Mithril Age -- DC/Marvel Fusion Universe

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Mithril Age -- DC/Marvel Fusion Universe

Post by Davies »

Once upon a time, not so long ago ...

In one particular cluster of realities, dubbed a multiverse by some, all the heroes of several parallel worlds had gathered at the dawn of time to oppose an enemy that threatened the destruction of all that was. Unfortunately, their efforts betrayed them, and it seemed that the disaster they had tried to prevent would engulf them anyway. The mightiest of them cried out, "No! We have not lost! Not yet! More power! I need more strength! More! More!" And in that moment, as more power funneled through the Spectre, he saw worlds that had never existed and never will ...

... except that if he could see them, they had existed and did exist in some form.

Meanwhile, in another cluster of realities, also dubbed a multiverse by some, many of the heroes of one particular world had gathered in a somewhat more prosaic location to oppose an enemy that threatened the destruction of all that was. (Although he had stopped wanting that, and they rather bullheadedly refused to listen to him, as though they were all being guided by a being who thrived on such ridiculous conflicts.) Ultimately, they destroyed the machine that would have transmuted him into a different sort of entity, killing him, and unleashing energy that might well have destroyed all that was. But in that moment, someone thrust a certain flailing power conduit into the breach in reality, sending unimaginable power into a different realm ...

... which was, unbeknownst to him, the other cluster of realities, and specifically into a being who had just cried out for more power.

Everything went the white of a blank comic book page.

And then everyone woke up from the rather horrific dream that they had just been having, and went back to their daily lives, only to quickly realize that things had changed dramatically. The two multiverses had merged into a single reality and some associated dimensions, and they were some of the few beings to realize that things had ever been otherwise. Everyone else remembered that things had always been like this, and gradually they themselves came to remember this fused history more clearly than their original, which seemed like a dream. At first, they kept a watch for the enemies they had fought in that dream, but they -- and the powerful entities who had ultimately opposed them -- both seemed to be gone without a trace.

Time passed, and new challenges arose. Old heroes fell, sometimes never to rise, while new ones appeared. So did old and new villains.

That was twenty years ago.

This is now.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Re: Mithril Age -- DC/Marvel Fusion Universe

Post by Davies »

Let's start with the most-respected hero in the world, honored by both of the sometimes feuding tribes of superheroes.

You thought I meant Superman? Sorry, no.

Sixty years ago, a young newspaper boy named Billy Batson was approached by a silent, shadowy figure in a long dark coat, who beckoned for the boy to follow him. The Golden Age was a more innocent time than our own, but Billy was still streetwise enough to know that this was a bad idea. Still, something about this stranger seemed eerily familiar, and so he followed him down into the subway, then onto a bizarre subway car, and then into a great cavern, where Billy found himself alone once more. Passing statues of the seven deadly enemies of man, he came into the presence of an ancient wizard.

The wizard declared that he had chosen Billy to be his champion against injustice. Long ago, the wizard had led a group of heroes empowered by magic, but he alone had survived to the present day. Now, when Billy spoke a magic word composed of the names of these six champions, he would receive their powers combined. Hesitantly, Billy spoke the word "Shazam" for the first time, and became Captain Marvel. The wizard passed on in that moment, yet remained as a ghost to advise his newest disciple.

Captain Marvel quickly became the greatest hero of the Golden Age, battling first against the wicked scientist Sivana, and against other threats such as the sinister Mr. Mind and his Monster Society of Evil, King Kull of the Beastmen, and Oggar, a fallen champion of Shazam. Yet he also found friends, sharing his powers with young Freddy Freeman (who became Lieutenant Marvel) and his long-lost sister Mary (who became Mary Marvel.) Captain Marvel was also invited to join the Justice Society of America when it formed, but could only accept honorary membership as he felt that his own frequent adventures would prevent him from giving the group his full assistance. He nevertheless assisted them a few times, often alongside Spy Smasher.

