Heavy Hitters and Skillmonkeys (Fulgrim, Carnage, Batman)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Harnos

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (Hulk)

Post by Harnos »

Hulk PL 15 (232)
Strength 18/21 Stamina 15/17 Fighting 7
Agility 1 Dexterity 1
Intellect -2 Awareness 1 Presence -1

Powers:
Green Goliath:
Growth 4, Permanent, Innate ( +4 Str, +4 Sta, 4 Mass,+2 to Intimidation, -4 Stealth, -2 Dodge, -2 Parry, Large Size)
Enhanced Advantages: Fast Grab, Improved Grab (11)
Strongest One There is:
Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to Lifting (100.000 tons)
Feature 2 (Wins opposed strength checks when in a tie, +5 situational bonus to escape grapple)
Enhanced Advantages: Extraordinary Effort, Improved Hold, Ultimate Effort (Strength Checks) (9)
Tough Brute: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 6 (14)
Healing Factor:
Regeneration 4 (Once every 3 rounds), Feature 1: Regrowth Limbs
Enhanced Advantages (Diehard, Great Endurance, Withstand Damage 1 (+2 Toughness, -2 Dodge/Parry), Ultimate Effort(Toughness))
Immunity 16 (Life Support, Fatigue, Sleep), Limited to Half-effect (17)
Jumper: Leaping 14 (16 Miles), Speed 3 (250 ft-16 Miles) (17)
Indomitable Rage: Immunity 20 (Mental Effects), Limited to Half-effect (10)

Unstoppable Rage:
Enhanced Strength 3, Uncontrolled (Lifting 800.000 tons) (9)
Enhanced Strength 1 , Uncontrolled , Limited to Extra Effort
Enhanced Stamina 2, Uncontrolled
Impervious Toughness 2, Uncontrolled
Regeneration 1 (Once every 2 rounds), Uncontrolled

Strength Stunts: [30 pp array] (32)
  • Groundstrike: Affliction 15, Burst Area 2 (60ft), (Resisted and Overcome by Dodge), (Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone),
    Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to targets on the ground linked with Burst Area 2 (60 ft) on Strength
    Damage 15, Limtied to targets on the ground
  • Thunderclap: Move Object 6 (1,5 tons), Close Ranged, Cone Area 1 (60 ft), Limited to pushing targets away linked with Affliction 8,
    Burst Area 1 (30 ft), (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude), (Dazed and Impaired Hearing, Stunned and Disabled Hearing,
    Incapacitated and Unaware [Hearing]), Extra Condition
Advantages:
All-out Attack, Power Attack, Takedown
Fearless, Improved Smash, Interpose
Fast Grab, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Withstand Damage 1 (+2 Toughness, -2 Dodge/Parry), Ultimate Effort (Strength Checks), Ultimate Effort(Toughness)

Skills: 26 ranks
Acrobatics
Athletics 2/20
Close Combat: Unarmed 1/8
Deception
Expertise:
Expertise:
Insight
Intimidation 17/18 (+2 size)
Investigation
Perception
Persuasion
Ranged Combat: Throwing 6/7
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 5 Parry 7 Toughness 17/19
Fortitude 15/17 Will 7

Offense:
Initiative 1
Unarmed 8, Damage 18 (21 with Unstoppable Rage)
Throwing 7, Damage 18 (21 with Unstoppable Rage)

Abilities 80 + Defenses 14 + Powers 119 + Advantages 6 + Skills 13 = 232 pp

Complications:
Temper: Hulk is a creature of rage and caused immense destruction more than one time.
Motivation (Peace): Hulk wants the world to stop hunting him down.
Motivation (Responsibility): He feels responsible for his loved ones and always fights to protect them.
Enemy: General Ross, The Leader and Abomination.
Relationship: His lover Betty Ross, his son Skaar his cousin She-Hulk.
Normal Identity: Hulk returns into his Bruce Banner form after calming down, being drained mentally or when his gamma radiation is leeched.

I considered using a PL 14-20 STR version but it didn't seem enough. Hulk should be Superman's superior and Doomsday's equal in strength, if not stronger. Also placing him one level below Thor didn't feel good either. I liked The Hulk vs animation where he mopped the ground with Thor, with his potent regeneration he can do that with these builds too. Maybe his regen is too much, I'm not sure. He is rage and destruction persofinied and "the" heaviest hitter, excluding cosmic beings.

