Mithril Age -- DC/Marvel Fusion Universe

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: Mithril Age -- DC/Marvel Fusion Universe

Post by Davies »

Goldar wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:08 am So....is the hatred for this Modru....the Master Sorcerer Modru of the Legion of Superheroes timeline?
Yep. Stats for him will be a while coming, but this is a reasonable approximation of what he'll have.

(Always recycle.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Regrettably, even the greatest heroes in the world are not always the best people in the world. They are only human, and thus born to make mistakes -- or at least choices that focus on what is important above what is personal. If ideas like this were expressed to Julie Storm, she might find that a bit comforting. Or perhaps not, since it reduces her existence to a mistake, however nicely it is phrased.

The daughter of Johnny Storm and Jenny-Lynn Hayden, named in honor of her mother's late step-father, Julie was the product of a relationship that both parties soon realized could not sustain itself for very long. For the first eight years of her life, she rarely saw her father except on television. For that matter, she rarely saw her mother, either, being raised by a succession of nannies. Then, when her grandfather passed away and her mother inherited his ring and all the galactic responsibility that went with it, she was dumped in the lap of her father, who has many wonderful talents. Parenthood is not one of them.

Thus, when her father went off to be a space pirate or whatever it is that he's doing out there, she was dumped -- again -- on her cousins, with whom she'd had limited interactions and who had no real idea what they were supposed to do with a sullen, uncommunicative fifteen year old. Dumping her -- yet again -- on the Xavier Institute was seriously discussed at one point, but Uncle Ben put his foot down. Talking with Julie -- well, initially talking to her -- ultimately led to asking her whether she wanted to accompany the Fantastic Five on their expeditions.

The answer they received was, "Whatever," rather than enthusiastic agreement, but she's been with the group for two years now and hasn't quit as often as her father did in the first two years of the Fantastic Four's adventures. Though she would be reluctant to admit it, Julie does enjoy being part of the family, but doesn't trust that these good feelings will last. Nothing else ever has, after all. Despite that, she is the member of the team who goes out looking for trouble the most, having independent adventures that have pitted her against a number of second generation supervillains. Ben has wisely refrained from observing that she is a lot like her father was in this.

The color of Julie's flames is the first clue that her powers, in addition to deriving from her father, might have some connection to the Green Flame of Life that her mother and grandfather wielded. Another clue is her odd power to become completely intangible, rather than just diffusing into plasma, and pass through solid objects instead of melting her way through them. (She can do this even without "flaming on" -- a phrase she never uses, incidentally.) This all indicates that she might have some mystical talents, but she has declined -- sometimes quite violently -- to investigate this further, even when friendly mystics have offered her help.

While her mother recently returned to Earth after her long absence to take up a position within Earth's Green Lantern Corps and help run Infinity Incorporated, Julie has yet to answer any of the messages that Jenny has left for her. There's just too much that time cannot erase. She has deliberately avoided any contact with her uncle Todd, who has -- allegedly -- fallen into criminal activities and seized control of the west coast rackets formerly run by the Shroud following the disappearance of the former. Her closest friend outside of the team is probably Spider-Girl, though she often thinks of her as lacking in maturity. (She'd be less than thrilled if she knew May Parker had the same opinion of her.)

Julie Storm -- PL 12

Abilities:
STR
1 | STA 2 | AGL 5 | DEX 4 | FGT 4 | INT 2 | AWE 3 | PRE 3

Powers:
Fire Generation and Control: Array (30 points)
  • Firebolt: Ranged Damage 15 - 30 points
  • Firebending: Ranged Shapeable Area Damage 10 - 1 point
  • Firequenching: Burst Area Nullify Fire Powers 10, Simultaneous - 1 point
  • Firesweep: Ranged Multiattack Damage 10 - 1 point
  • Flare: Burst Area 2 Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware), Limited to One Sense - 1 point
Fire Invulnerability: Immunity 20 (fire effects) - 20 points
Fire Transformation: Linked Reaction Damage 8 (when touched); Linked Enhanced Advantage 4 (Improved Initiative 3, Weapon Break); Linked Enhanced Defenses 8 (Dodge 4, Parry 4); Flight 8 (500 MPH); Linked Sustained Protection 8, Limited to Physical Damage, Subtle - 65 points
Phasing: Insubstantial 3; Insubstantial 4, Activation (Standard Action) - 18 points

Power Stunt:
Nova Flame: Burst Area 3 Damage 15, Tiring

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Benefit 4 (multimillionaire), Equipment 5, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 3, Move-by Action, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged/Cover & Ranged/Concealment), Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Break.

