‘Mirror Maiden’, more commonly known as ‘Maiden’
Grey (they glow violet when psychic powers are in use)
Dark Blue (gets mistaken for black)
Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 6, Presence 3
Ultimate Effort (Will Defense)
Expertise: Psychology 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+12), Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+11)
- Mental Awareness:
Senses 2 (Mental Sense, Radius)
Move Object 8, Accurate 4
- Telekinetic Field:
Protection 12, Impervious, Sustained (Descriptor: Maiden’s barrier appears like an angular sphere made of glass panes.)
- Telekinetic Levitation:
Flight 5 (60 MPH)
Mind Reading 5 Linked to Area Mental Communication 2
- Telepathic Illusion:
Illusion 4 (all senses), Resisted by Will, Selective (Descriptor: Maiden has a knack for switching the appearances of her enemies and allies to cause her foes to attack each other.)
- Mental Blast:
Perception Range Damage 5, Resisted by Will (Descriptor: Maiden assaults her foe’s minds with thousands of psionically manifested shards of broken glass.)
- MENTAL BLAST:
(Perception Range, Damage 5, Resisted by Will) (DC 20)
+10 (Ranged, Str 8, Grab)
+2 (Close, Damage 0)
Abilities 32 + Powers 78 + Advantages 1 + Skills 12 + Defenses 29 = 150
• Responsibility (MOTIVATION):
Being the daughter of a supervillain, Desirae feels the need to redeem herself (and her mother) from Psykosa’s heinous crimes. This drive led her to become a psychologist (while helping police and courts as a criminal psychologist as well) but she realized she could do even more good by taking up the hero cowl.
Her inherited psychic powers have given her a less-than-good reputation as people compare Mirror Maiden to Psykosa despite Maiden’s differing aesthetic and good deeds.
During the day, Desirae performs her duties as a psychologist. Every other night, however, she dons the cape and cowl as Mirror Maiden. This has made it difficult for her to sustain meaningful relationships with friends or love interests. Sometimes the two lives bleed into one another as she has had to take down some of her clients who have turned criminal as Maiden or have to attend appointments with injuries from the night before.
• No Natural Healing:
Desirae’s abilities extend as far as the mind which means her body usually suffers from battlefield mistakes. She has no healing factor, regeneration, or special equipment to help recover injuries. A long bath with some salts and candles usually help the bruises but not the serious injuries.
- Being the daughter of the mad villainess Psykosa, Desirae Draper had big shoes to fill, not as a villain, but as a hero instead. She was raised by her single father who was manipulated by Psykosa’s psionic abilities to make him ‘forget’ of her evil alter ego and fall in love with her civilian persona. Despite this deception, Emmanuel Draper had nothing but pure love for his daughter. Her childhood was relatively stable even when her father had to work 60+ hours a week to support the household. It was during her adolescence that Desirae manifested her own psychic abilities. In the privacy of their home, her father would encourage her to explore her abilities and test how far they could go. As a teenager, she discovered how to move objects with her mind, generate a psionic barrier, and even conjure psychic hallucinations; an ability she would later use to save her father from a violent home invasion.
- Because of her father’s positive influence, Desirae was raised to not harbor hateful feelings towards her mother, but it often proved to be difficult. Instead of letting these negative emotions consume her, she opted to put her focus on academics and work, eventually graduating top of her class at Stanford University. She became a psychologist in hopes that she could help others find peace before succumbing to criminal intents.
- Dr. Draper made a reputation for herself by using hypnotic meditative psycho-therapy where she helps a client achieve a state of meditation under hypnosis to help solve deeper-rooted problems. In reality, Desirae used her psionic abilities to delve into a client’s psyche and manifest their issues through mental hallucinations. It was usually a successful process until she dove into the sinister mind of a serial killer who was holding children hostage in their basement.
- She left the office almost immediately to help the hostages after uncovering the information. She donned a hooded coat that left her face hidden so no one could identify her. Before they could escape, however, the murderer arrived on the scene. Desirae was physically outmatched but once she realized the lives of the children were on the line, her psionic powers exploded and assaulted the serial killer’s mind with fear-inducing hallucinations. He was subdued and turned into the police via an anonymous tip. It was after this event that led Desirae down the road of caped crusader. She had a suit commissioned by a professional tailor and the rest is history.