Time passed, and Billy was a bit startled to realize, towards the end of the Golden Age, that the effects of his magic word were both keeping him younger than he should be, and keeping anyone else from noticing anything odd about this. On any day that he called out the name, he not only did not age as Captain Marvel, he did not age at all. Around the same time that the Justice Society disbanded, he and his fellow Marvels made the choice to limit their activities so that they could grow up. Nevertheless, Billy still kept finding situations where Captain Marvel was needed, such that by the time that the Silver Age began, he was still only a young man, where Freddy and Mary had aged into adulthood, married and had their first child.

During this time, Captain Marvel first learned of the existence of the New Gods of Apokolips and New Genesis, when Billy had a series of adventures involving the sons of the Newsboy Legion. Concerned with what he learned, Captain Marvel attempted to share this knowledge with other heroes of the Silver Age, such as the Infinitors, the Challengers of the Unknown, Captain Atom, and the Blue Beetle, but was unable to convince them to organize against this potential threat. As the brief Silver Age wound down, Billy decided to follow the example of Freddy and Mary and retired as Captain Marvel to focus on his mundane life.

The Bronze Age drew him out of retirement again, and this time the heroes of the era, such as the Justice League, the Fantastic Four and the Avengers, were more inclined to heed what he told them. He mourned the loss of old friends when the Justice Society gradually passed away, and was horrified when Superman met his end. That was what prompted him to finally join the Justice League, and he has helped to lead it through the dark years of Gotterdammerung and the Darkest Night that have followed. He is pleased that his niece Karen has joined this never-ending battle as Captain Power, but equally happy that her brother Phil has found a life outside of it after his brief career as Major Thunder.

As Billy Batson, he appears to be a fit man in his early fifties. He feels much older than that, however, and sometimes considers bestowing the full powers of Shazam on someone else -- possibly a group of people, as with the original group chosen by the Wizard. But if even the wisdom of Solomon could fail to notice the potential corruption in Oggar, then he worries that he might make a disastrous choice as well. On the other hand, leaving it too long might be an even bigger mistake.

Captain Marvel -- PL 16

Abilities:
STR
18/0 | STA 18/0 | AGL 7/1 | DEX 2 | FGT 9/1 | INT 10/2 | AWE 11/3 | PRE 10/2

Powers:
With One Magic Word: Continuous Morph 1 - 6 points
Wisdom of Solomon: Enhanced Advantages (Beginner's Luck, Benefit [inspiration], Jack-of-all-trades); Enhanced Awareness 8; Enhanced Intellect 8; Enhanced Presence 8 - 51 points
Strength of Hercules: Enhanced Strength 18; Enhanced Strength 12, Limited to lifting - 48 points
Stamina of Atlas: Enhanced Stamina 18; Impervious Toughness 12; Immunity 10 (life support) - 58 points
Power of Zeus: Immunity 1 (aging); Variable 8 (magic) - 57 points
Courage of Achilles: Enhanced Advantages (All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Fearless 2, Improved Initiative 4, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6); Enhanced Fighting 8; Impervious Will 12 - 44 points
Speed of Mercury: Enhanced Agility 6; Enhanced Defenses 6 (Dodge 3, Parry 3); Flight 14 (32000 MPH); Quickness 6 - 52 points

Frequently-Used Variable Sets:
Impossible Might: Enhanced Strength 40, Limited to lifting - 40 points
Power Is For More Than Hurting: Restorative Healing 13 - 39 points
Seven Thunders: Ranged Multiattack Damage 13, Indirect - 40 points
Travel To The Rock of Eternity, And Thus Anywhere And Anywhen: Movement 9 (dimension travel 3, space travel 3, time travel 3) - 18 points

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (inspiration), Defensive Attack, Fearless 2, Improved Initiative 4, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork.

