Heavy Hitters and Skillmonkeys (Fulgrim, Carnage, Batman)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (Omni-Man)

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:09 pm Wait a minute...

Omni-Man is not from DC or Marvel!!!!!

FALSE ADVERTISING LAWSUIT INCOMING!!! :twisted:
Hey, Hawkeye, Mr. Fantastic, and the Beast. So "Heavy Hitters" is also false advertising. ;)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

regen would be my default choice ONLY because of the types and level of Damage they seem to recover from Mark basically has his guts ripped out on one occasion, his battle with battle beast shouldve killed him but he recovered icredibly quickly and was even roasted fairly badly in another

maybe a new feature of increased healing rate if not actual regen as BG3 said M&M tends to default to you can heal from anything given times so really just my 2 coppers on the matter

keep up the great work
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I think it's fair to say that Invincible universe uses Lethal Damage rules.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

kenseido wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:10 am I think it's fair to say that Invincible universe uses Lethal Damage rules.
the train scene and what happened to the global guardians would seem to support this argument
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I’d definitely want to give Mark and Nolan the Diehard Advantage.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Ok, I used Regeneration 1, Persistent, Limited to Half-Speed. It is "persistent" because they survive nearly every kind of damage and trauma.

Ken wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:19 am

Hey, Hawkeye, Mr. Fantastic, and the Beast. So "Heavy Hitters" is also false advertising. ;)
Yeah, I delayed it as far as I could but my time to find a new title is upon me. :D :D
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Frankly, Mr. Fantastic is one of the heaviest hitters in comics, in the sense that he can push a button and make any ridiculous thing happen at any moment. He's such a heavy hitter that it's difficult to write a Fantastic Four story that doesn't revolve entirely around him.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

kenseido wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:10 am I think it's fair to say that Invincible universe uses Lethal Damage rules.
Definitely it does. And minions suffer the instant death at a failed save. Improved Critical feat is common among big names too.
RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:35 am Frankly, Mr. Fantastic is one of the heaviest hitters in comics, in the sense that he can push a button and make any ridiculous thing happen at any moment. He's such a heavy hitter that it's difficult to write a Fantastic Four story that doesn't revolve entirely around him.
Heavy hitter was meant to be both builds at higher levels and more powerful heroes of the setting. But you are right. Super-intelligence can justify many things like magic.
Harnos

Black Widow

Post by Harnos »

Black Widow PL 10 (223)
Strength 2 Stamina 4 Fighting 13
Agility 7 Dexterity 7
Intellect 3 Awareness 5 Presence 5

Powers:
Martial Training: Strength-based Damage 1 (1)
Widow's Bite: (19, -3 Removable) (16)
Electro Shock: Ranged Damage 6, Multiattack, Diminished Range 1 (60/150/300 ft)
Movement 1(Swinging)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6
Attractive 2, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 2 (Shield Agent, Avengers Member), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 1 (+2 Toughness), Equipment 6, Evasion 1, Fascinate, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Unarmed 1, Widow's Bite 1), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Jack of All Trades, Languages 3 (Russian base, English, 7 others), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Prone Fighting, Second Chance (Deception), Set-Up, Taunt, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Deception), Uncanny Dodge, Well Informed

Skills: 98 ranks
Acrobatics 8/15
Athletics 11/13
Close Combat: Unarmed 2/15
Deception 13/18
Expertise: Spy 13/16
Insight 10/15
Intimidation 3/8
Investigation 5/8
Perception 5/10
Persuasion 5/10
Ranged Combat:
Sleight of Hand 8/15
Stealth 8/15
Technology 2/5
Treatment 2/5
Vehicles 3/10

Defenses:
Dodge 14 Parry 14 Toughness 4/6
Fortitude 7 Will 9

Offense:
Initiative 11
Unarmed 15, Damage 3
Widow's Bite 13, Damage 6
Pistol 13, Damage 3

Abilities 92 + Defenses 15 + Powers 17 + Advantages 50 + Skills 49 = 223 pp

Complications:
Motivation (Responsibility): She is a SHIELD agent who is also a member of Avengers.