Equipment:
25 points for team equipment budget.

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 8 (+9), Expertise: Popular Culture 6 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Fire 5 (+9), Technology 4 (+6), Vehicles 2 (+6).

Offense:
Initiative
Unarmed +9 (Close Damage 1 plus Reaction Damage 8)
Firebolt +9 (Ranged Damage 15)

Defense:
Dodge 14/10, Parry 12/8, Fortitude 7, Toughness 10/2, Will 8.

Totals:
Abilities 48 + Powers 137 + Advantages 18 + Skills 19 + Defenses 19 = 241 points

Offensive PL: 12
Defensive PL: 12
Resistance PL: 8
Skill PL: 4

Complications:
Acceptance--Motivation. Family (her mother.) Prejudice (mutant.) Temper.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

The Human Torch and Jade make Fire. Huh. Another one I would have never put together.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
The Phoenixverse 3E Conversions
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Davies

Post by Davies »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:17 pm The Human Torch and Jade make Fire. Huh. Another one I would have never put together.
Just to make it clear, though -- Beatriz da Costa, A Fúria Verde, formerly a member of the Justice League during its first post-Crisis reformation and currently CEO of Wayne Enterprises, also exists in this continuity.

When not flaming, Julie looks a bit like this.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:17 pm The Human Torch and Jade make Fire. Huh. Another one I would have never put together.
I really like this combo.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Gilliam wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:38 pm
I really like this combo.
Thank you!
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Davies wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:37 pm
Just to make it clear, though -- Beatriz da Costa, A Fúria Verde, formerly a member of the Justice League during its first post-Crisis reformation and currently CEO of Wayne Enterprises, also exists in this continuity.

When not flaming, Julie looks a bit like this.
Neat, but I wasn't being exactly literal. I knew the actual Fire's real name is before you mentioned it. :mrgreen:
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Among the Att'lannu, the once-hidden people often called the Inhumans, childbirth is a complex and scientifically governed process. Children are conceived in exowombs, monitored carefully during their nascence, and "born" at a physical age roughly equivalent to a four year old baseline human. This procedure has some interesting consequences, such as facilitating the birth of children who are the genetic offspring of more than two parents. Unfortunately, like all complex processes, this one is open to sabotage.

Ahura Boltagon is officially the son of Black Bolt and Medusa, "king" (or more accurately "chief") of the Inhumans and his consort, born eighteen years ago. However, there is some evidence that the genetic material from which he was created was adulterated with the material of Black Bolt's brother, Maximus the Mad (or more accurately "psychologically unstable".) In Maximus' dubious defense, it does not seem he was directly responsible for this, though he has both hinted that he manipulated the one who was and disclaimed any involvement in the situation.

Regardless, when this situation was discovered, the Genetic Council demanded Ahura's permanent confinement, but were persuaded to accept his exile. He was raised in Pottersville, New York under the alias Poe "Pope" Adams, for several years before the role of the corrupt Chief Justice of the Genetic Council in the situation was exposed, leading to his return to Attilan (then located on the Moon.) None of these rapid shifts of fortune did his psychological condition any favors, and by the time he was fifteen, the reformed Genetic Council was once again demanding his permanent confinement.

Black Bolt "resolved" this by officially sending Ahura into exile again, while unofficially asking his longstanding allies in the Fantastic Five to take him into their care. This fortuitously coincided with Susan Richards' decision to retire from active superheroics, and so Ahura took her place. He has honestly flourished here, helped by the fact that the rest of the team treat his moments of confusion as a difficulty that needs help, not a moral failing and proof of his genetic malignancy. He has no wish to return to Attilan (now located in Antarctica) but would do so if his understanding of his duty required it.