Skills:
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+12/+3), Deception 2 (+12/+4), Expertise: Current Events 3 (+13/+5), Expertise: Magic 2 (+12/+4), Insight 4 (+15/+7), Intimidation 3 (+13/+5), Investigation 2 (+12/+4), Perception 2 (+13/+5), Persuasion 4 (+14/+6).

Offense:
Initative +23
Unarmed +12/+3 (Close Damage 18/+0)

Defense:
Dodge 12/3, Parry 14/3, Fortitude 18/0, Toughness 18/0, Will 12/4

Totals:
Abilities 22 + Powers 316 + Advantages 1 + Skills 12 + Defenses 5 = 356 points

Offensive PL: 15
Defensive PL: 16
Resistance PL: 15
Skill PL: 10

Complications:
Doing Good--Motivation. Accidental Change (saying Shazam.) Family (Freddy, Mary, Karen, Phil.) Nemesis (Sivana.) Power Loss (all, if prevented from saying Shazam.)

Note: With the combination of Impossible Might, his regular level of Power-Lifting, and Extra Effort -- he can move the moon. 'Nuff said.
Last edited by Davies on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Awesome idea for a thread and setting, man! Especially love the clear and streamline timeline you are establishing, with heroes actually aging and each era having it's specific icons! Looking forward to seeing this thread develop.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

I am interested and invested, yes.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
The Phoenixverse 3E Conversions
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Davies

Post by Davies »

SolarOracle wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:34 am Awesome idea for a thread and setting, man! Especially love the clear and streamline timeline you are establishing, with heroes actually aging and each era having it's specific icons! Looking forward to seeing this thread develop.
EternalPhoenix wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:44 am I am interested and invested, yes.
Thank you both! Next up (on Wednesday) will be the current incarnation of the World's Wickedest Scientist.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Davies wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:03 am
Thank you both! Next up (on Wednesday) will be the current incarnation of the World's Wickedest Scientist.
Bill Nye? :shock:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Davies

Post by Davies »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:18 pm
... well, I wasn't planning on giving one of the Sivanas a nationally syndicated TV show, but you went and talked me into it. I hope this accomplishment makes you happy, you silver-tongued fellow, you. :twisted:
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Davies wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:56 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:18 pm
... well, I wasn't planning on giving one of the Sivanas a nationally syndicated TV show, but you went and talked me into it. I hope this accomplishment makes you happy, you silver-tongued fellow, you. :twisted:
Yes, yes it does. My work is done here.

*Thorpocalypse walks off into the sunset to the closing theme of The Incredible Hulk TV series...* ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Davies

Post by Davies »

Thaddeus Bodog Sivana IV is the most notorious mad scientist in a world sorely afflicted with them. Those who study the activities of such individuals -- usually dubbed psychotechniologists -- have never been able to establish a consensus of which of the four individuals to bear that name was the most brilliant and dangerous of them all, which has occasionally been hazardous to their health. He is the nemesis of Captain Marvel and his family, and a frequent terror to other superheroes as well. Little is known about his personal life, including the circumstances of his birth or the identity of his mother, beyond his statement that she was scientifically selected to ensure that she would give birth to a child almost as brilliant as the father, only for said child to exceed all expectations. That statement is a lie.

Thaddeus Bodog Sivana was born roughly 100 years ago in Transia. Little has ever been learned of his early life, though it has been confirmed that a sister of his was an ancestor of the Transian man who took the name Philip Masters when he emigrated to the United States. Shortly after the World War, he and his wife also left Transia for the United States, where he hoped that his scientific genius would be better received than it had been in his homeland. This was not to be, unfortunately, as his ideas were mocked as nonsensical, permanently embittering him, especially after the passing of his wife. The exact circumstances under which that happened remain a mystery.