Natasha has more feats/advantages than Captain himself because she is more likely to use those tricks rather than just hitting, especially in MCU. She is frequently seen disarming, tripping, fighting on the ground etc. Her low hitting power makes her a PL 9-9.5 on offense, but she is good at avoiding blows. Everyone speaks of how skillmonkey characters are expensive in 3e, so her cost didn't come as a surprise. Her points in advantages and skills can make a street level character themselves. She has a phenomenal deception rank, combined with +5 bonus from attractive, this would make her amazing at her job, which she is.

Now main Avengers first movie's crew is finished.
Last edited by Harnos on Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OwOMotaros

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (Black Widow)

Post by OwOMotaros »

Real nice build, but dear god having 'Black Widow' and 'Heavy Hitter' in the same sentence is damn near an oxymoron. Or is that just me.
Harnos

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (Black Widow)

Post by Harnos »

OwOMotaros wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:16 am Real nice build, but dear god having 'Black Widow' and 'Heavy Hitter' in the same sentence is damn near an oxymoron. Or is that just me.
Thank you so much. I will change the name soon. Everybody agrees with you on that, you are not alone. :D
Ken

Re: Heavy Hitters and Skillmonkeys (Black Widow)

Post by Ken »

Harnos wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:43 am
OwOMotaros wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:16 am Real nice build, but dear god having 'Black Widow' and 'Heavy Hitter' in the same sentence is damn near an oxymoron. Or is that just me.
Thank you so much. I will change the name soon. Everybody agrees with you on that, you are not alone. :D
Re: Heavy Hitters and Skillmonkeys
*applauds*
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Harnos

Re: Heavy Hitters and Skillmonkeys (Black Widow)

Post by Harnos »

Ken wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:40 pm

Harnos wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:43 am
Re: Heavy Hitters and Skillmonkeys
*applauds*
I delayed it for so long. :D
Harnos

Invincible (Mark Grayson)

Post by Harnos »

The build and the comment will include SPOILERS from both comic and tv show.

Invincible PL 15 (248)
Strength 18 Stamina 15 Fighting 10
Agility 4 Dexterity 2
Intellect 3 Awareness 4 Presence 4

Powers:
Viltrumite Strength: Enhanced Strength 2, Limited to Lifting (25.000 tons) (2)
Immortal Superhuman: (38)
Immunity 1 (Aging)
Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 10
Immunity 10 (Life Support), Quirk 1 (Immunity works for a limited time period)
Regeneration 1, Persistent, Limited to Half-Speed
Enhanced Advantages: Diehard, Great Endurance, Last Stand, Withstand Damage 1 (+2 Toughness, -2 Dodge/Parry), Ultimate Effort (Toughness)
Super-Speed:
Enhanced Advantages: Evasion 1, Move-by Action, Takedown 2 (40)
Flight 17, Subtle (250.000 MPH) [35 pp array]
  • Movement 2 (Space Travel 2: Interstellar)
Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Power Attack
Benefit 6 (Viltrumite Emperor), Connected, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Viltrumite), Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed), Interpose, Languages 1 (Base English, Viltrumite, Galactic Common), Ultimate Effort (Strength Checks)
Evasion 1, Move-by Action, Takedown 2
Diehard, Great Endurance, Last Stand, Withstand Damage 1 (+2 Toughness, -2 Dodge/Parry), Ultimate Effort (Toughness)

Skills: 42 ranks
Acrobatics 1/5
Athletics 2/20
Close Combat: Unarmed 2/12
Deception 1/5
Expertise: Superhero 7/10
Expertise: Viltrumite Emperor 5/8
Insight 4/8
Intimidation 4/8
Investigation 2/5
Perception 1/5
Persuasion 7/11
Ranged Combat: Throwing 6/8
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 10 Parry 11 Toughness 17
Fortitude 15 Will 12

Offense:
Initiative 4
Unarmed 12, Damage 18, Critical Range 18-20
Throwing 8, Damage 18