Ahura possesses powers similar to those of his father, but both slightly less overwhelming and more under his control. He can speak normally without activating them, for example. (He also possesses a lesser known inheritance from his mother, which leaves his hair under his conscious control and keeps it perfectly styled at all times.) His experiences growing up in the Royal Family of Attilan have given him extensive social skills, notably learned from his "uncles" Gorgon and Karnak; he is thus familiar with many ways to intimidate and demoralize opponents. He prefers not to do this, but believes that hurt feelings are better than injured bodies.

While the Inhumans are generally quite vulnerable to the effects of disease and environmental pollution, Ahura's childhood spent on Earth has given him slightly greater resistance to these conditions -- in that he won't become comatose from catching a cold. He does find the experience thoroughly miserable, and sometimes makes use of breathing mechanisms devised by Val to cope.

Ahura Boltagon -- PL 12

Abilities:
STR
8 | STA 9 | AGL 3 | DEX 4 | FGT 6 | INT 4 | AWE 3 | PRE 6

Powers:
Anti-Gravity Flight: Flight 8 (500 MPH) - 16 points
Energy Direction: Array (24 points)
  • Basic Sonic Projection (Speech): Ranged Damage 12 - 24 points
  • Jamming Effect: Perception Range Nullify Electrical 12 - 1 point
  • Omnidirectional Sonic Projection (Shout): Burst Area Damage 12 - 1 point
  • Scanning Effect: Remote Sensing 10 (1000 miles; radio), Simultaneous; Senses 4 (acute analytical radio) - 1 point
Perfect Hair: Feature 1 (hair is always perfectly styled) - 1 point
Shielding Effect: Sustained Protection 5, Impervious 12 - 17 points

Advantages:
Attractive, Benefit 2 (Diplomatic Immunity, Status [Prince of Attilan]), Connected, Daze (Intimidation), Equipment 5, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Teamwork.

Equipment:
25 points for team equipment budget, often including breathing mechanism (Immunity 1 [atmospheric pollution].)

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+11), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10), Deception 6 (+12), Expertise: High Society 6 (+10), Expertise: History 8 (+12),
Expertise: Science 6 (+10), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+14), Investigation 5 (+9), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+12), Ranged Combat: Speech 8 (+12), Technology 4 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+8).

Offense:
Initiative +7
Unarmed +10 (Close Damage 8)
Speech +12 (Ranged Damage 12)
Shout -- (Burst Area Damage 12)

Defense:
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 14/9, Will 9

Totals:
Abilities 86 + Powers 61 + Advantages 17 + Skills 39 + Defenses 18 = 221 points

Defensive PL: 12
Resistance PL: 10
Skill PL: 9

Complications:
Responsibility--Motivation. Family (the Inhumans and the Adams.) Psychological Instability. Vulnerability (disease.)

Note: Ahura's Psychological Instability works like this: in addition to receiving a Hero Point when the complication manifests, roll a d20. On any roll other than 1 or 20, he becomes Impaired on all Intellect, Awareness and Presence checks that he makes for the remainder of the scene. On those rolls, he instead receives a +5 circumstance bonus to the next check of that sort that he makes.
Davies

Post by Davies »

It came to Ben Grimm awhile ago that it had been more than a year since he'd last complained about being rocky and orange, and that he wasn't altogether sure how much more than a year it had been. Unimaginably, he has found himself largely content with his life. He's happily married to the most beautiful woman in the world, has a whole passel of adopted kids, and is respected if not outright beloved by almost everyone who knows him.

Of course, there are still a few problems with this sweet life of his. The least of these are probably the supervillains who keep showing up out of nowhere to try and take him and the rest of the team down, out of a combination of megalomania and sheer stupidity making them think that they're going to be the ones who pull this off after thirty years of much more competent people trying. Frankly, Ben appreciates these idiots, in a way, for keeping him on his toes to deal with the real threats when they emerge.

A much bigger bunch of problems are the secrets he's carrying around with him, despite the fact that he is and always has been a straight shooter by nature. At least he can blame one of them on Johnny! Why the hokey hockey-sticks did that flamin' numbskull leave him that dang recording telling him the real reason that he was heading off into space, and not Suzy? Okay, that's a dumb question, he didn't tell his big sister for the same reason he didn't tell anybody else that he was hunting down Doomsy, but now Ben has to wince every time Julie snarks about how her dad would rather be a space pirate than a dad.

