[MM3]Sunstormers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers IC

Post by jmucchiello »

Deborah verifies her phone was not on mute. She takes it off speaker and holds it to her ear. "Meet us where we split." And she hangs up.

(OOC: Deborah doesn't want to talk much in front of Nemesis.)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"See you... Oh," says Khemis as Deborah hangs up.

She carefully makes her way, still invisible, back to the alley where Sunny landed.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

You all manage to get there without incident...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"So, constructive I think!" Khemis comments as they meet up. "Though I could have lived without her being there..."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Tony Jones wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:07 am "So, constructive I think!" Khemis comments as they meet up. "Though I could have lived without her being there..."
"Sorry for cutting you off," Deborah says. "I didn't want to say where we were meeting up where she could hear it. Not that she couldn't follow you there. But anything that she has to work for is probably better for us. Shall we go back to my place to discuss our next move?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Looking around, Khemis does not see Nemesis anywhere.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: Fair enough, but Nemesis has demonstrated the ability to communicate with Khemis without being visible to her, so who knows whether she's about or not!?

"That is fair," Khemis replies to Deborah. "And yes, your place sounds great, if we might have a lift again?"

She looks over at Sunny as she says this.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

jmucchiello wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:11 pm Deborah hands Sunny her phone and activates the camera app. "Take a few pics of me as well as one of me sipping the coffee. And then I think we can leave. Not much else is going on."
"Um, sure?" Sunny blinked, owlishly. Deborah had an interesting phone cover, all decorative and colorful. Sunny's own was just clear hard-plastic and fairly plain. He wasn't the best at taking pictures either, having little practice with such things. Sure, that shakiness in his hands which normally made taking steady pictures difficult for Sunny was gone now, but he still had little practice with taking pictures of people (much less what would be good to post on social media). "Smile?" Sunny passed the phone back to Deborah after taking a few pictures, leaving her to check them over while pondering the things she had ripped from Sinclair's and Ebert's minds.

"They know we exist, but haven't pinned down our civilian identities. that's good, especially since they haven't connected us to Albert yet. Of course, now that Al's flown the coop, it won't be long until they realize he's gone. I'll have to be careful around this neighborhood in the future..." he mused. "Albert isn't safe staying at his apartment, but if they don't see any signs of people living at his place tomorrow, they'll known something is up and that meeting with McMillan might be canceled. Or, it could be moved up when they realize Albert's fled."

Either was bad. If the meeting was cancelled, there was no oppurtunity to get Deborah in position to read McMillan's mind and see who was backing this op. If the meeting was moved up, that would herald a different approach to the op, likely causing the squad of super-soldiers to move more openly and actively to hunt Albert down... and whoever would be willing to shelter him. This was a dangerous game they were all playing, and Sunny had to wonder what the smart thing to do would be -- to keep things in the shadows so they didn't escalate, or drag things out into the light to be broken open for the world to see.
Tony Jones wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:25 pm "That is fair," Khemis replies to Deborah. "And yes, your place sounds great, if we might have a lift again?"

She looks over at Sunny as she says this.
"Sure, I can give you both a lift," Sunny shrugged nonchalantly. "I'd rather we get this done before the rain starts --- carrying passengers is tricky enough without having to worry about the rain."

Then, a thought occurred to him. "But what about Albert? He's still at Khemis'. Doesn't he deserve to be part of this discussion too?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I don't think we want to meet at Khemis' place," Deborah says. "Drop us at my place. Khemis can message one of her friends to tell Albert you're coming to pick him up. We can talk at my place. He can't stay there. But we'll figure that out later."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Yes, he should definitely be involved!" comments Khemis. "But yes, not at my place, thank you! I'll message them now..."

She pulls out her phone and lets one of her friends know what is going on, and for Albert to be ready...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Albert agrees and will be waiting to be picked up...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis passes this on to the others of course...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Folks?
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: Waiting on the others, Sunny in particular...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

OOC: Yeah, sorry, but Sunny is in the hotseat at the moment. All we actually need is a "I fly them to Deb's condo and go get Albert".