Abilities 120 + Defenses 15 + Powers 80 + Advantages 17 + Skills 21 = 253 pp

Complications:
Motivation (Justice): Mark grew up dreaming of being a superhero and fought to protect innocents his whole life.
Motivation (Loyalty): He is the viltrumite emperor and must lead his people and bring peace to galaxy.
Weakness: Viltrumites have an extra-organ that adjusts their balance while flying. Sounds at a certain frequency can make it impossible for them to fight, giving them paralyzed condition.
Spoiler
This is Mark Grayson at the end of the comic. He is the viltrumite emperor, much wiser than both his father and Thragg. He has Omni-Man's charisma and he is much more creative, finding interesting solutions to problems and using gifted villains for good. His blows are not as lethal as Omni-Man's blows, he kills less frequently than him. But he is a better fighter; he faced Thragg and held his ground long enough for Sun's corona to burn him (Robot's armors partially protected him from Sun) where his father received a deadly blow from him. Most of his dangerous enemies were viltrumites so Favored Foe feat is a must. He is overall a match for DCA Superman and I think this fits.
Last edited by Harnos on Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
Harnos

Graviton

Post by Harnos »

Graviton PL 16 (293)
Strength 2 Stamina 4 Fighting 5
Agility 2 Dexterity 3
Intellect 5 Awareness 0 Presence 2

Powers:
Gravity Shield: Protection 16, Sustained, Impervious 12 linked with Immunity 5 (Environmental Effects) (45)
Sense Gravity: Detect Gravity, Radius, Acute, Extended (4)
Gravity Adaptations: Immunity 2 (Gravity Effects). Movement 2: Environmental Adaptation (High and Low Gravity) (6)
Gravity Flight: Flight 10 (2000 MPH), Subtle (21)

Gravity Control: [124 pp array] (134)
  • Lift City Blocks: Move Object 16, Damaging, Subtle, Burst Area 4 (250 ft), Limited to Upwards or Downwards Movement, Increased Mass 8 (400 ktons-800 ktons), Feature 3 (Can spend a move action to increased area by 3 ranks up to 1/2 mile radius)
  • Telekinesis: Perception Ranged Move Object 16, Damaging, Subtle, Increased Mass 8 (400 ktons-800 ktons), Dynamic [73 pp]
  • Gravitic Blast: Ranged Damage 20, Accurate 2, Dynamic [44 pp]
  • Gravity Shield: Deflect 12, Reflect, Redirect, Limited to physical attacks, Dynamic [24 pp]
  • Throw Heavy Objects: Ranged Damage 16, Line Area 5 (120 ft by 20 ft), Indirect 4, Quirk 1 (Requires Objects)
  • Gravity Burst: Ranged Damage 16, Burst Area 4 (250 ft)
  • Enhanced Strength 18, Power-Lifting 5 (800 ktons), Dynamic [41 pp]
Advantages:
Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged: Cover)

Skills: 34 ranks
Acrobatics
Athletics
Close Combat: Unarmed 3/8
Deception
Expertise: Physical Sciences 13/18
Expertise:
Insight
Intimidation 8/10
Investigation
Perception
Persuasion
Ranged Combat: Gravity Blast 3/10
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology 7/12
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 8 Parry 8 Toughness
Fortitude 7 Will 6

Offense:
Initiative 2
Unarmed 8, Damage 2/20
Gravity Blast 10, Damage 20
Telekinesis -, Damage 16
Gravity Burst -, Damage 16
Throw Heavy Objects -, Damage 16

Abilities 46 + Defenses 18 + Powers 210 + Advantages 2 + Skills 17 = 293 pp

Complications:
Motivation (Power): Graviton believes that he deserves to rule the world because of his god-like power.
Mental Problems: Graviton most likely have few of those.

Avengers vs Graviton was the best fight in Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and one of the best fights in superhero animations. It showed epic power level of the villain: he could deflect Thor's attacks, send him flying and lift a small island. His lifting limit is on par with the Hulk. I expected him to cost over 300 points because of his huge array but I didn't give him many skills and feats because I'm not familiar with him. I didn't use affliction: move object effect nicely covers that and I don't think a long lasting third degree effect would fit his power descriptor.