Shortly after the start of the Great Depression, Sivana chose to abandon Earth in a spaceship bound for Venus, taking with him his twin eight-year-old children, dubbed Beautia and Magnificus. In fact, the spaceship traveled not only through space but dimensions to a reality where Venus was not an acid-washed volcanic hellhole but a vibrant jungle planet. While raising his children there, he periodically returned to Earth in order to make preparations for his eventual plans of world conquest. These schemes, while often employing incredibly advanced technology and coming perilously close to success, were thwarted by the recently appeared hero known as Captain Marvel, whose success in defeating him did nothing good for the mental health of Sivana.

Neither did the fact that his children soon came to respect and admire the Big Red Cheese, to the point where they would no longer assist Sivana in struggles against Captain Marvel. Nevertheless, he continued his own struggles against the hero, and also sent his heretofore unmentioned younger children, Thaddeus Jr. and Georgia, into battle against Lieutenant Marvel and Mary Marvel, viewing the latter heroes as beneath him. Never triumphant in these clashes, the Sivana family nevertheless continued in one form or another right up into the present day. The previous two sentences are lies.

In the aftermath of one particularly violent confrontation with Captain Marvel, Sivana was seriously injured, to the point where Billy Batson expressed the belief that he would never again be a threat. He was both wrong and right at the same. Infuriated at his injuries, Sivana refused to wait for them to heal before once again engaging in a scheme directed against Captain Marvel. Instead, he created a clone of himself, complete with an imprint of his mentality, and directed the clone to travel to Earth for that purpose under the belief that the clone would be completely loyal to him.

He was mistaken; the clone proceeded to murder the original Sivana and then went ahead with the attack on Captain Marvel anyway. This second Sivana also created slightly modified clones of himself, younger (and in one case gender-reassigned) versions of himself whom he referred to as his children. Already, his mentality was beginning to break down as he came to believe that he was and had always been the original Sivana. Similar delusions would eventually lead to his eventual replacement by another clone, who in turn would be replaced by another. Not even Captain Marvel has been able to determine exactly how many Sivanas there have been over the years since then.

Sivana has occasionally joined forces with other opponents of Captain Marvel, even resurrecting the slain Teth-Adam. These alliances are always intended to be temporary, as he when he finally becomes the undisputed rightful ruler of the universe, he will have no need for allies or even servants. He has an extremely low opinion of his fellow mad scientists, especially when it comes to the Luthor brothers, whom he views as beneath contempt. The one exception is Desaad of Apokolips; Sivana has enjoyed himself at the Happyland run by the latter on a number of occasions, and while Desaad was surprised that a mortal was able to discover the secret purpose of his creation, he finds the enthusiasm Sivana displays for it somewhat charming.

This sense of superiority has led to an interesting development. Shortly after Doctor Doom reclaimed control over his kingdom following its usurpation by his son Kristoff, Sivana inserted himself into a confrontation that took place between Doom and Mr. Fantastic, claiming annoyance at their scientific pretensions. He challenged the two of them to demonstrate their understanding of one of his earliest notebooks, involving the much more advanced hyperdrive that he had created generations before the flight of the Four. Humoring him, the two of them studied copies of the notebook. Reed Richards declared it incomprehensible, to the amusement of Sivana.

Doom seemed on the verge of doing the same, but then abruptly declared, "Ah ha! I have you now!" Before he could say anything else, Sivana launched a massive assault on the Lord of Latveria, driving him off and then departing in an extremely foul mood. Just what insight Doom had obtained was known only to him until last year, when Frank Richards led a raid on Doomstadt in the company of the Fantastic Five, hacking the Prime Mover and obtaining a number of encrypted diaries. In one of them, he discovered that Doom had recorded his thoughts on this episode, relating that when he had considered the notebook as a scientific text, it had been gibberish ... but when he considered it as a magical text, it made more sense. Sivana, he concluded, was a magician who believed himself to be a scientist, but actually created his "inventions" through changing reality in conformance with his will. Frank Richards has shared this discovery with others in the superheroic community, including Captain Marvel, who is reportedly unsurprised.

