it got a fair distance ahead it slowed down just enough to take a more careful look at its surroundings, hoping to find something it could use to effectively cut the Fyora off their trail for good.

Perception/Investigation?: 20 either way
------------