Thunder Woman Universe/Extraordinary Mythos

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
bsdigitalq

Martin Clay and Derek Duvall

Post by bsdigitalq »

Couple more infoblocks for some human level antagonist characters, whose action and plans/plot add a very different feel compared to the criminals, supervillains, aliens, and mythical beings Thunder Woman normally deals with. The whole thing is very much a "Metal Gear Solid/Captain America: The Winter Soldier" type deal, with shades of "Gargoyles." The whole romance with Martin Clay adds an element of tragedy to the affair as well.

Jabroniville

Re: Thunder Woman Universe/Extraordinary Mythos

Post by Jabroniville »

I feel I've been too silent on this, though I guess it's only been a couple of weeks and I do engage on your Discord and such, lol.

Miranda Iryn truly looks excellent- what's funny is I jokingly referred to her as a GILF in the "FDH" image you did of her (where most "hotness" features are obscured) and then he did THAT design- this mega-stylish ultra-GILF, lol. More or less the modern-day "hot Cruela de Vil" archetype mixed with the old-school Carmen Sandiego. Jessica looks ludicrously slinky and sensual- like maxing out of the "Baroness" factor and being like Miss Hancock from WCW. I like how Dr. Ira more or less has the same visual motif, but the body language and outfit transforms her into an adorbz awkwardork and not the fanservicey one.

The Martin Clay subplot always interested me- I remember you mentioning he was kind of an... idealized boyfriend type for Samantha? Like he represented this potential future life and world that she was REALLY interested in, and that was part of their relationship? And Duvall is the one who rankles under Iryn's control, right? Like he was once his own guy but now has a mega-boss and chafes under it.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:27 amThe Martin Clay subplot always interested me- I remember you mentioning he was kind of an... idealized boyfriend type for Samantha? Like he represented this potential future life and world that she was REALLY interested in, and that was part of their relationship?
Per our discussion in the old thread:
A lot of what attracted Samantha to Martin was this idea that he was this rich, handsome, smart, and charismatic man, someone completely out of her league, who was nonetheless interested in her. Now, Samantha's attractive, but I'm trying to emphasize that at best her beauty is a much more average, girl next door type. She only becomes an amazonian bombshell as Thunder Woman, who is Samantha's personal ideal vision of herself. The problem with her attraction to Martin is that Samantha realizes that it is completely superficial; she isn't attracted to Martin specifically, but rather the idea of him. He fulfills a fantasy in her mind, this almost Disney-esque style longing for a handsome prince to sweep her off her feet and carry her away to some magical kingdom. The actual reality is much less interesting, and by getting into a relationship with him, it ends up nullifying the fantasy.

And Duvall is the one who rankles under Iryn's control, right? Like he was once his own guy but now has a mega-boss and chafes under it.
Yup; DIE was once a family owned and run business under the Duvall Family until Miranda came along and gobbled it up. There's definitely a bit of wounded pride in Derek that, even if technically still in charge, he answers to a higher authority who is not a blood relation. Plus, Miranda made a bunch of changes and he had to go along with it, and her coming to Olympia Bay in the aftermath of the conspiracy blowing up really puts a damper on him. He does get one more shot with the "Stormriders" superhero team he sets up to "replace" TW after she gets imprisoned, but when THAT fails, well, there's Martin Clay, ready to step into his role with Miranda's blessing.
bsdigitalq

Tsarin

Post by bsdigitalq »

And now for a more solidly straightforward villain, representing the "organized crime" side of things, with a bit of a development and insight into how some other villains fit into things.

bsdigitalq

The Siderotaur

Post by bsdigitalq »

Every good superhero needs at least ONE recurring giant monster enemy. Well, Thunder Woman's got more than one, but those'll come later. Meet the giant supernaturally-powered fire-breathing iron bull of Hephaestus, the Siderotaur!

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

The the size comparison you give for the Siderotaur.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:16 am The the size comparison you give for the Siderotaur.
Yes?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Don't know why, but the Siderotaur reminds me of the old Harryhausen classics...
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:20 pm Don't know why, but the Siderotaur reminds me of the old Harryhausen classics...
Well, it's basically a combo of Talos from "Jason and the Argonauts," the Minaton from "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger," and the Asgardian Destroyer from the Thor comics, so 2 out of 3... ;)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

bsdigitalq wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:46 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:16 am The the size comparison you give for the Siderotaur.
Yes?
That was supposed to say "Thanks for the size comparison you give for the Siderotaur."

I blame tired fingers & using my phone to post for that.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:34 pm
bsdigitalq wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:46 pm
Yes?
That was supposed to say "Thanks for the size comparison you give for the Siderotaur."

lol, no worries. The artist is the one who actually did that, although I had it in the back of my head as an idea. I did mention to him that I envisioned the Siderotaur as being roughly King Kongish in size, and let him go from there.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

bsdigitalq wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:15 pm
bsdigitalq wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:46 pm Yes?

lol, no worries. The artist is the one who actually did that, although I had it in the back of my head as an idea. I did mention to him that I envisioned the Siderotaur as being roughly King Kongish in size, and let him go from there.
Still, nicely done by the artist. It's something that I've not seen other artists do when doing images of growing characters, so it leaves it a bit more to the viewer's interpretation to decide on size. Done the way Siderotaur was it takes a bit of the guess work out and is (to me at least) a nice detail added to the picture.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:16 am
bsdigitalq wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:15 pm

Still, nicely done by the artist. It's something that I've not seen other artists do when doing images of growing characters, so it leaves it a bit more to the viewer's interpretation to decide on size. Done the way Siderotaur was it takes a bit of the guess work out and is (to me at least) a nice detail added to the picture.
Indeed! Not sure how it'll work when time comes for some of the bigger critters out there, especially Ekhidna and Typhon.
bsdigitalq

Stranglehold and Mandragora

Post by bsdigitalq »

Got a couple new infoblocks today; the connection is that these two characters both debut in the same initial storyarc, but they take veeeery different paths after that.

First up is Stranglehold, a dead serious stretchy energy vampire villain who gives Thunder Woman all kinds of trouble, and Mandragora, a criminal who falls for TW and becomes her "Catwoman" style villainous love interest.

bsdigitalq

Ares

Post by bsdigitalq »

New infoblock featuring the Olympian god of war himself, Ares!