As for Beautia and Magnificus, they attempted to live quiet and peaceful lives after parting company with their biological father, and his clones by and large seemed to ignore them. Magnificus (using the alias Augustus Simone) wed Marie Dudley after the end of the Golden Age, and they had a number of children before their passing, a few years ago. (One of his older sons has a syndicated science show.) Beautia Sivana disappeared during the Silver Age. Her fate remains a mystery. That statement may or may not be a lie.

Sivana -- PL 13

Abilities:
STR
-1 | STA 2 | AGL 0 | DEX 2 | FGT 1 | INT 9 | AWE 5 | PRE 3

Powers:
Endless Doubles: Immortality 5 - 10 points
Greatest Scientific Mind of This or Any Age: Enhanced Advantage 2 (Inventor, Ultimate Effort [Invention]); Enhanced Defenses 4 (Will 4), Limited to Invention; Feature 2 (makes checks related to Inventor with Will, not Technology) - 8 points

Advantages:
Defensive Roll, Equipment 20, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Well-informed.

Equipment:
100 points for any vehicles, weapons or bases needed for a given plot.

Skills:
Deception 8 (+11), Expertise: Science 3 (+12), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+13), Investigation 4 (+13), Perception 6 (+11), Ranged Combat: Inventions 8 (+10), Technology 5 (+14).

Offense:
Initiative +0
Unarmed +1 (Close Damage -1)
Invention +10 (effect varies)

Defense:
Dodge 2, Parry 2, Fortitude 6, Toughness 4/2, Will 18/14

Totals:
Abilities 42 + Powers 18 + Advantages 23 + Skills 26 + Defenses 16 = 125 points

Offensive PL: 0*
Defensive PL: 3*
Resistance PL: 10
Skill PL: 13

Complications:
Utter Malevolence--Motivation. Delusion ("I am the original Thaddeus Bodog Sivana, pretending to be my descendant"; evidence that contradicts this narrative will leave him Stunned and Defenseless.)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Very neat twist on a merged setting, and I'm not just saying that because Billy and Sivana are big parts of it. :)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ares wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:12 pm Very neat twist on a merged setting, and I'm not just saying that because Billy and Sivana are big parts of it. :)
Thanks! You're gonna hate the next one though. <nodnod>
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Davies wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:25 pm
Ares wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:12 pm Very neat twist on a merged setting, and I'm not just saying that because Billy and Sivana are big parts of it. :)
Thanks! You're gonna hate the next one though. <nodnod>
Heh, we'll see.

Regarding Billy's aging, I had the notion that the reason he tends to age slowly is that regularly shifting back and forth between his mortal form and Marvel form causes 'time' to be split between them. Basically, the Marvel form doesn't age, but it still does accumulate 'time', and that time is passed on to the mortal form when they change back. However, the magic lightning from Eternity that causes the change causes much of that time to 'bleed off', so the amount of time Billy ages from being powered up is much less than the time he spent as Cap.

The problem comes when you spend too much time in the Marvel form. Black Adam spent thousands of years in his Marvel form, and even if the magic lightning bled off hundreds or even a couple thousands of years of time accumulated age, he still got hit with hundreds of years of time all at once, which reduced him to a mummified corpse. So spending all of your time in your Marvel form is actually a good way to get slapped by a lot of time all at once.

The irony is that since Billy spends all of this time equally bouncing back between Cap and himself, it amounts to his time as Cap basically not counting towards his age, so he ages at about half the rate of everyone else. It's possible that the repeated exposure to the magic lightning from Eternity is causing some of that timeless energy to bleed into his mortal form, causing him to age even more slowly on top of that.

In short, Black Adam disdains his mortal form and sees himself as a god, so he strives to stay in his powered up form 24/7. The long absences between transforming back to normal will ultimately cause him to age more than he would otherwise. Billy sees himself as no better than anyone else, he likes his mortal life, he maintains his mortal connections, and he uses his powers responsibly. Because of that, he's actually got far more of a chance to attain the immortality Adam seeks.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Davies wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:21 am Let's start with the most-respected hero in the world, honored by both of the sometimes feuding tribes of superheroes.