By the way first Hulk movie was awesome when you watched it as a kid. :D
Last edited by Harnos on Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:34 am, edited 11 times in total.
M4C8

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (Thor)

Post by M4C8 »

While I prefer the MCU Hulk (from The Avengers onward, I tend to ignore the Incredible Hulk movie) the scene in the Ang Lee Hulk where he's throwing about tanks in the desert is still one of the best depictions of the character I've ever seen.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

M4C8 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:06 pm While I prefer the MCU Hulk (from The Avengers onward, I tend to ignore the Incredible Hulk movie) the scene in the Ang Lee Hulk where he's throwing about tanks in the desert is still one of the best depictions of the character I've ever seen.
Yeah, the lack of MCU Hulk throwing tanks around is simply unforgivable. Hell, the lack of superheroes throwing tanks around in movies in general is just sad.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Harnos wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:20 am
Also placing him one level below Thor didn't feel good either. I liked The Hulk vs animation where he mopped the ground with Thor, with his potent regeneration he can do that with these builds too. Maybe his regen is too much, I'm not sure. He is rage and destruction persofinied and "the" heaviest hitter, excluding cosmic beings.
In Thor's defense, it was a pretty even fight until Loki lost control of the Hulk, and without Banner in the Hulk to act as a limiter, the Hulk basically was a Doomsday level threat.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Ares wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:38 pm
Harnos wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:20 am
Also placing him one level below Thor didn't feel good either. I liked The Hulk vs animation where he mopped the ground with Thor, with his potent regeneration he can do that with these builds too. Maybe his regen is too much, I'm not sure. He is rage and destruction persofinied and "the" heaviest hitter, excluding cosmic beings.
In Thor's defense, it was a pretty even fight until Loki lost control of the Hulk, and without Banner in the Hulk to act as a limiter, the Hulk basically was a Doomsday level threat.
Yeah, it was pretty lovely to see him in full berserker, rage elemental mod.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

M4C8 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:06 pm While I prefer the MCU Hulk (from The Avengers onward, I tend to ignore the Incredible Hulk movie) the scene in the Ang Lee Hulk where he's throwing about tanks in the desert is still one of the best depictions of the character I've ever seen.
I couldn't agree more. Also I remember him being more agile in that movie than anywhere else, he caught a missile by his hand and spit back the warhead. :D
Last edited by Harnos on Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Iron Man PL 13
Strength 2/13 Stamina 3 Fighting 8/11
Agility 3 Dexterity 4
Intellect 10 Awareness 3 Presence 5

Powers:
Superhuman Genius: Quickness 4 (Limited to Mental Tasks), Enhanced Advantage: Speed of Thought (3)

Iron Man Armor: (171 points, Removable) (137)
Features 3 (Limited to Tony Stark, Remote Control)
Boot Jets: Flight 12 (8.000 MPH) (24)
Servo Motors: Enhanced Strength 11 (200 tons) (22)
Armor: Protection 11, Impervious 8, (27)
Communication and Translation Interface: Communication 4 (Worldwide, Radio) (22)
Comprehend 3 (Read, Speak and Understand All Languages)
Jarvis: Feature 1 (AI), Enhanced Advantage: Beginner's Luck (2)
Sensors: Extended Vision 3, Infravision, Extended Hearing, Detect Energy 2 (Acute, Accurate) (9)
Tactical Computer: Enhanced Fighting 3, Enhanced Dodge 4 (27)
Enhanced Advantages: Close Attack 1, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged; Cover and Concealment), Improved
Disarm, Improved Smash, Move-by Action
Variable 1, Free Action (Combat Modes and Sensory Powers)
Weapon Systems: [33 pp array] (36)
  • Uni-beam: Ranged Damage 16, Accurate 1
  • Uni-beam Line: Ranged Damage 13, Distracting Line Area 1 (120 ft)
  • Uni-beam Cone: Ranged Damage 13, Distracting, Cone Area 1 (60 ft)
  • Repulsor Beam: Ranged Damage 14, Accurate 2, Variable 1 (Heat or Kinetic)
  • Multi-beams: Ranged Damage 9, Multi-attack, Accurate 3, Variable 1 (Heat or Kinetic)
  • Missile: Ranged Damage 11, Accurate 2, Burst Area 1 (30 ft) on Ranged Damage 7, Homing 2
Advantages:
Benefit 5 (Wealth), Eidetic Memory, Connected, Equipment 5, Inventor, Ranged Attack 2, Skill Mastery (Expertise: Science, Technology), Ultimate Effort (Technology Checks), Teamwork
Beginner's Luck, Close Attack 1, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged; Cover and Concealment), Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Move-by Action, Speed of Thought

