Thunder Woman Universe/Extraordinary Mythos

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
bsdigitalq

Nicholas and Daphne West

Post by bsdigitalq »

It's been a while, so here's some new infoblocks for Samantha's younger siblings, Nicholas or "Nick" and Daphne.

drkrash

Re: Thunder Woman Universe/Extraordinary Mythos

Post by drkrash »

Is your artist a friend of yours? Do you get amazing commission rates? Are you independently wealthy? :)
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

drkrash wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:09 pm Is your artist a friend of yours? Do you get amazing commission rates? Are you independently wealthy? :)
lol, we have a pretty good working relationship.
bsdigitalq

Hermes

Post by bsdigitalq »

New infoblock featuring another Olympian, this time Hermes!

bsdigitalq

Phillip West

Post by bsdigitalq »

Another new infoblock highlighting another member of Samantha's family; this time, it's her father, Phillip West.

bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Also got new iconography for the Extraordinary Mythos/Extraordinary Mythos Media, so tested it out by making new character profile blocks for more tangentially or non-TW related characters. Course, starting things out by using TW herself for the first one.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I've said it before, but I love the new logo and these write ups are a solid way of summarizing the characters to new readers.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Ares wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:55 pm I've said it before, but I love the new logo and these write ups are a solid way of summarizing the characters to new readers.
Thanks! It's been a great way to practice how to be more succinct in describing these characters. Easier said than done, lol. But a big part of this has been taking handbook style entries and adapting them for a more social media friendly format, while also addressing my annoyance with handbook entries focusing on information that I, frankly, don't really care about. I want the basics yo.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

bsdigitalq wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:28 am
Ares wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:55 pm I've said it before, but I love the new logo and these write ups are a solid way of summarizing the characters to new readers.
Thanks! It's been a great way to practice how to be more succinct in describing these characters. Easier said than done, lol.
Heh, believe me, if anyone can relate, it's me.
But a big part of this has been taking handbook style entries and adapting them for a more social media friendly format, while also addressing my annoyance with handbook entries focusing on information that I, frankly, don't really care about. I want the basics yo.
Yeah, Handbook entries often got bogged down in too much minutia, when they're really meant to serve as brief looks at a character to get you interested in reading more about them. I get that before the internet these were how to get a lot of info on characters, but today it's best to leave that kind of thing to dedicated wiki pages. Milestone info in the character could be included (such as to explain why the Hulk was now intelligent or why Spider-Man now had an alien costume), but overall Handbook entries these days should be the basics and maybe some suggested reading.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Ares wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:10 am
Thanks! It's been a great way to practice how to be more succinct in describing these characters. Easier said than done, lol.
Heh, believe me, if anyone can relate, it's me.
But a big part of this has been taking handbook style entries and adapting them for a more social media friendly format, while also addressing my annoyance with handbook entries focusing on information that I, frankly, don't really care about. I want the basics yo.
Yeah, Handbook entries often got bogged down in too much minutia, when they're really meant to serve as brief looks at a character to get you interested in reading more about them. I get that before the internet these were how to get a lot of info on characters, but today it's best to leave that kind of thing to dedicated wiki pages. Milestone info in the character could be included (such as to explain why the Hulk was now intelligent or why Spider-Man now had an alien costume), but overall Handbook entries these days should be the basics and maybe some suggested reading.
Eventually when I DO get to doing an actual, proper handbook, chances are they'll have more detail on each character. Some info, like height and strength level, can be useful, and that's where I'll probably focus; some characters need that sort of info, or at least a record of details for keeping track of information for story purposes.

In some ways, these infoblocks are as much part of a kind of unorganized, loose "bible" for Thunder Woman and her world. That will probably become more clear when I do blocks on stuff other than just characters.
bsdigitalq

Vengeance Inc.

Post by bsdigitalq »

And here's an example of an ExMythos profile entry in a different format, this one for teams and groups. And to keep the introductory examples Thunder Woman themed, here's a team formed from members of her rogues gallery: Vengeance Inc.! Somewhat of a general spoiler of developments in the later sections of the second quarter of her timeline.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thanks! It's been a great way to practice how to be more succinct in describing these characters. Easier said than done, lol. But a big part of this has been taking handbook style entries and adapting them for a more social media friendly format, while also addressing my annoyance with handbook entries focusing on information that I, frankly, don't really care about. I want the basics yo.
Oh man, those 3-4 page Marvel Handbook bios are AWFUL. There's no excuse for taking longer than a handful or paragraphs on all but the most important characters. At least online you can CTL+F important names. Walls of text suck.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:38 am
Oh man, those 3-4 page Marvel Handbook bios are AWFUL. There's no excuse for taking longer than a handful or paragraphs on all but the most important characters. At least online you can CTL+F important names. Walls of text suck.
Well, my issue is less wordy backgrounds/histories (although some entries go a bit overboard with that) and more lots of detail and minutia that I frankly don't care about. Some characters, yeah, that kinda detail is important. But others? I don't need to know EXACTLY this thing or that thing. Leave it off.
bsdigitalq

Zharova and Cherenkov

Post by bsdigitalq »

A couple new infoblocks this week featuring a pair of Russian characters from an initial story that transition into other supporting roles.

bsdigitalq

Zeus and Thor

Post by bsdigitalq »

Back again with some new infoblocks, this time covering a couple heavy hitters, with ties into the greater mytharc involving the existence of divine pantheons and mythological realms on ancient Earth, their expulsion, and their impending return...