[MM3]Sunstormers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers IC

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis lets the others know this.

She takes photos on her phone of anything that looks like evidence. In particular any footprints, tracks etc.

She doesn't dig around in the trash herself, but if there are any signs of what the assailant was interested in she'll note or photograph that too.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Alas, there is nothing obvious about what the assailant was looking for.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"We should go. It's bad enough we're leaving footprints behind," Deborah says.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"You three go, I'll stay discretely and make sure he's taken care of properly," Khemis repeats to the others.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Also, looks like the shooter went this way," she continues, indicating the tracks she has found and taking some pictures of them with her phone. "Do any of you know how to track? Because I don't..."
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Meanwhile, a few hours in the future:

By 5 am, Helen was already up, had a quick shower and was fully dressed to go to work. Her watch commander, Captain Anderson was a real stickler for rules and would often chew out officers who were even a couple of minutes late for roll call. Then again he'll most likely yell at anyone who irritates him whenever the mood strikes him anyway.

As she ate her raisin bagel with cream cheese, she briefly watched the news on the tv.

Nope, she didn't win the state lottery, another sports team she betted on had lost so she is in deep in the betting pool for forty bucks. On top of that, the daily horoscope predicted that today she might be feeling a desire to do some redecorating, perhaps in anticipation of hosting a future social event, might prove frustrating this day.

Which was a false prediction as right now she didn't have even the slightest desire to repaint her apartment.

Helen still intended to go to the Feds or perhaps even to Anderson and publicly reveal her power. But first she had to find what she can actually do and how well she control her powers. Floating around like Peter Pan and levitating liquor bottles isn't going to make much of an impression.

She placed a call to someone who owed her a favor. A big one.

"Rizzo? Hey what's up?"

"Helen? Been a while. What can i do ya?" came the heavily accented voice from the other end.

"You still own the gym downtown, am i right?"

"Yeah, sure. But i have to close it down and put it up for sale. I mostly store unused exercise equipment there. You interested in buying?"

"Hell no, Rizzo. I just want to ahhh...sort of borrow the place for a while."

Rizzo's voice grew suspicious. "You ain't planning a rave party or poker game are ya? Stuff like that can get me into trouble...."

Helen cut him off as she left the apartment and headed to her car.

"Look, Rizzo. You owe me. Who got your son off that drug possession charge? Unless you want me to file a report, you will leave the keys to the gym when i get there after work, no questions asked. Otherwise your boy is going to have a serious talk with the narcotics division, understand? Good.

Have a nice day."

After work, she will start training.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Tony Jones wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:13 pm "Also, looks like the shooter went this way," she continues, indicating the tracks she has found and taking some pictures of them with her phone. "Do any of you know how to track? Because I don't..."
After a moment Khemis shrugs and attempts to follow the tracks anyway....
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Give me another investigation check, please.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Following them is not that hard, fortunately, until they reach the street. There, where the snow is missing or turned into brown sludge, she loses the tracks...meanwhile, an ambulance and a police car speed down the street...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

As she leaves the back yard, Khemis shimmers into the darkness and disappears from sight. She does take photos of what tracks she can see.

When she sees the ambulance and police arriving she hurries back to the others, reappearing as she turns the corner.

"Emergency services are here!" she tells them. "You go, I'll keep watch and catch up soon!"

She leaps up onto the roof of the house and behind a chimney, merging back into the darkness again.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Vickie Pulaski (Charger)

Vickie had been maintaining some degree of overwatch while they waited- as best she could, since she couldn't see in the dark. She had eyed Khemis' behavior with something like concern- without some kind of super-senses, trying to track the shooter was a fool's errand. And even if you could track them, they had apparently killed one person tonight- why give them a chance to make it two? The police were going to be ticked off anyway, given how badly the crime scene had been tampered with...

As soon as the emergency response vehicles were in sight, Vickie called out to the others. "They're here- I'll catch up with you later." And as soon as she was done speaking, she focused her will and rose up into the darkened sky, turning towards the lake.

A few seconds after that, there was a massive echoing boom from the same direction. While she knew better than to break the sound barrier inside city limits, that didn't mean she couldn't- making a sonic boom over the middle of Lake Michigan was safe enough... (and given the evnts of the day, it probably wouldn't even make the news)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Sunny, give me a lift?" Deborah asks. "Back to the park will be fine."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Both the ambulance and the police car park close by, the paramedics rushing towards Mr. Jun. Apparently, he is still alive and they begin to work on getting him into the car while the officers cordon the area off...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Up on the roof, Khemis lets her (invisible in the darkness) body collapse into a puddle of liquid that slithers quietly down to the edge of the roof, where she peers out to observe what is going on below.

[OOC: Well, I guess the paramedics are trampling over the evidence quite effectively there too...]