Skills: 68
Acrobatics 2/5
Athletics 5/8
Close Combat: Unarmed
Deception 4/9
Expertise: Business 4/14
Expertise: Science 10/20
Insight 4/6
Intimidation 3/8
Investigation 1/11
Perception 5/7
Persuasion 9/14
Ranged Combat: Weapon Systems 3/9 (Plus Accurate)
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology 13/23
Treatment
Vehicles 5/9

Defenses:
Dodge 8/12 Parry 8/11 Toughness 3/14
Fortitude 6 Will 10

Offense:
Initiative 3
Unarmed 8/12 , Damage 2/13
Repulsor Beam 12, Damage 14
Multi-beam 14, Damage 9
Missile 12 (Homing 2), Damage 11
Uni-beam 10, Damage 16
Uni-beam Area, Damage 13

Abilities 76 +Defenses 16 + Powers 140 + Advantages 18 + Skills 34 = 284 pp

Complications:
Motivation (Doing Good): Tony genuinely wants to help others and make the world a better place.
Relationships: Tony has a romantic relationship with Pepper Potts and friendship with Rhodey.
Addiction: He has a drinking problem.
Enemies: Mandarin, Obadiah Stane and many others.
Fame: He didn't keep his superheroism a secret.

Iron Man cannot fight Thor or Hulk and hope to win, but he can still keep up with them when they fight together. I considered makimg him PL 12 but he would be too weak compared to his team mates. He reaches his level caps on range attack and defense, however he is weaker in melee, he generally prefers to keep his distance. He is not a sharpshooter but his tactical computers and targeting systems make him quite competent.
Last edited by Harnos on Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Harnos wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:20 am I liked The Hulk vs animation where he mopped the ground with Thor, with his potent regeneration he can do that with these builds too.
Ouch. Poor Thor. If only Wolverine had been there to protect him. Or some tranquilizer darts. :D
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters (Thor, Hulk, Iron Man)

Post by Ares »

Iron Man's one of those guys who is powerful enough to give Thor or the Hulk a fight, but he has no real chance to win. Not in a straight, fair fight anyway. He was able to KO the Hulk once in his normal armor, but there were several factors involved. The Hulk was briefly dazed due to a 747 exploding in his face, Tony was able to hit the Hulk with a sucker punch, and he channeled every ounce of his armor's power into that punch, which was basically Tony's super move in the 70s. This actually caused Tony's armor to shut down and they needed Ant-Man to travel inside Tony's armor to repair it before Tony died inside of it.

For Tony to have more of a fair fight with heavy hitters, he needs something like his Hulkbuster armor.

greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Yes, it really, really was!
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:04 pm
Harnos wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:20 am I liked The Hulk vs animation where he mopped the ground with Thor, with his potent regeneration he can do that with these builds too.
Ouch. Poor Thor. If only Wolverine had been there to protect him. Or some tranquilizer darts. :D
Yeah, that scene really made me angry. You knocked out the giant with the strongest body on earth and the guy famous for his incredible regeneration with just darts, really. :o I didn't love the Wolverine fight but it was not that bad; at least we saw that those claws do lethal damage, unlike some other media. :D
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

It was putting both stories on the same disc that really made it stand out for me. I know that power levels are whatever the writer wants them to be in any given story. I can believe a Hulk that has trouble with poisons and Wolverine, and if I squint really really hard, I can almost believe a Hulk who solos Asgard. But putting them both in the same place? It's like that Scott Snyder Batman story where he beats up the entire Justice League but then the Joker beats him by locking him in a room and gassing him.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Captain America PL 13 (234)
Strength 6 Stamina 7 Fighting 14
Agility 7 Dexterity 7
Intellect 2 Awareness 7 Presence 6