You thought I meant Superman? Sorry, no.

Sixty years ago, a young newspaper boy named Billy Batson was approached by a silent, shadowy figure in a long dark coat, who beckoned for the boy to follow him. The Golden Age was a more innocent time than our own, but Billy was still streetwise enough to know that this was a bad idea. Still, something about this stranger seemed eerily familiar, and so he followed him down into the subway, then onto a bizarre subway car, and then into a great cavern, where Billy found himself alone once more. Passing statues of the seven deadly enemies of man, he came into the presence of an ancient wizard.

The wizard declared that he had chosen Billy to be his champion against injustice. Long ago, the wizard had led a group of heroes empowered by magic, but he alone had survived to the present day. Now, when Billy spoke a magic word composed of the names of these six champions, he would receive their powers combined. Hesitantly, Billy spoke the word "Shazam" for the first time, and became Captain Marvel. The wizard passed on in that moment, yet remained as a ghost to advise his newest disciple.

Captain Marvel quickly became the greatest hero of the Golden Age, battling first against the wicked scientist Sivana, and against other threats such as the sinister Mr. Mind and his Monster Society of Evil, King Kull of the Beastmen, and Oggar, a fallen champion of Shazam. Yet he also found friends, sharing his powers with young Freddy Freeman (who became Lieutenant Marvel) and his long-lost sister Mary (who became Mary Marvel.) Captain Marvel was also invited to join the Justice Society of America when it formed, but could only accept honorary membership as he felt that his own frequent adventures would prevent him from giving the group his full assistance. He nevertheless assisted them a few times, often alongside Spy Smasher.

Time passed, and Billy was a bit startled to realize, towards the end of the Golden Age, that the effects of his magic word were both keeping him younger than he should be, and keeping anyone else from noticing anything odd about this. On any day that he called out the name, he not only did not age as Captain Marvel, he did not age at all. Around the same time that the Justice Society disbanded, he and his fellow Marvels made the choice to limit their activities so that they could grow up. Nevertheless, Billy still kept finding situations where Captain Marvel was needed, such that by the time that the Silver Age began, he was still only a young man, where Freddy and Mary had aged into adulthood, married and had their first child.

During this time, Captain Marvel first learned of the existence of the New Gods of Apokolips and New Genesis, when Billy had a series of adventures involving the sons of the Newsboy Legion. Concerned with what he learned, Captain Marvel attempted to share this knowledge with other heroes of the Silver Age, such as the Infinitors, the Challengers of the Unknown, Captain Atom, and the Blue Beetle, but was unable to convince them to organize against this potential threat. As the brief Silver Age wound down, Billy decided to follow the example of Freddy and Mary and retired as Captain Marvel to focus on his mundane life.

The Bronze Age drew him out of retirement again, and this time the heroes of the era, such as the Justice League, the Fantastic Four and the Avengers, were more inclined to heed what he told them. He mourned the loss of old friends when the Justice Society gradually passed away, and was horrified when Superman met his end. That was what prompted him to finally join the Justice League, and he has helped to lead it through the dark years of Gotterdammerung and the Darkest Night that have followed. He is pleased that his niece Karen has joined this never-ending battle as Captain Power, but equally happy that her brother Phil has found a life outside of it after his brief career as Major Thunder.

As Billy Batson, he appears to be a fit man in his early fifties. He feels much older than that, however, and sometimes considers bestowing the full powers of Shazam on someone else -- possibly a group of people, as with the original group chosen by the Wizard. But if even the wisdom of Solomon could fail to notice the potential corruption in Oggar, then he worries that he might make a disastrous choice as well. On the other hand, leaving it too long might be an even bigger mistake.

