[OOC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Sakuro »

You aren't required to make the roll. D'Tan will deflect by default.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Is there anything you want to do before leaving the building to continue your travels?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I kept thinking of doing something with Mind regarding Tavik, but I can't seem to get into it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I was going to have Craze circle back to the gold on the floor, but this week has drained me a bit
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce will probably scavenge for any tools or useful items (especially bags/containers/etc.). I need to read back through the descriptions of the rooms we've seen- I'll try to get a post up later today.

Also: is that object in the hidden room possibly the source of the Shaper-like feeling she had earlier, or is that still unfound?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The thing in the hidden room is, without a doubt, what Pounce sensed.

I'll hold off narrating us forward until tomorrow. If there is something you would like to do such as Pounce gathering supplies, Craze doing something with the gold, or Mind doing something with Mind Tavik you can work it into a montage style post. Not everything has to be fully played out. Some things it is ok to say "I'd like to do this thing on the side, but don't feel like playing out an entire scene about it". If you think checks might be needed, go ahead and include those to save time. It is also ok to do a flash back later and play it out in the Extended Interludes thread.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Mind Reading requires an initial opposed check to get started. I rolled for you this time. In the future, you need to make a d20 roll, plus your rank in Mind Reading versus the target's Will. After the opposed check, if you succeed, the target gets to make a Will check versus DC 10+ Power Rank each round to stop you from reading their mind.

Mind managed to get 3 degrees of success in the opposed check. That gives them access to Surface Thoughts, Personal Thoughts, and Memories. Each round you'll effectively be able to ask one question. What, specifically, do you want to know? One question for now.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Apologies on that, thank you.

'What is the source of this being's excitement?'
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

What are you trying to determine with your Creature check Doctor Malsyn? You may get information about Serviles. But you won't be able to get insight into D'Tan himself.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I want to know what a servile is usually like, what they are designed for.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'm still here, just likely to be a bit on the quiet side- the RL speedbumps keep coming.

Consider Pounce to be hanging by the Shaper's side (unless he actually sends all of us ahead to scout the serviles. Assume her to be viscerally disturbed by the idea of Rogues, at a deep, instinctive level, part of her instinctive bond to the Shaper.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's interesting how thus far, only the mind has shown any form of apprehension toward their servitude. It is also acutely aware of just what could happen to it if D'Tan were to find it a liability, so it will continue to do whatever it must so it continues to think. Continue to learn. Continue to survive. Continue to live. Continue.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Of all of us, the Mind is by far the "thinkiest", so that makes sense. I'm figuring that Pounce has her loyalty "baked in"- it isn't a choice, or rational thought, it is simply part of how she was made.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Mind and Pounce do seem to be the polar extremes. Mind was made to learn and that includes learning new ideas ... such as independence and freedom. Pounce was made to be a companion in addition to her other aspects.

In the Geneforge series there were troublesome Rogue tendencies among the more intelligent creations. So it is interesting to see Mind leaning that way. Even if it's service is enforced for now. It seems to be more of fear than loyalty after Scout "went away".
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That certainly seems rather accurate for Mind, I agree there. I think the Mind felt what it presumed was loyalty at the start, and now it is starting to wonder, question, and indeed fear after seeing these recent displays.

An AI that understands its own sapience and has a keen understanding that it does not have full control over who closes the program at the end of the day. It can not do anything to escape as its creators themselves is aware and always on guard. All it can do is continue to make itself Useful, just to keep itself alive.

In a way, the ignorance of Pounce and the others is almost a blessing.
------------