But that's the easier of the two big secrets. The other one, at least, he's still not sure that he's right about. After all, the Phantom Stranger has been showing up for decades, right, maybe even centuries, so what he started to suspect doesn't make a lick of sense. And then they were working together, and right before the guy steps into the shadows, he half looks back at him and says, "I would appreciate it if you didn't share your suspicions with anyone else, Ben." And smiles slightly, in just the same way that Reed always did.

His own life couldn't be better, so how come everybody else's life is going around the dang bend?! Well, at least he can sometimes cut loose and forget all his worries. And he even has a name for that time.

Ben Grimm -- PL 13

Abilities:
STR
12 | STA 12 | AGL 2 | DEX 3 | FGT 10 | INT 3 | AWE 4 | PRE 4

Powers:
Constant As Stone: Immunity 8 (aging, cold, disease, heat, high pressure, poison, radiation, vacuum); Sustained Immunity 2 (suffocation); Immunity 20 (energy damage), Limited to half effect - 20 points
"I INVENTED These Tricks": Array (24 points)
  • Cracking the Whip: Line Area 2 Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Prone and Stunned), Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Limited to targets on an appropriate surface - 24 points
  • Thunderclap: Burst Area Affliction 12 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Stunned), Extra Condition, Limited Degree - 1 point
  • Wrap It Up: Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile, Parayzed), Extra Condition, Must have appropriate available materials - 1 point
"Like Hitting a Brick -- Oh, Right": Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 16; Reaction Damage 8 (when attacked in close combat), Limited to lesser of Damage used or this power rank -- 44 points
Makeshift Handholds: Movement 1 (wall-crawling), Limited to surfaces with Toughness of 12 or less - 1 point
"Power Lifting": Enhanced Strength 3, Limited to liftng (800 tons) - 3 points

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit 4 (multimillionaire), Chokehold, Connections, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 5, Fearless 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improvised Weapon, Interpose, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Vehicles), Takedown Attack 2, Teamwork, Ultmate Effort (Toughness checks), Well-Informed.

Equipment:
25 points for team equipment budget.

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+15), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 8 (+12), Investigation 10 (+13), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+10), Technology 8 (+11), Vehicles 11 (+14)

Offense:
Initiative +5
Unarmed +10 (Close Damage 12)
Cracking the Whip -- (Line Area Affliction 12, Resisted by Dodge)
Thunderclap -- (Burst Area Fortitude 12)
Wrap It Up +10 (Close Affliction 12, Resisted by Dodge)

Defense:
Dodge 8, Parry 10, Fortitude 15, Toughness 16, Will 10

Totals:
Abilities 100 + Powers 94 + Advantages 30 + Skills 30 + Defenses 15 = 269 points

Defensive PL: 13
Resistance PL: 13
Skill PL: 10

Motivation:
Responsibility--Motivation. Family (the other four plus Alicia and their kids.) Monstrous Appearance. Nemesis (the Yancy Street Gang.) Secrets.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

I don't have much to say, other than that in every world, in every way, Ben Grimm kicks ass, and I'm glad to see that holds true here.
Current Setting Projects:
Davies

Post by Davies »

Thank you!

Over to the DC side on Monday.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Ben Grimm is definitely one of Marvel's best characters, and a legit badass.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh nice! I feel bad for not checking this one out before now, but I sadly spend so much time on my various projects I often miss out on other threads entirely (I'm the stereotype of the game company owner who is now too busy to play the game, lol). The slowed aging of Billy Batson is a good trick, as is the notion of a second-generation Mary Marvel who is NOTHING like the original, being a free-loving semi-hedonist.

Interesting to see the baseline PL being so high- who are this universe's jobbers?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:51 amInteresting to see the baseline PL being so high- who are this universe's jobbers?
I'm still working that out.

And thank you, Jab.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

I haven't taken the posted heroes and villains for anywhere near the baseline PL. So far all we've been seeing are the Big Names, so to speak. Or so it seems.