Captain Marvel -- PL 16

Abilities:
STR
18/0 | STA 18/0 | AGL 7/1 | DEX 2 | FGT 9/1 | INT 10/2 | AWE 11/3 | PRE 10/2

Powers:
With One Magic Word: Continuous Morph 1 - 6 points
Wisdom of Solomon: Enhanced Advantages (Beginner's Luck, Benefit [inspiration], Jack-of-all-trades); Enhanced Awareness 8; Enhanced Intellect 8; Enhanced Presence 8 - 51 points
Strength of Hercules: Enhanced Strength 18; Enhanced Strength 12, Limited to lifting - 48 points
Stamina of Atlas: Enhanced Stamina 18; Impervious Toughness 12 - 48 points
Power of Zeus: Immunity 1 (aging); Variable 8 (magic) - 57 points
Courage of Achilles: Enhanced Advantages (All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Fearless 2, Improved Initiative 4, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6); Enhanced Fighting 8; Impervious Will 12 - 44 points
Speed of Mercury: Enhanced Agility 6; Enhanced Defenses 6 (Dodge 3, Parry 3); Flight 14 (32000 MPH); Quickness 6 - 52 points

Frequently-Used Variable Sets:
Impossible Might: Enhanced Strength 40, Limited to lifting - 40 points
Power Is For More Than Hurting: Restorative Healing 13 - 39 points
Seven Thunders: Ranged Multiattack Damage 13, Indirect - 40 points
Travel To The Rock of Eternity, And Thus Anywhere And Anywhen: Movement 9 (dimension travel 3, space travel 3, time travel 3) - 18 points

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (inspiration), Defensive Attack, Fearless 2, Improved Initiative 4, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork.

Skills:
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+12/+3), Deception 2 (+12/+4), Expertise: Current Events 3 (+13/+5), Expertise: Magic 2 (+12/+4), Insight 4 (+15/+7), Intimidation 3 (+13/+5), Investigation 2 (+12/+4), Perception 2 (+13/+5), Persuasion 4 (+14/+6).

Offense:
Initative +23
Unarmed +12/+3 (Close Damage 18/+0)

Defense:
Dodge 12/3, Parry 14/3, Fortitude 18/0, Toughness 18/0, Will 12/4

Totals:
Abilities 22 + Powers 306 + Advantages 1 + Skills 12 + Defenses 5 = 346 points

Offensive PL: 15
Defensive PL: 16
Resistance PL: 15
Skill PL: 10

Complications:
Doing Good--Motivation. Accidental Change (saying Shazam.) Family (Freddy, Mary, Karen, Phil.) Nemesis (Sivana.) Power Loss (all, if prevented from saying Shazam.)

Note: With the combination of Impossible Might, his regular level of Power-Lifting, and Extra Effort -- he can move the moon. 'Nuff said.
Billy Batson as a wizened old man who has seen all (modern) eras of superhuman history as well as dark times of 20th century is a nice twist. I liked that he has a proactive approach: rather than waiting for potential problems to unfold he wants to eliminate potential threats and encourage others to do the same.

I have a small criticism. Improved Initiative would fit Speed of Mercury better than Courage of Achilles. I get the "brave and bold warrior insticts" part though. I also like that his speed gives him an agility bonus. I would like to see more speedsters with superhuman agility.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Harnos wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:59 pm I also like that his speed gives him an agility bonus. I would like to see more speedsters with superhuman agility.
Super speed might make you able to cross a tightrope faster, but not necessarily easier. It won't make it easier to touch your toes.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ken wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:36 pm
Harnos wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:59 pm I also like that his speed gives him an agility bonus. I would like to see more speedsters with superhuman agility.
Super speed might make you able to cross a tightrope faster, but not necessarily easier.
And yet guess what Barry Allen is show doing rather well for a first-timer in his third published story?

Today's been a rather difficult day, so no post until tomorrow, I'm afraid.