Powers:
Super-Soldier: Speed 2 (8 MPH), Leaping 2 (30 ft) (6)
Immunity 3 (Disease, Poison, Aging), Limited to Half-effect

Vibranium Shield: (28 points, Easily Removable) (18)
Enhanced Dodge 3, Parry 3
Enhanced Advantages: Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Smash, Interpose, Withstand Damage 2 (+5 Toughness, -5 Dodge/Parry)
Feature 2 (Indestructible) [14]

Shield Tactics (12 pp array] [14]
  • Shield Bash: Strength-based Damage 3, Penetrating 9
  • Shield Throw: Ranged Strength-based Damage 7, Split 2, Diminished Range 1 (90\225\450 ft), Ricochet 2
  • Shield Defense: Deflect 12

Chainmail Suit: Protection 2, Removable (1)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Close Attack 3, Defensive Attack, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3
Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit 2 (Fame), Connected, Diehard, Equipment 4, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Disarm, Inspire 5, Instant-Up, Leadership, Quick Draw, Set-Up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort 2 (Will Saves, Shield Bash)
Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Smash, Interpose

Skills: 88 ranks
Acrobatics 7/15
Athletics 12/18
Close Combat: Unarmed 1/18
Deception
Expertise: Soldier 10/12
Expertise: History 3/5
Insight 6/12
Intimidation 8/14
Investigation 8/10
Perception 7/14
Persuasion 10/16
Ranged Combat: Throwing 5/15
Sleight of Hand
Stealth 5/12
Technology
Treatment 2/4
Vehicles 2/9

Defenses:
Dodge 13/16 Parry 14/17 Toughness 7/9 (14 with Shield Brace)
Fortitude 10 Will 14

Offense:
Initiative 15
Unarmed 18, Damage 6
Shield Bash 17, Damage 9
Shield Throw 15, Damage 7

Abilities 110 +Defenses 16 + Powers 25 + Advantages 41 + Skills 44 = 236 pp

Complications:
Motivation (Loyalty): Captain America is a true patriot as well as symbol of patriotism.
Motivation (Honor): Captain is an honest and chivalrous man who protects the innocent and helps those in need.
Man Out of Time: Steve Rogers missed the last fifty or so years of human civilization and technological advancement.
Enemy: Red Skull and many others.

It took time to decide Cap's power level. I wasn't comfortable with making him a full-fledged PL 13 but even relatively low-powered builds put him at PL 12 and I aim to use higher levels of power. He can't stop world shakers himself but he could hold his own for a short while. He also should be distract likes of Thanos too. Lastly, checking the DC books, I remembered DC's supersoldier Deathstroke is officially PL 13 and Batman is PL 12, so 13 is where he should be.

I erased his Improved Critical feats after making him reach his offensive level cap, he doesn't need more than that and Power Attack can represent his head-smashing blows. His unarmed prowess is equal to official Batman. He can modify his attack and defense values in either direction, including increasing toughness. He can support team members very well with Teamwork, Set-up and Interpose. He has better than average intelligence, knows what is right and can lead the whole superhero community if necessary. Chainmail suit is a device instead of mundane equipment because it endured hits from mighty beings. I considered giving him 1 ranks off Attractive because he is a perfect specimen and portrayed by Chris Evans, but Thor is more frequently stated to be handsome in-universe and I didn't give him. Also I must state that he is cheaper than I thought but this is because I tend to give powered characters big arrays and he doesn't have one.

I must state that loved it when he held Mjolnir in MCU, I hoped to see it after Age of Ultron.
Last edited by Harnos on Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I like your Thor, Hulk and Cap America builds.

Thor and Hulk have good levels of strength and I agree with your numbers listed (even though Thor will tell you he is the stronger of the two).

I like that you gave Cap A a strength of 6. That is good for when he does those feats that seem tougher than a 4 would indicate.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Goldar wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:37 am I like your Thor, Hulk and Cap America builds.

Thor and Hulk have good levels of strength and I agree with your numbers listed (even though Thor will tell you he is the stronger of the two).

I like that you gave Cap A a strength of 6. That is good for when he does those feats that seem tougher than a 4 would indicate.
Thanks for the comment mate. Captain being a "peak athlete" never satisfied me, I love him when he is truly superhuman.